Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Julie Bindel in 'Daily Telegraph'  (Read 2747 times)

Online mills_and_bhuna

Just looked at the NI section and it does appear to have picked up lately, so the police must be taking a laid back attitude there.
Pragmatism prevailing maybe.
I would have thought the police over there had enough to keep them busy without wasting time chasing punters

Offline nervyfooker

The Nordic model is getting closer...

I am cautiously optimistic that this won't become UK law soon.
Brexit will continue to suck up a huge amount of Parliamentary time,
New more pressing reforms/laws that Brexit time has pushed aside should be dealt with first.
Despite it becoming more PC the Tory Party still has some libertarians.

Christopher Chope will stop it      :drinks:

External Link/Members Only

Online magnetico

oh yeah he's our best bet  :sarcastic:

He's probably browsing UKP at the very moment... hello Chris !

Offline pawg_lover

I am cautiously optimistic that this won't become UK law soon.
Brexit will continue to suck up a huge amount of Parliamentary time,
New more pressing reforms/laws that Brexit time has pushed aside should be dealt with first.
Despite it becoming more PC the Tory Party still has some libertarians.

External Link/Members Only
There has been increasingly new evidence coming forward that the government have acknowledged, that shows that the Nordic model is not good and have seen a increase in discrimination against sex workers in countries that have implemented it.

Also Julie Bindel is not credible, other peoples opinions do not matter to her, unless they fit in to her abolitionist narrative.

Online magnetico

There has been increasingly new evidence coming forward that the government have acknowledged, that shows that the Nordic model is not good
can you source that ?

forestowl

I hope you are correct-there are still some libertarians in parliament and hopefully they will see this Nordic model campaign for what it is.

Offline S.X. MacHine

Does the NI really apply to us? They mostly have separate laws.

Yes, Northern Ireland has its own legislature and laws, as does Scotland. My point was that the NI situation is more likely than the Swedish one to apply here when looking for analogies. At this point we are only speculating what shape ablolitionist legislation might mean in practise if Westminster or the Parley went down that route.