Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: The joys of STI testing  (Read 4245 times)

Offline Nagilum

No anal nor bareback sex took place - but I can't be certain that her vaginal fluids never came into contact with my glands.

I've done a fair bit of research online. Once symptoms start to die you should test positive for HIV which is why I'd like a test now.
95% of all people will show HIV positive after 28 days. The other 5% will show within the following 17 days.

I'd rather be 95% certain now - and retest in a few weeks - rather than worrying for the next couple of weeks.

Chance of getting HIV (as someone mentioned ) is 1 in 2500. They have that stat from the fact that for every 2500 tests that they conduct only one will show positive.

Thanks to everyone who has replied with your help and advice. I've ordered another postal kit and I'll test when I receive it

I have read all the posts. You did not have a HIV exposure. Here is what you need to understand. HIV is only contracted withing the confids of the body, worrying that vaginal fluid has touched your glands is not a HIV risk. The virus cannot infect you outside the body because of its fragile nature.

Provided you wore the condom during sex you are  fine. Now move on with your life, there is no need to even test.

Offline JontyR

there is no need to even test.

beyond the fact we should all be getting tested regularly

Offline Nagilum

beyond the fact we should all be getting tested regularly

Yes, I mean't in this instance specifically for what he is anxious over.

Personally, I go for a test every 6 months.  :hi:

Offline fed24

Mate, there is no chance, no fucking chance you contracted HIV. It is very unlikely the lady has HIV, and even if she has the chances of it being passed from female to male is almost nil.

Here are the stats:

1% of female sex workers in London have HIV (External Link/Members Only.)
Chance of male contracting HIV from infected female is 0.042% (1 in 2380) (External Link/Members Only)
Chance of male contracting HIV from infected female with undetectable viral load is 0% (External Link/Members Only)

I concur, actually you have a far greater chance of catching other STI than HIV as a straight male having protected sex where a condom splits etc.

I remember over ten years ago I was experiencing some ongoing bowl issues, I worked myself into a real ball of stress doom searching on Google. This led me to conclude I had either Cancer or HIV. Eventually I worked up the courage to go to a Gum clinic in London whilst on a business trip which offered walk-up tests. Eventually I was taken to a side room where a fairly unimpressed nurse gave me an HIV test, she could tell I was really worried and pressed if I had had unprotected sex which I conformed had not been the case. I had only had protected sex albeit had a condom break a couple of times hence my worry. The test came back negative much to my intense relief, I then got a fairly stern talking to by the nurse where she explained that a straight heterosexual man having unprotected vaginal sex has incredibly low chance of getting HIV...the chance statistically is in the thousands if not millions to 1. Years later I queried this with a doctor who works in such things and he confirmed that, the problem is they don't advertise that fact because it would cause people to take far greater risks with unprotected sex and cause an increase in other STI in the general population. The people who are greatest risk are those having unprotected anal sex where there is a great risk of damage to soft tissue that leads to blood on blood/sexual fluids contact. Which is why it went through the Gay community were greatly affected by the HIV epidemic of the 80s and 90s. Things have changed now with the invention of PrEP which prevents you getting infected with HIV in the first place. PrEP has been so effective that in the Western world HIV has all been eliminated allowing Gay men to give blood again at donor centres. Sadly in Africa and the 3rd world HIV is still rampant due to poor education and religious interference from organisations like the Catholic church!

External Link/Members Only

I did then go to a doctor and had bloods taken to check for cancer etc...nothing came up! With the relief of that the symptoms with my bowls cleared up...it was all psychosomatic. Which just shows the power of the mind to affect your health and wellbeing!

As a punter you need to take protection seriously as there are many nasty STI out there but HIV is once of the lesser ones to concern yourself with these days!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 02:47:05 pm by fed24 »

Offline Omadon2001

I had a punt 31 days ago. Last weekend I got the chills, muscle aches and fatigue - that's smack bang in the middle of the window for HIV to show the symptoms that I have.

I ordered a test from Superdrug online doctors and paid for next day delivery to my local post office to collect there. It took Royal Mail 48 hours to deliver it.

So yesterday I went to the post office to collect said parcel. They couldn't find it. It transpires that the postie had delivered it to a nearby car rental company. The rental company opened it, wondered what it was and binned it.

Now I'm in an argument with superdrug - who have proof of delivery (the postie took a photo of the car rentals post box) and royal mail.

So I decided this morning to phone my local gum clinic. I told them my concerns but they won't see me until 48 days after the incident. Even then they suggested I get a kit posted out (not an option).

So in the meantime I'm at my wit's end and feeling like shit worried about having HIV  :angry:

So....I posted my blood sample off on Monday.

I've had chills, muscle aches and a sore throat.

I took the blood sample 35 days after the encounter. They reckon you need to wait 45 days to be absolutely certain. However, reading up on HIV, 97% of infections will occur within the 35 days that I allowed.

I also realised that I had cut myself whilst trimming my pubes on the morning of the encounter - another worry.

Anyway, I've just had the results back. I'm negative. So I'm 97% certain that I don't have HIV and all the symptoms are due to something else. I'm going to retest in a couple of weeks to be certain

Online jamiekinkxxx

Offline RandomGuy99

Phew!!

I think there's some strange flu like virus around. I felt a bit ick for about 3 or 4 days and then recovered and no problems since.

Offline PumpDump

Phew!!

I think there's some strange flu like virus around. I felt a bit ick for about 3 or 4 days and then recovered and no problems since.

The flu previously known as Covid 😂

Offline RandomGuy99

I did two COVID tests over 4 days and both were negative  :unknown:

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Are you totally stupid or do you post just to be antagonistic.

Offline RandomGuy99

Well it is true that there's a bit of a COVID19 spike going on, which is why I decided to do 2 tests over 4 days and all were negative. Last time I got COVID19 my first test showed negative even though I was unwell. Retested 2 days later and I was positive and stayed positive for 10 days.

I STI tested and also negative

Must have been some other kind of virus.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
Well it is true that there's a bit of a COVID19 spike going on, which is why I decided to do 2 tests over 4 days and all were negative. Last time I got COVID19 my first test showed negative even though I was unwell. Retested 2 days later and I was positive and stayed positive for 10 days.

I STI tested and also negative

Must have been some other kind of virus.
I wasn't talking to you so i don't know why you want to get involved? I was asking PumpDump about his "The flu previously known as Covid" comment which apart from being totally inaccurate has nothing to do with this thread.

You need to read the quote as well as the reply, that indicates who the reply is aimed at.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 12:28:27 am by daviemac »

Offline PumpDump

Is this a rhetorical question or do you actually want a reply?  :unknown:

It was a joke mate.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
Is this a rhetorical question or do you actually want a reply?  :unknown:

It was a joke mate.
Rhetorical question, I already know the answer. If we get a post report we respond to it.