Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Safeguarding vulnerable sex workers in Cambridge  (Read 1150 times)

Offline WASA38

Have just received the following  reassuring message from the local police. Makes a change from the usual dire statements about sex trafficking.

' Last week officers carried out visits to three properties in Cambridge in relation to modern slavery and the sex-work industry.

The visits were part of Operation Aidant, a national focus on modern slavery and exploitation, focused on sexual exploitation, including looking into the methods used by perpetrators to recruit their victims.

No victims of slavery were identified, and all properties inspected were found to be well-maintained with residents appearing to be living in reasonably good conditions.

Officers asked people key questions about whether they had access to the money they made, who had control of their online profiles and if they knew what to do if they needed help.

The team were joined by a member of a sexual health charity and all women were offered access to free sexual health testing.

While the outcome of these visits is reassuring, we recognise that this is not the reality for every individual affected by exploitation in our community. Our commitment to eradicating modern slavery remains steadfast, and we will continue to work tirelessly to identify and address instances of exploitation.

Operation Aidant underscores our dedication to safeguard the vulnerable and combat exploitation within our community. We encourage anyone with information regarding such activity to come forward and assist us in our mission to protect and support those in need.'

Offline A Decent Fist

Interesting. Google tells me that they also visited nail bars and building sites as part of the same operation.

Online Jonestown

Ten years or so ago visits as described used to be the norm in London, I was told by a WG at the time. They would arrive unannounced at known establishments and check the girls residence / immigration status, be offered health counselling and checks, etc. Don't know if it still goes on.

Online scutty brown

Aidant is a national operation that's been running for some years.

All this result means is that they need better information regarding where to look
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 11:11:11 am by scutty brown »

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Cambridge?, as many as three?...

Offline Steady Eddy

Curious, how do you end up on a police mailing list to get such a message. I would be mortified :scare:

Online scutty brown

Curious, how do you end up on a police mailing list to get such a message. I would be mortified :scare:

Probably on the local police facebook or twitter feed

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider

Some local forces offer a newsletter and or warnings type subscription to the general public. I receive weekly emails containing updates on police campaigns, missing persons, scams, surveys, news, job vacancies. Anyone can sign up. Same for neighbourhood watch and flood warnings.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 07:05:22 am by Strawberry »

Offline WASA38

Some local forces offer a newsletter and or warnings type subscription to the general public. I receive weekly emails containing updates on police campaigns, missing persons, scams, surveys, news, job vacancies. Anyone can sign up. Same for neighbourhood watch and flood warnings.

Thanks S; precisely this. I also get a summary of local court case verdicts, many with mugshots of guilty villains. A right nasty looking lot, most of them.