Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: The dubious pleasure of doing math  (Read 1704 times)

Offline OutForJustice80

I see the odd review on the boards (London specifically), where the reviewer says what they got, lists extras and then says "I'll let you do the math" or something similar. I don't understand this. Surely you know what you paid for a punt and I don't know why anyone would be shy about writing it down for the benefit of others (particularly for comparison between old reviews and new if the price has changed over time). I can understand if you've booked some massive multi girl or huge epic overnight punt you might not want to say how much you spent but it's just annoying to mention the price and then not write it down if you've only had an hour with or without extras. Surely it's quicker to write a 2/3 digit number than to say "at her advertised hourly rate" and far less irritatingly coy.

I do not want to do the math.

Moist

This irks me, but also it's maths, not math.

Offline cueball

Is this for real?

You really don't know what the phrase "you do the maths" means?

Is English not your first language?

Google it! And you do the maths

Offline OutForJustice80

Is this for real?

Did you read my post? Do you really think someone who didn't have English as their first language would come up with a title that uses the word dubious?

I was asking why people do that rather than writing out how much the pun cost like a normal person.

Offline Gordon Bennett

Turn of phrase and syntax in many a review makes me wince but...... If chap's bothered to share his experience then I reckon he's earned the right to use whatever style he likes and pedants like me have to just lump it really.

Offline cueball

"I'll let you do the math" or something similar.
I don't understand this.
 Surely you know what you paid for a punt

and I don't know why anyone would be shy about writing it down for the benefit of others (particularly for comparison between old reviews and new if the price has changed over time).

it's just annoying to mention the price and then not write it down if you've only had an hour with or without extras. Surely it's quicker to write a 2/3 digit.

Did you read my post?

Yes, I read your nonsense post, "you do the maths" means nothing like what you're saying.

Here, I'll help you....
External Link/Members Only

Again... is English your first language?

Offline OutForJustice80

Yes, I read your nonsense post, "you do the maths" means nothing like what you're saying.

Here, I'll help you....

Again... is English your first language?
In all honesty I was not aware of that usage of the phrase. I'd always taken it to mean: "the answer is obvious" or "you work it out". It seems both uses are viable

In any case, I was quoting someone else's use of the term and my post is not nonsense you strange pig.

Offline OutForJustice80

Turn of phrase and syntax in many a review makes me wince but...... If chap's bothered to share his experience then I reckon he's earned the right to use whatever style he likes and pedants like me have to just lump it really.
I'm really not commenting on style. I just don't understand why I need to go and look a profile and add the extras up myself when the guy who just paid it has written a review but instead of write down how much the punt cost they've written a sentence which alludes to the cost but doesn't just spit it out.

Offline pewpewpew

I came to this planet to copulate, not to calculate

Offline cueball

PaintingMan

I would have always used the phrase to highlight that it was or wasn't good VFM.

To be  honest I never actually see the need to do the calc

kamu

I read this as the OP doesnt like it when prices arent quoted in reviews rather than a debate about an adopted american phrase? In any case I'd say I have to agree. If you've taken the time to write a review then why wouldnt you quote the price paid..?

Offline twwb

I read this as the OP doesnt like it when prices arent quoted in reviews rather than a debate about an adopted american phrase? In any case I'd say I have to agree. If you've taken the time to write a review then why wouldnt you quote the price paid..?

Yeah same here.
Anyway, everyone has different writing styles and reviewing methods, and not everyone is going to do it how you or I want it to be done. If you really can't be bothered adding it up, post a reply to the review asking exactly how much they paid.

Offline Marmalade

Is this for real?

'Math' is American, though poor moistboy troll wouldn't know it from a prossie with a lithsp:D

However it is rather fluffface talk. Do the fucking maths? Maybe we should have a Sudoko board too.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 11:02:59 pm by Marmalade »

Offline OutForJustice80

I honestly don't understand how my post could be construed as a comment on language. All I'm saying is if you're taking the time to write something alluding to the price, why not just write the fucking number. I'd rather not even mention the price than be shifty about it.

Offline Marmalade

I honestly don't understand how my post could be construed as a comment on language. All I'm saying is if you're taking the time to write something alluding to the price, why not just write the fucking number. I'd rather not even mention the price than be shifty about it.
+1
I agree. One of the main things I want to know when reading a review.

Offline RedKettle

I don't tend to write the price because anyone vaguely interested in the girl is going to look at the AW profile which will be more up to date than my review.

If something about the cost was an issue, eg I thought she was expensive, then I would make reference to it. 

kamu

I don't tend to write the price because anyone vaguely interested in the girl is going to look at the AW profile which will be more up to date than my review.

If something about the cost was an issue, eg I thought she was expensive, then I would make reference to it.

They may or may not be interested depending on what price you quote? If i read that you paid £500p/h then i wouldnt waste my time looking at their profile? :unknown:

Also as mentioned it can be useful to see if a wg is adjusting her prices. :hi:

Offline Marmalade

I think I know what you're saying. However, I don't see it like that. It won't tell us what you paid if she has changed her prices since someone did a search and found your review. I think it's maybe only polite to tell us isn't it? Sometimes I've forgotten by the time I write a review. But it's only a review of my experience I feel if I can set the scene at that time, that place, that prossie, at that price.

The other thing I find a bit frustrating when scanning reviews is that if I look through a lot and have to go to AW for each one to find details it adds time and can be a bit frustrating. If there's half a dozen reviews of a girl and I read them, and not one tells me that she is more than I think is expensive, then I feel I've wasted ten minutes when I finally click on her profile. What you're suggesting in effect is that everyone should look at the profile first.

So say I visit your area, and instead of going through AW making of making a new hotlist, which will take a while, and cross-checking it against reviews, I start by going to the forum section and looking at the list of reviews for the area. I click on them and have a scoop through to get a shortlist. Say there's twenty or so with a balance of positives. I'm trying to narrow it down. Where there's reviews that haven't given me the basics I need, I maybe just skip to the next set to find something. Which would be a waste if only the person had included the vitals.

We all (me included) feel when we write a review that it will get 100% of someone's attention when they read it, and if it doesn't "well they should". But life's not like that for most people. There are maybe some reviewers better than others but only dumbos but a particular reviewer on a pedastal (the review is only an indication to help a punter find what he, the reader, not the writer, will like, after all). So most readers are not hanging on every word. They don't want to do as they're told and go to the profile cos you couldn't be bothered typing "£120 p.h." Or whatever. Just a wee thought.

:hi:

Offline OutForJustice80

I think I know what you're saying. However, I don't see it like that. It won't tell us what you paid if she has changed her prices since someone did a search and found your review. I think it's maybe only polite to tell us isn't it? Sometimes I've forgotten by the time I write a review. But it's only a review of my experience I feel if I can set the scene at that time, that place, that prossie, at that price.

The other thing I find a bit frustrating when scanning reviews is that if I look through a lot and have to go to AW for each one to find details it adds time and can be a bit frustrating. If there's half a dozen reviews of a girl and I read them, and not one tells me that she is more than I think is expensive, then I feel I've wasted ten minutes when I finally click on her profile. What you're suggesting in effect is that everyone should look at the profile first.

So say I visit your area, and instead of going through AW making of making a new hotlist, which will take a while, and cross-checking it against reviews, I start by going to the forum section and looking at the list of reviews for the area. I click on them and have a scoop through to get a shortlist. Say there's twenty or so with a balance of positives. I'm trying to narrow it down. Where there's reviews that haven't given me the basics I need, I maybe just skip to the next set to find something. Which would be a waste if only the person had included the vitals.

We all (me included) feel when we write a review that it will get 100% of someone's attention when they read it, and if it doesn't "well they should". But life's not like that for most people. There are maybe some reviewers better than others but only dumbos but a particular reviewer on a pedastal (the review is only an indication to help a punter find what he, the reader, not the writer, will like, after all). So most readers are not hanging on every word. They don't want to do as they're told and go to the profile cos you couldn't be bothered typing "£120 p.h." Or whatever. Just a wee thought.

And thaaaaaats what I should have written.

Offline claretandblue

I always put what I have paid in the review, it's page one stuff to include such basic information.

I get the impression that sometimes when people don't include it they feel they have been on a "date" rather than a punt and don't want to shatter their illusion by talking of cash...

Offline unclepokey

There was a woman in Bedford who had a fee structure where longer appointments entailed greater per minute charges. I took her to task about this since, as we are accustomed to, longer appointments normally generate discounts.
She said that on a longer appointment she felt able to become more intimate. I asked "what do you mean exactly?" She proceeded to lower herself onto my cock sans condom.
I confess I stayed thus engaged. I mean what's a chap to do?
But I did later, in correspondence, suggest that she might find other punters somewhat puzzled by her tariff and surely she would not want to have a reputation as a barebacker.
I think she has taken Uncle's words to heart judging by what now appears on her AW page but I am not going to name her as I respect her right to charge what she will and do what she wants.
Uncle Pokey

Offline OutForJustice80

There was a woman in Bedford who had a fee structure where longer appointments entailed greater per minute charges. I took her to task about this since, as we are accustomed to, longer appointments normally generate discounts.
She said that on a longer appointment she felt able to become more intimate. I asked "what do you mean exactly?" She proceeded to lower herself onto my cock sans condom.
I confess I stayed thus engaged. I mean what's a chap to do?
But I did later, in correspondence, suggest that she might find other punters somewhat puzzled by her tariff and surely she would not want to have a reputation as a barebacker.
I think she has taken Uncle's words to heart judging by what now appears on her AW page but I am not going to name her as I respect her right to charge what she will and do what she wants.
Uncle Pokey
I'm sure everyone is moved by your respect for this mysterious wg. However personally I'd rather be warned about a barebacking prossie.

Offline RedKettle

on reflection the way that I write reviews reflects the way that I use UKP reviews.  Typically I have found a WG on AW that I want to see and then search for reviews on here, so I know her stated price and would not be bothered about that information on a review - other than to comment of for example she does not stick to the prices stated or regularly offers deals.

Or I have looked at the EM list of WGs on here and then clicked on the AW link.

Never thought of the cost on a review as being useful - but will try and remember to add it in future!

Offline Steely Dan

Great RK. My goodness, a thread leading to agreement. Let's go back to debate math vs maths.

Other reasons are sometimes they change price on a tour. Or their AW profile might be down a bit though they will be back.

Similarly it is unhelpful when it says looks like her pics. Actually this is helpful as long as you describe her too. Six month later the pics might be a slim blonde and you ment the pics of a size 14 brunette looked like her. Bonus points to include the pic that looks most like her. Admin made this very easy for us, we should use this. Makes reviews nice to read with a picture.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:57:33 am by Steely Dan »

Offline OutForJustice80

I confess I'm pretty bad at including pictures. I must have a look at how it's done again.

Offline Marmalade

Right click picture. Select "copy image link".
On UKP, click the moanerlisa picture icon. Click paste (in between the two img tags).

Advanced copy-paste:
If she's got an arse like a shipyard that runs off the edge of the page, then after the first 'img' tag, insert a space then width=600 before the close bracket.

Offline OutForJustice80

I'll try and remember to do that next time.

Offline Steely Dan

Even easier.  Save the pic.  (I do this via part screen shot on Mac by pressing CMD SHIFT 4)

then press Choose Files as shown here. 

Hidden Image/Members Only

( I always delete it from my computer then)

If you want more words under the picture (like I am doing now), modify your post. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:41:04 pm by Steely Dan »