Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Hypersonics and defence economics  (Read 74510 times)

Offline lostandfound

Sounds like Israel are backing off.

IMO setting off a conflict with Iran has always been in Netanyahu's mind, as he believes Iran's nuclear labs need to be destroyed sooner rather than later.

But he needs to take the US with him, and an election year is not the right time.

Offline scutty brown

At least Iran is Shia majority, so hopefully that will limit involvement from some others in the region.
Problem is you have Iran and it's proxies, Ukraine and Taiwan all at the same time potentially... Makes a world war much more possible, particularly with the weak leadership in the west at the moment.

Problem is Iraq, Lebanon and Syria are in the Shia fold, and if Iran want to start a land war they'll let the Iranians through unopposed. But if Israel attempt to attack Iran they'll have to fight all the way there.
You can regard Jordan as irrelevant - they'll simply get steamrollered by either side.
The big intangible is whether Saudi (along with Kuwait and the Emirates on its coat tails) will side with fellow Muslims against the Jews, or whether their hatred for Shias will the deciding factor. Remember things are unpredictable because we don't kmow how Saudi's own pet theological and doctrinal nutters, the Wahabis, will react - and they hold a lot of sway. Don't forget Al-Quaeda were a manifestation of the Wahabi doctrine.

Online PepeMAGA

Problem is Iraq, Lebanon and Syria are in the Shia fold, and if Iran want to start a land war they'll let the Iranians through unopposed. But if Israel attempt to attack Iran they'll have to fight all the way there.
You can regard Jordan as irrelevant - they'll simply get steamrollered by either side.
The big intangible is whether Saudi (along with Kuwait and the Emirates on its coat tails) will side with fellow Muslims against the Jews, or whether their hatred for Shias will the deciding factor. Remember things are unpredictable because we don't kmow how Saudi's own pet theological and doctrinal nutters, the Wahabis, will react - and they hold a lot of sway. Don't forget Al-Quaeda were a manifestation of the Wahabi doctrine.
Thinking about it, the US and Israel might strike the drone and missile factories if they know their location. Despite the escalation it would solve several issues, show of force, reduce supply to Yemen, reduce supply to Russia.
I didn't think Saudi will get involved on the side of Iran. MBS wants to transform Saudi and needs western support to do it. Besides they were happy to take all the flak and accusations of human rights advise attacking the houthis so I think they'll probably sit back in this one

Offline anyfucker

Russia stirring shit up to distract from Ukraine. They're going to win that one this year.
For years Israel has been bombing countries left right and centre including recently the Iranian consulate in a third country which a violation of both countries.
Iran decides to strike back and unlike Israel’s barbaric and savage genocide aimed primarily at civilians, the Iranian response exclusively targeted military sites.
Somehow this is "Russia stirring shit up"  :lol:

Online maxQ

Its always Putin, he fixes the elections in most countries too  :rolleyes:

Offline RandomGuy99

For years Israel has been bombing countries left right and centre including recently the Iranian consulate in a third country which a violation of both countries.
Iran decides to strike back and unlike Israel’s barbaric and savage genocide aimed primarily at civilians, the Iranian response exclusively targeted military sites.
No, the whole Gaza situation has been stirred up by Russia and obviously they fund and supply Russia with equipment too.

Online mills_and_bhuna

No, the whole Gaza situation has been stirred up by Russia and obviously they fund and supply Russia with equipment too.
The amount of cognitive dissonance required to look at a map of the world , have the military expenditure statistics on hand, watch the evolution of Israeli domestic politics and US foreign policy AND still come to the above conclusion is literally mind-blowing :wacko:

Offline puntingking

Im here thinking goverments around tbe world are aloud to get away with their nucleaur testing and air strikes, yet i would go in prison for owning a gun.
Its crazy.   :crazy:

Online mills_and_bhuna

Im here thinking goverments around tbe world are aloud to get away with their nucleaur testing and air strikes, yet i would go in prison for owning a gun.
Its crazy.   :crazy:
Only certain governments.....

Online PepeMAGA

It's aimed at Hamas not civilians. If they wanted to wipe out all the civilians they could have done that in about 2 weeks.
How do you know Iran only targeted military sites?

I agree Russia isn't involved here, though they do purchase the same drones used in the attack from iran

Online maxQ

How do you know Iran only targeted military sites?

Well they seem to have only hit military sites, despite the early Israeli claim to have shot down all missiles/drones

External Link/Members Only

A good summary of the attack

No, the whole Gaza situation has been stirred up by Russia

No it hasn't, the Russians have always tried to have a good relationship with Israel, anytime the two countries had a problem, they generally came to an mutually beneficial agreement. the situation in Gaza has NOTHING to do with Russia

Offline scutty brown

Well they seem to have only hit military sites, despite the early Israeli claim to have shot down all missiles/drones

Simplicius is a Russian sockpuppet

Offline sir wanksalot

No it hasn't, the Russians have always tried to have a good relationship with Israel, anytime the two countries had a problem, they generally came to an mutually beneficial agreement. the situation in Gaza has NOTHING to do with Russia

Sorry but are you really serious that that news source you quoted is credible? I've just read the entire article and it reads like it's been written by an 18 yr old student tasked with writing an essay about how successful the drone attack was.

Seriously man come on. I get that propaganda works both ways but you really need to be sharper than this.

Offline RandomGuy99

I think Russia is deliberately stirring up trouble all round the world to distract the world from Ukraine. The US and other nations are going to struggle to resupply Ukraine and Israel with arms. Gaza and Israel is pushing Ukraine out of the news coverage. Trump is likely to get in as President and then Ukraine will be handed to Russia with a nice bow tied around it and note saying "Love, Donald".

Online PepeMAGA

I think Russia is deliberately stirring up trouble all round the world to distract the world from Ukraine. The US and other nations are going to struggle to resupply Ukraine and Israel with arms. Gaza and Israel is pushing Ukraine out of the news coverage. Trump is likely to get in as President and then Ukraine will be handed to Russia with a nice bow tied around it and note saying "Love, Donald".
What would a win look like in Ukraine? The war in the East has been going on for ten years, Russia won't give up Crimea and probably not the pro Russian Eastern areas either.
So the only end point will be a agreement for Russia to keep those areas or at least have local autonomy... Which is right back to the original agreement before Boris apparently intervened to stop it.
However, because of the promises made by the US and Zelensky, and how far things have gone now, I can't see them doing this either, so the war could go on for decades.

Offline RandomGuy99

What would a win look like in Ukraine? The war in the East has been going on for ten years, Russia won't give up Crimea and probably not the pro Russian Eastern areas either.
So the only end point will be a agreement for Russia to keep those areas or at least have local autonomy... Which is right back to the original agreement before Boris apparently intervened to stop it.
However, because of the promises made by the US and Zelensky, and how far things have gone now, I can't see them doing this either, so the war could go on for decades.
I think Trump will cut off funding and supplies - it's Europe, miles away from the US of A. Putin takes over Ukraine. Trump pulls out of NATO.

Online maxQ

Sorry but are you really serious that that news source you quoted is credible?

Are we back to the videos are fake

I've just read the entire article and it reads like it's been written by an 18 yr old student tasked with writing an essay about how successful the drone attack was.

I'd be happy to read a better article if you can give me a link

Seriously man come on. I get that propaganda works both ways but you really need to be sharper than this.

If you could point out the factual errors in the article, I'd be glad to know the real information. thanks in advance

Online maxQ

I think Russia is deliberately stirring up trouble all round the world to distract the world from Ukraine.

Where ?

The Russians are NOT behind whats going on in Gaza, so where else are they causing trouble ?

The US and other nations are going to struggle to resupply Ukraine and Israel with arms. Gaza and Israel is pushing Ukraine out of the news coverage.

This does make sense, I do see the logic, but still the Russians are not the ones causing trouble in Gaza, its more that the war in the Ukraine has gone on so long, that other events happened, this was always a possibility

Trump is likely to get in as President and then Ukraine will be handed to Russia with a nice bow tied around it and note saying "Love, Donald".

Maybe, but then again, Trump is probably going to jail and Biden will win the election

Offline RandomGuy99

Where ?

The Russians are NOT behind whats going on in Gaza, so where else are they causing trouble ?

This does make sense, I do see the logic, but still the Russians are not the ones causing trouble in Gaza, its more that the war in the Ukraine has gone on so long, that other events happened, this was always a possibility

Maybe, but then again, Trump is probably going to jail and Biden will win the election
If Trump goes to jail there will be riots, so unlikely to happen.

Russia is providing funding to various groups to provoke unrest and conflicts to distract from Ukraine. They're playing a dirty game.

Online mills_and_bhuna

He was 'in charge' for four years between 2016 and 2020.
He was signing off on arms shipments to Ukraine to fight rebels in the Donbas.
He okayed the assassination of the top general of Russia's ally, Iran .
If he had been Putin's man he had a funny way of showing it.
If the US and their vassals around their empire are struggling to supply Israel with bombs and drones to flatten hospitals, universities and massacre Palestinian children , journalists and UN aid workers that is a good thing in my book.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 03:31:01 pm by mills_and_bhuna »

Online mills_and_bhuna

Our politicians are American and Zionist sockpuppets.
And yet you fawn over these clowns.

Online mills_and_bhuna

. They're playing a dirty game.
If only these damn Russkies would play ball.
Like the CIA, the National Endowment for Democracy, USAID, The Atlantic Council, MI6, .
The bombing of the Nordstream pipeline ?
You still blaming Russia?

Online maxQ

If Trump goes to jail there will be riots, so unlikely to happen.

If Trump goes to jail, there will be peaceful protests, you will be told this is a violent insurrection. If Trump is elected President, there could be violent riots in cities controlled by the Dems, the media will call these riots, "mostly peaceful protests" what you believe is up to you

I don't think Trump will be President, and I doubt Biden will be President this time next year

Russia is providing funding to various groups to provoke unrest and conflicts to distract from Ukraine. They're playing a dirty game.

The best chance of a ceasefire in Gaza would come from the US putting pressure on Israel to stop bombing, the Russians have no control or influence over Hamas, and no control over Israel

The US and the UK have far more influence over the Gaza situation than the Russians, I honestly don't know how you could believe otherwise

« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 04:11:07 pm by maxQ »

Online maxQ

And so is anyone who says the Russians are winning

As far as I can tell he's an American living in the US. You and others don't like his writing style or rhetoric, but he is reporting the facts on the ground, far better than any other source, and he does report Russian set backs or problems. I'm watching the Ukraine war as close as possible, I'm willing to read any link you post thats as good or hopefully better than Simplicius, I'll be waiting

The way things are going in the US, he will probably end up in jail for terrorism or something, or he will be kicked off substack, there are a lot of very interesting writers on Substack, so I expect the site to be closed in the end

Online mills_and_bhuna

If Trump goes to jail, there will be peaceful protests, you will be told this is a violent insurrection. If Trump is elected President, there could be violent riots in cities controlled by the Dems, the media will call these riots, "mostly peaceful protests" what you believe is up to you

I don't think Trump will be President, and I doubt Biden will be President this time next year

The best chance of a ceasefire in Gaza would come from the US putting pressure on Israel to stop bombing, the Russians have no control or influence over Hamas, and no control over Israel

The US and the UK have far more influence over the Gaza situation than the Russians, I honestly don't know how you could believe otherwise
Sometimes it feels like you're wasting your time talking to these people.
Gaza has opened the eyes of a lot of people I've spoken to recently and I sense a total disdain for the politicians in this country.
They see Sunak and Starmer reading from a script and look over at our lord and master and see Trump and Biden and people surely must think WTF.
The idea that you see all this theatre and then come to the conclusion that Putin is the problem blows my mind.

Offline RedKettle

Over 50,000 dead Russian soldiers.  So terribly sad just for the ego of a power mad dictator.

Yes I know this will prompt the idiots to go on about the BBC, MSM, evil US empire etc etc.  As always they miss the point.

Online PepeMAGA

Over 50,000 dead Russian soldiers.  So terribly sad just for the ego of a power mad dictator.

Yes I know this will prompt the idiots to go on about the BBC, MSM, evil US empire etc etc.  As always they miss the point.
Seems incredibly high, though I'm not saying it's not true. Russia tend to use quantity as a weapon.
Compared to about 3000 US troops that died in Afghanistan over 20 years.
Doesn't matter what side they're on, it needs nailing on the head before another 10000 are added on.

Online maxQ

50K Russian dead is the lowest number I have seen so far, I watched a video last week that was claiming dead and injured is over 600K, thats seems like BS to me. A while back Zelensky said the Ukraine had 10K KIA, he's still a comedian

We won't know until its all over

Offline RedKettle

Seems incredibly high, though I'm not saying it's not true. Russia tend to use quantity as a weapon.
Compared to about 3000 US troops that died in Afghanistan over 20 years.
Doesn't matter what side they're on, it needs nailing on the head before another 10000 are added on.

50000 was the number that they believed verified, I think by Russian organisations. They also did some interesting analysis of aerial photos of graveyards and felt the possible high number could be 100,000. We cannot really know but somewhere between those numbers seems reasonable working assumption.

What a waste.

A lot of the deaths seem to come from the “meat grinder “ tactics where they throw in wave after wave of conscripts to pinpoint Ukraine positions to then hit with artillery etc.

All because a retard wants to recreate the USSR.

Online maxQ

A lot of the deaths seem to come from the “meat grinder “ tactics where they throw in wave after wave of conscripts to pinpoint Ukraine positions to then hit with artillery etc.

Nope, this is NOT happening, I have heard this claim so many times, the Russians or the Ukrainians are NOT using human wave attacks, if they were you could find videos of it, so find me one, this is the most filmed war ever. I have seen crazy things happen in this war, but so far I have yet to see any side just throw waves of men at the other side. show me a video, I'll be waiting

70%+ of the deaths in this war are caused by artillery, the Russians are firing far more shells than the Ukrainians, so what ever you think the Russian KIA number is, its far worse for the Ukrainians, it can't be any other way

Artillery is the meat grinder, and FAB glide bombs are making it worse

Online mr.bluesky

50K Russian dead is the lowest number I have seen so far, I watched a video last week that was claiming dead and injured is over 600K, thats seems like BS to me. A while back Zelensky said the Ukraine had 10K KIA, he's still a comedian

We won't know until its all over

You know what they say  "the first casualty of war is the truth "  :unknown:

Offline RedKettle

Nope, this is NOT happening, I have heard this claim so many times, the Russians or the Ukrainians are NOT using human wave attacks, if they were you could find videos of it, so find me one, this is the most filmed war ever. I have seen crazy things happen in this war, but so far I have yet to see any side just throw waves of men at the other side. show me a video, I'll be waiting

70%+ of the deaths in this war are caused by artillery, the Russians are firing far more shells than the Ukrainians, so what ever you think the Russian KIA number is, its far worse for the Ukrainians, it can't be any other way

Artillery is the meat grinder, and FAB glide bombs are making it worse

I think you are naive and lack understanding of the battle space if you expect a Saving Private Ryan style film showing a Russian meat grinder attack.  A tactic by the way that goes back to at lease 1812 for the Russian army.  I think it a safe bet you have never been in the forces.

Personally i have heard enough accounts and seen evidence that strongly suggests it is being used, but i accept that getting truth on a war is to say the least tricky.  Always amuses me that you and a few others pronounce things with complete certainty, i wonder why??

Online mills_and_bhuna

I think you are naive and lack understanding of the battle space if you expect a Saving Private Ryan style film showing a Russian meat grinder attack.  A tactic by the way that goes back to at lease 1812 for the Russian army.  I think it a safe bet you have never been in the forces.

Personally i have heard enough accounts and seen evidence that strongly suggests it is being used, but i accept that getting truth on a war is to say the least tricky.  Always amuses me that you and a few others pronounce things with complete certainty, i wonder why??
You assert that Russians are still using 212 year old tactics.
And then you accuse others of pronouncing complete faith in their arguments.
You really do sound ridiculous at times.
You should run for Parliament

Online maxQ

I think you are naive and lack understanding of the battle space if you expect a Saving Private Ryan style film showing a Russian meat grinder attack.

I never asked for a Spielberg style production in 4K resolution. I just asked for one video, just one. You're claiming the Russians are regularly using human wave attacks, yet in a war with thousands of drones, and every drone has a camera, we have seen no video evidence of human wave attacks. I think you're trolling or maybe retarded

Personally i have heard enough accounts and seen evidence that strongly suggests it is being used,

But never video evidence, so what kind of evidence ?

Always amuses me that you and a few others pronounce things with complete certainty, i wonder why??
I pronounce things with complete certainty, if I have video evidence, we know the Ukrainian counter attack last Summer was a total disaster, and we have the video to prove it, I know the Russians are dropping more glide bombs and there is video to prove it 

I think for some reason you are desperate to believe the Russians are careless with their troops, if you were following the war closely, its actually the Ukrainians who have been reckless. The Ukrainians keep letting themselves get caught in positions where the Russians have them surrounded, Bukhmut is the best example, the Russians surrounded the city on 3 sides, but left one road open, the Ukrainians then kept sending thousands of men into the city to be killed by Russian artillery and FAB bombs, they then did the same in Avdiivka, so far the Russians have avoided this, if a position looks bad for the Russians, they make a tactical retreat, regroup, re-arm, then counter attack when the time is right. Ukrainian generals would do this, but it looks like Zalenskyy keeps over ruling them, its why he pushed out Zaluzhny in the end

Offline RedKettle

I think you're trolling or maybe retarded

And there we have it, back to the same tactic as M & B.

No point trying to engage with you, just as pointless as discussing with him.

Offline chrishornx

The idiot would be proud of them.

Predictable bollocks

Online mills_and_bhuna

What tactic is that ?
Using my brain to assess who's lying and who's close to the truth?
All this carnage could have been avoided if the US hadn't gotten greedy.
The neocons have got the war they were craving and have even boasted that all these Ukrainian lives were a 'bargain'.
Now they've got their sights set on convincing Poles, Germans,Finns, Swedes , Danes and Czechs that their lives are expendable on the altar of US capitalist hegemony as well.
Lots of elections coming up this year.
Get ready for a lot of backlighting from our 'leaders'.
But they might get a few shocks.

Online mills_and_bhuna

/quote]fat fingers again and bad eyesight. I meant gaslighting rather than backlighting obviously
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 02:41:28 pm by mills_and_bhuna »

Online mills_and_bhuna

You don't think Biden is going to be replaced at the last minute or a month into his new term?
I think that's very likely.
They're probably working behind the scenes now on various scenarios involving Harris, Newsom, Liz Cheney or the like once even the fuckwits who still believe Biden isn't suffering from Dementia can't ignore the evidence any more.

Online mills_and_bhuna

Very illuminating listening to snippets of the MSM (Radio 4) on the Israel - Iran situation.
Apparently a barrage of drones and missiles aimed at military bases in Israel (and having some success it seems in triggering a costly response to intercept them, not to mention some damage to two of the best protected air bases in the world) is continually being referred to as 'unprecedented' by our 'journalists' parroting Sunak, Starmer, Blinken et al.
And it was prewarned thus killing ZERO (0) people.
Meanwhile an attack on a Consulate killing 13 people (pretty much a taboo in the world of diplomacy and politics and the very definition of 'unprecedented') is apparently not unprecedented, but if there was anyone condemning it I must have missed it.
The Biased Broadcasting Corporation indeed.
And they had the neck to launch BBC Verify  :lol:

Offline RedKettle

What tactic is that ?

Read the part I quoted, it was only a few words , and it answers your question.  Or just make shit up as usual.

Offline RedKettle

Very illuminating listening to snippets of the MSM (Radio 4) on the Israel - Iran situation.
Apparently a barrage of drones and missiles aimed at military bases in Israel (and having some success it seems in triggering a costly response to intercept them, not to mention some damage to two of the best protected air bases in the world) is continually being referred to as 'unprecedented' by our 'journalists' parroting Sunak, Starmer, Blinken et al.
And it was prewarned thus killing ZERO (0) people.
Meanwhile an attack on a Consulate killing 13 people (pretty much a taboo in the world of diplomacy and politics and the very definition of 'unprecedented') is apparently not unprecedented, but if there was anyone condemning it I must have missed it.
The Biased Broadcasting Corporation indeed.
And they had the neck to launch BBC Verify  :lol:

You have been clear that you do not listen to or read the BBC so you would not know.

They were clear about the consulate attack being unprecedented, but hey never mind the facts just make up shit like your hero does.

Online Squire Haggard

You have been clear that you do not listen to or read the BBC so you would not know.

They were clear about the consulate attack being unprecedented, but hey never mind the facts just make up shit like your hero does.

Sky News said the same.

Babooner is posting shit as always.  :rolleyes:

Online mr.bluesky

Babooner is posting shit as always.  :rolleyes:

No , Really,  I find that hard to believe  :sarcastic:

Online maxQ

No point trying to engage with you,

But you don't engage, you make claims with zero evidence

Personally i have heard enough accounts and seen evidence that strongly suggests it is being used,

What evidence ?

I thought you were trying to engage, I see little evidence of that either

Predictable bollocks

No, just the facts

Online maxQ

You don't think Biden is going to be replaced at the last minute or a month into his new term?
I think that's very likely.
They're probably working behind the scenes now on various scenarios involving Harris, Newsom, Liz Cheney or the like once even the fuckwits who still believe Biden isn't suffering from Dementia can't ignore the evidence any more.

Yes, thats pretty much it, the problem is Harris, they need to get rid of her first, the people who don't believe Biden has dementia, will change their minds once the media tells them to

Offline chrishornx

Online mills_and_bhuna

Not sure I said I never listened to them.
All I said was that I didn't trust them to tell the truth.
Who's my hero?

Online PepeMAGA

there's probably no video to prove or disprove the "meat grinder" tactics.
the truth is probably somewhere in between. not WW1 style run at the enemy, but large numbers of poorly trained irregular infantry sent to overwhelm Ukrainian forces.
however, few things to note, away from Kyiv etc, Russia has been happy to level cities remotely, so I think there would be limited circumstances where they would send in ground forces, other than in areas they wanted to retain infrastructure.
also, not sure how much of an offensive Russia is actully making in Ukraine now, it seems they have dropped back and are retaining east Ukraine rather than pushing deeper in.
just my thoughts obviously.