Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Things you think are over rated  (Read 4823 times)

Offline Squire Haggard

The trouble with Fosters and Budweiser is that they’re like sex in a canoe, uncomfortably close to water.

Whenever I see the remains of a camp fire I look at the litter some arseholes leave behind. Some people leave none, but when there is litter its a certainty that the empties will be the anal brands like Fosters, Budweiser, Millers etc.   

Offline chrishornx

100% agree.
There isn’t a single comedian today who I would go see live let alone watch on tv.

I would go and see Kay or Connolly

Offline mr.bluesky

Who are the Smyths Mr bluesky, surely you mean the mighty Smiths arguably the finest band to have emerged from Manchester (actually Salford).

Shakespeare boring, have you never read Macbeth or seen one of the film versions (the Polanski one is superb).

Watched part of the film Shakespeare,  an hour of my life I'll never get back. Finest band to come out of Manchester- The Stone Roses
Did Shakespeare when I was at school ( I know a very long time ago) that's what put me off it for life. :scare:

Having a bad spelling day today as Colston36 very kindly pointed out  :dash:   :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 02:17:45 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline mr.bluesky

I would go and see Kay or Connolly

I would go and see Ricky Gervais he doesn't give a fuck who he upsets likewise Al Murray the pub landlord.

Offline hornypunter

What? All 30 odd million of them? Bit of a generalisation is that... :unknown:
[/quote
Perhaps going by his latest reviews it should probably be Brazilian women.

Offline lewisjones23

Women's sports, just doesn't have the same intensity and physicality as mens

Annoys me so much that the football is rammed down our throats now and we're told how good it is. It is dire IMO, genuinely wouldn't watch it if it was on in my back garden.

Online SonofAJohn

What? All 30 odd million of them? Bit of a generalisation is that... :unknown:
[/quote
Perhaps going by his latest reviews it should probably be Brazilian women.
Your last review with that ebony girl was worse than mine. I wouldn't recover from a shitshow like that

Offline PilotMan

The Godfather is one of the best movies ever made, admittedly Part 2 was even better. What is it about The Godfather that you don't like?

I just watched the whole Godfather trilogy again recently, it's OK, whilst it's a great gangster movie (maybe in 1972 it was a ground breaker), IMO it's not one of the "best movies ever made".

I've always heard people going on about "Godfather part2" being the best, after watching it again, I couldn't disagree more, I thought 2 was the worst of the trilogy. I think it's people repeating what they hear everyone else saying, so as to sound like they know what's what, without really knowing or having a true opinion. In fact there are plenty of Mafia / Mob movies that are way better and more realistic, Goodfellas, Once Upon a Time in America, Scarface, Carlito's Way, for example.

The same with The Shawshank Redemption, it's good, but it ain't the best movie ever made, as is often repeated.

The same with music, Marvin Gaye - "What's Going On", it may have been a revolutionary album when it came out and a sign of the disaffected times, but it ain't the best soul album of all time as it's often lauded, even "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye is better.

Some things do deserve their iconic status and aren't over rated, Caterham, probably the best road legal track car (and I've driven quite a few).

Offline WASA38

Agree with you regarding beer.  The best (or maybe worst) example I can give is Becks.  At one time, they made a point that it was also brewed and bottled in Germany. It was OK.  Today it is brewed in UK and it is horrendous.  All marketing bullshit and crap taste.

Not just in the UK but in bloody Luton .  Instant put off.  Used to consider it a treat when a student in Germany.

Offline Pillowtalk

Whenever I see the remains of a camp fire I look at the litter some arseholes leave behind. Some people leave none, but when there is litter its a certainty that the empties will be the anal brands like Fosters, Budweiser, Millers etc.

Lager drinkers = lager louts maybe?

Offline mr.bluesky

Women's sports, just doesn't have the same intensity and physicality as mens

Annoys me so much that the football is rammed down our throats now and we're told how good it is. It is dire IMO, genuinely wouldn't watch it if it was on in my back garden.

Yeah the BBC seem intent on promoting " Wendy ball ". The women's Wendy Ball league results are even given preference over the championship and football league results on the BBC football website.

Offline mr.bluesky

The tv series "Friends " always seems to be repeated on tv . Can't understand how it lasted as long as it did. It just wasn't funny  :unknown:

Offline RandomGuy99

The tv series "Friends " always seems to be repeated on tv . Can't understand how it lasted as long as it did. It just wasn't funny  :unknown:
American humour

The cast have made a fortune though External Link/Members Only

It's like Saturday Night Live.  It used to be fun now it just isn't, but it's one of those American traditions that they just won't let die.

The same with many of their late night talk shows.

Offline Ghost89

Agreed. Awful show. Hugely overrated and as you say endlessly shown.
I always hated the way the audience would shriek in laughter at nothing. Some American humour works. MASH for instance is imo excellent as is Curb your enthusiasm.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Greggs the bakers, nothing special about it at all, it's just cheap mass produced shit.

Try a decent pasty from a local baker using some old family recipe and you'll know the difference  :thumbsup:

Offline willie loman

The godfather novel, is certainly worth a read, very much before its time , as far as sex went, one of the characters went for a fanny tightening operation,

Offline RandomGuy99

Anal sex.

It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Offline mr.bluesky

Anal sex.

It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Yeah, it's a load of shite   :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 05:45:00 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline timsussex

American humour

The cast have made a fortune though External Link/Members Only

It's like Saturday Night Live.  It used to be fun now it just isn't, but it's one of those American traditions that they just won't let die.

The same with many of their late night talk shows.

The only decent American Comedy was Rowan and Martins LaughIn - but perhaps that coloured by the fact I was a teenager !

edit
and lusted after Judy Carne !
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 05:47:24 pm by timsussex »

Offline Rick2468

Pub quizzes - don't mind doing one or two a year but a close group of friends go every week. I used to go with them and thought I'd learn to like it but realised I was never going to happen so stopped going.

Theatre shows - I think I've seen over 100 shows in my life and I reckon there were 5 I enjoyed.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Musicals seem popular on TV especially around Xmas / Easter etc, fucking shite  :thumbsdown:

Offline jackdaw

Claiming thing are over-rated is an over-rated pastime..99.9 percent of the time.

Large majority of time it’s just assuming that one’s own subjective opinion is better than everyone else’s.

Put it this this way, how often have you seen a statement along the lines “People generally rate it as a 5 star film, but I have carried out the following objective rating exercises and actually the films true rating is 3.87 stars”?

Offline Blackpool Rock

Claiming thing are over-rated is an over-rated pastime..99.9 percent of the time.

Large majority of time it’s just assuming that one’s own subjective opinion is better than everyone else’s.

Put it this this way, how often have you seen a statement along the lines “People generally rate it as a 5 star film, but I have carried out the following objective rating exercises and actually the films true rating is 3.87 stars”?
I think you have over estimated that rating or perhaps overrated it  :D

The thing is that I agree with many of the other things that people have mentioned

Offline lewisjones23

excellent shout this

to add to this, any programme that has canned laughter is generally not funny in the slightest

Offline ulstersubbie

I just watched the whole Godfather trilogy again recently, it's OK, whilst it's a great gangster movie (maybe in 1972 it was a ground breaker), IMO it's not one of the "best movies ever made".

I've always heard people going on about "Godfather part2" being the best, after watching it again, I couldn't disagree more, I thought 2 was the worst of the trilogy. I think it's people repeating what they hear everyone else saying, so as to sound like they know what's what, without really knowing or having a true opinion. In fact there are plenty of Mafia / Mob movies that are way better and more realistic, Goodfellas, Once Upon a Time in America, Scarface, Carlito's Way, for example.

Only Once upon a time in America comes close to the Godfather parts 1 and 2 in terms of depth and scope but still not quite as good. Goodfellas is Scorsese at his flashy best but still not in the same league as the Coppola films. Scarface and Carlito's Way are decent enough if somewhat predictable gangster fare. Your strange comment about the Godfather being less realistic than the other films is bizarre to say the least. Still this forum is all about opinions, different viewpoints are always welcome.

Offline ulstersubbie

Watched part of the film Shakespeare,  an hour of my life I'll never get back. Finest band to come out of Manchester- The Stone Roses
Did Shakespeare when I was at school ( I know a very long time ago) that's what put me off it for life. :scare:

Having a bad spelling day today as Colston36 very kindly pointed out  :dash:   :D

I loved the Stone Roses back in the day, but they really only recorded one album and what a fine album it was. As for Shakespeare you're definitely missing out but I know you'll never be persuaded!   :D

Offline ulstersubbie

Monty Python.

The television series was very hit and miss but the feature films were pure joy, especially The Life Of Brian.

Offline shed

A university degree
Ed Sheeran who is the most boring singer /songwriter on the planet

And a night out in Leeds

Offline Blackpool Rock

Offline Blackpool Rock

A university degree

And a night out in Leeds
I'm wondering if someone may respond to this and what the context of that response might be  :D

Offline mr.bluesky

A university degree

And a night out in Leeds

Agree 100% on Ed Sherran,  bland music.
Your night out in Leeds, did that include a visit to Bell end road  :unknown:  :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 07:57:25 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline PepeMAGA

The television series was very hit and miss but the feature films were pure joy, especially The Life Of Brian.
yes Life of Brian was good, I didnt rate the TV show though.

Offline chrishornx

excellent shout this

to add to this, any programme that has canned laughter is generally not funny in the slightest

what is canned laughter?

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

They record people laughing and edit it a bit and they can turn  up the voloume and fade it in and out as required, very usefull if there ins't a live audince..

Offline chrishornx

They record people laughing and edit it a bit and they can turn  up the voloume and fade it in and out as required, very usefull if there ins't a live audince..

well friends was with a live audience

Offline mr.bluesky

Used to excess in American sit coms

Offline myothernameis

Dinner at a  restaurant, and they way they serve the food, skimpy portions, but also over priced, so main course will cost you £50

I prefer a restaurant where you get a wholesome meal, and and at good price

Offline mills_and_bhuna

British women are overrated
I would say British men are overrated but then I remembered nobody rates them anyway

Offline sir wanksalot

Sorry but are you looking for a full argument or a course of them  :rolleyes:

External Link/Members Only

I kind of agree with him

Offline Ghost89

I kind of agree with him

Me too. The movies are great but I started to watch the tv show on Netflix and it hasn’t really aged well some of it.

Offline sir wanksalot

Red Dwarf......there I've said it

Online SonofAJohn

I would say British men are overrated but then I remembered nobody rates them anyway
Women across the globe fly to Britain to have sex with British men. People rate the British man's economy at the very least. Nobody does sex tourism for British women.

Offline willie loman

you are wrong there, brits make good husbands, plenty of countries have garbage men, most of eastern europe for starters.

Offline Colston36

Sorry I didn't realise this was an English examination  :dash:
I bet you're a retired English teacher.
( but you missed the fact that Blackpool Rock also miss spelt overrated in the subject title  :sarcastic:)

I apologise: it was a trivial comment

But you are at least consistently illiterate. It is misspelled or misspelt.

I am a writer not a teacher.

Offline lewisjones23

what is canned laughter?

something that is added to tv shows in editing to let the audience know when they are supposed to laugh, usually needed as the tv shows arent funny at all

Offline Blackpool Rock

Offline Blackpool Rock

I apologise: it was a trivial comment

But you are at least consistently illiterate. It is misspelled or misspelt.

I am a writer not a teacher.
But it's write, he ran it through a spell chequer and it towed him sew  :hi: