Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Can a WG have too many UKP Reviews?  (Read 2676 times)

Online threechilliman

We've had the thread about AW FB which counts for nothing, but what about girls with loads of reviews, racked up very quickly?

One of my avoidance criteria, after a poor experience, is to look at how many reviews they have, over what period of time they've been built up and by which punters. Too many, too quickly and for me, they now go in the bin. Might not be foolproof, but I'm now of a mind that when they're averaging 4 or 5 reviews a month, particularly outside of London (which for me might be the exception) my mind starts to think they're asking for reviews to be done.

tcm

Offline HighlyMotivated

There's a couple of girls who have slipped rank on my HL because they've been over reviewed. Way too much detail on what other punters have been doing with them. Just a bit of a turn off for me.

Not knocking the reviewers or their efforts, my fault for reading them all.

Offline Jimmyredcab

There is nothing wrong with a girl asking for a review to be done, it would only be unacceptable if the punter gave a false review ----- but then why would he do that if he had a shit experience.  :unknown:

vw

Not a pokemon collector like some people that wont visit a girl with less than x amount of girls, not my way.

There are certain reviewers I will not cross paths with ever.

I personally like reviews from people I class as like me, their review is usually enough for me !

I get bored of dead certs anyway, most I meet have none or minimal reviews these days

pking_paul

Simply put, too many reviews like the OP suggests in too short a time and I'm out. But I prefer part timers to hardened pros anyway. I also like to be one of the first to see a new girl, so no reviews is never a turn off.

Online hendrix

Not for me, no. The more reviews from punters that are credible to me, the better.

Online threechilliman

Not for me, no. The more reviews from punters that are credible to me, the better.

Yep, I didn't qualify it as such. Lots from credible punters are OK, but perhaps when you don't really know the punters in an area?

tcm

Offline cueball

I'm not sure if it's human nature but on some occasions I've been disappointed when I've punted with highly reviewed lasses (not every time though I hasten to add).

They can also get complacent, take their foot off the gas and sit back on their laurels. Forum darlings are not necessarily guaranteed great punts.

vw

Forum darlings are not necessarily guaranteed great punts.

But guaranteed white knighting if you state she's not your darling !

Offline cueball

But guaranteed white knighting if you state she's not your darling !

:D

Online lostandfound

In the sense that UKP serves punters I don't believe so, as it seems self evident that numbers of members profess themselves satisfied with the service they have received. Ongoing reviews keep the girls on their toes and good providers are rewarded with good reviews.

On a personal level each of us must make up our own minds, and I am disinclined to queue up or jump through hoops for paid sex, which probably means I will never see some of the more popular providers.

I have a slight suspicion that some providers become a brand, and some punters will be so happy to see them that their objectivity goes out the window and they write a glowing review even when they've received a service that may not justify it. But then this is not Which magazine.

Offline cueball

I have a slight suspicion that some providers become a brand, and some punters will be so happy to see them that their objectivity goes out the window and they write a glowing review even when they've received a service that may not justify it.

Agreed

Nicely worded and very accurate

Online hendrix

Yep, I didn't qualify it as such. Lots from credible punters are OK, but perhaps when you don't really know the punters in an area?

tcm

Outside my patch, I'd definitely have to do more research, but more likely to just pm a few punters in that area  whose reviews suggest similar tastes to mine I guess.

Online threechilliman

I have a slight suspicion that some providers become a brand, and some punters will be so happy to see them that their objectivity goes out the window and they write a glowing review even when they've received a service that may not justify it. But then this is not Which magazine.

I'll second Cueball on that statement.

tcm

Offline MintRoyale

I think reviews are trailers to the main event. If you see to many of them, you kinda go in with a level of expectation and can sometimes get let down.

Back in the day I remember when you'd see a girl and didn't know too much about her and she was a bit of a mystery. That was a fun aspect to this hobby

cockneybstrd

In the sense that UKP serves punters I don't believe so, as it seems self evident that numbers of members profess themselves satisfied with the service they have received. Ongoing reviews keep the girls on their toes and good providers are rewarded with good reviews.

On a personal level each of us must make up our own minds, and I am disinclined to queue up or jump through hoops for paid sex, which probably means I will never see some of the more popular providers.

Very nicely put

As consumers these days people do seem to get very attached to brands.

Its funny too see people 'White Knighting' products like Apple and wont have word said against them and get very upset if you dare to be critical

Online hendrix

The "top" girls definitely have brand loyalty going on :D often with good reason I'm sure, but to use cockney's analogy.. I've hated every Apple product I've had. I must be wrong.

Offline smiths

We've had the thread about AW FB which counts for nothing, but what about girls with loads of reviews, racked up very quickly?

One of my avoidance criteria, after a poor experience, is to look at how many reviews they have, over what period of time they've been built up and by which punters. Too many, too quickly and for me, they now go in the bin. Might not be foolproof, but I'm now of a mind that when they're averaging 4 or 5 reviews a month, particularly outside of London (which for me might be the exception) my mind starts to think they're asking for reviews to be done.

tcm

The more honest genuine reviews the better in my view so no a WG cant have too many on UKP. Its often forum darlings that have lots of reviews in a short period of time which they might or might not add to and to me that's perfectly natural as punters read about these WGs and want a go. Just a pity some fall for them and becoming white knighting pricks, but at least a few of the worst of them have been banned recently in my area, London.

Offline Steely Dan

It is not that too many are a problem.  It is that 10 positives or 40 positives are the same rating.  Both girls have managed to deliver for multiple punters over time.  40 is not 4 times better than 10, it is equal. And either one could have a bad day when I meet her, or it could be (gasp) that she doesn't appreciate jazz-rock fusion.  There is no sure thing.

But keep adding reviews.  A girl with 10 positives but nothing in a year is a worry. All reviews help in my view.

The other thing with the high number, is it is more probable that she offers very full services.  There are a good many positives that are truthful and I have no argument with the rating, but are from fluffy lovers of gentle OW.  While a girl can get 3 or 4 positives this way, many more without a neg or a neutral seems unlikely.  On the same line of thinking, while I have not met her, I don't believe that a punt with MissKDD is likely to be anything other than excellent with a score of 66.0.0.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:29:36 pm by Steely Dan »

LL

Very nicely put

As consumers these days people do seem to get very attached to brands.

Its funny too see people 'White Knighting' products like Apple and wont have word said against them and get very upset if you dare to be critical
And conversely you have people avoiding certain brands - products, artists/bands, clothing styles once they become too popular. Is there such a thing as a hipster punter?!

Your Apple product example proves my point too. Some people decide to avoid these products without finding out if they're any good or not, purely based upon the fact they've become very popular.

The hipster-punter's mantra: I fucked <insert forum darling's name here> way before she was cool!

Offline Nagilum

tcm

So is your question whether they can have too many reviews or that they are asking for them to be done?

I will answer both :)

They can never have too many, for me the girl is only as good as her last review.

If they ask for a review its off putting and immediately breaks the illusion/fantasy during the punt.

cockneybstrd

And conversely you have people avoiding certain brands - products, artists/bands, clothing styles once they become too popular. Is there such a thing as a hipster punter?!

Your Apple product example proves my point too. Some people decide to avoid these products without finding out if they're any good or not, purely based upon the fact they've become very popular.

The hipster-punter's mantra: I fucked <insert forum darling's name here> way before she was cool!

Judging by the ones (Hipsters) I have to deal with its all about liking stuff ironically and trying to shock you with a slightly counter culture lifestyle

So the Hipster would look to fuck the skankest  bareback whore in Dalston bedsit. Though I expect the Hipster's mantra would be I was sucking cock long before Raddy tried to make it cool

The avoiding products once they become too widely popular is actually thing many marketing people worry about

for example Burberry after Daniella Westbrook was photographed clad head to toe in about 10-15 years ago were worried that this would turn people off purchasing the product because it was associated with a chav cokehead z list celeb (a bit like worrying if your a prossie that after a WEST8 review no one would want to book you)

Offline Malvolio

The more reviews the better - that's what this site is about.  I suppose most of us just read the reviews in our punting area, and after a while you get the feel of whose opinions you would trust, and whose you'd disregard.

Online lewisjones23

Think reports can only be a good thing

WG overuse - I had a very popular NW based girl in my hotlist, saw her not so long back and all I remember from the punt now is how fleshy/baggy/well used her pussy looked

Deleted her out my hotlist never to return

Strange how you notice stuff and let it impact on your judgement

FlyingBreadMan

The timing of reviews is what determines whether it us relevant or not... I have reviewed models previously reviewed but probably after seeing them a few months later, thus proving a more up to date review.

Seeing the same model reviewed in consecutive days seems a bit pointless if they echo the last review.

I keep my reviews short and covers things I am interested in - looks, location, comms, attitude. Not interested in reading or caring to tell others about tounge in bum rituals.

Offline shagbambi

Too many reviews suggest that it will be hard to book the girl.  Even though I can and do plan ahead, after a point it's the principal (for me anyway).  The concept that I should be "lucky" enough to get a booking and be "allowed" to spend my money is a bit much for me to stomach.

Offline Jimmyredcab

What exactly is a "forum darling". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If a girl has a 99% success rate how can that be a bad thing.   :wacko:

Offline anyfucker

Too many reviews suggest that it will be hard to book the girl.  Even though I can and do plan ahead, after a point it's the principal (for me anyway).  The concept that I should be "lucky" enough to get a booking and be "allowed" to spend my money is a bit much for me to stomach.
For the last year or so i have mostly seen very well reviewed girls (and had a great time hence why i keep going back). Yes, it can be difficult/impossible to get a booking at short notice so I now plan ahead and at the moment have bookings for March.
Not once have I been made to feel or told "i am lucky" to get a booking.
For a short notice booking then i have to look around and take a gamble or go to my "hidden gem" who i can usually see at a day's notice or sometimes on the day.

Offline claretandblue

If a girl has a 99% success rate how can that be a bad thing.   :wacko:
"Darlings" are those working girls who are elevated onto a higher level by deluded punters who believe they are her special client friend /boyfriend etc, the punters then get very upset if anyone dares make any criticism of them, a good example of one could be Michelle independent for instance :hi:

Offline Jimmyredcab

"Darlings" are those working girls who are elevated onto a higher level by deluded punters who believe they are her special client friend /boyfriend etc, the punters then get very upset if anyone dares make any criticism of them, a good example of one could be Michelle independent for instance :hi:

The last person who accused me of touting Michelle Independant got his wings clipped by Admin, just saying.    :hi:

Offline Third Man

Reviews are obviously good, but I feel there are 'bandwagon jumper' punters that have to see a recently well reviewed girl so that they too can post a positive and be in the club so to speak. I've seen some very well reviewed and talked about girls that I wonder what the fuss is about. Its like some guys support the 'best' football team because its the best.

cockneybstrd

The last person who accused me of touting Michelle Independant got his wings clipped by Admin, just saying.    :hi:

I cant see anyone stating your touting on this thread JRC.

I think most of the time with other posters they are just having a little laugh at/with you when they suggest your tout for her.

5th Musketeer

I have the same question.  I've seen the term used a number of times and the only way to find out, I would guess, is to see that a WG has a lot of reviews, but you have to see/read them to know.

GolfNut

Too many reviews is less of a problem than too few IMO.

A single or even a handful do not give a breath of feedback that enable you to make a sufficiently calculated call to see a girl.

Every punter has their idea of what is good, great and shit. I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to see a girl purely on my recommendation, unless they knew they had similar taste and MO to me. Likewise I tend to look at who is reviewing rather than just what is written.

As long as the review is factual, then I don't think you can have too many, and the inevitable fall from grace needs to be spotted as soon as possible.

For example Smiley Miley continues to give a roller coast ride that is either great or crap depending on the day of the week. Yet she will still have a queue of guys wanting to see her, happy to take the risk in the hope that they will be the lucky one.
Risk versus reward comes in to play here.

Expectation to me is the mother of all fuck ups, and you really need to go into a punt with as few preconceptions as possible. This is indeed very hard with a highly reviewed "darling", but some girls fall into the "guarantee of a great punt" category and in most cases if not all so far, I've found deservedly so.

It's your money you take your choices.

Offline Jimmyredcab

I cant see anyone stating your touting on this thread JRC.

Not in so many words.    :rolleyes:

Offline Turtle Z

That's a good description!

Offline X3 Guy

There's a couple of girls who have slipped rank on my HL because they've been over reviewed. Way too much detail on what other punters have been doing with them. Just a bit of a turn off for me.

Not knocking the reviewers or their efforts, my fault for reading them all.

Yes I must admit that when i read that a girl has licked a blokes arse out its a real turn off- but each to their own. Why would you do that, even for a wad of cash??

Offline claretandblue

Relax jimbo, we're not all out to get you  :hi:

Online lostandfound

Yes I must admit that when i read that a girl has licked a blokes arse out its a real turn off- but each to their own. Why would you do that, even for a wad of cash??

If it's been said once it's been said a million times - punting is not for the squeamish.

It does seem striking to me that as punters we all engage in sexual behaviour that many would find obscene, and yet some posters complain because in their personal view sexual behaviour described in someone else's punt is offensive to them.

vw

If it's been said once it's been said a million times - punting is not for the squeamish.

It does seem striking to me that as punters we all engage in sexual behaviour that many would find obscene, and yet some posters complain because in their personal view sexual behaviour described in someone else's punt is offensive to them.

Well a punter can turn his nose up at a shit licking whore if he wants and express their opinion.  If they say nothing people would think they like licking shit to !

People have a right to an opinion on anything.

cockneybstrd

Well a punter can turn his nose up at a shit licking whore if he wants and express their opinion.  If they say nothing people would think they like licking shit to !

I have yet too see a hardsports review on here (personally i hope i never do) but I am sure sooner or later one will be posted

vw

I have yet too see a hardsports review on here (personally i hope i never do) but I am sure sooner or later one will be posted

Never read a hardsports but bet many rimmers have had accidental hardsports.

Each to their own though.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 03:56:37 pm by vw »

Online lostandfound

Silence does not mean consent. If he doesn't like stuff he doesn't have to keep reading.

Of course I'm free to express my opinion about his opinion, and you to express your opinion about my opinion of his opinion, as you have done. And eventually we will all disappear up our own opinions.

Still struck by the irony of a punter offended by another punter's punting.

vw

Silence does not mean consent. If he doesn't like stuff he doesn't have to keep reading.

Anyone is free to comment unless locked, why not ?  Makes other punters feel they are not alone in being turned off by these things.

Online lostandfound

Anyone is free to comment unless locked, why not ?  Makes other punters feel they are not alone in being turned off by these things.

But may inhibit others from providing details of a punt which may be helpful to other punters who like the same thing. Sharing information between like minded punters takes priority in my mind - seems like a core function of UKP to me. Admin and moderation set the boundaries of what's legitimate to be described and discussed.

And opined upon, of course.

vw

But may inhibit others from providing details of a punt which may be helpful to other punters who like the same thing. Sharing information between like minded punters takes priority in my mind - seems like a core function of UKP to me. Admin and moderation set the boundaries of what's legitimate to be described and discussed.

And opined upon, of course.

Anyway show me some examples please, would love to see on someone's review where someone shows disgust or was offended.  :unknown:

Imagine its a figment of your imagination anyway !  Your talking shit !   :bomb:

Online lostandfound

Anyway show me some examples please, would love to see on someone's review where someone shows disgust or was offended.  :unknown:

Imagine its a figment of your imagination anyway !  Your talking shit !   :bomb:

I refer you to X3's post. 

vw

I refer you to X3's post.

I know you have only done one, but assure you this is not a review !

That is a post on a thread about numbers of reviews putting people off, he stated what puts him off rather than the number.

Nothing wrong with that !!

Online lostandfound

I know you have only done one, but assure you this is not a review !

That is a post on a thread about numbers of reviews putting people off, he stated what puts him off rather than the number.

Nothing wrong with that !!

I didn't say it was.

I do find it odd that some punters are bothered by others sharing details of their punts. Now you are making me repeat myself ...

vw

I didn't say it was.

I do find it odd that some punters are bothered by others sharing details of their punts. Now you are making me repeat myself ...

They are not bothered it helps them make up their mind not to punt people, that was the point.  Why would you pay to fuck someone that does shit that repulses you !