Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Cobden Hotel Hagley Road £100 parking  (Read 1420 times)

Offline KidCandyShop

Went to the Cobden Hotel for a meet, car park full and only space had a van taking up most of two spaces so squeezed my car in but was sticking out of parking bay but not obstructing in any way, came back and jumped into car and did not notice until I'd driven off a parking ticket for £100.

This hotel is used by a few Wg's so be careful how you park. They have no chance of collecting from me as they have no proof of who was driving, however I am expecting demanding letters to be dropping through my letterbox. so punters beware.

Offline Jake Sins

Bloody Hell! That's more expensive than some punts I have had!

Online The_Don

Bloody Hell! That's more expensive than some punts I have had!

Indeed

Offline Murphy54

Went to the Cobden Hotel for a meet, car park full and only space had a van taking up most of two spaces so squeezed my car in but was sticking out of parking bay but not obstructing in any way, came back and jumped into car and did not notice until I'd driven off a parking ticket for £100.

This hotel is used by a few Wg's so be careful how you park. They have no chance of collecting from me as they have no proof of who was driving, however I am expecting demanding letters to be dropping through my letterbox. so punters beware.

The fine isn't enforceable it's basically an invoice for payment. Just throw them in the bin until they give up. It's not worth their while taking you to court for payment. It's the same with supermarket car parking if you over stay their limit. As lost as you don't have a better half who will want to know why you were there of course. If you do better to pay it

Offline KidCandyShop

Like I said they would not be getting the money from me, but I am trying to think of a good reason why I was there.

yorkshire123

Like I said they would not be getting the money from me, but I am trying to think of a good reason why I was there.

Emergency toilet stop has worked for me in the past

Offline KidCandyShop

Emergency toilet stop has worked for me in the past
Good call.  :drinks:

Offline Taggart

The fine isn't enforceable it's basically an invoice for payment. Just throw them in the bin until they give up. It's not worth their while taking you to court for payment. It's the same with supermarket car parking if you over stay their limit. As lost as you don't have a better half who will want to know why you were there of course. If you do better to pay it

Chuckman

Didn't know that, thanks for the info.

Online The_Don

Actually, that used to be the case. In April there was a High Court ruling amd the 'fines' are now enforceable - External Link/Members Only

Not good news.

Indeed, I've been done a few times (parking fine wise).

I look up an area on a profile to get a basic travel time and then add 50%.

Google is a friend in this case, once I have the post code I will look it up. Google maps and local council parking zones. Takes less than 5 mins in most case and is worth doing to avoid a fine (of £60 + to me). I tend not to park to close to the location I punt at. Unless I've been there before but I still allow a little distance for walk from car. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 02:12:57 pm by The_Don »

tnalove

Actually, that used to be the case. In April there was a High Court ruling amd the 'fines' are now enforceable - External Link/Members Only

Not good news.

Very bad news. At the least I think a place where penalising parkers is introduced ought to have to be very very clearly signed so people have a chance to notice. I've been caught twice but not noticing anything signs/cameras had been added to a routine parking area.

Is it right that the owner now always has to identify the driver or is that just for council/police contraventions?