Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Home STI Kit vs GUM Clinic  (Read 1448 times)

DigitalFingers

Are there any recommendations for alternatives to the quite hefty £85 Confidante piss in a pot test or the super awkward hanging around the office of applause.

Offline winkywanky

I think trying to test yourself (is there even a 'kit' available?) sounds pretty ridiculous. Even if one were available, there's no way it would be nearly as effective as a proper consultation and test in a real clinic.

Simply put, if you have the balls to go see a prostitute, have the balls to go get yourself checked.

It's free on the NHS, and if you're anywhere near London, try Dean St. Express. All your results back the same day (as well as good advice for free).

DigitalFingers

I appreciate the frankness of your reply, I was more chasing alternatives to the kit.

Is a kit even available

Yes:
External Link/Members Only

vw

Just go to the gum clinic.

Home brings its own risks

Card statements

Kit arriving in post must be in to receive

Results arrive in post

More risky than a round of applause in my opinion.

Offline winkywanky

That kit doesn't contain a test for HIV (that'll be because this needs a blood sample).

GUM Clinic. EVERY TIME.

Offline claretandblue

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere miles from a gum clinic it's clinic everytime

Offline jawill

The home test kits are just as good as what you get in a nhs clinic. They use the same test equipment, just done in a private lab, usually Doctors laboratory in London which is a very highly regarded test centre and where all the London clinics send their samples.

With regards the tests, the combined urine testate for gon and chlamydia are fine. Piss in a pot firest thing in the morning,  pop it in post, results within 2 days.

Hiv test - the oral swob ones are not very good in terms of accuracy. The blood ones are better which test after 28 days by detecting antibodies or p24 antigen.

Have look at better2know website as their prices are pretty good for home tests.

However..... what you don't get in a home test kit is the professional advice, free service, or treatment if something is detected.  Plus,  many nhs clinics have small laboratories within and can take a swob and tell there and then if you have a bacterial infection.

So it's up to you. I've used home test kits in the past and had no problems provided you follow the instructions. 

SirFrank

I can personally recommend the magic 8 ball for such issues

External Link/Members Only

You do however have to ask it a yes no answer - ie will my cock turn green and drop off. It's free but the accuracy of this is much less than a GUM clinic. My own personal research indicates that a simple closed question is correct 50% of the time but I personally like those odds. 5 years of medical school to tell you whether you've got foot and mouth? Fuck that shit

Offline LanceVance

It's a no brainer - GUM Clinic.

SirFrank

What did you decide to do in the end? I took the pleasure of asking the magic 8 ball if you had a dose and it said no. I'd take that as gospel if I were you and stop worrying

Offline superchamp

OK, so you've got the kit, pissed in the pot, sent it off, and the results come back positive - you've got an STI. Then what? Off to the GUM clinic which you should have done in the first place.

DigitalFingers

Yup,  superchamp that is one possibility :hi:... The other is so far results clear, no trip to the less than discrete area of my nearest Wrigleys(tm) [other chewy brands available].

I appreciate the advice, however... My question was specifically for alternative home kits.

domino131

I'm certain you can get a home testing kit for free.  I walk past a clinic sometimes that says something about it in the window.  If I see it again I'll make a note of what it is.

Offline winkywanky

...what, they're outsourcing it to the patients now?  :rolleyes:

SirFrank

I'd say another 5 years of the Tories and the magic 8ball may well be our only option

LL

Maybe the OP is suffering from agoraphobia and never leaves the house!
I'd check his reviews to see whether all of his punts are out calls (to his home) but, oh look - he hasn't posted any!
And people come here expecting genuine help and assistance when they don't bother posting any reviews. I said it before - it's like James999 reaching out to the membership for help and advice :D

Quesadilla

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere miles from a gum clinic it's clinic everytime

+1 - this is what you pay your National Insurance contributions for!  :drinks:

Marmite

Absolutely, sometimes what is said at a Gum clinic can be as important as what's done.

Offline claretandblue

Absolutely, sometimes what is said at a Gum clinic can be as important as what's done.
Yes good point, the staff I have seen in London are normally very friendly too