Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Can someone clarify please  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Punting_Mad

Why do some members insist on "quoting" the whole review when asking a question of the reviewer.. this can happen several times in a thread and if the review is a long one it gets extremely tedious scrolling down these "quotes". 

Offline snaitram99

Why do some members insist on "quoting" the whole review when asking a question of the reviewer..

I can only think they don't realise that parts of the quoted item can be deleted. :unknown:

Offline Punting_Mad

It's so bloody annoying and completely unnecessary  :dash:

Offline Milf Hunter

I agree, but it’s not like we’ve currently got loads of reviews on the Welsh Board to wade through.  :D

Offline webpunter

+3
Its easy to post just the relevant section

Offline Lewis

Fully agree.

Either just reply, or snip and summarise first.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 08:26:08 pm by Lewis »

Offline h34

I agree, but it’s not like we’ve currently got loads of reviews on the Welsh Board to wade through.  :D

I'm trying my best  :lol:

Offline webpunter

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 the only country where you can get a delicious hot pot, a woolly jumper and a shag, all from the same animal

Offline myothernameis

Guess it so you know who were replying to  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Gastroboy

Why do some members insist on "quoting" the whole review when asking a question of the reviewer.. this can happen several times in a thread and if the review is a long one it gets extremely tedious scrolling down these "quotes".

I agree  :D

Offline Dan Dastardly

Agree there pal

Offline Cardiffguy

I agree..  :D

Offline Punting_Mad

I must admit.. when I originally wrote this post I thought It might have a small impact and contributors would stop quoting complete reviews to just agree..! Nope it hasn't made one bit of difference.. I seem to scroll through pages and pages of quotes.. with "+1" or "😄" or "👍" at the end. I know this just doesn't annoy me based on the replies so why do people keep doing it?  :dash:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 05:54:42 pm by Punting_Mad »

Offline scutty brown

I must admit.. when I originally wrote this post I thought It might have a small impact and contributors would stop quoting complete reviews to just agree..! Nope it hasn't made one bit of difference.. I seem to scroll through pages and pages of quotes.. with "+1" or "😄" or "👍" at the end. I know this just doesn't annoy me based on the replies so why do people keep doing it?  :dash:

You're wasting your time complaining

Offline myothernameis

with "+1" or "😄" or "👍" at the end. I know this just doesn't annoy me based on the replies so why do people keep doing it?  :dash:

+1  :P :thumbsup: because we can  :D :D :D

Offline Lewis

It happens in every forum.  One that I moderate, I started trimming quoted posts and tidying them up, only to get flamed for my trouble.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Possibly the same reason that when people tell another member that what they've posted isn't allowed they quote the whole post that it's in so are actually posting it themselves as well.   :unknown:

Punting_Mad - It's to show they agree with what has been said and it's the only way because there's no 'like' button.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 09:28:31 pm by daviemac »

Offline piotrskut

Possibly the same reason that when people tell another member that what they've posted isn't allowed they quote the whole post that it's in so are actually posting it themselves as well.   :unknown:

Punting_Mad - It's to show they agree with what has been said and it's the only way because there's no 'like' button.

wouldn't it be easier to say "i agree"? quoting really long posts makes it harder to read on mobile, and sometimes they post their own comments inside the quote tag so get lost in the quote. we can all read the op, why bother quoting it?