Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Hushed 2nd Phone Number App  (Read 2634 times)

Offline SheffieldGasMan

Just read a post about an SP who threatens to put numbers on ugly mugs.
I’ve started using an App called Hushed. It gives you a second phone number on your phone. £2 for 20 mins and 40 texts. Easy way to keep yourself anonymous and give you an easy extra punting number. It’s easy to ditch it and replace with a new number as you see fit. Thought I’d share  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 11:38:12 am by SheffieldGasMan »

Offline Tankengine48

Thanks for sharing.  Useful info. :drinks:

Offline JoeDina

Just read a post about an SP who threatens to put numbers on ugly mugs.
I’ve started using an App called Hushed. It gives you a second phone number on your phone. £2 for 20 mins and 40 texts. Easy way to keep yourself anonymous and give you an easy extra punting number. It’s easy to ditch it and replace with a new number as you see fit. Thought I’d share  :thumbsup:

Very useful.. thank you for sharing.

Offline dfg

Thanks. Do you know if it interacts with your social media accounts at all?

I assume not, but have heard of people getting WGs as friend recommendations in some instances where two numbers are used on the same phone. Thanks.

Offline SheffieldGasMan

Thanks. Do you know if it interacts with your social media accounts at all?

I assume not, but have heard of people getting WGs as friend recommendations in some instances where two numbers are used on the same phone. Thanks.

I assume not. There’s no obvious link between the “hushed” number and ur personal number. It’s a disposable phone number. Any trouble then just get a new number rather than renewing existing number

Offline Prince Larry

App called txt me on Android/Apple stores.

Install it, chose not to sync contacts then you watch a few ads and get free credits. 1 credit is 1 txt or 1 minute for calls.

Offline geordie35

Hushed is a good alternative to a second phone. My android phone has 2 profiles one for normal and for this, where I also have hushed installed on with a number. Can even use the hushed number to setup a second WhatsApp account totally separate from normal.

Offline Strada79

Hushed is a good alternative to a second phone. My android phone has 2 profiles one for normal and for this, where I also have hushed installed on with a number. Can even use the hushed number to setup a second WhatsApp account totally separate from normal.

How do you manage that? I’ve been trying to set up the second WhatsApp to no avail. Tried googling it but fuck all made sense. Showing my age with my technological incompetence.

Offline Fat Bob

:hi: Hushed sounds like a really good idea, for me anyway. But how do I pay for this without it showing up on my bank/card statement, as I understand that it is not a free service?

Offline geordie35

How do you manage that? I’ve been trying to set up the second WhatsApp to no avail. Tried googling it but fuck all made sense. Showing my age with my technological incompetence.
Hushed gives you a mobile number, so I created a new WhatsApp account using that number. Even if the number expires, you get to keep the WhatsApp account. Occasionally it asks you to verify it, but what I do is close the App down and restart it, and it seems to forget to ask again for a while.

Offline geordie35

:hi: Hushed sounds like a really good idea, for me anyway. But how do I pay for this without it showing up on my bank/card statement, as I understand that it is not a free service?
On my alternative Android profile I registered my own private bank card OH doens't know about (no statements etc.). So I pay for Hushed through Google App Store using that. Think you can register pre-paid cards for this at supermarkets which credit your Google account if you'd rather not use a debit card.

Offline Likeateddybear

I use hushed it's great for texts etc. Unfortunately I've noticed recently that calls though can have a slight delay that can make some ladies suspicious about the call.

Offline geordie35

I use hushed it's great for texts etc. Unfortunately I've noticed recently that calls though can have a slight delay that can make some ladies suspicious about the call.
I've had that issue sometimes too, think it may be down to 4G signal strength, other times have been fine, though I've used it mainly for texts too.

Offline Bond

Some phones have a functionality called Dual Messenger which lets you install a second instance of WhatsApp. Alternatively you can install an app called Parallel Space and install another WhatsApp instance inside it. Finally, possibly the simplest option, you can install WhatsApp Business.

Offline mightymunce

Anyone know an alternative to hushed- not very impressed by them

Offline vindici

Anyone know an alternative to hushed- not very impressed by them

Would be helpful to know what you don't like with Hushed, otherwise it's hard to recommend an alternative that suits.

Offline JimmySW

I use "Another Number" on Iphone with the WA business app, all on my regular phone, you can switch "Do not disturb" on and remove notifications so that it's totally silent until you want to use it.

Offline winkywanky

Something worth knowing I feel: does Hushed spoof an existing number? Or does it use numbers not already in use?

If the former then I think that would be incredibly unethical (not to mention dangerous for the real owner of the number).

Offline Home Alone

Good question, ww.

I was put off by the thought that I'd have to make up a number beginning with 07, followed by nine random digits. Another question which occurs to me is, if the Hushed app generates a number, is that number then withdrawn from the millions of numbers yet to be allocated to an actual phone? :unknown:

I guess it must do other the scenario you outlined of a non-punting mobile phone-owner getting a number that Hushed is using on, say, my phone would still exist.

Offline geordie35

Something worth knowing I feel: does Hushed spoof an existing number? Or does it use numbers not already in use?

If the former then I think that would be incredibly unethical (not to mention dangerous for the real owner of the number).
To my knowledge it uses numbers not in use. No spoofing. It gives a list of numbers to choose from too, so no need to make them up either.

Offline geordie35

Good question, ww.

I was put off by the thought that I'd have to make up a number beginning with 07, followed by nine random digits. Another question which occurs to me is, if the Hushed app generates a number, is that number then withdrawn from the millions of numbers yet to be allocated to an actual phone? :unknown:

I guess it must do other the scenario you outlined of a non-punting mobile phone-owner getting a number that Hushed is using on, say, my phone would still exist.
Again I'm guessing here but I think the number is removed from the list on offer so no one else can use it for the time you use it. If you don't renew you ownership for that number and it expires , it is not always guaranteed you can renew the same number

Offline FunTimesYesPlease

App called txt me on Android/Apple stores.

Install it, chose not to sync contacts then you watch a few ads and get free credits. 1 credit is 1 txt or 1 minute for calls.

nice will give it a try. Thanks

Offline Home Alone

Again I'm guessing here but I think the number is removed from the list on offer so no one else can use it for the time you use it. If you don't renew you ownership for that number and it expires , it is not always guaranteed you can renew the same number

Thanks, @geordie35; that's enough to settle my mind.