Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Cloud SIM vs Punting Phone - Pros and Cons and Warning  (Read 4564 times)

Offline shooter

Sharing my experience with Cloud Sim which Ive tried over last few months instead of my punting phone which I lost on a night out whoring in Prague :D :lol: :D :D

PROS
Easy to install on iphone and set up a new number.
SMS and calls are easy  to make -and it is your cloud sim number that is sent to the receiving phone

You have to select the cloud number when you text and call otherwise it will use your sim number, but it is easy to select and and you cant really fuck that up unless you are a complete fucking technophobe  :sarcastic:
Seems to work better when you are on wifi than on data but not sure why
Cost wise, its about 4 quid a month or £9 for 3
Its easy enough to delete messages and calls once done:
but see warning on new phone below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONS
The app says you have to enable notifications for it to work properly. So this means you get a banner when phone is locked dispaying the
"Hi Yes I am avaiable and its £20 extra to cum on my face and £50 extra to fuck my arse" (insert your own pecadillo  :D:scare:

You can change that in phone settings so it just says "Cloud Sim notification" and not the message details on the lock screen,
but be warned:

When you then open the message in the app, the cloud sim message stays in the notification centre and even if you have it set to  hide the message, it can still be read by just tapping on it when you pull the notifications down form the lock screen
WARNING!!! YOU DONT HAVE TO UNLOCK THE PHONE TO DO THIS  :thumbsdown: :manhater: :dash: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare:

BUT... YOU CAN  switch notifications off and the app seems to work ok, which I have now done, but not tested fully. Danger is that u get a message and forget to check the app and it will sit there. You can probably change how the general notifications are set up on the phone, but I havent tried that.

The main other bug is that if you  reinstall it on a new phone, ALL of the message you have sent previously are reinstated, even if you deleted them before, which means they are sat on a server somewhere (like all SMS are I guess)  :blush: :scare: :scare:  :bomb:

SUMMARY
Having said all of that - I like the app - it saves carrying a spare phone around and if you are careful in use and aware of  issues you can manage it,and most of the issues of deleting messages etc apply to a punting phone as well, but the punting phone will allow you to use whatsapp which is a big plus . So Horses for Courses. :music:

Hope this is of some use to other punters :hi:

Offline Foxtail17

Sharing my experience with Cloud Sim which Ive tried over last few months instead of my punting phone which I lost on a night out whoring in Prague :D :lol: :D :D

PROS
Easy to install on iphone and set up a new number.
SMS and calls are easy  to make -and it is your cloud sim number that is sent to the receiving phone

You have to select the cloud number when you text and call otherwise it will use your sim number, but it is easy to select and and you cant really fuck that up unless you are a complete fucking technophobe  :sarcastic:
Seems to work better when you are on wifi than on data but not sure why
Cost wise, its about 4 quid a month or £9 for 3
Its easy enough to delete messages and calls once done:
but see warning on new phone below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONS
The app says you have to enable notifications for it to work properly. So this means you get a banner when phone is locked dispaying the
"Hi Yes I am avaiable and its £20 extra to cum on my face and £50 extra to fuck my arse" (insert your own pecadillo  :D:scare:

You can change that in phone settings so it just says "Cloud Sim notification" and not the message details on the lock screen,
but be warned:

When you then open the message in the app, the cloud sim message stays in the notification centre and even if you have it set to  hide the message, it can still be read by just tapping on it when you pull the notifications down form the lock screen
WARNING!!! YOU DONT HAVE TO UNLOCK THE PHONE TO DO THIS  :thumbsdown: :manhater: :dash: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare:

BUT... YOU CAN  switch notifications off and the app seems to work ok, which I have now done, but not tested fully. Danger is that u get a message and forget to check the app and it will sit there. You can probably change how the general notifications are set up on the phone, but I havent tried that.

The main other bug is that if you  reinstall it on a new phone, ALL of the message you have sent previously are reinstated, even if you deleted them before, which means they are sat on a server somewhere (like all SMS are I guess)  :blush: :scare: :scare:  :bomb:

SUMMARY
Having said all of that - I like the app - it saves carrying a spare phone around and if you are careful in use and aware of  issues you can manage it,and most of the issues of deleting messages etc apply to a punting phone as well, but the punting phone will allow you to use whatsapp which is a big plus . So Horses for Courses. :music:

Hope this is of some use to other punters :hi:

Thanks for this.

I am going to be upgrading my smart phone in the next few months and had toyed with the idea of a  cloud sim.
Food for thought for me now.

Offline Gordon Bennett

Thanks for this.

I am going to be upgrading my smart phone in the next few months and had toyed with the idea of a  cloud sim.
Food for thought for me now.

It's also the perfect opportunity to keep your old (ie current) smart phone and use it as your punting phone. Factory reset it and get a PAYG SIM of your choice in a fake name and set up whatever apps you deem useful in that fake name eg WhatsApp KIK Instagram Facebook Twitter Maps whatever.
Obviously you keep it under the guise of it being a useful back-up or emergency phone and just sling it in the "man drawer"  with all the other bits n bobs.

There's no right or wrong way to proceed with punting telephony - I'm just pointing out that getting a new personal mobile is a perfect opportunity to get a decent punting phone that does not arouse any suspicion...... it's simply your "old phone".

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

I've got a crafty landline phone number on my mobbie it works on a programe called  Zopier. The number its from Voipfone an 056 series one:).

No one would  find it if the prog isnt running...

Offline millbush

It's also the perfect opportunity to keep your old (ie current) smart phone and use it as your punting phone. Factory reset it and get a PAYG SIM of your choice in a fake name and set up whatever apps you deem useful in that fake name eg WhatsApp KIK Instagram Facebook Twitter Maps whatever.
Obviously you keep it under the guise of it being a useful back-up or emergency phone and just sling it in the "man drawer"  with all the other bits n bobs.

There's no right or wrong way to proceed with punting telephony - I'm just pointing out that getting a new personal mobile is a perfect opportunity to get a decent punting phone that does not arouse any suspicion...... it's simply your "old phone".

This. Or a cheap phone using your normal phone in any form is lunacy at the very least you could leave it on a booking can't see why you wouldn't use a dedicated phone for the sake of a few quid.
Banned reason: Troll.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline shooter

:thumbsup: Very true, having a spare smartphone isnt a luxury these days and being able to whatapp etc is a massive bonus.

Cloud Sim on the main phone might be useful in the scenario where you get the "urge" when out and about and the punting phone is left in the man drawer  :D :D. "The professional punter must be prepared for every emergency"  :lol: :D :cool:
 :hi:

Offline tynetunnel

I’ve an iPhone X. My regular sim is on the inbuilt ‘virtual sim’ and my normal life goes on there. I have a 3 sim in the physical slot, paid for in cash at Argos, topped up with cash. This i use for WA for my SA goings-on and for any texting of WG’s or anything else illicit. All notifications off - phone protected by a 6 digit passcode and face unlocking. At any time I can dispose of the 3 sim and start over.

Always prepared  :hi:

Offline JimmySW

I use "Another number" which has none of the notification ussues listed above on an Iphone 11, it even has its own phone book for privacy. When on the way to a punt I turn on the notifications in case I have a communication from the girl.

Offline Gordon Bennett

I’ve an iPhone X. My regular sim is on the inbuilt ‘virtual sim’ and my normal life goes on there. I have a 3 sim in the physical slot, paid for in cash at Argos, topped up with cash. This i use for WA for my SA goings-on and for any texting of WG’s or anything else illicit. All notifications off - phone protected by a 6 digit passcode and face unlocking. At any time I can dispose of the 3 sim and start over.

Going forwards I'm wondering if these new inbuilt virtual SIMs in new phones will gradually lead to the physical SIMs we all know and love becoming redundant, obsolete and discontinued? Might be some way off yet but it could be a right pain if you can't just buy a PAYG SIM for a quid cash and operate a phone anonymously.

Offline Sparta Prada

I’m currently in the camp of carrying an extra smartphone which I keep well out of sight of my OH. My normal phone is a Samsung 10 which does have a dual sim feature, but I just fear that having an unexpected notification pop up from my punting number could be rather costly!

Offline leffe7

Could you elaborate on this this 3 sim, sounds like something I should be getting.

Thanks

Offline fisherofsouls

A related question for the more technically-minded on here...

Is it possible to get a virtual number for my mobile which makes it appear to be from another country, i.e. :

* Phone is physically in my possession in the UK and has number "+44 7777 123456"

* Phone presents e.g. "+1 555 123 4567" so that:
  x Calls can be made and taken as if "+1 555 123 4567"
  x Texts can be sent and received as if from "+1 555 123 4567"
  x WhatsApp thinks the phone's number is "+1 555 123 4567"

Thanks in advance !

Offline tynetunnel

Could you elaborate on this this 3 sim, sounds like something I should be getting.

Thanks
Top it up in cash at any newsagent or convenience store that does mobile top up. Make one call or text every 6 months to keep credit loaded and sim active. Nice and simple

External Link/Members Only

Offline Bond

Is it possible to get a virtual number for my mobile which makes it appear to be from another country, i.e. :

* Phone is physically in my possession in the UK and has number "+44 7777 123456"

Thanks in advance !

With Cloud SIM you can also buy a US, Canada and Poland number.

Offline GingerNuts

Are WGs going to take calls seriously if they seemingly come from a non-UK number?

Offline sonyvaio

Thanks in advance !

Loads of apps to do this - try talkatone - I've used this one

Offline Jsmith

I use an app called text  me.  Free to setup and as long as you use it once in 7 days (text or call) you can keep the same number. If you go over 7 days, it will issue you a new number at the click of a button.  Best thing is it’s free. To get credits all you do is send a text to that number. 1 text is 1 min of calls to a uk number. Most people have unlimited texts on the civvie phone anyway so send a text to the text me number and it adds credits. Up to 50 a day. You can discard your number and get another one at any time too. Can also be used to call worldwide.

Offline Spacecowb0y

Thanks

walked into a 3 store and bought a payg sim with £10 credit. Paid in cash. Into my punting phone and jobs a goodun.
Top up at the top up sign,newsagents,tesco and make 1 call every 6 months to keep alive.
Punt phone and civvy phone never look or talk to each other

Offline airrift2010

I’ve been using Vyke for a couple of years now, works similar to the service described by OP but you can turn notifications off completely. It seems to work better on cellular than wifi. Credit and number last for 30 days and carry over for another 30 days when you use it.

Offline Bigwilts

I use an app called text  me.  Free to setup and as long as you use it once in 7 days (text or call) you can keep the same number. If you go over 7 days, it will issue you a new number at the click of a button.  Best thing is it’s free. To get credits all you do is send a text to that number. 1 text is 1 min of calls to a uk number. Most people have unlimited texts on the civvie phone anyway so send a text to the text me number and it adds credits. Up to 50 a day. You can discard your number and get another one at any time too. Can also be used to call worldwide.
I use TextMe and I add free credits by playing the advertising videos.
When you have some free time and are not using the phone just keep clicking to play another video.

I don’t worry about retaining numbers and treat them as disposable, I may hang onto a number for a while.

I have only had a problem number twice - Shortly after activating a number I received messages asking “Who is this?” Etc.  Presumably the numbers were previously used for harassing someone

No problem the first time as I just binned the number and activated another.
The second time was a bit of a nuisance as I was getting directions to an address and hadn’t got the flat number yet.  I was receiving texts & calls from a number with a woman and no caller ID from a guy.
I assume he was the boyfriend of a woman who had been getting calls.

This was frustrating but balanced by the convenience of easy access to disposable numbers

Offline RogerBoner

I use TextMe and I add free credits by playing the advertising videos.
When you have some free time and are not using the phone just keep clicking to play another video.

I don’t worry about retaining numbers and treat them as disposable, I may hang onto a number for a while.

I have only had a problem number twice - Shortly after activating a number I received messages asking “Who is this?” Etc.  Presumably the numbers were previously used for harassing someone

No problem the first time as I just binned the number and activated another.
The second time was a bit of a nuisance as I was getting directions to an address and hadn’t got the flat number yet.  I was receiving texts & calls from a number with a woman and no caller ID from a guy.
I assume he was the boyfriend of a woman who had been getting calls.

This was frustrating but balanced by the convenience of easy access to disposable numbers
Some SPs couldn't call me back on my TextMe number as their phones thought that they were calling a premium number. Maybe they are premium numbers? Now I use a burner for most, but not all.

Offline dirtybirdieuk

Text me is a great free app for a disposable UK number.  Ironically I have had issues contacting a sp and not being able to text her from the app.  The sp said she had tmobile but I could not understand why I could not send texts to her but she could send to my number.

Offline Bigwilts

Text me is a great free app for a disposable UK number.  Ironically I have had issues contacting a sp and not being able to text her from the app.  The sp said she had tmobile but I could not understand why I could not send texts to her but she could send to my number.
I had a similar problem develop at one point.
I’m convinced that I could originally dial normal 07 mobile numbers, and then they seemed to stop working.  I needed to do the +44 equivalent.

Online magnetico

When you use all these "virtual sims" you're allowing the app to read your full contact list, right?

Offline Avg_Joe

i still think the asda pay as you go 50p sim is the best option if you don't need data etc, thing is valid for upto about 6 months before first use, and can be topped up totally anonymously via top up codes you can pay cash for at the supermaket, any problems just throw it away and get another one, i keep a spare in my car at all times as it;s just handy to have
Banned reason: White knight.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Bigwilts

When you use all these "virtual sims" you're allowing the app to read your full contact list, right?
Potentially - yes

Offline JimmySW

Another number has its own contact list and nothing crosses over.

Offline Pussi

How does the virtual sim work on your phone if you use WhatsApp?  WA is paired to one number on the app so I guess you can't switch between numbers. I understand calling and sms texting can be separate but what about WA. Any input?
P
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 02:32:37 am by Pussi »

Offline JimmySW

How does the virtual sim work on your phone if you use WhatsApp? 

Don't know abouth the virtual sim but WA doesn't work with Another Number - not a bad thing!

Offline sonyvaio

How does the virtual sim work on your phone if you use WhatsApp?  WA is paired to one number on the app so I guess you can't switch between numbers. I understand calling and sms texting can be separate but what about WA. Any input?
P

Just install Whatsapp twice.

Online magnetico

Offline tynetunnel

P
IIRC I had to migrate from my non punting (friends and family) sim to the new punting sim, via WhatsApp settings. As far as I know it can only be used on iPhone with one sim or the other (not both) so I keep it just on my punting sim.

Offline Nic Fit

Whatsapp
Whatsapp Business

I don't think there's much difference between the apps.

Offline Pussi

Found an easy fix to my problem above. Took me 10 mins tops.

So I do have a punting phone but I can't be arsed to carry two phones around.
I have an android so probably easier compared to iPhone IOS.

Downloaded an App called "Dualspace" which allows me to duplicate apps.
Bought a virtual sim number and topped it up with a fiver. 
Created second WhatsApp app via Dualspace and went on to create a new profile with my virtual number. New pic new number and now can access WhatsApp personal and WhatsApp (punting) all on one phone.

Mind you I'm only using it for WhatsApp. To text and call with the virtual sim it's around 3p/min 4p/ text.  Since I'm using WhatsApp it's only using data from my main sim which I have unlimited anyway.  Happy days

P
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 06:47:16 pm by Pussi »

Offline sonyvaio

I like the "just" in your sentence  :sarcastic:

I don't get your sarcasm - its really simple to do (as shown by the posts further down the thread), it's also possible to login and logout of whatsapp as well but more hassle than having two installs

Offline sub_marine

If you've put the punting sim into the same phone as your legit sim, then not much point of bothering to pay cash and try to be stealth as the network will know your personal details from your legit sim, and doubt the WG would be able to tell how you topped up the sim.  Even the CIA got caught out with dual sim phones back in 2003 when they kidnapped somebody in Italy

Offline tynetunnel

If you've put the punting sim into the same phone as your legit sim, then not much point of bothering to pay cash and try to be stealth as the network will know your personal details from your legit sim, and doubt the WG would be able to tell how you topped up the sim.  Even the CIA got caught out with dual sim phones back in 2003 when they kidnapped somebody in Italy

So you’re suggesting that my punting sim and legit sim are trading information about me? That seems unlikely but not impossible. I’m sure with any sim, there are ways to be traced by the boffins at GCHQ even simply down to cell tower location

But you missed the point. I have a disposable sim which if anything goes pear shaped with a WG, agency or SA girl, I can simply put in the bin and start over with a new one. The point of buying it and topping up in cash is that there is no paper trail for the wife to find, and the network don’t know my address so will never send me unsolicited mail to make the wife curious.

Offline Rochelle

• Service Provider
I lost my work phone and I'm now using TextMe on my personal phone. It's completely free. To earn credits to text or call, you simply watch some adverts.

Offline redveee

Both my Samsung S7 & S10 have the option of dual messenger wher I could install the same messaging app twice and use a different account on each, I've got a second Whatsapp account linked to my CloudSim number.

Offline sub_marine

So you’re suggesting that my punting sim and legit sim are trading information about me? That seems unlikely but not impossible. I’m sure with any sim, there are ways to be traced by the boffins at GCHQ even simply down to cell tower location

But you missed the point. I have a disposable sim which if anything goes pear shaped with a WG, agency or SA girl, I can simply put in the bin and start over with a new one. The point of buying it and topping up in cash is that there is no paper trail for the wife to find, and the network don’t know my address so will never send me unsolicited mail to make the wife curious.

Yeah basically, when you install apps your usually asked to give permission for the app to access various parts of the phone, 99% of apps report back the phone numbers as part of basic client credentials.  Cell towers can be hacked and the call logs copied, but unless your a person of interest cant see why anybody would bother. 

I'd just be worried by cross contamination of the data between apps and even more so making a mistake by using the wrong sim at a crucial moment

Offline tynetunnel

Yeah basically, when you install apps your usually asked to give permission for the app to access various parts of the phone, 99% of apps report back the phone numbers as part of basic client credentials.  Cell towers can be hacked and the call logs copied, but unless your a person of interest cant see why anybody would bother. 

I'd just be worried by cross contamination of the data between apps and even more so making a mistake by using the wrong sim at a crucial moment

Everything carries a risk. For me this way is less risky than using my personal number for punting/seeking arrangement related stuff (yes, I know, and I was!) and less risky than getting caught with a second phone. It’s quite well set up in iOS so when adding a contact you choose which sim to use for that person. WhatsApp is only on the punting sim and only used for that purpose. To friends and family I’m not on WA at all, which suits me. I text or call those people. I can also turn off the punting sim entirely if it’s not required, although I haven’t felt the need.

Each to their own, but my setup is idea for me. With a 6 digit pin code, facial log in required for both the phone and WA, and no lock screen notifications, plus automatic divert to unknown callers (so phone won’t ring) to voicemail, I’m as secured and safe as possible, whilst remaining simple and practical for me to operate it, with no second handset to hide   :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 03:41:58 pm by tynetunnel »

Offline PeachyAssFan

Another number has its own contact list and nothing crosses over.

Text Me asks you for access, but you can say no.
The other things about Text Me are:
You can passcode protect the App (itself) over and above the phones locking number
You can switch off notifications
You can keep downloading and deleting the account several times a day to do business on (as many times as you like) but it keeps all the previous messages and new replies received in the interim etc.
I delete it as soon as I’ve finished needing to use it, leaving nothing to see App wise, nor get notifications (which can be switched off in any case) should prying eyes  pick up my phone.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 12:00:18 am by PeachyAssFan »

Offline Captainhowdy666

Hmmm bump of an old post but it’s still relevant

Been using Textme with varying degrees of success but suddenly it thinks any U.K. numbers I use are New York numbers.

Tried to arrange a meet and the angry bird at the phone stated effing and jeffing about why I was calling from the USA.

Anyone else had this issue ?

Also any other alternatives ?

Got a 3day trial with 2number on iPhone but there seems to be a hell of a delay with messages getting though after sending myself a test back and forth.

Offline Bru1901

Get a lyca or giffgaff esim both available on payg on most phones 3 years old or current
Lyca do £5 bundles per month

Just toggle esim on and off when needed and delete numbers and messages

Offline Davey80

I quite like having a PAYG punting phone set up with another persona (Apple ID etc).  In a way it helps me compartmentalise this hobby.  Wouldn’t want comms with an SP anywhere near my “real” phone.

Offline Captainhowdy666

Get a lyca or giffgaff esim both available on payg on most phones 3 years old or current
Lyca do £5 bundles per month

Just toggle esim on and off when needed and delete numbers and messages

Sod paying £60 for a phone that gets ised once a month at best.

Offline bangstick

check out 1p mobile.
they do a yearly plan which oesn't cost that much  - 30 quid i think.  For just texting it's got to be worth a look.

Offline speedygonzal

Why some stress  about paying a sim card with cash instead of using your own Credit card? are you worry the Escort is going to find you?  sorry my ignorance but at least something serious happened and police is involved I doubt that.

Offline Demon8

I've panicked with a punting phone before. I thought the missus had found it and she was being real mad at me. Turns out she was just mad at me for something else. Turns out I had just forgotten where I had put it, but lo and behold, it turns up safe and sound.

The problem with it ultimately is, I thought I'd go cheap and just get a dumb phone. Big mistake. These things attract more attention than a smartphone.

My recommendation? - if you have a work phone, get a punting phone from cex or something of the same phone, and duplicate the wallpaper, screensaver, phone case, layout, etc etc. save the sp's as their nearest male name. Alternatively, if you don't have a work phone, get a cheap smart phone and set the background/screensaver as a picture of one of your distant pals with his missus, or of his pet if he has one. Ensure that it's a pal your other half knows enough about that she may think it's your friends phone if she ever finds it, and definitely make sure that your woman doesn't like or care about his woman. If she ever finds the phone and somehow figures out what it's being used for, you've just made a distant acquintance look like a mug to a women he doesnt talk to, no harm.

Why some stress  about paying a sim card with cash instead of using your own Credit card? are you worry the Escort is going to find you?  sorry my ignorance but at least something serious happened and police is involved I doubt that.

Credit cards leave a trail, which for some who are married, is a trail open for a (rightfully so tbh) paranoid wife to follow and add 2+2.

Offline JimmySW

Hmmm bump of an old post but it’s still relevant

Been using Textme with varying degrees of success but suddenly it thinks any U.K. numbers I use are New York numbers.

Tried to arrange a meet and the angry bird at the phone stated effing and jeffing about why I was calling from the USA.

Anyone else had this issue ?

Also any other alternatives ?

Got a 3day trial with 2number on iPhone but there seems to be a hell of a delay with messages getting though after sending myself a test back and forth.

I pay for "Another Number" on Iphone, never had any cross over of information and it has it's own phone book totally separate from your main one, been using it for years! Calls and texts but can't do text photos for some reason.