Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: How far ahead for a RB?  (Read 723 times)

Offline RedKettle

I did my first RB for a trip to London a few weeks back and it worked a treat so going to do a few more.  Just wondered if any views on how far ahead you should do them?  Just a few days or does a week or more work OK? 

Thanks

Offline threechilliman

I did my first RB for a trip to London a few weeks back and it worked a treat so going to do a few more.  Just wondered if any views on how far ahead you should do them?  Just a few days or does a week or more work OK? 

Thanks

I usually try and do them a couple of weeks in advance. Usually get a flurry of bids early on, then it goes quiet in the middle, then towards the end, those with dusty phone/empty diaries get involved. Current one has had 19 bids and no time wasters, which is very unusual. Previous one's have attracted there fair share of scammers and so on, but not this time. Making a choice is going to be tricky...

tcm

Offline sublimetoridiculous

Usually get a flurry of bids early on, then it goes quiet in the middle, then towards the end, those with dusty phone/empty diaries get involved.
I think it's because of the way AW displays them to the SPs that you get that pattern, as they show "New" and "Expiring shortly" columns. And the search tools are not very intuitive, so in the middle you only get bids from those who really know how to work the RB system.

I've got one running that I started more than a month before, though I was planned to be away for two weeks of that period.  So far I have a good number of high quality bids and expect more.

There is nothing to stop you emailing likely prospects with a "Would you like to bid on my RB?".  Like any mailshot the response rate will not be high, but I've picked up a couple of very good bids that way.

Offline RedKettle

Thanks.  Really useful as I thought I would appear stupid setting it up more than a week in advance - as always great to to get UKP advice.

Offline acorn50

I fancy having a go at an RB, but do you have to email all those that reply to say 'no thanks' or just the one you have chosen to take the bid?  I suppose by emailing all to say thanks but no thanks you keep your options open for the future but would like advice on that.

Offline sublimetoridiculous

I don't think there is any expectation that you will email all unsuccessful bidders.

However if any take your fancy, nothing to stop you sending a "Sorry, but perhaps on another date?" The answer will often be OK.

Offline acorn50

Thanks for the advice, will see how it goes and report back.

Offline RedKettle

I am no expert - only done one RB - but I did find it useful to have a HL for all that responded that were of interest.  As it was in London and I had never punted there before it gave me a "London HL" for the future.  No need to email them.

Offline acorn50

Thanks RK, another good idea to add those you like to a HL for the future.