Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Our Online Security  (Read 1088 times)

Offline brianthedog21

I have been following with horror the massive clusterfuck that Apetrain has created for himself  :scare: https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=165277.0

I would hope that there are not many others on this forum that stupid.

But could I make a suggestion. Enter into Google a few things and see what comes up....
Mobile number own and punting
UKP Username
AW Username
Your e mail addresses

I entered my personal e mail address into google about 4 years ago. Up pops a Russian website where my email address was one of many thousands listed. Next to my email address was my active password :(

Hopefully when you do above nothing comes up where it should not do, or even better if you have a common user name like MRSMITH many thousands of results are returned

Offline monstar

Very sensible post and advice.  :hi:

I will add:

- Never use the same account names (also email address for maximum security) unless you don't care they will be linked

- Add quotation marks in the Google search as it will then only search those words/numbers in the same order and not add its usually helpful algorithms. For example using a username on this site, search "rx8 racer" without quotations, and then with them to see the difference (warning: this will return UKP in Google search results for those needing to be discreet)

- Search mobile numbers with and without the space as one may produce hits and none on the other. For example "07123567890" and "07123 567890".
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:29:55 am by monstar »

Offline catweazle

Useful post mate thanks. Just ran myself and my aliases through google and nothing came back. (Username search only led to posts on the forums, and nil return on emails and phone numbers)

Apetrain, however.............

Offline Chorley

This is why I use a punting phone, a fake name and deleted WhatsApp and Twitter.
My Facebook is also locked down as I previously had random friend requests that looked dodgy.  :thumbsdown:

The OP in that thread was a knob and I'm surprised he hadn't come unstuck sooner.  :rolleyes:

Offline brianthedog21

Good points, thank you for adding :drinks:

Any other tips gratefully received

Offline Chorley

Should just add that I did a search and the only thing that came up was an ancient profile on a dating website. No photos or anything incriminating though.  :thumbsup:

Offline monstar

This is why I use a punting phone, a fake name and deleted WhatsApp and Twitter.
My Facebook is also locked down as I previously had random friend requests that looked dodgy.  :thumbsdown:

The OP in that thread was a knob and I'm surprised he hadn't come unstuck sooner.  :rolleyes:

Agreed, another one of the reasons for a punting phone.  :thumbsup:

All the social media apps now automatically sync your contacts and make available to others. Rumours that being in regular close proximity with someone will also bring up suggested contact on Facebook, not to be trusted.  :dash:

Offline brianthedog21

Useful post mate thanks. Just ran myself and my aliases through google and nothing came back. (Username search only led to posts on the forums, and nil return on emails and phone numbers)

Apetrain, however.............

Catweazle,

Dont be to relaxed mate. I did a quick internet search and found many pictures of you

Hidden Image/Members Only :lol:

Back to Apetrain, he has logged on here this morning and last night. But still not taken down his profile on the other sites where he outs himself.

Something very strange :unknown:

Danger!WillRobinson

Punting phone is an imperative.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:22:18 am by Danger!WillRobinson »

Online Dipper

Agreed, another one of the reasons for a punting phone.  :thumbsup:

All the social media apps now automatically sync your contacts and make available to others. Rumours that being in regular close proximity with someone will also bring up suggested contact on Facebook, not to be trusted.  :dash:

Don't contacts only get synced if you select that option manually?

Or at least you've got the option to select ' not now' or similar.

Offline Anadin

I don't have any real online presence at all, I don't seem to exist on google apart from the electoral role website.

You'd think it was cause I was paranoid & careful but no it's just that I created an online persona and have used that since the beginning. Did the same for punting and that's all I use.

Offline catweazle

Catweazle,

Dont be to relaxed mate. I did a quick internet search and found many pictures of you

Hidden Image/Members Only :lol:

Aggggghhhhhhh! Outed!!

Offline brianthedog21

Catweazle,

I'm sorry for posting that, it was indiscreet, stoopid and unforgivable :(

After sleeping on it I feel awful but have got you set up with a solution.

Can you get to London?

My mate Apetrain has spoken to his Mum and Dad and they have set up a camp bed by the fridge freezer in the living room. You can stay there for a few days while you change you appearance. Maybe shave your whiskers off and get your hair permed.

Sorry

Offline shagmore

Good post, ran all criteria in Google, and absolutely nothing comes back, which is good as I use my works phone for my punting phone.
 :drinks:

That apetrain is a complete muppet, I think if a meteor hit London it would cause less on-line info to come back - what a muppet

Offline Waterhouse

Have I Been Pwned is a good website to check if your email id has been stolen or otherwise being used (not by you).  You can also check if your password has been compromised.

External Link/Members Only

Usually fairly accurate results.

HTH

VB.

DaveyB123

Have I Been Pwned is a good website to check if your email id has been stolen or otherwise being used (not by you).  You can also check if your password has been compromised.

Usually fairly accurate results.

HTH

VB.

Cheers, just checked and all negative on mine  :thumbsup:

Offline Private Parts

which is good as I use my works phone for my punting phone.
 :drinks:

That apetrain is a complete muppet, I think if a meteor hit London it would cause less on-line info to come back - what a muppet

Ape train may be a muppet but you take it a stage further! Are you aware that with company phones they are supervised and tracts of conversation/texting can be called upon by the company at any time. :scare:  I constantly am called upon to produce such evidence as part of my work.
 Unless of course Shagmore, you are the "company".  In which case I defer.
But for the general workforce it's a deffo no-no.
PP

Offline shagmore

Unless of course Shagmore, you are the "company".  In which case I defer.
But for the general workforce it's a deffo no-no.
PP

Yes, I am the company, I and not a complete and utter dick, only a dick