Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Tip-o-the day on keeping secrets for I-device users  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Georgejetson

Brief tip.  I only recently realized I-devices (iPad, iPhone, etc) now supports encrypted notes. The tip is:
1. Start a punting note in Notes
2. Insert a line at top line called  "Work VPN Passcode" (because the note title is NOT encrypted). This will cause the note title to show up in the list in clear text for all to see as "Work VPN Passcode". 
3. Encrypt/lock the note. Details External Link/Members Only
4. Now the body of your note is locked.
5. For ultraparanoid , or those with a very suspicious OH who might, just might (1000-1 odds) ask you to open that note, do the following,
6. In the body of the note put in a made up passcode, then
7. Hit enter a bunch of times to move your punting notes well below the bottom of the screen.
8. Encrypt/lock the note. Details External Link/Members Only
9. If your OH asks you to open the note it will look as expected. Just a passcode. When you open the note a scroll bar doesn't even appear unless you touch screen in the note (and even then, the bar is not at all obvious )
10. Feel free to store it in the cloud. It is locked.
My OH is about as techie as the average Amish women, so this is overkill for me. But I do also recommend non-shared iPads based on it being LESS likely to be hacked by Sergeis hacker cousin, Ivan. For you PC guys out there (other than some of you using VMware...clever!), I would worry at least a bit about getting extorted if your punting PC gets owned.  Low odds but a risk.

I am new here, so until I have a punt to review, I figured I would offer up at least something! I have done a bunch of prep for my London trip next week  entirely based on this site. Thank you! Reviews to follow when I have them.

Offline Punchdrunk

Bollox to that for a game of soldiers, get a punting phone job done.

Offline Marmalade

I think it was interesting enough. Not everyone uses a cheapshit phone for their punting phone.

Offline Plan R

iPad, iPhone, iWatch, iMac, iCloud, iDon'tWannaGetCaught, IRenounceSteveJobsAndAllHisWorks, iUseThis
External Link/Members Only

Offline Marmalade

iPad, iPhone, iWatch, iMac, iCloud, iDon'tWannaGetCaught, IRenounceSteveJobsAndAllHisWorks, iUseThis

Can't really go wrong for a tenner, even as a throwaway phone. Quite amusing the reviews complaining no working bluetooth (getting an iphone bluetooth to worth with anything not mac has long been an impossibility).

However with no wifi it really is limited to being a punting phone.

Offline Plan R

It certainly is limited, I think my toasters got more brains. But that's why I love it for this game.
And thanks for the helpful post OP, I just have, (what I consider to be), a healthy paranoia about smart phones.
I'm of the opinion technology will sink ya - every chance it gets !  :hi:

Hydrant

n iphone bluetooth to worth with anything not mac has long been an impossibility

Not true. I've connected my iPhone to every car I've hired in the last couple of years and lots of Bluetooth speakers of all makes with only occasional difficulties.

Offline dubs

Yeah until you have to send a text, then it is a pain in the arse.

Offline Marmalade

Not true. I've connected my iPhone to every car I've hired in the last couple of years and lots of Bluetooth speakers of all makes with only occasional difficulties.
I've never tried to connect an iphone to a car by Bluetooth. I have however had a long list of things that iPhone bluetooth profiles don't care for.

Maybe you External Link/Members Only.

Offline Marmalade

Yeah until you have to send a text, then it is a pain in the arse.

I find most prossies prefer texts. It lets them forward to Sergei who translates If they don't do what they promised to do by text it also means they blame Sergei. I prefer phoning, but texting is often unavoidable, especially when arriving at her street and wanting the house number while your mits are freezing off.

Offline Mansell

Brief tip.  I only recently realized I-devices (iPad, iPhone, etc) now supports encrypted notes. The tip is:
1. Start a punting note in Notes
2. Insert a line at top line called  "Work VPN Passcode" (because the note title is NOT encrypted). This will cause the note title to show up in the list in clear text for all to see as "Work VPN Passcode". 
3. Encrypt/lock the note. Details External Link/Members Only
4. Now the body of your note is locked.
5. For ultraparanoid , or those with a very suspicious OH who might, just might (1000-1 odds) ask you to open that note, do the following,
6. In the body of the note put in a made up passcode, then
7. Hit enter a bunch of times to move your punting notes well below the bottom of the screen.
8. Encrypt/lock the note. Details External Link/Members Only
9. If your OH asks you to open the note it will look as expected. Just a passcode. When you open the note a scroll bar doesn't even appear unless you touch screen in the note (and even then, the bar is not at all obvious )
10. Feel free to store it in the cloud. It is locked.
My OH is about as techie as the average Amish women, so this is overkill for me. But I do also recommend non-shared iPads based on it being LESS likely to be hacked by Sergeis hacker cousin, Ivan. For you PC guys out there (other than some of you using VMware...clever!), I would worry at least a bit about getting extorted if your punting PC gets owned.  Low odds but a risk.

I am new here, so until I have a punt to review, I figured I would offer up at least something! I have done a bunch of prep for my London trip next week  entirely based on this site. Thank you! Reviews to follow when I have them.

Thanks, as most have said, we tend to use very basic phones and PAYG sims, but if it stops 1 person from hassle it's worth knowing.

Offline Gordon Bennett

Looks complicated. I just bung them in my contacts under a man's name. Last 3 are Alex, Lewis and Josh. If I get busted ever I'll be accused of cheating AND being a closet gay. But, it's better than having a load of girl's names in my phone.