Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Strange AW Profile Name Issue  (Read 977 times)

Offline hairdownthere

Hi All

I messaged an SP this morning re availability and she responded asking me about what appears to be other user names linked to my own.  I've only ever had one user name, never changed it.

Has anyone else encountered this?  I've raised it with AW

Offline Blackpool Rock

Are you doing it using a shared internet connection in which case I believe the IP address would be the same meaning someone else using the connection is already an AW member  :unknown:

Perhaps it's your dad / son / wife / daughter  :scare:

Offline hairdownthere

Are you doing it using a shared internet connection in which case I believe the IP address would be the same meaning someone else using the connection is already an AW member  :unknown:

Perhaps it's your dad / son / wife / daughter  :scare:

I live alone and my internet connection (router password etc) is secure, unless my 70+ female neighbours either side of me are whoring themselves out!!!

Online southcoastpunter

Have you helped anyone (SP or SS) set up their AW account? that can sometimes "link" accounts - especially if done from your pc/laptop etc.

Offline hairdownthere

Have you helped anyone (SP or SS) set up their AW account? that can sometimes "link" accounts - especially if done from your pc/laptop etc.

No, nothing like that at all, no one else uses my devices, or has access

Offline Plan R

and she responded asking me about what appears to be other user names linked to my own.  I've only ever had one user name, never changed it.

How technical is the SP being though ?
Maybe she has had a hard time (in person or persistent harassing comms) from a punter with a username somewhat similar to yours ?
making her think you're some one else..
Some weirdos won't take no for an answer, as in if a SP doesn't want to see them, they change username and try to resume contact
 :crazy:

Offline akauya

Maybe she has had a hard time (in person or persistent harassing comms) from a punter with a username somewhat similar to yours ?
Some weirdos won't take no for an answer, as in if a SP doesn't want to see them, they change username and try to resume contact

I agree. I'd think this is more likely the case e.g. MrBigDick99 looks similar to MrBigDick989

It helps to be creative with your username - not just in punting.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Yes I guess she could have a problem punter / stalker etc so she's just asking everyone the same question in the hope it puts the stalker off as he'd know he'd been rumbled  :unknown:

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider

I might be wrong but....

We as SPs haven't real access on AW to be technical,  if she is asking about other profiles that appear to be linked to his it is because his profile is showing a red number next to his name

If we click on that number it shows us a list of names aw suspect are linked.

I'm hopeless at uploading pics to here to show what I mean and can't pm so might not be able to explain better but will have a try shortly

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider
So this is all we get,  for some reason the number is no longer red but if we click on it we get this

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline LLPunting

So this is all we get,  for some reason the number is no longer red but if we click on it we get this

Thanks for this intriguing revelation.  AW being opaque about the basis for their accusation is pretty abysmal. 

Online southcoastpunter

Thanks for this intriguing revelation.  AW being opaque about the basis for their accusation is pretty abysmal.

its been like that for quite a long time. About 4 or 5 years ago i helped a WG regular who retired set up a new account when she returned and,  about the same sort of time, also a Chinese WG write a "better" AW profile. As i was daft enough to do it from my home laptop (they gave me their details) I then had that issue - my AW profile said i had 2 "alias". Aw picked it up from my IP address (or from cookies on my laptop).

I think they (the alias's)  dropped off my profile after about 2 years.

Offline hairdownthere

I agree. I'd think this is more likely the case e.g. MrBigDick99 looks similar to MrBigDick989

It helps to be creative with your username - not just in punting.

The SP sent me the other profile names, and they are nothing like mine! 

No response from AW yet

Offline hairdownthere

The SP sent me the other profile names, and they are nothing like mine! 

No response from AW yet

Adultwork have responded and advised me to register a new account as they cant remove links to other profile names.  Lovely.

Offline Camargue

No, nothing like that at all, no one else uses my devices, or has access
Have you used a device to access AW on someone else's shared Wi-Fi - like a hotel or cafe?

Offline hairdownthere

Have you used a device to access AW on someone else's shared Wi-Fi - like a hotel or cafe?

No, nothing like that, I only login to AW at home.

I'll set up a new profile, shame to lose feedback going back 14 years or so, I know AW feedback is a lot of nonsense, but some SP's wont meet anyone without it

Online southcoastpunter

Have you still got access to your old account?

As mentioned in reply number 11, i had something similar a few years ago - i put an explanation on my AW profile and never had any problem seeing WG's. But I did have (at the time) 20 or 30 all positive feedbacks which obviously helped.

Offline Blackpool Rock

No, nothing like that, I only login to AW at home.

I'll set up a new profile, shame to lose feedback going back 14 years or so, I know AW feedback is a lot of nonsense, but some SP's wont meet anyone without it
But surely setting up a new AW account using the same IP will then link your new and old AW accounts plus this bogus one so it will be even worse  :unknown:

Offline hairdownthere

But surely setting up a new AW account using the same IP will then link your new and old AW accounts plus this bogus one so it will be even worse  :unknown:

Thats what I was thinking too!  I've gone with a previous suggestion to put a note in my profile details to explain the situation, see how I get on with it

Offline Blackpool Rock

Thats what I was thinking too!  I've gone with a previous suggestion to put a note in my profile details to explain the situation, see how I get on with it
Yeah it's only going to be an issue if girls want to see your AW profile to decide if they want to see you or not anyway, in the meantime if you do punts girls who like to exchange feedback then take the opportunity to get some recent positive feedback as this should help to demonstrate you are OK

Offline Hobbit

Hi All

I messaged an SP this morning re availability and she responded asking me about what appears to be other user names linked to my own.  I've only ever had one user name, never changed it.

Has anyone else encountered this?  I've raised it with AW

These names are aliases that SP's can see. This means that you have created multiple accounts on AW using the same ISP.

Offline Moby Dick

Do you see the punters “stats” regardless of having a red number / alias’?
Logging history, number of emails, and number of bookings clearly good (* edit: albeit limited) intel to weed out time wasters.
The example shows on average he sends 30emails to secure one booking (doesn’t show how many different SPs he is emailing)

* Edit : doesn’t show he could email and then not use the booking system.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 08:58:20 am by Moby Dick »

Offline SeekingSteve

This can be caused by ISP's most do not use static addresses for consumer lines and periodically your external IP can change.
You may end up with one that has been used by a punter before, the odds must be massive given the number of addresses out there.

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider
Do you see the punters “stats” regardless of having a red number / alias’?
Logging history, number of emails, and number of bookings clearly good (* edit: albeit limited) intel to weed out time wasters.
The example shows on average he sends 30emails to secure one booking (doesn’t show how many different SPs he is emailing)

* Edit : doesn’t show he could email and then not use the booking system.

No I can't find a way to see stats if it has no duplicate