Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Punting Phone that is also a Power Bank (aka excuse to have it)  (Read 737 times)

Offline agcnospam

Hi gents

I saw an advert for this phone online, this is a very basic handset but has the added attraction of also acting as a power bank for other devices. So for those who may be nervous about getting caught with a punting phone (by OH for example), this seems to offer a ready-made excuse for owning it (i.e. the power bank).

External Link/Members Only

You can get this on ebay, Amazon etc for around £35. Could be pretty useful for some on here I reckon.

Offline Bigwilts

Hi gents

I saw an advert for this phone online, this is a very basic handset but has the added attraction of also acting as a power bank for other devices. So for those who may be nervous about getting caught with a punting phone (by OH for example), this seems to offer a ready-made excuse for owning it (i.e. the power bank).

External Link/Members Only

You can get this on ebay, Amazon etc for around £35. Could be pretty useful for some on here I reckon.
The charger function is just because of the type of cable, the majority of phones are capable of charging a connected device if the right cable is used (pretty much a reversable 2 way power cable.

It would be a poor excuse to justify having a phone to act as a charger, especially as it costs more than an equivalent powerbank
If you need to justify the second phone then a better excuse needs to be thought up first

Offline agcnospam

The charger function is just because of the type of cable, the majority of phones are capable of charging a connected device if the right cable is used (pretty much a reversable 2 way power cable.

It would be a poor excuse to justify having a phone to act as a charger, especially as it costs more than an equivalent powerbank
If you need to justify the second phone then a better excuse needs to be thought up first

I disagree, the basic crapness of the phone and the fact it's actively advertised as having the charging function makes it easier to explain away. Much easier to justify than either a standard burner phone, or a second smartphone, in my opinion. Unless you have a better alternative/excuse? Other than simply being single!

Offline pewpewpew

Well no I agree that using a phone as a power bank instead of a power bank is suspicious as shit. What do you say when the missus asks why you didn't pay £25 less for a normal power bank?

Offline agcnospam

Well no I agree that using a phone as a power bank instead of a power bank is suspicious as shit. What do you say when the missus asks why you didn't pay £25 less for a normal power bank?

I'd imagine I'd say it was a power bank that could be used as a phone (in an emergency). I don't think that spending £25 extra would be a big issue for some people (but may be for others) - certainly wouldn't be for me.

I guess other punters can decide if they want to use this option or not - as per my question above, if you have a better excuse for holding a second/punting phone (that is not also advertised as a power bank), please feel free to share it.

Offline Bigwilts

I'd imagine I'd say it was a power bank that could be used as a phone (in an emergency). I don't think that spending £25 extra would be a big issue for some people (but may be for others) - certainly wouldn't be for me.

I guess other punters can decide if they want to use this option or not - as per my question above, if you have a better excuse for holding a second/punting phone (that is not also advertised as a power bank), please feel free to share it.
An emergency phone is more convincing, an emergency phone to use as a powerbank sounds like clutching straws for an excuse

Offline Marmalade

It also looks like a phone.  :rolleyes:

Using it as an excuse would be like saying the dirty stranger’s knickers found under the bed “can also be used as a duster!  #%¥!”.  :hi:

An “emergency phone” for “when your smartphone’s battery goes dead” would be a better excuse. The emergency phone will have some godforsaken unguessable password for safety that you have conveniently forgotten if asked. Easy enough happens, doesn’t it...

Naturally any clever ideas on here though, don’t you know, are read by the mumsnet feminazis and used in their “warnings” to non-techie housewives. I expect P*a*r*i*s*B is reading this post. Either that or she and her likes thought of it already. (Don’t worry. Just a friendly reminder that nothing on here is particularly private.)

Chromedome

Other than my 1st ever mobile , circa 1995ish ??? , I've never  actually bought a phone.  Since thereafter being on contract every 12 / 18 months there has  been an upgrade. My house and car are littered with old phones.  An extra phone kicking about hardly  seems a problem unless your an  eco , recycle, warrior.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 08:35:31 pm by Chromedome »

Offline HarryZZ

The power bank thing seems okay, answers the "what's that for ?" question.

The next day, waiting for a silent text, "my phone's battery is nearly out, can I borrow your fancy charger thing?"

Oops!