Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: That's it for me until Coronavirus is eradicated!  (Read 48716 times)

Offline maximusgenitalus

Decided that's it for punting in any way shape or from until this Coronavirus is sorted out!

I'm wondering if any of you feel the same or have decided the same as I have? I know the current state in the UK is very low however I believe the best course of action is to presume that there are a lot more cases of this than known, which really means we are in uncharted territory. Maybe I am being over cautious but I have purchased some N99 face masks on Ebay for myself and my family (The prices of these are becoming ridiculous and some selling at crazy triple figure prices from greedy sellers trying to cash in) as the reasonable priced ones are selling out fast, along with hand sanitisers and glasses that are sealed edge type to stop entry at the  eyes.

My next plan is to stock up on non perishable food and liquid, powered milk etc and sanitary products so that if the time comes, myself and family can lock ourselves away for a long extended period of time.

Now... Ok... I know some, probably most of you will think I'm overreacting but is it worth taking the risk?

I think when the PM reveals his national plan today that it may shock many of us.

Here is the current state as of now:

In the meantime, here’s a summary of the key points so far:

Italy’s death toll has risen to 52, with 1,835 confirmed cases

The US has now recorded six fatalities from the virus, with 75 confirmed cases

WHO chief says: “We have never before seen a respiratory pathogen that is capable of community transmission, but which can also be contained with the right measures.”

UK supermarkets have drawn up plan to “feed the nation” as coronavirus spreads. Confirmed cases stand at 39.

The virus outbreak has reached more than 60 countries.

The level of risk of contracting coronavirus within Europe has been raised from moderate to high.

Australia’s chief medical officers will meet on Tuesday to discuss if extra measures are needed to combat outbreak.

My advice... Be prepared just in case.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 11:02:38 am by maximusgenitalus »

Offline antsz

His plans weren't shocking at all, they seem sensible to me and what we don't want is people painc buying as the selves will be cleared. This virus will be around for years so good luck hiding out till a vaccine is found

Offline maximusgenitalus

Yes very sensible, but isn't it alarming to you that the fact we are having these plans says something? When have we ever had such before? Or maybe I just don't remember, forgive my ignorance if so..

Personally I am very worried about this and maybe I am jumping the gun and panicking but when it comes to the possibility of this becoming out of control and we have another 1918 event then I think being prepared could be the difference.

Offline maximusgenitalus

These are the key points to the plan just released which says to me this is not to be taken likely:

- If police lose "significant staff" numbers to illness, they would "concentrate on responding to serious crimes and maintaining public order".
- In a "stretching scenario", it is possible that up to one fifth of employees may be absent from work during peak weeks.
- Everyone will face increased pressures at work, as well as potentially their own illness and caring responsibilities. Supporting staff welfare "will be critical" for businesses.
- The UK has stockpiles of medicines for the NHS, plus protective clothing and equipment for medical staff.
- The public can help delay the spread of the virus by washing hands with soap regularly, not spreading misinformation and relying on trusted sources. They should also ensure family vaccines are up to date and check on family, friends and neighbours. They should also check Foreign Office advice before travelling abroad and be understanding of the pressures the health service is under.
- The public will be asked to accept that "the advice for managing Covid-19 for most people will be self-isolation at home and simple over the counter medicines".
- If coronavirus becomes established, there will be a focus on essential services and helping those "most at risk to access the right treatment".
- During the mitigation phase, when the virus is much more widespread, "pressures on services and wider society may become significant and clearly noticeable".
- The Ministry of Defence will provide support as needed, including to essential services.
- There will be increased government communication with Parliament, the public and the media if the virus becomes more widespread.
- All government departments to have a lead person for coronavirus.
- If the virus takes hold, social distancing strategies could include school closures, encouraging greater home working, reducing the number of large scale gatherings and closing other educational settings.
- It is possible that an outbreak or pandemic of Covid-19 could come in multiple waves.
- Non-urgent operations and other procedures could be cancelled, and hospital discharges monitored to free-up beds, with appropriate care in people's homes.
- Hospital worker shifts could be altered and leavers or retirees called "back to duty".
- Measures exist to help businesses with short-term cash flow problems.
- There is a distribution strategy for sending out key medicines and equipment to NHS and social care.
- This strain of coronavirus is new and people have a lack of immunity to it, meaning "Covid-19 has the potential to spread extensively".
- Everyone is susceptible to catching the disease and thus it is "more likely than not that the UK will be significantly affected".
- There could be an "increase in deaths arising from the outbreak, particularly among vulnerable and elderly groups".
- While most people will suffer mild to moderate symptoms, similar to seasonal flu, some will need hospital care due to pneumonia developing.
- Young children can become infected and "suffer severe illness", but overall the illness is less common in the under-20s.

External Link/Members Only

Offline samneil15

Settle down now lads - I'm known to wear a tin foil hat now and then which is why my spidey senses are tingling with this virus outbreak.

Seems like a lot of panic purposely being caused by the media when our own NHS has stated that the chances of getting it is less than the flu.

I'll take my chances and will continue to see as many hot totties as possible  :drinks:

Offline Kool Keef

Living is not for the faint hearted

Offline maximusgenitalus

I must admit, if I didn't have a family I would continue to take my chances for a while longer, but still reading between the lines I don't think we have any control over this virus yet and how far it has reached unknowingly.
I think that this may accelerate at a very fast rate and all of a sudden, this is why I am being cautious.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 12:00:26 pm by maximusgenitalus »

Offline chrishornx

I must admit, if I didn't have a family I would continue to take my chances for a while longer, but still reading between the lines I don't think we have any control over this virus yet and how far it has reached unknowingly.
I think that this may accelerate at a very fast rate and all of a sudden, this is why I am being cautious.

slightly odd that you're being so reactionary to this virus citing that you have a family as one of the justifications yet you are prepared to put that happy family environment at risk by punting!!!

Offline Blackpool Rock

Living is not for the faint hearted
Yeah and let's not forget nobody gets out alive  :scare:

I'm not sure if this is a wind up thread or the OP is scared of his own shadow  :unknown:

The number of cases so far is minimal in the UK, probably more risk of death / injury driving to work on a daily basis.

The seasonal flu which happens every fucking year kills 1000's of people but people don't start self isolating on the off chance they may catch it.

The 1918 Spanish flu is always held up as being a disaster and if you believe all the hype it wiped out half of the people it infected however the reality is that 2-3% of people who caught it died.
The notable and cruel thing about the 1918 flu is that it killed young people with a healthy immune system due to creating a cytokine storm which makes the immune system over react.
Tragically it took the lives of WW1 heros who had survived the ravages of the trenches but were all packed in such close contact with others who were infected

Offline maximusgenitalus

slightly odd that you're being so reactionary to this virus citing that you have a family as one of the justifications yet you are prepared to put that happy family environment at risk by punting!!!

????

I clearly said if I didn't have a family.... Think you must have miss-read what I said.

However if you are referring to punting in general, then why be on here yourself and make a comment like that? The majority of men that punt have families. This thread is about something completely different as this is about a life threatening virus being spread globally. I'm just saying being careful is a good thing.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 01:55:12 pm by maximusgenitalus »

Offline maximusgenitalus

Yeah and let's not forget nobody gets out alive  :scare:

I'm not sure if this is a wind up thread or the OP is scared of his own shadow  :unknown:

The number of cases so far is minimal in the UK, probably more risk of death / injury driving to work on a daily basis.

The seasonal flu which happens every fucking year kills 1000's of people but people don't start self isolating on the off chance they may catch it.

The 1918 Spanish flu is always held up as being a disaster and if you believe all the hype it wiped out half of the people it infected however the reality is that 2-3% of people who caught it died.
The notable and cruel thing about the 1918 flu is that it killed young people with a healthy immune system due to creating a cytokine storm which makes the immune system over react.
Tragically it took the lives of WW1 heros who had survived the ravages of the trenches but were all packed in such close contact with others who were infected

100% not a wind up. I am seriously concerned as I think we all should be, there has never been such global press and concern along with contingency plans being drawn up to this amount about a virus before, well certainly not in my 5 decades of life that I can remember. I'm not saying I am going all out right now and stocking up and shutting myself and family away, but I do have the thought of preparation in my mind for the eventuality that this accelerates into the worst case scenario.

At the moment I just think my decision to stop punting is a good one, when I stop to think how many different punters, from different areas, of different cultures and diverse travelling a working girl will see then it ups the odds. I don't think anybody can disagree with that, and I'm sure that most working girls are already giving this risk consideration for their own well being.

Taking a break is good idea right now is all I'm saying, just one person's choice.

Offline Doc Holliday

It killed 20% of those who caught it and it is thought half the world population contracted it.

This is not however 1918 and whilst not impossible, it is less likely another influenza virus could cause so many deaths. However this current virus is not influenza.

Offline Hemlock47

I’m also taking a time out from punting. I’m also buying shares in the local undertakers. One must speculate to accumulate!!

Offline Alf G

I’m also taking a time out from punting. I’m also buying shares in the local undertakers. One must speculate to accumulate!!
Hope you have done your will. :D :D :D
If you get it, then the undertakers, could be carrying you.
That's of course, providing they don't catch it. :sarcastic:

Online RandomGuy99

It'll never be eradicated, so I wish you a long and happy life of celibacy.

There is way too much panic and fear about this. 

Just calm down and carry on punting. 

If you catch it you'll have a bad flu for 10 days and recover with an immune system that knows how to beat it the next time it encounters it (that's about 99% of people who get infected).  If you don't and you die at least you'll die having hopefully shagged a FAF girl (1% of those who get infected and I suspect it might be lower depending on what facilities are available to care for the infected).  The odds are in your favour.

Offline Captain caveman 69

The Chinese already have a vaccine because they made the virus along with the Iranians to fuck the western world . Virus could still mutate and get worse. So dig in boys and keep your peckers up and good luck to you all.  :hi:

Offline chrishornx

????

I clearly said if I didn't have a family.... Think you must have miss-read what I said.

However if you are referring to punting in general, then why be on here yourself and make a comment like that? The majority of men that punt have families. This thread is about something completely different as this is about a life threatening virus being spread globally. I'm just saying being careful is a good thing.

???????

I know you said "if I didn't have family" and am aware that you do have family - that is my point as you say that if you didn't have them you may continue punting  - I am certain more families will face break up due to 'infidelities and punting' this year than face bereavement from Corona virus

I am fully aware that the virus is completely different to punting but both threaten the family unit and you seem to be willing to do the one that is an ever present threat yet are being over cautious about the other

As for me I am not married but still punt. I am not convinced the majority of punters are married

Offline chrishornx

It'll never be eradicated, so I wish you a long and happy life of celibacy.

There is way too much panic and fear about this. 

Just calm down and carry on punting. 

If you catch it you'll have a bad flu for 10 days and recover with an immune system that knows how to beat it the next time it encounters it (that's about 99% of people who get infected).  If you don't and you die at least you'll die having hopefully shagged a FAF girl (1% of those who get infected and I suspect it might be lower depending on what facilities are available to care for the infected).  The odds are in your favour.

good points

Offline Blackpool Rock

It killed 20% of those who caught it and it is thought half the world population contracted it.

This is not however 1918 and whilst not impossible, it is less likely another influenza virus could cause so many deaths. However this current virus is not influenza.
There may have been some isolated areas of the world that had a mortality rate of 20% ish due to other contributing factors such as malnourishment or other underlying health issues however -

The World Health Organization estimates that 2–3% of those who were infected died (case-fatality ratio).[51] It is estimated that approximately 30 million were killed by the flu, or about 1.7% of the world population died.[52] Other estimates range from 17 to 55 million fatalities

Offline Mancunian99

Reaction way over the top but not surprising given the coverage, the coverage is also not surprising given the number of hits the articles get online. In reality the % of deaths in relation to those infected by the virus is not (to my knowledge) extreme. Unless you're really old or really young then you're most likely to recover just fine.

Also getting to the point at hand, if you're stopping punting then I would expect you need to stop any interactions with people too...I mean surely there is no additional risk in punting than there is when crossing paths with civilians in the street/place of work.

To conclude. Get a grip

Offline Rack Admirer

I know people who are going on holiday abroad next week. They can still fly. I know people who've recently come back from abroad. They didn't notice any difference when they arrived home. Just the same airport  procedures as usual.

If there was really a big issue do you think the government would allow incoming and outgoing flights? No way!

Can't help feeling this has been blown out of proportion for some reason, possibly to cause the financial "correction", which the wealthy can profit from. The main stream media love this sort of thing. They get more website clicks and paper-copy sales during these scares.

Offline samneil15

I know people who are going on holiday abroad next week. They can still fly. I know people who've recently come back from abroad. They didn't notice any difference when they arrived home. Just the same airport  procedures as usual.

If there was really a big issue do you think the government would allow incoming and outgoing flights? No way!

Can't help feeling this has been blown out of proportion for some reason, possibly to cause the financial "correction", which the wealthy can profit from. The main stream media love this sort of thing. They get more website clicks and paper-copy sales during these scares.

My thoughts exactly Rack - A storm is a brewing and me thinks it's linked to financial markets  ;)

Offline Blackpool Rock

Initially on the basis that it's a new virus that is believed to have jumped the species barrier then the infection and mortality rate are largely unknown until accurate data can be obtained.

World Governments are right to take strong measures against an "unknown" in case it infects almost everyone it comes into contact with and kills 50% of those infected. Thankfully it appears to only give mild symptoms in many people and the mortality rate is only about the same or slightly worse than many seasonal flu strains (to which the human population already has some immunity built up)

In this case China has reacted strongly as it's keen to show the world that it's still open for business in unaffected areas and is doing everything to contain the virus as any major world power would do, additionally they are still aware of the slating they took over SARS about 15 years ago.
Given how well China is dealing with trying to contain this i'm thinking that Western Governments including the UK simply can't down play what they are doing or in theory are prepared to do if needs be.

I agree with you that now we know a bit more about the virus spread and mortality rate they still appear to be making more of this than needed, at least it's taken Brexit off the headlines for a while  :drinks:

As for the financial markets they hate uncertainty and the news last week about drops in trade / sales etc sparked a sell off which then results in a downward spiral.
The markets had been doing OK and I believe the US is on a very long bull run which many are think is due to close out sometime anyway.
The city boys will no doubt have had their contingency plans in place so as you say a big drop of around 10% in a week then provides a good opportunity to buy back in after the correction, those in the know rarely lose out

Offline Colston36

The Chinese already have a vaccine because they made the virus along with the Iranians to fuck the western world . Virus could still mutate and get worse. So dig in boys and keep your peckers up and good luck to you all.  :hi:

UH? They have a vaccine? How come they don't know it?

Offline Blackpool Rock

UH? They have a vaccine? How come they don't know it?
Work it out Trigger, it's a conspiracy theory

Offline Rack Admirer

Initially on the basis that it's a new virus that is believed to have jumped the species barrier then the infection and mortality rate are largely unknown until accurate data can be obtained.

It could be just another flu virus that 100s of thousands have already had. Other factors could have contributed to the higher than normal death rate in Wuhan, and therefore raised the alarm. The oddity is the big spike in Italy and Iran. Rest of the world the mortality rate is pretty much exactly what is expected from a flu-type virus, with older people almost exclusively the ones dying.

Not sure what to believe. The story that the British prisoner in Iran has contracted it smells of BS. How has she come into contact with someone to get it? She's in a cell!

Offline Doc Holliday

There may have been some isolated areas of the world that had a mortality rate of 20% ish due to other contributing factors such as malnourishment or other underlying health issues however -

The World Health Organization estimates that 2–3% of those who were infected died (case-fatality ratio).[51] It is estimated that approximately 30 million were killed by the flu, or about 1.7% of the world population died.[52] Other estimates range from 17 to 55 million fatalities

Apologies I stand corrected. You are right it was up to 20% in just some areas. Re 17 to 55 million (some say 100 million) just shows we will never know the true figures. As I said this is not 2018 and in 12 months we will know fairly accurate data for this latest 'germ'.....  although some of us may not be around to read it?  :D

Offline wilburs horse

More likely to catch an std than Corona virus shagging an hooker. Extreme overreaction as more people will be killed in traffic accidents although not to be sneezed at.
Banned reason: Bypassing rules to name another forum.
Banned by: daviemac

Online RandomGuy99

World Governments are right to take strong measures against an "unknown" in case it infects almost everyone it comes into contact with and kills 50% of those infected. Thankfully it appears to only give mild symptoms in many people and the mortality rate is only about the same or slightly worse than many seasonal flu strains (to which the human population already has some immunity built up)

In this case China has reacted strongly as it's keen to show the world that it's still open for business in unaffected areas and is doing everything to contain the virus as any major world power would do, additionally they are still aware of the slating they took over SARS about 15 years ago.
Given how well China is dealing with trying to contain this i'm thinking that Western Governments including the UK simply can't down play what they are doing or in theory are prepared to do if needs be.

I agree with you that now we know a bit more about the virus spread and mortality rate they still appear to be making more of this than needed, at least it's taken Brexit off the headlines for a while  :drinks:

As for the financial markets they hate uncertainty and the news last week about drops in trade / sales etc sparked a sell off which then results in a downward spiral.
The markets had been doing OK and I believe the US is on a very long bull run which many are think is due to close out sometime anyway.
The city boys will no doubt have had their contingency plans in place so as you say a big drop of around 10% in a week then provides a good opportunity to buy back in after the correction, those in the know rarely lose out
Being totally selfish you could actually exploit the dip in the markets and use it as a buying opportunity.   

Travel and hotel companies are obviously going to drop as will entertainment companies like cinema chains, restaurants, etc.  Supermarket stocks will go up as will pharmaceuticals and companies that make cleaning products. Amazon and home delivery company stocks will rise as people stay home and get everything delivered.

The US has dropped its interest rate to try to encourage spending but it probably won't work as the majority of Americans aren't well educated and will believe everything they read in the media.  They'll start staying home and not spending on anything other than food, cleaning products and medicines.

I think I'll have a dabble and see how the bounce kicks in later in the year.

I wonder if it'll cause a peak in births later in the year after people have stayed home and taken to shagging in the evenings to entertain themselves?

Offline Mikeh38

Jeez there's only 29 (22 have recovered) confirmed cases in the uk out of a population of 70 million. If the government gave a fuck the they would have stopped the planes flying. All part of a plan for a global financial crash, which will be the worst that has been seen.

Offline GingerNuts

Jeez there's only 29 (22 have recovered) confirmed cases in the uk out of a population of 70 million. If the government gave a fuck the they would have stopped the planes flying. All part of a plan for a global financial crash, which will be the worst that has been seen.

51 confirmed cases. Not many but still a greater chance of contracting the virus than you posting a review.

Just a thought i wonder how many sp will pack up till this is over. I  was with a very well known working girl in Burnley yesterday that said the very thing.  So carry on punting we may but there may not be much choice and i suspect dfk will most definitely be off the menu :(

Offline standardpostage

I've thought about stopping  :(

But my cock say's no  :)

Offline Doc Holliday

.. more people will be killed in traffic accidents although not to be sneezed at.

That's a terrible pun  :D although apparently only around 5% have a runny nose .. it goes straight to the lungs.

Given that there are only around 1800 deaths a year on UK roads I would be delighted if you are correct.

Online RandomGuy99

Are you or the SPs going to add questions to the booking enquiries to cover coronavirus or just expect SPs and punters do the sensible thing and not go punting or working if they match the criteria and self-isolate?

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 07:55:27 am by RandomGuy99 »

Offline Clitheroelad

There's been one confirmed case in Bury......

Offline WelshClipper

Appropriate town  :D

I'm on the fence with this one. On one side, people have died, on the other, more have died from regular 'flu.

So I won't stop punting but maybe avoid hordes of people .........

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider

A couple in Carlisle are likely to be confirmed today.

Yes a Iranian guy he has a flower stall on bury market been rushed off to isolation in london why not Tehran  :dash:

Offline samneil15

Yes a Iranian guy he has a flower stall on bury market been rushed off to isolation in london why not Tehran  :dash:

Caveman  :dash: I take a slight offence to that statement. If it was an Iranian guy, why the fuck would he need to go Tehran? Are you saying all non whites should fuck off back to their "own" country? You sound like a fucking MAGA cap wearing Trump supporter?

Secondly, the MEN and the Bolton news say it's a white kid who has it in Bury and linked to a trip to Italy?

Caveman  :dash: I take a slight offence to that statement. If it was an Iranian guy, why the fuck would he need to go Tehran? Are you saying all non whites should fuck off back to their "own" country? You sound like a fucking MAGA cap wearing Trump supporter?

Secondly, the MEN and the Bolton news say it's a white kid who has it in Bury and linked to a trip to Italy?

no racism intended just saying why are people being let back in the country from infected areas and I'm no donald trump supporter.  Definitely a flower seller from iran probably another case . Its spreading fast

Offline samneil15

In that case, no worries. There have been many cases of school trips to Italy etc, you can't expect them to be held captive in Italy can you?

Trying to find any source online to say it's an Iranian fella, can't find anything, however, he's probably born and raised in Manchester like many of us "minorities" and just wanted to come home.

I'll reiterate, the Airports are not on high alert and people are coming and going in and out of the country at will, which is another reason I think the media is creating panic for a different agenda. Just my thoughts anyway.

In that case, no worries. There have been many cases of school trips to Italy etc, you can't expect them to be held captive in Italy can you?

Trying to find any source online to say it's an Iranian fella, can't find anything, however, he's probably born and raised in Manchester like many of us "minorities" and just wanted to come home.

I'll reiterate, the Airports are not on high alert and people are coming and going in and out of the country at will, which is another reason I think the media is creating panic for a different agenda. Just my thoughts anyway.
probably being abit paranoid mysef at the moment im in that 5 percent bracket that its probably gonna be lights out  :hi:

Offline chrishornx

nobody has considered our lovely ladies providing services for our pleasure.

they are at far more risk than us as they see far more punters than we see ladies.

Perhaps in the near future it will be they that actually determine the short term fate of our hobby as they shut up shop albeit that the bare backers and less wary ladies will no doubt see no risk and continue.

the OP expresses concern for his own health being at risk by visiting a service provider - let's give a thought for all those ladies

they are at far more risk than us as they see far more punters than we see ladies.

Perhaps in the near future it will be they that actually determine the short term fate of our hobby as they shut up shop albeit that the bare backers and less wary ladies will no doubt see no risk and continue.

the OP expresses concern for his own health being at risk by visiting a service provider - let's give a thought for all those ladies
Correct

Offline Marquis

+1. A girl I reviewed recently - Jessica Joy in Blackpool - has taken her A/W profile down. I can't be sure it's related to the Coronavirus scare but it wouldn't surprise me. Her profile devoted a paragraph to the need for clients to cancel if they were under the weather.

Offline Rekbang

It’s actually the opposite to what you said. USA have the vaccine and want to fuck China for beating them in the 5g race and Iran for giving them tension. China and Iran are losing lives and money from the virus .

Offline Blackpool Rock

You could be right that some girls take a holiday for a few weeks if infections pop up in the area, additionally no doubt some who keep working will use it as another excuse to jack up already inflated prices due to "increased risk and supply / demand".
Cynical aren't I  :rolleyes:
Unfortunately i'm also probably right  :mad:

Offline chrishornx

You could be right that some girls take a holiday for a few weeks if infections pop up in the area, additionally no doubt some who keep working will use it as another excuse to jack up already inflated prices due to "increased risk and supply / demand".
Cynical aren't I  :rolleyes:
Unfortunately i'm also probably right  :mad:

you certainly are cynical but probably correct however the 'sellers market' could suddenly turn into a 'buyers market' although by then the quality of seller may not be so good