Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Auto addition of AdultWork links  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Sinz

Thanks Admin for the auto addition of AW links to the posts.

I presume everyone can stop reporting missing links in reviews once they have been indexed.

This would reduce the load on Admin having to adding the links manually and processing reports.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Placebo88

Thanks Admin for the auto addition of AW links to the posts.

I presume everyone can stop reporting missing links in reviews once they have been indexed.

This would reduce the load on Admin having to adding the links manually and processing reports.

Hidden Image/Members Only
TOFTT and name/profile changes withstanding.

Is there any way of indexing other sites like Vivastreet?

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
TOFTT and name/profile changes withstanding.

Is there any way of indexing other sites like Vivastreet?

Not yet.

At the moment only reviews with AdultWork profiles can be indexed (Vivastreet and other sites for future).

OldAdmin

Expanding the indexing system so it doesn't depend on AdultWork profile links has been on to-do list for more than 2 years.
The problem is it's not straightforward, the code for the current system is all over the place spread over many files. And a number of external scripts depend on the current system / database schema, so they all need to be upgraded in one go.

That's not to say I don't do anything on UKP outside of moderating, the past month I've spent over a dozen hours extra time on backend server improvements and fixing minor technical problems with the site, it's just not apparent anythings changed from the outside.

The issue is I don't have much time these days on UKP/UKE/PW as I am busy with other things. I have a number of improvements that are 50-80% completed (helpful new features that would be highly appreciated), I just don't have time to do that tiny bit extra so they're completely ready.

Offline Sinz

Expanding the indexing system so it doesn't depend on AdultWork profile links has been on to-do list for more than 2 years.
The problem is it's not straightforward, the code for the current system is all over the place spread over many files. And a number of external scripts depend on the current system / database schema, so they all need to be upgraded in one go.

That's not to say I don't do anything on UKP outside of moderating, the past month I've spent over a dozen hours extra time on backend server improvements and fixing minor technical problems with the site.

The issue is I don't have much time these days on UKP/UKE/PW as I am busy with other things.

Thanks for the brilliant work you do Admin.

One thing users need to remember is there are no memebership fee or crappy intrusive adverts, absolutely non-profit. On top of that you have to spent time to moderate and weed out trolls and deal with numerous queries.

The developments you do across the bord are certainly appreciated.  :hi:

vw

I have a number of improvements that are 50-80% completed (helpful new features that would be highly appreciated), I just don't have time to do that tiny bit extra so they're completely ready.

sounds interesting.   :drinks: :drinks:

Offline Brazilian Martian

One thing users need to remember is there are no memebership fee or crappy intrusive adverts, absolutely non-profit. On top of that you have to spent time to moderate and weed out trolls and deal with numerous queries.

+ 500

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24

Totally agree, it's very much appreciated Admin.   :thumbsup:

Offline Chorley

Thanks for your sterling work Admin. It's very much appreciated.  :hi:

mrhappypants

Yep my thanks too.  I have noticed some fixes - being able to see sent items  :thumbsup:

Offline anyfucker

That's not to say I don't do anything on UKP outside of moderating, the past month I've spent over a dozen hours extra time on backend server improvements and fixing minor technical problems with the site, it's just not apparent anythings changed from the outside.

The issue is I don't have much time these days on UKP/UKE/PW as I am busy with other things. I have a number of improvements that are 50-80% completed (helpful new features that would be highly appreciated), I just don't have time to do that tiny bit extra so they're completely ready.
Would it be worth getting a quote from a third party developer for some of the new features that would be highly appreciated and asking for a whip round to cover the cost?

OldAdmin

Would it be worth getting a quote from a third party developer for some of the new features that would be highly appreciated and asking for a whip round to cover the cost?

Because I'm a programmer myself and security conscious, I will still have to take the time to check someone elses code, line by line, which itself takes time and something I find annoying.

Offline Sinz

Because I'm a programmer myself and security conscious, I will still have to take the time to check someone elses code, line by line, which itself takes time and something I find annoying.

I know what you mean, there will be several factors which you will still have to work on post implementation. There is nothing more annoying than having to go through code written by someone else and having to fix or modify. Better off to start from scratch and write the code yourself. Integration with the existing database is another issue. Taking security into account, it won't be viable to give someone access to backend either.  It's a tough one really.

That being said anything we punters can contribute towards, do give us a shout out. Cheers  :drinks:

Offline MrMatrix

Most certainly are appreciated. Don't know how you fiind time to do it all and have a life TBH. Thanks Admin  :drinks: