Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Thanks To UKP For 10 Years.  (Read 1114 times)

Offline smiths

I hope admin and mods are ok with me posting this thread up. :thumbsup: So it is nearly my 10th anniversary of being a UKP member and active poster.

I wanted to thank all the previous admins and mods, :thumbsup: for keeping this great site going for all these years. :drinks: UKP has helped me greatly over those years and is beyond any doubt in my mind the number 1 punting site for actual punters in the UK. I hope to do another 10 years punting at least but fuck knows if that will happen but UKP will be THE site to get information from for me. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup: :drinks:

Offline unclepokey

I've only been here for 8 years (since Oliver's site turned to rubbish). But I refer to this site on an almost daily basis and find it invaluable.
No doubt East of England enthusiasts may have noticed my almost "JRC" (Jimmy Red Cab) tendency to call out stupid tariffs which presently seem to be on the rise.
A glass of rather excellent Pinot Noir will be raised to UKP ce soire assuming Aunty delivers the cold pork and jacket potato on time in 40 minutes.

Offline Jimmyredcab

I've only been here for 8 years (since Oliver's site turned to rubbish). But I refer to this site on an almost daily basis and find it invaluable.
No doubt East of England enthusiasts may have noticed my almost "JRC" (Jimmy Red Cab) tendency to call out stupid tariffs which presently seem to be on the rise.
A glass of rather excellent Pinot Noir will be raised to UKP ce soire assuming Aunty delivers the cold pork and jacket potato on time in 40 minutes.

We must never forget the person who started this forum, without NIK there would have been no UKPunting, of course it would not have lasted without the IT knowledge of Adam.     :hi:

Offline unclepokey

We must never forget the person who started this forum, without NIK there would have been no UKPunting, of course it would not have lasted without the IT knowledge of Adam.     :hi:

Well said Jimmy  +1

Uncle Pokey

Offline Dipper

Big thanks to all concerned as well. Priceless.  :drinks:

Offline Silverado

We must never forget the person who started this forum, without NIK there would have been no UKPunting, of course it would not have lasted without the IT knowledge of Adam.   

Very true Jim. It was much needed at the time. The other site had lost its way. Poor moderation and a refusal to allow any mention of Adultwork meant that it was doomed.

Online mr.bluesky

I hope admin and mods are ok with me posting this thread up. :thumbsup: So it is nearly my 10th anniversary of being a UKP member and active poster.

I wanted to thank all the previous admins and mods, :thumbsup: for keeping this great site going for all these years. :drinks: UKP has helped me greatly over those years and is beyond any doubt in my mind the number 1 punting site for actual punters in the UK. I hope to do another 10 years punting at least but fuck knows if that will happen but UKP will be THE site to get information from for me. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup: :drinks:

Thats an impressive review count you have there smiths you must have some stamina . Keep punting and keep reviewing  :thumbsup:

Offline myothernameis

7 years going on to 8 years this Oct

Offline Jimmyredcab

Very true Jim. It was much needed at the time. The other site had lost its way. Poor moderation and a refusal to allow any mention of Adultwork meant that it was doomed.

The moderation on “the other site” was excessive to say the least, hardly a day went by without being given “infractions”, the final straw was when the owner appointed prostitutes as moderators.     :thumbsdown:

Offline smiths

The moderation on “the other site” was excessive to say the least, hardly a day went by without being given “infractions”, the final straw was when the owner appointed prostitutes as moderators.     :thumbsdown:

It didn't help when 1 of the male mods JKay hated all punters and was a pimps doorman. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 06:38:02 pm by smiths »

Offline hendrix

Will be 8 years in July for me. What a godsend this site has been for punters! Many thanks to all that have kept it running over the years  :drinks:

Offline RedKettle

Christ I will have been a member for 7 years in July!  I still think I am one of the newbies on here.

Echo OPs comments - many thanks for everyone involved over the years in building the site to what it is now.

Cheers.

Offline Cactus

Thank you to you too Smiths for your valuable contributions over the last 10 years. Here’s to the next 10 and many more...  :drinks:

Just checked and I’ve actually been on here even longer than you, by about a month. Honestly didn’t think I’d been around that long.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 07:04:21 pm by Cactus »

Online finn5555

November 2010 I joined didn’t think it was that long ago  :)

Offline fisherofsouls

Seems like I made my first post on December 16, 2010 at 09:20:37 am

Managed a total of 17 reviews over the last 10 and chatted shit for my remaining 1000 posts :)

Hope to increase the review count by a few once lockdown is up!

Offline ik8133

Big thank you to all concerned from me as well, my favourite forum of any genre by far, it's the gateway to a fascinating and secretive world.   

Offline FLYING BLUE

9 years for me and I still try to log in every day if I can.

Very glad I found this site back in 2012 :thumbsup:
Cheers folks :hi:

Online mr.bluesky

A relative newbie compared to some . 4 &1/2 years for me. Stuck on 49 reviews not out. Hope to reach the half century when lockdown is lifted and we can all return to punting  :yahoo:

Offline Thephoenix

Respect! :hi:

To all the elder statesmen and founding fathers of this great site.

I was a previous member of another site for many years, but so glad I eventually found UKP.

Many Happy Returns!👍

Offline Home Alone

I'd belonged to a regional MB becore finding this wonderful resource nearly 4 1/2 years ago.

Without checking, I can't tell you how long I was a non-posting member before I posted for the first time. Possibly a month; possibly a bit longer, while I absorbed the 'style' and the ambiance of the place - hint to our recent newbies, maybe? ;) Once I'd made my first post, I thought I'd limit myself to no more than one post a day - that resolution didn't last long!

I refer to you guys as "the mates I've never met", with your wisdom and experience. Glad I've 'met' you! ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 11:01:56 pm by Home Alone »

Offline Bonker

Absolutely.

Offline Bonker

Offline cunnyhunt

I was the 6th to join after being messaged about the forum by 'Jacob' he put a lot of effort into calling out the scam profiles in the early days. Some posters thought it was a waste of time but it set the narrative for forum members to call out scam or b&s profiles. Putting the punter first is what set this head and shoulders above other long gone (and not missed) forums.

Offline Jimmyredcab

I was the 6th to join after being messaged about the forum by 'Jacob' he put a lot of effort into calling out the scam profiles in the early days. Some posters thought it was a waste of time but it set the narrative for forum members to call out scam or b&s profiles. Putting the punter first is what set this head and shoulders above other long gone (and not missed) forums.

I joined the same day as you, NIK started the forum on August 16th 2010, we joined on the 17th.

I thought it would last a couple of months at the most because the other site had been established for years.

Offline cunnyhunt

I joined the same day as you, NIK started the forum on August 16th 2010, we joined on the 17th.

I thought it would last a couple of months at the most because the other site had been established for years.

It did take a few times to settle down in one place, but as soon as the other sites started trying to close down ukp I knew it would succeed. They're time was finished.

Offline Foxtail17

One of those ‘where did that time go’ moments. Only been here just over 4 years but seems like longer.
Big thanks to all who set up, currently run and mod, and of course to all who have contributed over the years. Pointed me in the right direction more times than I can recall.

Offline Xtro

Well done Smiths.   :thumbsup:

A big thank you to everyone involved in creating the UKP empire; all those responsible for the running and moderating and of course the contributors!    :hi:

Long live UKP.  :yahoo:   :dance:

Offline tantric talents

Well said Smiths  :thumbsup:
UKP has been my steadfast go to for many years now and has been a lockdown lifesaver.
5* for everyone’s efforts!

Online webpunter

Top thread Smiths

But three days early ?
Do you find that you tend to be a bit premature ?  :lol:

Your review count ain't bad either

& to the rest of yous UKP'ers thanks for putting up with me for the last 'magnificent 7' years

Offline mh

My membership has passed 9 years :scare: where does time go? I cannot now understand how I managed a punt before UKP, I have to be honest. I was flailing around doing all the wrong things, but luckily didn't come a cropper, by sheer luck. Of course I did have some bad and overpriced punts pre-UKP, but it could have been a lot worse (e.g. scammed, robbed, outed or whatever).

I would class myself now as a savvy, experienced punter and that's all down to knowledge and confidence gained on here.

I am grateful to NIK for having the balls (or perhaps the naivety!) to start UKP. Knowing what I know about the tech pitfalls I wouldn't have dared. Sometimes it needs someone who doesn't know what they might face to take the leap.

Offline Jimmyredcab

I am grateful to NIK for having the balls (or perhaps the naivety!) to start UKP. Knowing what I know about the tech pitfalls I wouldn't have dared. Sometimes it needs someone who doesn't know what they might face to take the leap.

Some very nice comments on this thread, NIK could not have succeeded without the help of Adam who was the IT expert on the site.

Good to see that the normal wind up merchants have not derailed this thread, they know who I mean     :hi:

Offline Jason de Culo

Wow 5 years! I’m not sure if the site has saved me as much money as it’s made me spend but either way it’s been a godsend and  dramatically changed the quality of my punting. Good work guys :thumbsup:

Offline smiths

My membership has passed 9 years :scare: where does time go? I cannot now understand how I managed a punt before UKP, I have to be honest. I was flailing around doing all the wrong things, but luckily didn't come a cropper, by sheer luck. Of course I did have some bad and overpriced punts pre-UKP, but it could have been a lot worse (e.g. scammed, robbed, outed or whatever).

I would class myself now as a savvy, experienced punter and that's all down to knowledge and confidence gained on here.

Well said, :thumbsup: good to see positive posts on this thread so far. Yes NIK and old admin along with the original members did a great job in UKPs early days, Head1 and his team have continued with great work and long may it continue.

Offline Home Alone

We love you too HA  :)

Why, thank you kindly, young[?] man!! ;) "I'll centre them; you knock 'em in!" ;)

Offline scutty brown

Some very nice comments on this thread, NIK could not have succeeded without the help of Adam who was the IT expert on the site.

Good to see that the normal wind up merchants have not derailed this thread, they know who I mean     :hi:

I wasn't going to post on this thread - on  the basis that if you've nothing positive to contribute then don't bother. But your attempt at trolling  can't go un-noted.
NIK may well have been the initial lead behind the setup of the site and revered accordingly, but for those of us who have only experienced him in the last five or six years he has been a malign influence causing argument and discord across the site. If he'd  remained in charge this site would have shut down years ago.
As for Adam/Oldadmin, he may have had more success in managing the site, but lets not forget he walked away and abandoned it, leaving the current management to pick up the pieces.
Both fucked up on running the site, just be happy that the current team rescued it.

Offline chrishornx

too busy on the Captain Tom thread Jimmy you should have a look