Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Thailand Advice  (Read 3839 times)

geek_lover

I realise there are many Thailand Veterans on this site and I feel this is something I need to get off my bucket list.  Obviously I want all the punting related fun but I also want to combine this with some touristy action of exploring the sights and cultures.

I would like to know the best months and locations and if they offer value for money.  I would rather not go during monsoon season but not necessarily during peak season.

Any advice welcome, I may also look to combine this with a few days in HK as I experienced a lot there in May and am itching to go back.

Offline Jerboa

Ok before Jimmy comes on and tells you most Thai birds are pig ugly......  :hi:

You can go anytime of the year, but the main wet season in the north including Bangkok is July to October, November to March is cooler and April to June is hotter. Though the South is different
They have two seasons, of hot or wet.
External Link/Members Only

If I was you I'd go in May, it's still not to hot, and not peak season, go to Bangkok for a few days, do the tourists sights during the day, like the Grand palace, with some bargirls at night, then get the bus to Pattaya, 10-14 days should be plenty to scratch the surface of Patts. Los is still VFM, even if the baht is still at 50 to £1, but as a newbie I expect you might spend more, than someone who's been many times, no a taxi from airport to bkk isn't 800 baht.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Most Thai girls are pig ugly -------------- don't take my word for it, check You-Tube.

Whatever you do avoid Songkran, it is hell on earth.     :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Offline Vivago

Whatever you do avoid Songkran, it is hell on earth.     :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Yes, mid April is probably a bad time for grumpy old gits to be in Thailand.  Everyone else will have a ball. Only in Pattaya does Songkran become a bit of a pain, mainly because it goes on for nearly a week (2-3 days everywhere else) and the presence of lots of pissed-up falangs, means that everyone gets a soaking, no matter that you have just stepped out of a taxi from the airport dressed in an Armani suit. Outside of tourist areas and even in Bangkok, an adult Thai would never dream of giving you a dousing if you are not dressed for water sports (but watch out for young kids) and so you can go about your business relatively unmolested. Unless you get caught in crossfire. :scare:
Banned reason: For taking the piss after being advised
Banned by: Head1

Offline Stickitin

Just avoid the main mid Dec-mid jan peak season. In all honestly I wouldn't worry about the rain too much it tends to piss down hard for an hour max mostly then stops, it's not like here where it pisses down all day. In all honestly I've found the quieter May-October period really good as there are less punters and the girls are more keen!

Don't necessarily just restrict yourself to Patts either, there's a lot of nice places in Thailand where you can mix a bit of shagging with great tourist things to see and do.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Yes, mid April is probably a bad time for grumpy old gits to be in Thailand.  Everyone else will have a ball.

That would depend on your definition of "having a ball".

If you like the thought of being doused in water for days on end then you will certainly have a ball.  :rolleyes:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Yes, mid April is probably a bad time for grumpy old gits to be in Thailand.  Everyone else will have a ball.

I could suffer Songkran if it lasted 24 hours, in Pattaya it lasts all week, day and night there is no let up, you WILL be forced to take part whether you like it or not ------------- not my idea of "having a ball".    :rolleyes:

Offline Vivago

Yes, we heard you first time. The 24/7 party that is Songkran in Pattaya is not your scene.

What is your idea of 'having a ball' in Pattaya? Stomping up and down Beach Road muttering 'skank, skank, all skanks', before retiring to your boudoir, popping your slippers on and having a nice cup of cocoa? :sarcastic:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Yes, we heard you first time. The 24/7 party that is Songkran in Pattaya is not your scene.

Songkran must be wonderful if you are 8 years old or have learning difficulties ------------ apart from that my advice is AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.        :hi: :hi: :hi:

Offline Vivago

Songkran must be wonderful if you are 8 years old or have learning difficulties

Yeah, that about covers 90% of the single, white male travellers to Pattaya. The other 10% must be the grumpy old twats who go there on skank watching holidays. :sarcastic:

geek_lover

Thanks guys for the advice.  Some really useful advice here as it appears I am not too limited by the month which is better than first thought.  I dint need it too hot, just didn't want it too rainy, but if it only comes down for an hour or so then I can live with that.

Jimmy all Thai women may be ugly, but I don't genuinely get hung up too much on the face anyway.  As mentioned it's kind of a bucket list trip and will throw in a bit of punting as well (perhaps a lot more than a little at the prices you guys have mentioned in other threads!).  I do however highly value the advice on Songkran, I don't think I would enjoy this atmosphere much.

Is it easy to get between the 2-3 main cities (Bangkok, Pattaya and the other one that the name escapes me) or is a long period required in each to enjoy it?  I was looking at around 14 days max for the trip?

Is there a certain star rating on hotels that you wouldn't drop below?

Offline Jimmyredcab

Is it easy to get between the 2-3 main cities (Bangkok, Pattaya and the other one that the name escapes me) or is a long period required in each to enjoy it?  I was looking at around 14 days max for the trip?

Bangkok to Pattaya is roughly an hour by taxi, cost will be around £30 --------------- if you are a Cheap Charlie you can get a bus for a few quid.

14 days is enough to give you a taster of Thailand, I would say 4 days in Bangkok followed by 10 days in Pattaya ------- but that is for you to decide.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Is there a certain star rating on hotels that you wouldn't drop below?

Personally I tend to go for 3 star hotels priced around £40-£50  ----------- I like the newer hotels in a good location, you can find hotels for much less if you are not too fussy.

This is where I stayed last year ---

geek_lover

Bangkok to Pattaya is roughly an hour by taxi, cost will be around £30 --------------- if you are a Cheap Charlie you can get a bus for a few quid.

14 days is enough to give you a taster of Thailand, I would say 4 days in Bangkok followed by 10 days in Pattaya ------- but that is for you to decide.

Thanks for that, plenty close enough for me and at £30 I wouldn't even dream of taking the bus.  I am careful with money yes, but not tight.  I can take a taster for now and if it is as good as it looks go back again another year.

geek_lover

Personally I tend to go for 3 star hotels priced around £40-£50  ----------- I like the newer hotels in a good location, you can find hotels for much less if you are not too fussy.

This is where I stayed last year ---

That sounds fine by me, cheers.  I also tend to like newer hotels.  My basic requirements are clean and good location.  The hotel you mention is it girl friendly?

Offline Jimmyredcab

That sounds fine by me, cheers.  I also tend to like newer hotels.  My basic requirements are clean and good location.  The hotel you mention is it girl friendly?

Yes, it is ------------------ all hotels will allow prostitutes to stay overnight but some will demand a fee which could be up to £20 a night.

geek_lover

Yes, it is ------------------ all hotels will allow prostitutes to stay overnight but some will demand a fee which could be up to £20 a night.

Does the one you mention charge?

Offline Jerboa

Je suis Cheap Charlie  :hi:

Thanks for that, plenty close enough for me and at £30 I wouldn't even dream of taking the bus.  I am careful with money yes, but not tight.  I can take a taster for now and if it is as good as it looks go back again another year.

If you're arriving at the airport late at night, and want to go straight to Patts then a taxi is the way to go, as the buses only run 7am-10pm, but good value at 134thb=£2.60 External Link/Members Only

Or Bell travel service also run buses every 2 hours from 8am to 6pm, and will drop you at your door for 230thb.

I do use taxis, the reason I like to use the bus, is not that I can't afford the taxi, but the bus is a lot safer, some taxi drivers drive crazy, the bus isn't much slower getting there, and I can meet some Thai birds on the bus.  ;)

See there, you're thinking with a western mentality, £30 is cheap in London, but it's a lot of money for a Thai, If you remember this, less likely you will be scammed, for that 30 quid I can get a clean aircon room with wi-fi and room safe for two nights, you can pay less for a room, but you don't have to pay £40+ a night, this is Thailand.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Does the one you mention charge?

No charge for overnight guest at Seamespring, most don't have a fee but it is best to check.

This site is useful -------------

rocky101

I had taken a cab from Bangkok to Pattaya, THE MOST HARROWING EXPERIENCE of my short life....I think the driver was on a lethal cocktail of lao khao & kraeting daeng. Since then, I have always used the Bell bus service cited above, they pick you up from your Bangkok hotel and drop you off at your Pattaya hotel. Its not about pinching a few quid, but about self-preservation and not becoming road-kill on the way.

For hotels, checkout Phachara Suites Bangkok (very close to Nana plaza) and View Talay 6 condos on 2nd road in Pattaya. But that's because I prefer an apartment as compared to a hotel. Both are safe with their own security. Seemespring and its sister hotel seemespringtoo both are nice and relatively new / well kept.

There's a dedicated forum : pattayaaddicts where you can source all information you desire.

Good luck!

rocky101

Oh and yes, don't fall in love with a GG. Been there, does not work. YMMV. :hi:

Offline Vivago

Over the years I've stayed in just about every area and class of hostelry that Pattaya has to offer from fleapits on Soi 6 and in the long stay wilderness beyond Second Road to the five star luxury of the new Hilton above Central Festival Mall. These days I insist on being as central as possible on the beach side. I like LK The Empress which is a four star hotel facing Beach Road and as central as it is possible to get although on my last trip I discovered an excellent brand new hotel on Soi 10 called The Stay which ticked just about every box and is a little cheaper than The Empress. Both are girl friendly with no joiner fee.

If you have the money and want a once in a lifetime experience, the way to get to Pattaya is on the Devils Den VIP bus. Haven't tried it myself yet but it sounds a blast and I might just push the boat out when I'm back in Pats in April. What better way to while away the boring highway trip than with a no-holes barred fuckfest with two lovely DD Imps. You only live once. :yahoo:

geek_lover

Over the years I've stayed in just about every area and class of hostelry that Pattaya has to offer from fleapits on Soi 6 and in the long stay wilderness beyond Second Road to the five star luxury of the new Hilton above Central Festival Mall. These days I insist on being as central as possible on the beach side. I like LK The Empress which is a four star hotel facing Beach Road and as central as it is possible to get although on my last trip I discovered an excellent brand new hotel on Soi 10 called The Stay which ticked just about every box and is a little cheaper than The Empress. Both are girl friendly with no joiner fee.

If you have the money and want a once in a lifetime experience, the way to get to Pattaya is on the Devils Den VIP bus. Haven't tried it myself yet but it sounds a blast and I might just push the boat out when I'm back in Pats in April. What better way to while away the boring highway trip than with a no-holes barred fuckfest with two lovely DD Imps. You only live once. :yahoo:

I may well do this Devils Den VIP bus, you only live once and who wouldn't want to feel like a rockstar for an hour?

geek_lover

Oh and yes, don't fall in love with a GG. Been there, does not work. YMMV. :hi:

No worries there, not sure the Mrs would approve of that....

geek_lover

I had taken a cab from Bangkok to Pattaya, THE MOST HARROWING EXPERIENCE of my short life....I think the driver was on a lethal cocktail of lao khao & kraeting daeng. Since then, I have always used the Bell bus service cited above, they pick you up from your Bangkok hotel and drop you off at your Pattaya hotel. Its not about pinching a few quid, but about self-preservation and not becoming road-kill on the way.

For hotels, checkout Phachara Suites Bangkok (very close to Nana plaza) and View Talay 6 condos on 2nd road in Pattaya. But that's because I prefer an apartment as compared to a hotel. Both are safe with their own security. Seemespring and its sister hotel seemespringtoo both are nice and relatively new / well kept.

There's a dedicated forum : pattayaaddicts where you can source all information you desire.

Good luck!

Well this certainly puts the bus in a whole new light, I have no desire to die just yet!

The Architect

Complete waste of money  :thumbsdown:

James999

Songkran must be wonderful if you are 8 years old or have learning difficulties

:lol:

Offline Stickitin

More than an hour, more like 90 mins to 2 hours even by car.

Gregorysboy

Forget taxis, you are less vulnerable to robbery on the Bell bus which is a fraction of the cost and is not far behind the taxi given the traffic chaos.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Forget taxis, you are less vulnerable to robbery on the Bell bus which is a fraction of the cost and is not far behind the taxi given the traffic chaos.

What is your source of information for that comment.    :unknown: :unknown: :unknown:

There is very little "traffic chaos" from the airport to Pattaya -------------- unless you go there during Songkran.   

Gregorysboy

Just my own experience Jimmy, I accept that yours may have been different, but thanks for mixing it.

James999

Just my own experience

So you've done the journey in cabs and had problems, and been on the bus a number of times and not had problems, and of course it would have to be numerous times on each method to draw the conclusion you made, otherwise whatever happened could have just been a one off.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Just my own experience Jimmy, I accept that yours may have been different, but thanks for mixing it.

Sad that you accuse me of "mixing it", why would I want to do that.

Just stating the FACTS.

Once you leave the airport you are soon on the toll road, unless there is an accident it should be a smooth drive into Pattaya, you may hit a bit of traffic on the final mile.

Offline nike

Sad that you accuse me of "mixing it", why would I want to do that.

Just stating the FACTS.

Once you leave the airport you are soon on the toll road, unless there is an accident it should be a smooth drive into Pattaya, you may hit a bit of traffic on the final mile.

I agree with u jimmy. I'm no expert and I have been only twice in the last three years but I didn't see any traffic chaos, but then again I might have just been lucky.   :timeout: