Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Giving blood while punting  (Read 2199 times)

Offline JJ72

I'm considering giving blood but had the thought that this couldn't be done because of sexual history (i.e. seeing sex workers)

Going on the NHS website it doesn't seem to say anything about this - External Link/Members Only

So I assume I'm in the clear if I wanted to do such a thing and I might have just answered my own question but it just seemed logical that you wouldn't be able to if you had been punting

Offline TheMurloc

One of the questions you get asked on a sheet of paper is if you've had sex with someone and paid for the service or charged for it in the past 3 months. So if you've punted in the past 3 months, you should refrain from donating. You could lie but that's just irresponsible. If you're that keen save some cash for 3 months.

External Link/Members Only

You should also get regularly tested at your GUM clinic.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 12:54:32 am by TheMurloc »

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
I'm considering giving blood but had the thought that this couldn't be done because of sexual history (i.e. seeing sex workers)

Going on the NHS website it doesn't seem to say anything about this - External Link/Members Only

So I assume I'm in the clear if I wanted to do such a thing and I might have just answered my own question but it just seemed logical that you wouldn't be able to if you had been punting
The answer's in the website you linked to, did you read it.   :unknown:

Offline shagathon

The relevant bit is at the bottom of the page

You must not give blood or platelets for at least 3 months after sex (even if you used a condom or other protective) with:
A partner who is, or you think may be:
HIV positive
A hepatitis B carrier
A hepatitis C carrier
HTLV positive
Syphilis positive
A partner who has ever received money or drugs for sex
A partner who has ever injected, or been injected with, drugs - even a long time ago or only once. This includes body-building drugs and injectable tanning agents. You may be able to give if a doctor prescribed the drugs. Please check with us to make sure
A partner who has, or you think may have been, sexually active in parts of the world where HIV/ AIDS is very common. This includes most countries in Africa. There are exceptions, so please check with us to make sure

Offline WASA38

When I read the title I visualized a scenario where I was screwing an SP whilst attached to a tube and collection bottle.

When I used to donate I would sometimes harbour naughty thoughts about  the nurses. I once , as an opening gambit, suggested that they show 'adult content' videos in order to accelerate the rate of blood collection. Didn't get me far, unsurprisingly.

Offline Jonestown

I have always understood that they tested blood for HIV/Aids during the collection cycle, the first blood drawn was set aside and tested there and then.

Offline Doc Holliday

I have always understood that they tested blood for HIV/Aids during the collection cycle, the first blood drawn was set aside and tested there and then.

Yes but if sometime in the week before the donor had become infected the test would possibly be negative. The current generation of tests would be around 98% accurate a month after exposure. At three months this will rise to 100% (with the proviso nothing is 100%) so that is the chosen safety window.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:53:33 am by Doc Holliday »

Offline Countrylad2

I’ve been giving blood for forty years and punting for twenty. I donate four times a year. Never had a problem. Think if you’re sensible and always use protection that you should be ok. I love OWO though.

Offline winkywanky

According to the NHS rules if you've punted within 3mths of giving blood, you're breaking their rules.

It's really not for you to question or break the rules, however careful you think you're being on punts.

It's one thing to apply the risk/reward protocol to yourself, quite another to apply it to others without their consent.

Offline Plan R

The cynic in me thinks, one way or another, that's everyone with a vagina, ever.  But that's a different thread.  :angelgirl:

Offline Doc Holliday

I’ve been giving blood for forty years and punting for twenty. I donate four times a year. Never had a problem. Think if you’re sensible and always use protection that you should be ok. I love OWO though.

So you lied for 20 years?

Offline Doc Holliday

According to the NHS rules if you've punted within 3mths of giving blood, you're breaking their rules.

It's really not for you to question or break the rules, however careful you think you're being on punts.

It's one thing to apply the risk/reward protocol to yourself, quite another to apply it to others without their consent.

Indeed ... but to then be arrogant enough to tell everyone about it on here is even worse.

Offline winkywanky

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Of course you won't have a problem, it's the unfortunate recipients who will have the problem.   :dash:  You read of people contracting all sorts through contaminated blood, with idiots like you is it any wonder.  :wacko:

Try telling the truth next time you go and see how welcome your donation will be. Safety measures are there for a reason.

Offline kuck

Please stop.

You might have been lucky enough to have never contracted a disease. That says nothing about the future. The recipients of your blood might have weakened immune systems. You might cause serious problems or even death.

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

It might not be that common knowlege but many years ago I needed a massive blood transfuision or i wouldnt be here today.

So always wanted to return the favour as it were but your not allowed to give if you have had a transfusion in the past!

End off!..

On a lighter note; anyone rember Nervous Norvous on the subject from 1956?

Enjoy:)

Offline cotton

The relevant bit is at the bottom of the page

You must not give blood or platelets for at least 3 months after sex (even if you used a condom or other protective) with:
A partner who is, or you think may be:
HIV positive
A hepatitis B carrier
A hepatitis C carrier
HTLV positive
Syphilis positive
A partner who has ever injected, or been injected with, drugs - even a long time ago or only once. This includes body-building drugs and injectable tanning agents. You may be able to give if a doctor prescribed the drugs. Please check with us to make sure
A partner who has, or you think may have been, sexually active in parts of the world where HIV/ AIDS is very common. This includes most countries in Africa. There are exceptions, so please check with us to make sure
So basically this prohibits us all from giving blood - end of

Offline millbush

Does this question really need asking?
Banned reason: Troll.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline winkywanky

Judging by this thread, clearly yes.

Offline Happylad

And there was I thinking that this Thread was all about the methods that the SPs and their Minders use for bleeding us Punters dry.

I,too, once had to have a blood transfusion in a major operation and have since been persona non grata at the donor sessions. However, this Thread has given me pause to wonder what the situation is in so far as donation of one`s bits and pieces after death is affected (always assuming that any of them are still working when the time comes).  Should I staple a little note to my Donor Card warning that I have been a Punter (that should make the family sit up). Clearly the carcinogenic bits won`t be wanted, but will they pick and choose or simply reject the lot?  If the latter is the case, then is there any point in keeping the card, or should I lose it and go into the fiery furnace whole and intact rather than as a small bagful of leftover rejects?

Offline winkywanky

Fair question.

But I think transplant donation is different, there are bits of your body which would be unaffected (like corneal grafts and ligamentous tissue I should imagine). But giving blood is thousands of pints every day all over Britain, and infected blood, when transfused, goes straight to where you don't want it to, by its very nature. All blood can be tested but I guess with the sheer amount of it they'd rather not take risks?

I should imagine transplant donation is effectively on a smaller scale, with individual body parts which can be far more easily scrutnised/dealt with?

I don't know, I guess Doc Halliday would have a good idea. But ultimately the Blood Transfusion Service aren't saying it for the sake of it, and similarly the Organ Donation people aren't needlessly asking for body parts which will simply be thrown in the bin. If someone dies and organs are available for use, the doctor doesn't ask whether the deceased had a history of punting.

Online RandomGuy99

They can't test for HIV straight away and get a reliable result unless you haven't had sex for 14 or so days because it depends on how long ago you were exposed to the virus and how quickly your body creates antibodies as a response to the exposure.  That's why they say you need to wait a number of days since you last had sex before you get tested or donate blood.

They do take vials of blood for testing when they take your donation.  It takes 24 hrs to process donated blood.  They process it all like it's good blood and the test results catch up with it later before it goes out the door for someone to be given.  If they find something wrong with the donation they bin it.  However again if you have had sex with someone who is high risk recently before you donate then there may be more chance of you having been infected and them being unable to find the antibodies that indicate you're infected, so contaminated blood could be given to someone and it would be your fault as the donor as there is nothing they can find in the blood to indicate you're infected.  They test all the blood for HIV and other infections like hepatitis and bacteria too regardless of which boxes you tick on the form.

Basically, don't be stupid and follow their rules. Lying about it just puts people at risk.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 07:47:32 pm by RandomGuy99 »

Offline Doc Holliday

We are getting two things overlapped here. Firstly there is the issue with sexually transmitted blood borne infections such as HIV and hepatitis and how this then relates to blood donation.

The issue with not being able to donate blood if you have received a transfusion at any time since 1980 is related to new variant CJD transmission and nothing to do with sexual history.

Online RandomGuy99

We are getting two things overlapped here. Firstly there is the issue with sexually transmitted blood borne infections such as HIV and hepatitis and how this then relates to blood donation.

The issue with not being able to donate blood if you have received a transfusion at any time since 1980 is related to new variant CJD transmission and nothing to do with sexual history.
And they don't give UK blood to people born after a certain date because of the risk of CJD in the UK population. I think they import blood from other countries for these people. Unless of course it's an emergency instead of planned surgery when they can get the right amount of imported blood in the right place for you.

Online RandomGuy99

Fair question.

But I think transplant donation is different, there are bits of your body which would be unaffected (like corneal grafts and ligamentous tissue I should imagine). But giving blood is thousands of pints every day all over Britain, and infected blood, when transfused, goes straight to where you don't want it to, by its very nature. All blood can be tested but I guess with the sheer amount of it they'd rather not take risks?

I should imagine transplant donation is effectively on a smaller scale, with individual body parts which can be far more easily scrutnised/dealt with?

I don't know, I guess Doc Halliday would have a good idea. But ultimately the Blood Transfusion Service aren't saying it for the sake of it, and similarly the Organ Donation people aren't needlessly asking for body parts which will simply be thrown in the bin. If someone dies and organs are available for use, the doctor doesn't ask whether the deceased had a history of punting.
But the doctor and the family are expected to declare any concerns  that may have.  That may make the organ donor good for some tissues and organs and not good for others e.g. skin, eyes, bones, lungs, kidney, pancreas, brain, penis and scrotum (they recently did a successful transplant of this - just in research for now) and any other organs the donor and their family agree can be collected.

Offline OakTree

It’s quite clear about punting and giving blood. The two don’t go together. I use to give blood before I paid for sex. Now I don’t.

Online RandomGuy99

It might not be that common knowlege but many years ago I needed a massive blood transfuision or i wouldnt be here today.

So always wanted to return the favour as it were but your not allowed to give if you have had a transfusion in the past!

End off!..

On a lighter note; anyone rember Nervous Norvous on the subject from 1956?

Enjoy:)

I think the rule is you can't donate if you had a blood tranfusion before 1980 as there's a risk that you could have received contaminated blood.  I think since 1980 they've tested all UK blood for CJD and the food stock is constantly monitored for it too, so since 1980 the risk is significantly less.

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Seems not for the moment as per their website!.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blood Transfusion : Transfusion

If you have had or think you have had a blood transfusion (or blood products) anytime since 1st January 1980 sadly, we cannot accept your blood.

This aims to reduce the possible risk of variant CJD (vCJD) being passed from donor to patient.  However, just like our other rules regarding who can and who can't give blood, things can change. As new scientific information becomes available we will review the situation.  This could mean either continuing with this ruling or asking people to return to donating.  This is unclear at the moment.

Offline winkywanky

But the doctor and the family are expected to declare any concerns  that may have.  That may make the organ donor good for some tissues and organs and not good for others e.g. skin, eyes, bones, lungs, kidney, pancreas, brain, penis and scrotum (they recently did a successful transplant of this - just in research for now) and any other organs the donor and their family agree can be collected.

Of course, but for example, how many of your family members know you punt?

So that's one question that couldn't be relied upon for a 100% accurate answer.

Offline Doc Holliday

And they don't give UK blood to people born after a certain date because of the risk of CJD in the UK population. I think they import blood from other countries for these people. Unless of course it's an emergency instead of planned surgery when they can get the right amount of imported blood in the right place for you.

I think since 1980 they've tested all UK blood for CJD and the food stock is constantly monitored for it too, so since 1980 the risk is significantly less.

Are you making this up as you go along?

It is other countries eg US that won't accept UK blood. The UK is fairly self sufficient for whole blood but I think still imports some blood products such as Plasma and platelets.

Despite efforts there is no test for CJD. That is the problem. CJD is an extremely complex and controversial topic and has nothing to do with punting.

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

"and has nothing to do with punting."

Yer right Doc H!, thats to do with the wife, Mad cow disease!(..

Offline TheMurloc

« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 10:39:42 pm by TheMurloc »

Online RandomGuy99

It is other countries eg US that won't accept UK blood. The UK is fairly self sufficient for whole blood but I think still imports some blood products such as Plasma and platelets.

Despite efforts there is no test for CJD. That is the problem. CJD is an extremely complex and controversial topic and has nothing to do with punting.
No, I'm getting it from the NHS website I linked to earlier.

"Blood transfusions

In the UK, there have been 4 cases where variant CJD has been transmitted by blood transfusion.

In each case, the person received a blood transfusion from a donor who later developed variant CJD.

Three of the 4 recipients went on to develop variant CJD, while the fourth recipient died before developing variant CJD but was found to be infected following a post-mortem examination.

It's not certain whether the blood transfusion was the cause of the infection, as those involved could have contracted variant CJD through dietary sources.

Nevertheless, steps were taken to minimise the risk of the blood supply becoming contaminated.

These steps include:

not allowing people potentially at risk from CJD to donate blood, tissue or organs (including eggs and sperm for fertility treatments)

not accepting donations from people who have received a blood transfusion in the UK since 1980

removing white blood cells, which may carry the greatest risk of transmitting CJD, from all blood used for transfusions"

So it looks like nobody who has had a blood transfusion since 1980 is allowed to donate. 

So they import blood when they need to ensure a good stock level of different types.

Online RandomGuy99

And

"The UK imports plasma to treat people born after 1 January 1996 as part of measures that were brought in to prevent the spread of CJD - a disease caused by consuming meat infected with BSE or "mad cow disease".

It was considered that people born after that time would not have been exposed to the disease through the food supply chain and so extra precautions should be taken to prevent them being exposed through blood products.

Those born before that time who require plasma will be treated with UK donations."
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 10:53:34 pm by RandomGuy99 »

Offline JJ72

This definitely blew up a bit.

I was quite sure that donating was a no go when indulging in the hobby we share but couldn't quite find it on that site and thought it was strange.
Turns out, it was on there so that makes sense. I just couldn't find it  :dash:

This is becoming a little informative in a way. Though I do think that winky should probably stop donating given what's been said.

Cheers for the help all

Offline Doc Holliday

No, I'm getting it from the NHS website I linked to earlier.

But you’re not. You have read something which is correct but you have not fully understood and have then posted mistakes and inaccurate suppositions not based on those facts.

For example read your below post again and refer back to the content you have copied and pasted. Mistakes in red and inaccurate suppositions in blue

I think the rule is you can't donate if you had a blood transfusion before 1980 as there's a risk that you could have received contaminated blood.  I think since 1980 they've tested all UK blood for CJD and the food stock is constantly monitored for it too, so since 1980 the risk is significantly less.

Online RandomGuy99

But you’re not. You have read something which is correct but you have not fully understood and have then posted mistakes and inaccurate suppositions not based on those facts.

For example read your below post again and refer back to the content you have copied and pasted. Mistakes in red and inaccurate suppositions in blue
Yep and I corrected that in my posts above.

Thanks

Offline winkywanky

Thanks

You've misinterpreted important details (in a thread on an important issue) and then presented them as fact. You also seem to be lacking in basic logic in some of the things you've said.

Perhaps when you have it pointed out to to you, you could actually apologise for misleading people, and not just say 'yep, thanks' like it's unimportant.

Offline Doc Holliday

You didn't correct anything. You used the NHS copy and paste to support your previous posts (which I questioned) and which it did not actually support. When in a hole ....

Anyway I am done here. Blood transfusions are a highly complex subject as is CJD. The OP punting related question was answered correctly and fairly readily and then it went off at a tangent and one which has nothing to do with the sex industry.

Offline winkywanky

I hope you don't mean 'done here' in general? Please don't be a stranger to these threads Doc. Stuff needs debunking from time to time.

Offline Doc Holliday

I hope you don't mean 'done here' in general? Please don't be a stranger to these threads Doc. Stuff needs debunking from time to time.

I meant this thread  ;) .... although as I've said repeatedly punting forums are not the best place for healthcare topics. Too much paranoia and lack of honesty :)

Offline winkywanky

True.

But without 'educated involvement' rumour and bollocks can go unchallenged, and too many will cherry-pick from Google. It is the modern way unfortunately, and can give a very false impression without knowledgeable interpretation.

I do remember just a few weeks ago, a member here was incredulous that when he visited his GP about some issue, the GP checked something out online, I think via Google. He was talking as if the doctor didn't know any more than he did, why go to see a doctor if all he did was 'Google it'?  :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 11:59:48 am by winkywanky »

Offline PepeMAGA

Well you can test for CJD... But would have to remove the brain and section it in wax.
Probably not something they do routinely for blood donors  :lol:

Online RandomGuy99

Well you can test for CJD... But would have to remove the brain and section it in wax.
Probably not something they do routinely for blood donors  :lol:
Haha.  I think they're doing research on other tests that are less intrusive and not requiring the removal of the brain.

I think the standard UK post mortem includes removing the brain and one of the things they'll use the brain for is to test for CJD, so they can get a better view of the level of CJD in the UK population.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 01:28:01 pm by RandomGuy99 »

Offline Finbar1

Best bet is to get the app book for 3 moths time and be good  intill then .  A lot of people lie on the forms  bodybuilding guy's all lie on the form regarding injections ect . The NHS do Infate test the blood and let you know if its OK to be used.    Giving blood is good for health and I'd recommend it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 09:52:10 pm by Finbar1 »
Banned reason: Troll
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Laudanum

I do give blood fairly regularly, put my recent punting has been patchy to say the least. Only once did I lie and say I hadn't had sex with someone in the last 6 months who has ever received money for sex. Fortunately each time I have been fine and the blood has been donated successfully.

I wouldn't give blood if I had very recently punted. If you punt regularly I wouldn't risk it.