Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: SA Scam or am I missing something  (Read 3265 times)

Offline mgkerx

Hi All
Has anyone got a Financial or City background,I have been in correspondence with a SA woman we haven't met yet but had lots of banter and friendly and sexy chats etc;
She is or appears to be an international "Business Woman"
So a few days ago she is in Malaysia on business then she contacts me for a favour
She gives me her log in details to her bank as she is waiting on a money transfer and her Turkish Bank have blocked her as she is not logging in from the UK
So she give me her log in details I send her a screen shot
Will fuck me she "appears" to have nearly 1 Million ££'s in her account
Now she is asking me to log in again but this time to help help her transfer £150K to a supplier
She doesn't know me or in fact my real name
Something is not right here whilst she is in control ie with email confirmation and 1 time PIN I don't feel comfortable with this transaction as who in their right mind asks an Internet stranger for SA to access their Bank Acc and then effect a transfer
I am curious what the potential scam is
Any Ideas Guys
Thanks Mike

Offline lewisjones23

take the £150k and then sit on it for a couple of weeks

it’ll probably get rejected as fraudulent by the bank somewhere along the line

he/she/they are hoping you transfer £150k out of your bank which then you wouldnt be able to claim back as no fraud anywhere on that payment

end result is you’d be £150k out of pocket once their payment was reversed/rejected

Offline lewisjones23

sorry read that wrong

thought she wanted to send you £150k and then you pay the other account it

either way its a scam

Offline mgkerx

take the £150k and then sit on it for a couple of weeks

it’ll probably get rejected as fraudulent by the bank somewhere along the line

he/she/they are hoping you transfer £150k out of your bank which then you wouldnt be able to claim back as no fraud anywhere on that payment

end result is you’d be £150k out of pocket once their payment was reversed/rejected
No she is not suggesting the £150k is transferred to my acc;
She want me to assist in transferring iy to one of her suppliers
Even I wanted to "sit on" the £150k she has to finally approve the transfer via a 1 time PIn
Something is not quite right as totally weird or am I being paranoid?

Offline tynetunnel

Although I have no real idea how the OP could be being scammed in this, the only thing I’m certain of is that he is being! I’m thinking could he potentially be involved in money laundering if he made the transfer. A kind of money ‘mule’ a bit like the ‘drug ‘mule’s we hear about. Just thinking out loud really. Very interesting

Offline lewisjones23

not sure where but it’ll be a scam somehow

maybe she owes the money for something or needs to make a payment for goods - payment goes through - she takes whatever it is - raises a dispute with her bank - provides evidence was in country X - bank say payment was made from the UK - gets money back

thats just a guess

whatever it is, id stay well out of it - especially for someone who only exists virtually

Offline mgkerx

Although I have no real idea how the OP could be being scammed in this, the only thing I’m certain of is that he is being! I’m thinking could he potentially be involved in money laundering if he made the transfer. A kind of money ‘mule’ a bit like the ‘drug ‘mule’s we hear about. Just thinking out loud really. Very interesting

Thats what occurred to me Re Money Laundering but technically she is doing the transfer but via my PC;I suppose its facilitating, apparently the payment is going to a Chinese company for medical equipment
The whole thing is weird all I wanted was a simple Fuck not to get Fucked

Offline Herts_Outcaller

This is 100% a scam and you should contact financial crime officers and tell them everything, including that you met on Seeking Arrangement (so they know you're not lying about anything)

Offline mgkerx

not sure where but it’ll be a scam somehow

maybe she owes the money for something or needs to make a payment for goods - payment goes through - she takes whatever it is - raises a dispute with her bank - provides evidence was in country X - bank say payment was made from the UK - gets money back

thats just a guess

whatever it is, id stay well out of it - especially for someone who only exists virtually

Yes I like your thinking thanks
She could say my account was compromised as look I'm in Malaysia and the payment was via UK so how could it be me therefore I challenge and recall payment
I get a visit from Fraud squad she disappears and gets the money back plus goods
She must of done this before as there was close to 1 mill in "her" account
Thanks again
of course we could be wrong but why take the risk

Offline BoroPool

Wow!!! I don't know what to suggest. It has to be a scam. Is it her name in the account??
Tell her that your internet has gone and if anyone else can do it lol and I hope you get that fuck

Offline EnglishRebecca121

• Banned
  • Service Provider
are you fucking stupid of course its a scam .
Banned reason: Ex sex worker with zero useful contribution to make
Banned by: Head1

Offline mgkerx

are you fucking stupid of course its a scam .

Thanks I know that, but was trying to figure out how "her" scam works, she has spent 4 weeks trying to groom me with Promises of endless sex and bed of roses plus very clever EAS (emotional attachment syndrome) but I was waiting for the sting which she is trying on now

Offline VFM

You have helped her launder money. If the authorities look into this, they will see it came from your IP address.  You were duped. Women can make us do all kinds of things (however, you were probably dealing with a bloke).  Don't get involved in this kind of this and walk away.  SA is full of con artists. 

Offline Dashing

Hi All
Has anyone got a Financial or City background,I have been in correspondence with a SA woman we haven't met yet but had lots of banter and friendly and sexy chats etc;
She is or appears to be an international "Business Woman"
[...]

Intriguing post, OP, good to raise awareness: she/he/they no doubt right now trying to soften up as many guys as possible with 'sexy chats' until one unfortunate innocent mug succumbs to imagined sexual chemistry and does whatever it is that's needed to make the scam work.

Am guessing the 'sexy chats' will stop the minute you say no. 

Worth reporting to SA.

Offline mgkerx

You have helped her launder money. If the authorities look into this, they will see it came from your IP address.  You were duped. Women can make us do all kinds of things (however, you were probably dealing with a bloke).  Don't get involved in this kind of this and walk away.  SA is full of con artists.

Cheers I didn't facilitate anything as in I didn't help "her" effect the transfer as told her I needed to think about it then the £150k went to £50K then last post was can I help her do a transfer for £1k to pay a bill
I have now blocked her chats on Whats APP (I use a spare mob for that acc) and have taken screen shots
To think I was tempted to help a "damsel"in distress
Thanks again
Mike

Offline lewisjones23

Cheers I didn't facilitate anything as in I didn't help "her" effect the transfer as told her I needed to think about it then the £150k went to £50K then last post was can I help her do a transfer for £1k to pay a bill
I have now blocked her chats on Whats APP (I use a spare mob for that acc) and have taken screen shots
To think I was tempted to help a "damsel"in distress
Thanks again
Mike

at least you got some sexy chats with a nice Nigerian bloke out of it  :music:

Offline mgkerx

at least you got some sexy chats with a nice Nigerian bloke out of it  :music:

Haha now thats an image in my head I could without, still might be useful when shagging to make me last longer
Cheers
Mike

Offline webpunter

OP, what you are missing is common sense

You need to self isolate

IE not being on here for a minimum 14 days

Feel free to make this longer as required

Offline GingerNuts

Well just might as well stick to AW as in the end you get what it says on the tin

Good advice.

Offline webpunter

I'd go further
Solid advice
MG makes yet another valuable contribution on UKP

Good advice.

Offline Thecunninglinguist

This is a scam. There is very unlikely to be a "woman" involved at all. It almost certainly originates in Nigeria in what can be best described as a "factory". I don't want to go into too many details of how it works but it is a money transfer scam that uses the difference between paid in and cleared funds in the victims bank to steal money from them.

Offline dieseldriver

She gives me her log in details to her bank as she is waiting on a money transfer and her Turkish Bank have blocked her as she is not logging in from the UK:

This is absolute bollocks. With internet banking, as we all know here, you can log into your account from whatever country your in.  And probabely many like me on a Turkish holiday just done that. She, if it is a she, is after your bank account details. Stay clear and cease any more contact.

I had similar yonks back with an American lady (lady?) on 'hang outs' claiming to be in the USA army. Said she was in Afghanistan and couldn't access her bank from there. Wanted a loan to be repaid when we meet (hahaha). When I pointed out to her (if was a her) that no matter where you are, can always access your money with internet banking, replied I'm outer here.   Like you have to do here.....

Offline Pete ---

Two possibles I see here.

1) "She's" trying to use you to move money from someone else's account that she's sim hijacked - so it traces back to your IP rather than hers

2) It's an attempt to convince you that she has the funds available, so after you done it successfully for her, the next time she needs your help the transaction fails for some reason and she tries to persuade you to use your own money instead

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider
The scam is simple "she" wants you facilitate the transfer from your PC
One you do that they will have access to your computer via a link, harvest your personal information and clean you out or use it to take out loans in your name etc

Glad you had enough foresight to get out of that one

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
AFAIK, if you are a member of any recognised professional body, you are duty bound to report her under MLA regulations, even though you did not help her transfer the money.

As one of the poster says, you need to report her to the authorities.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
She gives me her log in details to her bank as she is waiting on a money transfer and her Turkish Bank have blocked her as she is not logging in from the UK:

This is absolute bollocks. With internet banking, as we all know here, you can log into your account from whatever country your in.  And probabely many like me on a Turkish holiday just done that. She, if it is a she, is after your bank account details. Stay clear and cease any more contact.

I had similar yonks back with an American lady (lady?) on 'hang outs' claiming to be in the USA army. Said she was in Afghanistan and couldn't access her bank from there. Wanted a loan to be repaid when we meet (hahaha). When I pointed out to her (if was a her) that no matter where you are, can always access your money with internet banking, replied I'm outer here.   Like you have to do here.....
Whilst I think this is a 100% scam and personally I wouldn't need to ask anyone about it, I would've ignored it and blocked her straight away, banks can be funny. Recently I tried to pay a bill on someone else's behalf with my card and it was refused, I had to do a bank transfer, the bank were on the phone to check it was legit before it was cleared.

As I've paid similar amounts in the past, I can only presume it was because it was a new payee to me.

Offline CheeseBoard

The possible connection to your ip address and computer is the worrying thing.

Did she give you a link to the bank or did you type the banks name in a search engine and access it through an independent link?

Offline sub_marine

Its obviously a scam, but why not try and scam the scammer.  This guy below makes a living out of scamming the scammers on YT

External Link/Members Only

I'd drop him a message of exactly whats been happening, he might be interested in scamming them back as it will be somehting new for his channel.  He is pretty tech savvy so will be using a virtual machine account on his computer plus a few other tricks so he is fully safe but able to go along with the scammers without being found out or costing him anything.

Offline millbush

Banned reason: Troll.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline mgkerx

Many thanks for your solid advise and I was so close to helping her/him plus I'm a seasoned business guy
Where the alarms bells started to ring was when I said I need to think about it and they started getting a bit anxious
Anyway all contact now blocked on spare Mob with spare punting WhatsApp and PC running anti virus just amazed how much time and effort these guys go to
Cheers again
Mike

Offline mgkerx

The possible connection to your ip address and computer is the worrying thing.

Did she give you a link to the bank or did you type the banks name in a search engine and access it through an independent link?

She/he sent me a url link to the bank weird Turkish bank but I reckon its a dummy web account as never heard or little Google reference to this Bank.Anyway I opened the link but nothing downloaded plus I run a Mac and have anti Pishing software etc
Thanks
Mike

Offline mgkerx

AFAIK, if you are a member of any recognised professional body, you are duty bound to report her under MLA regulations, even though you did not help her transfer the money.

As one of the poster says, you need to report her to the authorities.

I am not part of any proff bodies and would rather not escalate this authority wise

Offline lewisjones23

She/he sent me a url link to the bank weird Turkish bank but I reckon its a dummy web account as never heard or little Google reference to this Bank.Anyway I opened the link but nothing downloaded plus I run a Mac and have anti Pishing software etc
Thanks
Mike

Google the name of the bank and then scam

Be interesting to see what the angle is

Online Punterperson1971

There’s always a scam waiting to happen for 100 people they try only  a few needs to fall for it,I have had them on twitter saying I’ve won money and/or a Jeep through Facebook and I’ve got to claim it and they are always based in the USA too.
I haven’t been on Facebook for 4 years or so just block them and move on they try to get you through emotion.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 08:55:28 am by Punterperson1971 »

Offline tigerone

Twice I have received messages from gorgeous "girls", purportedly from Ghana. After initial photos and pleas for friendship and love came the appeals for money to help with various desperate situations. I knew of course it was all bollocks but it was quite fun playing along for a while.  I did not release any info about myself.

Offline funfungoodguy

Do the following....."This is 100% a scam and you should contact financial crime officers and tell them everything, including that you met on Seeking Arrangement (so they know you're not lying about anything)"

"are you f'ing mad, of course its a scam"   YES he's right....

THIS IS A SCAM....   AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE.   These thieves and fraudsters are clever at hooking you in. Some person is tugging your todger and get away from it as fast as you can. They will get round to persuading you in one way or another especially as there is a link to your emotions as she is a girl (she claims) that you met on a dating site, they hope that would embarrass you not to report them.

WALK - Do not respond to any further contact. do not give any personal details at all. This person or gang might as well be wearing a mask and carrying a sack labelled SWAG over their shoulder.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 10:43:42 am by funfungoodguy »

Offline MassageBloke

Banned reason: Self confessed non punter.

Offline pewpewpew

Only thing I can think of is that it's not a bank, just some dodgy dude setup a website to make it look like a banking site. You have access to all her monies so of course being the gentleman that you are, you transfer some or all to your own bank thank you very much. The website has made this super simple, just need to enter your own bank details and voila, you'll be bankrupt by the end of the day

Offline Squire Haggard

It might not be her account. ''She'' might even be a guy who is part of a criminal gang, and they want the OP to do the transfer so that there's less of a trail leading to them. I would not get involved.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 01:28:45 pm by Squire Haggard »

If the OP wants to report these events it should be via
actionfraud.police.uk
They are the national reporting centre for fraud real or attempted. However l would advise using their online reporting tool as it often takes up to 30 mins to answer the phone.

Offline mgkerx

Only thing I can think of is that it's not a bank, just some dodgy dude setup a website to make it look like a banking site. You have access to all her monies so of course being the gentleman that you are, you transfer some or all to your own bank thank you very much. The website has made this super simple, just need to enter your own bank details and voila, you'll be bankrupt by the end of the day

Yes sounds very plausible reckon the Bank was a made up Web Site but very well done, then seeing "she" supposedly had 1 Million in her current account and she doesn't know where I live, some guys could have been tempted to transfer a shifty half a mill into a personal account
From that point they have your bank details and the Moral high ground
SA is full of dangers so far I've been attacked and nearly scammed I must have Mug written across my nut,although to compensate had a great shag a few days ago from an SA girl
Thanks again for your input
Mike

Offline Londonpunter30

Thanks
Mike

This is the scam.  Did the website use https? Every bank would.

Do a whois on the url / domain as that will tell you who owns the url.

You can also prob log on with fake details , try that and it prob goes to the same fake account screen

Offline millbush

If the OP wants to report these events it should be via
actionfraud.police.uk
They are the national reporting centre for fraud real or attempted. However l would advise using their online reporting tool as it often takes up to 30 mins to answer the phone.

Hope actionfraud have improved their service then,I had a skrill account hacked by some Estonians a few years back.
They had several thousand pounds and actionfraud basically didn't want to know.
Banned reason: Troll.

Offline David1970

OP why not do what the lady suggests and then report back to us when something happens.
I think it will make interesting reading, just a suggestion

Hope actionfraud have improved their service then,I had a skrill account hacked by some Estonians a few years back.
They had several thousand pounds and actionfraud basically didn't want to know.
I wasn't particularly recommending them, just that is the only place there would be any chance of a response. No one else would be interested.

Offline Sparta Prada

OP, are you going to post the Seeking profile name, or a link to their profile?

Offline mgkerx

OP, are you going to post the Seeking profile name, or a link to their profile?

Ok "her" name on SA is Paula from London supposedly near Docklands we quickly moved to WA I have a spare Mob with WA not sure I will try and find her profile on SA but here are some Photo's Buyer Beware!!

Offline mgkerx

Ok "her" name on SA is Paula from London supposedly near Docklands we quickly moved to WA I have a spare Mob with WA not sure I will try and find her profile on SA but here are some Photo's Buyer Beware!!

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Londonpunter30

Follow my suggesting.  Try and log onto the bank with fake details and see what comes up.

What’s the url / link she sent you