Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Is it a good idea to attack 1st time reviewers?  (Read 4364 times)

Offline guyverih

I joined UKP this year in January, mainly for info on WG's in my area to see who's good, bad or indifferent. Much the same as other members. After having a poor punt with a girl on VS, I decided to post a review to warn others.
Unfortunately, having never posted a review, I didn't do a very good job of it and got attacked by several members who were very critical of my efforts. As a result I've refrained from posting any reviews until this week, hopefully it's an improvement.
 My question is would it have been more productive to offer advice to help me rather than just attacking me for doing a bad first job/

nervous colin

I got the same treatment, it seems to be some sort of initiation ceremony. It does put you off posting things to be honest, but not everyone is as harsh, just a select few

Offline Happyjose

I joined UKP this year in January, mainly for info on WG's in my area to see who's good, bad or indifferent. Much the same as other members. After having a poor punt with a girl on VS, I decided to post a review to warn others.
Unfortunately, having never posted a review, I didn't do a very good job of it and got attacked by several members who were very critical of my efforts. As a result I've refrained from posting any reviews until this week, hopefully it's an improvement.
 My question is would it have been more productive to offer advice to help me rather than just attacking me for doing a bad first job/

Another way of looking at it is you could have read the wiki, looked at other reviews, and generally got a feel for the culture and ethos of the forum before posting.

I did that and it didn't seem so difficult.

The banned section is full of cunts who come here to cause mischief in one way or another, almost all of them called out by members

Maybe just take it on the chin, accept you could have done better, and stop whining?

Offline itk

When I first joined I got asked if I was a pimp or fluffy as I asked about the whereabouts of a certain WG. Looking back it was understandable but it never made me question whether to stop posting.

Offline shagmore

Just keep reading other peoples reviews, and seeing what or how yours differed, as a 1st timer you shouldn't be attacked, but praised and assisted if you got it wrong. that is the trouble with people today so easy to slag you off without being helpful and telling you what you did wrong and not how to put it right.
Keep posting

Offline PleadInsanity

Just keep on regardless and things will improve. Read other reviews and nick the template of the ones that look good to you, if needed.
While some of the replies may seem harsh there is always 'feedback' in amongst it, if you look hard enough ;)

Offline dismister

Maybe one solution could be for new members' posts to be approved before they get posted?  Not by Admin of course; he's too busy, but by long standing members who are willing to do that.   This could be made easy with "quick reply" buttons that reject the post like "read the FAQ", "too fluffy" "not enough detail" etc and send the post back to the newb for editing before approving again.

Offline hendrix

If you know that your reviews are honest, then it's best to just grow a thicker skin and don't give a toss about what others think. Invariably, by reviewing honestly,  you'll be helping at least one other punter out. You can always improve the quality of your reviews, but that's also entirely up to you.

milo

It may not be a good idea to attack first time posters, but some do appear to bring it on themselves.

There is a vast amount of information on this forum or just one link away. For example, at the bottom of every page, just above the pictures, there are links to the guides in the PuntingWiki.

Also at the bottom of the page, just below the pictures, there is a link to the Site Rules.

Some first time posters show no evidence of ever having read the guides, rules, or other information before they post. This is surely discourteous to the other members of the community they are joining.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Maybe one solution could be for new members' posts to be approved before they get posted?  Not by Admin of course; he's too busy, but by long standing members who are willing to do that.   This could be made easy with "quick reply" buttons that reject the post like "read the FAQ", "too fluffy" "not enough detail" etc and send the post back to the newb for editing before approving again.

Only Admin can approve posts. Surely the best thing would be to read other reviews to get an idea of what to include.

The 'guide to writing reviews' at the bottom of every page is very helpful.  :hi:

External Link/Members Only

vw

What a delicate flower.   :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

FFS simodo got banned defending you.  what a bellend he was.  :bomb: :bomb:

whats this about you being a nosy on PM, I hope you have stopped doing that

That was one very strange conversation.

The guy is clearly confused, has issues and simply can't understand how inappropriate it is to ask personal questions of members of this site, as if I would tell him my age, finances and the business I am involved, weird!

Ming  :hi:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 05:36:34 pm by vw »

mrpeterman

Mate it’s a punters forum, not the WI, If some cunt calls you out ignore or block him, I got some stick off an established member but I quickly formed the opinion he’s a cunt and secondly he means less than jack shit to me.

Take everything with a pinch of salt, don’t bite, ignore the cunts and your be fine

Best wishes

Offline mrfishyfoo

I've been "brutally educated" for any better way of describing it and with hindsight it was justified though at the time I didn't think so.

As others have already said newbies shouldn't let it put them off. This is no place for fragile egos and what seems to happen is that new posters learn from it and become valued members or they just fade away into the shadows.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 05:33:24 pm by mrfishyfoo »

vw

I've been "brutally educated" for any better way of describing it and with hindsight it was justified though at the time I didn't think so.

As others have already said newbies shouldn't let it put them off. This is no place for fragile egos and what seems to happen is that new posters learn from it and becomes valued members or they just fade away into the shadows.

Hilarious   :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

Online timsussex

Many of the first time reviews are from pimps or fanboys
therefore please accept that your first review may be looked on with suspicion then grow a pair (essential for punting in more ways than one) and a thick skin

mrpeterman

Mr fish,

That could be reported as abuse towards a member!!

Or you could just think fuck it, like I care

Offline HarryZZ

It never bothered me, I don't recall your incident but even the fact that you're still wining about it speaks volumes. Let it go.

For my first review I looked at the wiki and other reviews, so I knew what was expected, and there's the crux, "what's expected" You have to realise that it's many of the same people posting in here as on UKE, but the atmosphere is totally different, I'm sure we're all on other forums, football, cars, knitting, kittens, things of that nature and adopt the necessary style for each. I was just on a punt today I'd originally contacted her through UKE and she asked if I was on UKP too, I said I was and she pulled a face, she just didn't like it and was very wary of posting anything yet posts a lot on UKE to the same people. Forums aren't new to anybody surely, we have to feel our way into them, everybody is different but different within non stipulated boundaries, it's not rocket science.

vw

Mr fish,

what could be reported as abuse? 

mrpeterman

vw

Just a joke you calling him a twat, sorry if it failed, my point was we need thick skins and not to take things too seriously

Offline mrfishyfoo

That would IMHO be the action of one of those "fragile ego's" I mentioned.

Exactly !!!  :hi: :hi:

vw

That would IMHO be the action of one of those "fragile ego's" I mentioned.

This one must be the funniest, OP look at the banning reason.

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=153945.msg1687957#msg1687957

Offline Shearer1955

New posters can be harshly treated because there are lots out there who try to undermine UKP but this game isn't for fragile characters or the faint hearted
If you can't take criticism then think how you might be chastised when meeting some of those wgs who can be challenging themselves  :scare:

Offline geezer_breezer

This site overflows with machismo. When someone slags off you or your first review, go and look at their first ever post or review.  You'll notice that they made all the same mistakes too. Then ignore them.

Offline cueball

This is no place for fragile egos
You're still here  :lol: :lol: 

On the op... take a look at his first review.... no bloody wonder it got criticised... it started life with no name, no location and no link

Offline Edd67

Another way of looking at it is you could have read the wiki, looked at other reviews, and generally got a feel for the culture and ethos of the forum before posting.

I did that and it didn't seem so difficult.

The banned section is full of cunts who come here to cause mischief in one way or another, almost all of them called out by members

Maybe just take it on the chin, accept you could have done better, and stop whining?

This ^^^

Offline Sparta Prada

As long as you are honestly writing about a legit punting experience you have then people will see it for what it is.

My advice would be to put in as much detail about the punt as you can so the reader almost visualise your review. The details often make the difference between a review being decent, not worth submitting, or seemingly untrustworthy.

Offline David1970

Sergei will take any change to promot his stable or blacken the name of opposition working ladies.
A lot of first reviews are fluffy and seasoned members have a suspicion it is touting by Sergei.
Some first review are so negative that it could be another whore or Sergei trying to blacken a working girls reputation.
Some first reviews lack the information that would make the review useful. Lack city, cost, link and services are common.

Read other reviews first to get the idea what other punters want and grow a pair.

mrhappypants

UKP has a unique character.  For most of us this is the only place where we can discuss a very important topic - getting one’s end away - openly.  Pimps, touts, whores and trolls operate incognito to influence and mislead.  Getting a rough ride for a review is certainly not the exclusive preserve of a newbie; one in ten of my reviews gets flamed.  If you went into a rough city-centre boozer you’d be on your guard and watch what you said and did - likewise.

Online scutty brown

If you can't handle the criticism here, then you probably won't be up to dealing with the crap some prossies will give you

Offline Denholm

If you know that your reviews are honest, then it's best to just grow a thicker skin and don't give a toss about what others think. Invariably, by reviewing honestly,  you'll be helping at least one other punter out. You can always improve the quality of your reviews, but that's also entirely up to you.
This is probably the best advice. I've been lucky enough to never have gotten a particularly hard time over a review but if I did, so what? As long as you know your review is honest that's all that matters really.

Offline GreyDave

If you can't handle the criticism here, then you probably won't be up to dealing with the crap some prossies will give you
+1 :thumbsup:   When you walk from a minger who`s shouting at you from the top of the stairs and then she decides to follow you down to the street door still screeking in half inglesshee :D Maybe cause your the 10 chap thats walked that day. then maybe you can call yerself a "Punter".....True story happened to me just off Berwick Street. I needed a pint to stop laughing as tourists were looking on :cool: :cool:

Offline cueball

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm disappointed, disappointed I say..... I expected at least a "cheeky twat"  :D

Offline mrfishyfoo

I'm disappointed, disappointed I say..... I expected at least a "cheeky twat"  :D

Hilarious.  :hi: :hi:

Offline Brokenshed

There's been a problem with every one of my reviews.
I've either stuck one in the wrong region, forgot to attach a link, didn't mention dress size (word) or not mentioned DFK.
One response did thank me for mentioning the whore had a dog, then someone else disputed whether it was a pit bull.
Even the recipient of a review disputed what I said about her age
Tbh, most of the comments from punters were fair.
As to the woman, who disputed my comments, not even worth a reply.
Punting is expensive, and not for the faint hearted. my short membership, has taught me UK punting is a training school, saves you wasting money on scams, and toughens you up.
I'm that last comment, exposing myself to being soft.

Offline stampjones

If you want nurturing and mutual support go to mumsnet. If you want reliable info about prossies come here. The “reliable” bit isnt for free. It doesnt come about just because we encourage each other to be honest and open - its because everything is subjected to rigourous questioning, and touts and fluffies and other undesirables are quickly exposed and ejected. It may upset your fragile ego, but we all went through it and it is the core of what makes this site useful and if you dont like it, as I said earlier, go surf mumsnet. Imsure they’ll be happy to listen to your complaints. My 2p

Offline Plan R

If you want nurturing and mutual support go to mumsnet. If you want reliable info about prossies come here.
+1

This forum is very informative OP, it will save you many a wasted journey
As well as that it can an be fucking hilarious.
As others have said be honest and try to observe some of the 'conventions' of reviewing.
Occasionally your opinion will be challenged..that's life
 :drinks:

Offline Marmalade

It’s a learning curve. You learn how the forum works: not ‘politely ask if it should be run differently’.   :rolleyes: :vomit:

If you fall you squash your nose. It’s mildly amusing but not important. It’s a very successful forum, the only one of its kind, and lots of fluffies get banned every day with squashed noses. So to you, it will be a big deal.

What do you want to do?
a) man up and learn how to contribute? or
b) ask silly defensive questions, go out with a whine, and ask yourself if getting a squashed nose was the biggest mistake of your online punting career??

Polite note: the above questions are rhetorical.
This is a forum to post about punting: not ask if there’s a psychistrist’s couch that could be comfier.  :dash:

Hidden Image/Members Only

For whimsical shite, try UKE.  :music:

Offline NervousJ

I think you just need to read a few “regular” reviewers reviews before jumping in.

It’s not particularly difficult. Even I managed my first few reviews without being shot down.. :D

Offline Marmalade

My yes/no answer: ... I’d say yes:rolleyes:

They only get attacked if they’re a bit dufus but it’s the only way they learn. It may save them some really bad mistakes as well, but many years of the forum shows that if you cosset people they will find all sorts of excuses to carry on making the same mistakes. It can seem personal, but it’s not (not from me, anyway).

(This answer is not an invitation for discussion to the OP — who should never have asked the question in the first place.)

Grumbleguts

Every poster gets stick from some members on this forum, its just part of life's rich pagent ;) There are some nasty cunts on here, one especially, sad cunt who rants just for the sake of it. I think he has just found out someone is giving his wife a length :hi:

Offline Marmalade

I think he has just found out someone is giving his wife a length :hi:
Whoever he is, let's hope he doesn't find out you haven't posted a single review in the more than two years you've been on here.  :bomb:  :hi:

Offline Happyjose

Every poster gets stick from some members on this forum, its just part of life's rich pagent ;) There are some nasty cunts on here, one especially, sad cunt who rants just for the sake of it. I think he has just found out someone is giving his wife a length :hi:

Personally, I detest snidey cunts who make oblique references/attacks on other members without having the balls to back it up

Robbiebucks

There is a lot of suspicion of first time posters/reviewers... mainly because of Sergei or fan boys posting their bollocks.

As the others have said, man up. If someone criticises your reviewing style, don’t go crying into the ether but stand your ground or even take the (thinly veiled) advise for your next review.

vw

The moans and groans of a long term leech.  Oh Joy Oh' rapture.   :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

Grumbleguts

The moans and groans of a long term leech.  Oh Joy Oh' rapture.   :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

How true :hi:

Offline cueball

Personally, I detest snidey cunts who make oblique references/attacks on other members without having the balls to back it up
That's a great point... no room for vague bollocks on here....

Grumbly would be better locking horns properly than going round the houses  :dash: