Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Why is Cambridge(shire) such a punting desert...?  (Read 941 times)

Offline Fuggedaboutit

7 SPs listed as "available today" in Cambridge(shire), as opposed to 16 in Norfolk (mainly Norwich). God knows how many in Colchester.

Even in non Covid times there's usually a dearth of any SPs of any note. Given there must be money sloshing around in terms of all the tech companies ("Silicon fen") and pharmaceutical companies, and given there's a really good rail connection to London, why do SPs seem to avoid this area like the plague? Do computer geeks and science nerds not fuck...?
Banned reason: Obsessed with discussing drugs despite previous temp ban
Banned by: daviemac

Online Milfman1112

Often wondered that myself, can only think that maybe accomodation costs are too high?

Offline Alwayswhoreney

I tend to be a repeat punter, and have got to know a few SP’s over the years well enough to have this discussion.
2 such SP’s stopped visiting Cambridge altogether just because they were getting a massive amount of no shows and time wasters - it was costing them money to sit in a hotel room on their own.
Whilst that is an occupational hazard everywhere, I’ve been told several times that it is particularly bad in Cambridge.

Offline adenmc4

I have always put it down to cost of visiting or maybe being so close to London people go there instead? I have no real evidence though.
I wonder if Oxford suffers from the same?

Offline HappyDaze

As for Cambridge itself, 20% of the usual population comprises of students, so this could be a factor atm.

Offline winkywanky

7 SPs listed as "available today" in Cambridge(shire), as opposed to 16 in Norfolk (mainly Norwich). God knows how many in Colchester.

Even in non Covid times there's usually a dearth of any SPs of any note. Given there must be money sloshing around in terms of all the tech companies ("Silicon fen") and pharmaceutical companies, and given there's a really good rail connection to London, why do SPs seem to avoid this area like the plague? Do computer geeks and science nerds not fuck...?

Perhaps it's due to the level of inbreeding, the more far-flung you get in East Anglia?

As for Cambridge, they're probably too busy fucking each other to care.

[PS all of that post is intended humorously, however ill-considered]

Offline Fuggedaboutit

I have always put it down to cost of visiting or maybe being so close to London people go there instead? I have no real evidence though.
I wonder if Oxford suffers from the same?

Well, surely that would also be the case with places in Hertfordshire such as Stevenage and Hatfield, which are even closer, but where there seems to be quite a good supply of SPs?

Offline Fuggedaboutit

Often wondered that myself, can only think that maybe accomodation costs are too high?

Possibly, but the ones who are here, usually Eastern European tend to charge less than English girls don't seem to have a problem.

Offline winkywanky

In the absence of any other reasons it must simply be a case of supply and demand?

Cambridge doesn't have the demand. A lot of people there are students, a lot are involved with the University, these are people who for various reasons don't want to visit a WG I guess?

There is perhaps an out of proportion of activity involving Chinese SPs, I don't know why that might be?

Offline adenmc4

Well, surely that would also be the case with places in Hertfordshire such as Stevenage and Hatfield, which are even closer, but where there seems to be quite a good supply of SPs?

Perhaps that is a reason; the catchment is low because there are many other areas with good SPs close by and not enough demand in town? I dunno

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Over time speaking to touring girls it seems a combination of not that much demand, and some time wasters included, and exorbient  accomodation costs. This was before  Covid and seems to have been that way for quite sometime. However as WW says ther is a decent Chinese SP population though they do come and go very rapidley so sometimes its a matter of pot luck as to who  you might see.

Many thanks to JAY2ZY for keeping us informed on their whereaboiuts and locations and if their up to much or not!..

Mind you all of East Anglia isn't that wonderfull inc Norwich and Ipswich, lower parts of Essex seem to  fare better as does mid herts..

Offline Fuggedaboutit

In the absence of any other reasons it must simply be a case of supply and demand?

Well, I’m demanding that the supply increases... ;) :lol:

The “arrangement” I’m in tends to centre around BDSM (which is fair enough given that’s why I was on that app...), but I really fancy a good old vanilla session....

Offline winkywanky

As stated earlier, why not try eating Chinese for a change?  ;)  :cool:

Offline Fuggedaboutit

However as WW says ther is a decent Chinese SP population though they do come and go very rapidley so sometimes its a matter of pot luck as to who  you might see.

I think it’s more indicative of just how many Chinese are in Cambridge generally. I think there’s about 5 restaurants at the bottom end of Regent Street that only seemed to have appeared in the last 2-3 years, all doing far more “traditional” stuff (tripe in chilli sauce, anyone..?) than longer established places. Always full (non lockdown, obvs) of Chinese. And it’s not just Chinese students they’re catering for. God knows.

Offline winkywanky

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some hidden link between the restaurants and the girls?

You might find your waitress looks strangely familar. In which case I can recommend a number 69 in hot sauce ;)

Offline Fuggedaboutit

As stated earlier, why not try eating Chinese for a change?  ;)  :cool:

Quite conservative in my tastes, to be honest. Chinese women just don’t appeal so much, unless they’re absolutely stunning

Offline winkywanky

I've had at least one punt with a Chinese girl in Cambridge, she was very sweet and sexy and very nice. Excellent service. But of course we all have our own tastes. But, me, I'll eat just about anything, apart from the tripe that is :vomit:.

Offline Fuggedaboutit

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some hidden link between the restaurants and the girls?

If memory serves (happy to be corrected) most people trafficking issues in Cambridge have involved the Chinese rather than Romanians.

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

I've found chinese girls to have a much better service attiude than most other are we allowed to say Races;!!

Offline winkywanky

If memory serves (happy to be corrected) most people trafficking issues in Cambridge have involved the Chinese rather than Romanians.

Always worth considering that unsavoury aspect. But there seems to have been quite a few punts in Cambridge with Chinese girls over some time now, especially with the established places? One might assume local police are well aware of what goes on and have no specific issues with it.

Never nice to be caught with your pants down during a raid though  :scare:.

Offline winkywanky

I've found chinese girls to have a much better service attiude than most other are we allowed to say Races;!!

Well if you were going to say Roms were generally shit, the corollary of that might be that Chinese were quite a bit better.

I think it's the case that the Chinese girls often tend to have a woman running the show, so perhaps they are better treated?

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Well if you were going to say Roms were generally shit, the corollary of that might be that Chinese were quite a bit better.

I think it's the case that the Chinese girls often tend to have a woman running the show, so perhaps they are better treated?

You might have a good point there as it does seem theres a "Mamasan" around for most all of them!...

Offline HERTSBLUE

You want to look round Bishops stortford to see a desert. :dash:

Offline EquineLover

A couple of years ago I was taking a stroll down Mill Rd on my way to my favourite shop there when I saw 2 coppers inside the shop. I hastily popped across the road, made a u-turn back to my car and was forced to change plans.

A week or so later I found myself in the same area, and popped into the shop to have a chat with the mamasan. She told me someone reported her to the police, so they came to do a welfare check on the girls. Had a quick chat with the girls individually, checked passports, told mamasan they were happy everything was legal. Even reminded mamasan that if she ever had any issues with clients, to ring the police immediately.

There is a certain level of tolerance I believe, as long as they are not trafficked.

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

You want to look round Bishops stortford to see a desert. :dash:

Yes well Stortford not that big a place is it really?. 19,000 male population and knock off say 5,000 for the under 18 part. There used to be a massage shop somewhere on London road not that far from the station?

Or do the contents of the town commute to the Smoke for their Jollies?..

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

A couple of years ago I was taking a stroll down Mill Rd on my way to my favourite shop there when I saw 2 coppers inside the shop. I hastily popped across the road, made a u-turn back to my car and was forced to change plans.

A week or so later I found myself in the same area, and popped into the shop to have a chat with the mamasan. She told me someone reported her to the police, so they came to do a welfare check on the girls. Had a quick chat with the girls individually, checked passports, told mamasan they were happy everything was legal. Even reminded mamasan that if she ever had any issues with clients, to ring the police immediately.

There is a certain level of tolerance I believe, as long as they are not trafficked.

They do that from time to time Old bill does, i have heard from a couple of SP's that they had a Lady PC round offering them advice and - and Condoms!!

Offline norwichfunseeker

They do that from time to time Old bill does, i have heard from a couple of SP's that they had a Lady PC round offering them advice and - and Condoms!!

Is there  any truth she offered to lend her uniform to them when she was off shift? 😛 😄

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Is there  any truth she offered to lend her uniform to them when she was off shift? 😛 😄

Welll the lady was a quite cute Chinese one so i suspect not!

Mind you i don't know offhand how big you have to be a WPC;?..

Offline norwichfunseeker

Welll the lady was a quite cute Chinese one so i suspect not!

Mind you i don't know offhand how big you have to be a WPC;?..

Done a quick Google and came up with this story, so 5ft 1 appears to be acceptable.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Done a quick Google and came up with this story, so 5ft 1 appears to be acceptable.

External Link/Members Only

Blimey! girl i saw last nite was a tad shorter than her!..

Offline JayEZ2K

High rents :thumbsdown: To our advantage we have many punters for the area, and Cambridge punters are said to be of better quality than those in London. (More friendly, better hygiene, etc.) So this is a saving grace to bring in a decent number of SPs, at least during normal times.

As for the current situation, most SPs left a year ago when the first lockdown was implemented. Since then, not many have returned, and so Cambs is especially barren at the moment. With effort though, you can find one or two good to excellent punts each week and post them to the top-picks thread. For example, below is a decent option at the moment, and we also have a dedicated thread for orientals as well: https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=256688.msg3115458#msg3115458

And on a related note, we can try to actively improve the area by recommending that SPs visit Cambs. We can recommend good locations to work from, and post when they tour. In the end, they'll get ample customers, and we get new and good quality SPs on a regular basis. The part that would be a lot of work is to get a campaign to scour surrounding areas and encourage SPs to visit. I also don't know if it's as worthwhile though to do this at the moment.

Offline Fuggedaboutit

As for the current situation, most SPs left a year ago when the first lockdown was implemented. Since then, not many have returned, and so Cambs is especially barren at the moment

Yes; Busty Sophie (External Link/Members Only) used to tour regularly and Truly British Meg (External Link/Members Only) was a regular. I guess I'm a bit covid shy to try someone completely new at present, even though there does seem to be a slight improvement in the pickings...