Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Post Forum issues here  (Read 108046 times)

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
  • Reviews: 0
We have lots of bugs to iron out and so far these are being raised randomly.  Post anything that is not working properly here. Put as much detail as possible.

This is not the place to suggest any new functionality.

General chat will be deleted.

Thanks.

Online scutty brown

review indexing isn't updating properly e.g. https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?action=serviceprovider;id=22689

but its fair to say this was going wrong a week or so before the takeover - it went wrong when admin introduced the new summary pages
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:02:49 am by scutty brown »

Offline tomato sauce and waffles

review indexing isn't updating properly e.g. https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?action=serviceprovider;id=22689

but its fair to say this was going wrong a week or so before the takeover - it went wrong when admin introduced the new summary pages

I believe when a profile is indexed, the Admin needs to activate something for the Service Provider page to start operating (i.e. count number of reviews, retrieve data from AW, etc). I think this is something Admin stopped doing when he knew he'll be shortly handing over the site.

I could be in error.

Just something for the new Admins to look at.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 03:44:44 am by tomato sauce and waffles »

Online scutty brown

looks like embedded links  to Adultwork profiles no longer pull down links to reviews
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=253132 is an example

Offline Marmalade

looks like embedded links  to Adultwork profiles no longer pull down links to reviews

The headline numerical listing of review ratings is a major feature and very helpful one (and seems to be working ok?)

What was less helpful was a search that brought up not just reviews based that SP's AW number but dozens of "have you seen" queries. So if the search limits the AW numbers to actual reviews that is probably a good thing. Not sure if that's what you meant though?

Online scutty brown

The headline numerical listing of review ratings is a major feature and very helpful one (and seems to be working ok?)

What was less helpful was a search that brought up not just reviews based that SP's AW number but dozens of "have you seen" queries. So if the search limits the AW numbers to actual reviews that is probably a good thing. Not sure if that's what you meant though?

what I meant was the summary of review numbers you get when you place an AW profile link into a post.
That doesn't seem to be working, or at least not in the thread I linked to

Offline PatMacGroin

what I meant was the summary of review numbers you get when you place an AW profile link into a post.
That doesn't seem to be working, or at least not in the thread I linked to

Looking at the example thread provided there are 3 different AW profiles linked in posts. Only the 3rd one has automatically generated the AW profile number index reference on the following line, showing a link to the SP's summary page and a display of the review counts.

Comparing the links posted there are differences between them that might explain the missing auto reference:

1) External Link/Members Only - Currently active AW profile, but no previous reviews for the Aw profile number posted on UKP. So there are not indexed reviews to auto reference.

2) External Link/Members Only - AW profile number has UKP reviews, but the link is not currently active on UKP.

3) External Link/Members Only - Only AW profile of the 3 to have a history of reviews on UKP and a currently active profile

Maybe the reviews for the 2nd profile listed (4076513) are not showing an index reference because the AW link has become inactive? I believe the index reference used to continue to be displayed for inactive AW profiles, so that would still be an error/bug. This doesn't fix the problem, just an observation that the cause may be related to active/inactive AW profiles.  :unknown:

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 03:26:08 am by PatMacGroin »

Offline Goldfinch

Is there a problem with the review indexing? Or at least the historical record of which helper indexed it?

I've just noticed that the following two reviews indicate that they were not indexed (or they do not state who indexed them, see the highlighted section of the screen shots attached). Possibly they never were indexed by anyone. But it's pretty rare to see one un-indexed, the helpers usually pick them up very quickly (I think Goldfinch and couple of others practically seem to race each other to get to them first). So it must be especially rare after each of them have been read a few thousand times.

Example 1) https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=134177.0

Although the indexers name is missing the review count seems to be correct (from counting them on the summary screen). A total of 48, 43 Positive and 5 Neutral.

Example 2) https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=251800.0

The count only shows 1 positive, when there have been 2 to date. However, one of the reviews was only posted today, and I have noticed several times in the past that the count can sometimes take a day or two to register new reviews.

I've only noticed these 2 examples. Plus, the review counts generally seem to be accurate from what I can see. So I doubt its an urgent issue, just an observation for future reference. 

P.S. I have avoided indexing them myself now, in case that interferes with any checks that will need to be done.

Thanks for the name check. ;)

Those 2 examples have been indexed correctly-no name is showing up because Admin indexed them,now referred to as OldAdmin.

Online scutty brown

I’ve just noticed that my last two reviews haven’t been added to the SPs number of positives / neutrals / negatives. I thought I might have fucked up one of them as I indexed it myself (first time I’ve done it so thought I’d done it wrong). But my subsequent review hasn’t been added to the SPs total.

Hope that makes sense as I’m shit at explaining technical things!

thats one of the ongoing issues......another of admin's tweaks that aren't working now

Online scutty brown

That would depend where it was saved on the server - if he only gave you files from the root and the script was above it, then yes.   If it's in the root file structure somewhere then it's a case of finding it, possibly by comparing the files on the server against a default copy of SMF and seeing what stands out.

You're both missing something though
The change happened several weeks BEFORE the server move, so you'd need a backup or snapshot image of the server from several months ago to compare

Offline LLPunting

Errmm, I can't see it reported but the review count doesn't appear  to be working consistently for indexable SPs.

E.G. https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?action=serviceprovider;id=22470

Any update ?

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
E.G

From the Example you quoted
External Link/Members Only or External Link/Members Only
(Below shows only 2 reviews sumitted on here, but if you click on the link below my post...

Her UKP ID shows 8 reviews submitted on here.
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?action=serviceprovider;id=22470
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 04:38:28 pm by CoolTiger »

Offline adenmc4

In chrome you can type: thisisunsafe into the error message page to get through

Online scutty brown

I'm concerned about that, there are reviews referencing massage shops and having those show up on Google next to shop ads isn't a good thing.
Oldadmin deliberately set things up so that the Google bots could index the whole site without needing a password. He confirmed it in a PM to me when I queried a search hit which pointed to a locked part of the site
He WANTED Google searches to drive traffic here.
I was never convinced that that was a good idea, and I've no idea if its still true.

Offline kuck

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.

On this page - https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?action=serviceprovider;id=2350

There's a 4th row which doesn't have a link, only a broken date (January 01, 1970, 01:00:00)

Offline Head1

• Site Owner
We are going to use this for reference now
I am going to delete what we don't need to make it easier to work through
I will reopen when we are on top of things  :drinks:

Offline LLPunting

Did I miss an announcement or forget one?

Why am I seeing this "Sugar Babies" button on some pages?  It's trying to open a pop-up ad to another site.

Please confirm that no data is being shared from UKP to any 3rd party.

Online scutty brown

Why am I seeing this "Sugar Babies" button on some pages?  It's trying to open a pop-up ad to another site.

I'm also seeing it

Its a bitly link External Link/Members Only
which resolves to Secret Benefits with what looks like a unique identifier

has the site been hacked?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 10:18:41 am by scutty brown »

Offline Jimmyredcab

I am also seeing it but when I click on it nothing loads up. ??????

Online scutty brown

I am also seeing it but when I click on it nothing loads up. ??????

Seems to depend on what browser and what security you're running -uBlockOrigin seems to block it opening on Opera
but it opens in Brave

You can also use uBlockOrigin to completely disable it
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 10:23:04 am by scutty brown »

Offline Jimmyredcab

Seems to depend on what browser and what security you're running -uBlockOrigin seems to block it on Opera
but it opens in Brave

Firefox. 

Online scutty brown

Offline Jimmyredcab

got any ad-blockers or script-blockers running?

Not that I know of, I have not installed any add ons. ??

Offline Foxtail17

Safari on iphone opens secretbenefits webpage.

Online scutty brown

Not that I know of, I have not installed any add ons. ??

Just tried it in Firefox, and clicking on it brings up Secret Benefits - even with Ghostery  installed. You must have something running blocking it
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 11:01:12 am by scutty brown »

Offline Jimmyredcab

Just tried it in Firefox, and clicking on it brings up Secret Benefits - even with Ghostery  installed. You must have something running blocking it

Installed uBlockOrigin, and instead you get a warning screen. But you can then right click the icon and disable it completely

I looked up Sugar Babies on Google, it works with this link. ???

External Link/Members Only

Online scutty brown

Offline Jimmyredcab

already discussed here
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=244630.msg3150828#msg3150828

Head1 says its a genuine advert

Nothing wrong with adverts, it's something that I would have done months ago.  :hi:

Online scutty brown

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
It‘s an ad. Nothing sinister and if it proves successful means no one here will have to donate again.Which by the way was an amazing effort and thanks to you all  :drinks:

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=244630.msg3149833#msg3149833

Head1 has answered this question previously.

EDIT
Apologies, Scutty had posted this earlier.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 03:35:31 pm by CoolTiger »

Offline Straightsix

Hi guys, I hope its ok to post this question. I couldn't find anywhere appropriate on the forum. And while I'm here, maybe someone can advise me where members can ask questions regarding the workings of the forum.

I went through all of the reviews (well most) in the West Midlands Region. I noticed that some image thumbnails would not expand to a full view. Also, I came across a few dead links to which I'm presuming lead to obsolete web pages or expired/non existent profiles.

If I take screenshots of profiles and upload images to the forum server,  will these images always be there to view? I don't want to be wasting time editing images and uploading if eventually they will disappear.

👍
Banned reason: Warned before but doesn’t seem to learn
Banned by: Kev40ish

Online scutty brown

Hi guys, I hope its ok to post this question. I couldn't find anywhere appropriate on the forum. And while I'm here, maybe someone can advise me where members can ask questions regarding the workings of the forum.

I went through all of the reviews (well most) in the West Midlands Region. I noticed that some image thumbnails would not expand to a full view. Also, I came across a few dead links to which I'm presuming lead to obsolete web pages or expired/non existent profiles.

If I take screenshots of profiles and upload images to the forum server,  will these images always be there to view? I don't want to be wasting time editing images and uploading if eventually they will disappear.

👍
No-one else has answered so here's my understanding of it

Based on something Oldadmin said years ago......
If you use the "attach image" button then the image is uploaded permanently to the server.
But if you embed the image using img /img tags then its temporarily cached on the server, being refreshed on demand from the source location.
This bit us not long after Oldadmin left as Adultwork overnight changed the paths to their image servers, leaving a lot of images missing from the forum. Someone (I presume Head1) eventually managed to repair the links so most of the images returned.

You mention the review images. What I understood to be happening there is that the thumbnails were stored permanently, but the full images were only cached so if the AW profile is closed, the image will eventually go.

Complicating the whole thing is that around three years ago the server ran out of space and Oldadmin deleted a host of images over a certain age or size. As a result you may find some early threads with missing images. The background problem there was a few idiots constantly posting images of their favourite girls and trying to turn the forum into their personal wankmags.

Most of what I've said predates the current admin team so may well have changed - especially as we're running on different servers now
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 10:04:29 pm by scutty brown »

Offline Straightsix

Thanks Scutty. What you say does make sense. Hopefully someone can elaborate further.
Banned reason: Warned before but doesn’t seem to learn
Banned by: Kev40ish

Offline funfungoodguy

Morning

for several days now the UKP site has been triggering an alert on unwanted / potentially dodgy content on my virus scanner?
Any ideas please?

Any attempt to click on any stages of the site or actions within it repeatedly triggers up the potentially harmful content message, making it in practice impossible to usefully visit the site?  Harmful Content message needs deleting constantly/ repeatedly in order to move around the site. 

Regards
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 10:17:52 am by funfungoodguy »

Offline tynetunnel

Any ideas please?

• Turn off your anti-virus scanner
  • Stop visiting UKP
  • Advise your anti-virus that UKP is a safe site
  • Use a different device
:hi:

Offline Xtro

I wonder if it has anything to do with the recent "SUGAR BABIES" advert?   :unknown:

My PC wont allow me to visit the site when I click on the advert.

Offline Stevelondon

Nothing affecting my laptop or my iphone when visiting the site.
I would think maybe some kind of malware.

Offline shagmore

Same here, no issues with my laptop and being able to visit the site

Offline norwichfunseeker

SB link doesn't work on my laptop, but on my phone, my AV Software gave me a Malware warning.

I didnt go any further than that.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
for several days now the UKP site has been triggering an alert on unwanted / potentially dodgy content on my virus scanner?
Any ideas please?
Why did you not post this here - https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=252893.0 as it seems to be a forum issue. Does it really need a thread of it's own with the title in capitals?

I will merge it with the correct thread.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
I wonder if it has anything to do with the recent "SUGAR BABIES" advert?   :unknown:

My PC wont allow me to visit the site when I click on the advert.

Popup has ben blocked by your PC. Simply allow that site to be accessed within the App.

Offline Head1

• Site Owner

Offline Xtro

This should be resolved now :drinks:

No longer blocked!   :thumbsup:   Now I can see what I've been missing.

Offline vindici

Now that bugs are being fixed and new features added. Would it be possible to look at:

• The ability to unsubscribe from threads you're no longer interested in
  • Making the AW review count match with the current database, i.e. when you reference an AW profile, the link that is added beneath the post currently doesn't take into account all reviews
  • If I use unicode emojis such as 💩💩💩 and try to preview my post, it returns an error

Thanks 👍

Online myothernameis

Now that bugs are being fixed and new features added. Would it be possible to look at:

• The ability to unsubscribe from threads you're no longer interested in
  • Making the AW review count match with the current database, i.e. when you reference an AW profile, the link that is added beneath the post currently doesn't take into account all reviews
  • If I use unicode emojis such as 💩💩💩 and try to preview my post, it returns an error

Thanks 👍

I believe this was answered sometime ago, and for any changes to be made, would require altering the script, which guess could lead to other problems

Offline vindici

I believe this was answered sometime ago, and for any changes to be made, would require altering the script, which guess could lead to other problems

I read about that at the time. However there is a developer on board, and things are changing, so now is perhaps the best time to revisit this and look at actually altering that script.

Offline Head1

• Site Owner

Thanks 👍

This will be sorted soon

Offline vindici

This will be sorted soon

That is fantastic news, looks the the backend team are going gangbusters!