Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Advice on getting a punting phone  (Read 2535 times)

Offline VitIron

I was hoping to get an absolute bog standard phone for this purpose that only sends and receives calls and texts.

How much is this likely to cost?

I went into one store and they said it would be about £160 but I doubt that's the best deal going.

Can anybody suggest a type of phone I should get?

Thanks

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider
Have you tried looking at the 1000s of other previous posts about this subject  :unknown:

Offline SALIBA

just get used phone on facebook marketplace and throw a PAYG sim in it

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
just get used phone on facebook marketplace and throw a PAYG sim in it
Far better he reads the 3 page current thread that was last posted on a few days ago.     :dash:

Or this one that was last posted on in January of this year.  https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=303199.0

« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 10:06:30 pm by daviemac »

Offline VitIron

Have you tried looking at the 1000s of other previous posts about this subject  :unknown:

Yes, I did a search and it brought up loads of posts but I couldn't see a recent one. I was looking for up to date prices and options.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
Thank you  :thumbsup:

I did do a search but it didn't bring up anything recent.
It's on page 1 of this section.   :unknown:

Offline VitIron

It's on page 1 of this section.   :unknown:

I've found what I'm looking for, thanks.

I'll be going to Tesco tomorrow  ;)

Offline shed

Yet another dick head post  :unknown:

Offline southcoastpunter

Yet another dick head post  :unknown:

yep- he couldn't be a regular reader of this forum or he would have know a thread on this was raised just a week or so back and one before that a month or so back and so on. and he couldn't have done a proper search. what is it with members these days?

Offline Stevelondon

I've found what I'm looking for, thanks.

I'll be going to Tesco tomorrow  ;)

Could you pick me up some bread ...cheers.

Offline Mr Sinister

yep- he couldn't be a regular reader of this forum or he would have know a thread on this was raised just a week or so back and one before that a month or so back and so on. and he couldn't have done a proper search. what is it with members these days?

People are inherently lazy and will use a thread like this as their own personal advice bureau, it happens everywhere

Offline VitIron

Wow.

There's certainly a few angry people on this thread.

But, you're right, I'm not a regular reader of this forum, you got me there...

I mean, if I was a regular reader, I would obviously have read every one of the 2.5 million + posts on this forum but, hey, I'm just inherently lazy...

:lol:

Offline VitIron

Could you pick me up some bread ...cheers.

Certainly. I never turn down a chance to boost my Clubcard points!

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
Wow.

There's certainly a few angry people on this thread.

Not particularly angry, it just pisses a lot of people off when members just create a thread asking for advice without bothering to look for the answers first. More so when there's a current thread on the first page of the section.

But, you're right, I'm not a regular reader of this forum, you got me there...

I mean, if I was a regular reader, I would obviously have read every one of the 2.5 million + posts on this forum but, hey, I'm just inherently lazy...

:lol:

What do you do when you log on if not read the forum.   

Offline Atlas1957

Not particularly angry, it just pisses a lot of people off when members just create a thread asking for advice without bothering to look for the answers first. More so when there's a current thread on the first page of the section.

What do you do when you log on if not read the forum.
He is too busy posting stalkerish questions https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=342364.msg3559500#msg3559500

Offline Shadow

Lebara do unlimited calls & texts and 1GB of data for £3.60 a month. Given my punting phone is predominantly texts and the odd call, it's a bargain. No contract either, can cancel at any time.

Offline turbostar

I got a shitty alcatel phone from asda for about £50
sim card from 02 £10 per month unlimited texts ,calls and internet
I top up from local shops

Offline shed

I got a shitty alcatel phone from asda for about £50
I top up from local shops

Where have you appeared from  :unknown:

Offline Tender.french.kiss

£10 per month for unlimited calls seems wasted money when compared with your review output!

Offline LLPunting

Lebara do unlimited calls & texts and 1GB of data for £3.60 a month. Given my punting phone is predominantly texts and the odd call, it's a bargain. No contract either, can cancel at any time.

Thanks for this nugget, I've just used up my last stock up and could do with getting some new SIMs.   :drinks:

Offline LLPunting

£10 per month for unlimited calls seems wasted money when compared with your review output!

Indeed, a monthly contract is unnecessary for your punting phone unless you're hunting and punting more than weekly and spending hours browsing ads and doing research.

So how active is Mr "I've been here 8 years and fuck you all"?
Oh look! https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=239728.msg2454610#msg2454610
So that's some 50 punts you haven't returned the favour on, regardless of your ailment.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 03:55:51 pm by LLPunting »

Offline Atrueyorkie

Thanks for this nugget, I've just used up my last stock up and could do with getting some new SIMs.   :drinks:

That’s a deal of a century :hi:

Online bops909

I was hoping to get an absolute bog standard phone for this purpose that only sends and receives calls and texts.

How much is this likely to cost?

I went into one store and they said it would be about £160 but I doubt that's the best deal going.

Can anybody suggest a type of phone I should get?

Thanks

You can get by with just texts and calls but you can get a reasonable smart phone for not much money and then you can engage with WGs on Whatsapp, Telegram and other social media.

It's a slightly better conversation and you get to see their avatars which is sometimes helpful.

As well as getting to use Maps which can be very helpful in getting to venues.

Plus 3G is being phased out by the UK network operators starting next year so your phone might not be useable for very long.

I think CEX is pretty good for phones.

Online JontyR

I think CEX is pretty good for phones.

Yep, CeX, Cash convertors any of those types is a good source of any dated tech.

Offline Atrueyorkie

I see when this topic is raised it’s always the deals/contracts.

Can we get recommendations for the actual phones itself?

I.e. cheap phones that have WhatsApp

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
I see when this topic is raised it’s always the deals/contracts.

Can we get recommendations for the actual phones itself?

I.e. cheap phones that have WhatsApp
Second hand one off ebay. Whatever takes your fancy iPhone , Samsung, there's loads. depends if you want Android or iOS.

Offline Atrueyorkie

Second hand one off ebay. Whatever takes your fancy iPhone , Samsung, there's loads. depends if you want Android or iOS.

That be more useful info.

Budget wise I’ve never spent more than £40 on a punting phone so ideally like to stick to that kind of region.

Preferably iPhone but not sure what the minimum iOS requirement is for WhatsApp compatibility is currently.

Offline ik8133

I use a dual sim phone, normal one contract, punting one pay as you go!

Offline cambsguy

No need for a punting phone.

Just download TEXTME app - look at a couple of ads to get some credit and you have a temp number you can message and ring on. When you get a reply back you get a credit for a text (so great when a WG messages you over 2 or 3 messages).

Make the call/text, after booking, delete the app. No trace on your phone and no 2nd phone. All free too