Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Diet and exercise and their effects on libido  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Rooster

So I started a thread about the use of small doses of steroids to enhance libido which has become very interesting and informative thanks to knowledgeable contributors.

I've decided not to go down that route but to try to lose fat and increase sexual appetite and general energy levels through diet and exercise instead.

In the last ten days or so I've cut right down on sugary, processed foods. I've started lifting heavier in the gym three times a week and I've resumed running a couple of times a week. I'm eating better, fresher food generally and cut down on portion sizes.

The effect has been a noticeable increase in my libido even in that short time and I've lost a couple of pounds already. Maybe there's some placebo effect going on? Whatever. I feel better for it already.

I'm 49 years old and weigh 15 stone 6 lbs. Overweight but I have quite a lot of lean muscle and I'm 6' 2". If I can get down to 14 and a half and keep the muscle I'll be happy. 14 stone is apparently the ideal weight but I'd look too skinny at that weight. If I don't lose it now I never will and probably develop type 2 diabetes at some point.

Has anyone else done this?

Offline peter purves

Thanks for the reminder.  :vomit:

I know it's something I need to do for my general health (not sure about for punting per se - even if it could come in handy). Just cannot get round to do it  :(

Maybe this post might help my cause.

Good luck with your own efforts. Sounds as if you are doing a good job so far, it does not sound like the placebo effect to me.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 03:13:51 pm by peter purves »
Banned reason: Can't / won't take advice.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline PepeMAGA

Even what you've done so far probably helps a lot. In addition to boosting testosterone,a good diet and exercise will also lower prolactin, which kills libido.

Offline peter purves

Even what you've done so far probably helps a lot. In addition to boosting testosterone,a good diet and exercise will also lower prolactin, which kills libido.

This is the other side of the equation where over-training can have an adverse effect - it's all about striking a balance

Offline Sedition

Eat decent food, don't eat processed at all if you help it. (Very difficult, impossible almost unless you adopt some fresh veg only regime).
Don't eat fast food AT ALL . Ever. Don't eat ready meals, try to keep processed meat to a minimum.
It's a simple enough situation. Your body is MADE of the food you put into it. Nothing else.
If you continuously fill it full of shit, there can't be any big surprise if it reacts poorly.
However, personally I think the biggest potential adverse effects on libido and sexual health are booze, smoking and sugar intake.

Offline lovemachine

This is the other side of the equation where over-training can have an adverse effect - it's all about striking a balance

I think this may apply to me. Even though I lift weights 3 & 1/2 times a week it has lowered my libido,and I dont know how to get it back.

Offline Rooster

Maybe break it up with some cardio? How long do you spend in the gym? 40 minutes is quite enough to do one muscle group. Most I spend there is an hour when I do both biceps and triceps.

Offline Rooster

Thanks for the reminder.  :vomit:

I know it's something I need to do for my general health (not sure about for punting per se - even if it could come in handy). Just cannot get round to do it  :(

Maybe this post might help my cause.

Good luck with your own efforts. Sounds as if you are doing a good job so far, it does not sound like the placebo effect to me.

Why not man? Getting healthy is mostly about what you eat and drink, not going all out in the gym.

Offline EnglishRebecca121

• Banned
  • Service Provider
I exersize 6 to 7 days a week  ,, run around 30 miles a week , yoga, spin , boxersize and circuits

Ive never lost my sex drive but i do have have high prolactin which is linked to over exersizing... all it means is my boobs leak milk!

Banned reason: Ex sex worker with zero useful contribution to make
Banned by: Head1

fredpunter

I exersize 6 to 7 days a week  ,, run around 30 miles a week , yoga, spin , boxersize and circuits

Ive never lost my sex drive but i do have have high prolactin which is linked to over exersizing... all it means is my boobs leak milk!

Snap

Offline peter purves

This is some serious training here more akin to an 'athlete' (even if they do not train 6-7 days of the week) rather than the average person

Offline peter purves

Why not man? Getting healthy is mostly about what you eat and drink, not going all out in the gym.

Cheers!!

And a good point too.

Offline Brazilian Martian

This is some serious training here more akin to an 'athlete' (even if they do not train 6-7 days of the week) rather than the average person

I doubt she does all of that as the body can not handle all of that, your meant to leave a few days break between work outs otherwise you end up with niggling injuries which then lead to serious ones.

Not even usain bolt or andre ward train like that
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:45:24 pm by Brazilian Martian »

• Banned
  • Service Provider
you have no idea.... im actually addicted to exersize and do at least 90 mins 6 days a week i even got sent to get help over this so please dont call me a liar  :unknown:

anyone who has seen me will know im a fitness freak by my body alone.

you have no idea.... im actually addicted to exersize and do at least 90 mins 6 days a week i even got sent to get help over this so please dont call me a liar  :unknown:

Looking at your body I would not say that you are athletic i would say you are slim. But I would seriously look into getting  help as going gym 6 days a week is not good for you in the long term :hi: I should know as I suffered a very bad groin tear last year, it all started because I had a groin strain and I did not let it fully heal and thought that hitting the gym harder would be better I the long run. How wrong I was  :dash: I learnt the hard way with that

Offline PepeMAGA

your calorific intake and rest periods probably arent sufficient.
if you're actually lactating due to your prolactin levels that's severe.
not to worry you, but it might be worth seeing your GP.

• Banned
  • Service Provider
As i said you  have no idea about my body you have never met me so prehaps preserve your thoughts..

Yes i am addicted to exersize but there are worse problems in the world..

Anyhow back to the op....

• Banned
  • Service Provider
your calorific intake and rest periods probably arent sufficient.
if you're actually lactating due to your prolactin levels that's severe.
not to worry you, but it might be worth seeing your GP.

Thanks yes high prolactin and no periods... been to the gp and getting help.

Offline PepeMAGA

Thanks yes high prolactin and no periods... been to the gp and getting help.
:thumbsup:

Offline CityTillIDie

Another key is getting enough quality sleep on a regular basis

CTID

Offline Markus

I think its all linked. Thats just from personal experience.

Healthy diet and regular exercise - nothing too over the top (fast walking, light jogging and a bit of weights in the morning). If you have those two in your diet, you sleep better and wake up in a better mood.

It helps with concentration with work and makes you more positive. Its no secret that exercising helps with depression. If the government really wanted to help, they would work with local community exercise groups and gyms to make them more reasonable to attend. £60 a month for gym membership in my area.

As to effects on libido, if you are talking with women and you are in good shape and in a happy mood, it attracts them. Add to that what what regular exercise can do to your skin and you'll be beating them off with a stick  ;)

I think its all linked. Thats just from personal experience.

Healthy diet and regular exercise - nothing too over the top (fast walking, light jogging and a bit of weights in the morning). If you have those two in your diet, you sleep better and wake up in a better mood.

It helps with concentration with work and makes you more positive. Its no secret that exercising helps with depression. If the government really wanted to help, they would work with local community exercise groups and gyms to make them more reasonable to attend. £60 a month for gym membership in my area.

As to effects on libido, if you are talking with women and you are in good shape and in a happy mood, it attracts them. Add to that what what regular exercise can do to your skin and you'll be beating them off with a stick  ;)

60 pound a month for a gym membership, where do you live Mayfair  :unknown:

Offline rg41

How do you find time to please the guys?

How do you find time to please the guys?

She does all of this and also has a regular job, has health issues, retires and unretires it's amazing next she will next claim to be Cometing in the next Olympics in the heptathlon :music:

Offline Markus

60 pound a month for a gym membership, where do you live Mayfair  :unknown:

Near a David Lloyd Gym. They are all priced the same. The community pools are shite in my area.

Offline BlueRock

Some of this has to be down to genes. My male relatives generally have a high libido judging by the amount of affairs, swinging and general verbal interest in sex. I wouldn't say the gym makes mine any different or food. I still occasionally
as juvenile as it is smoke weed and that makes my sexual appetite rage.....and my appetite for a pizza too.

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
So I started a thread about the use of small doses of steroids to enhance libido which has become very interesting and informative thanks to knowledgeable contributors.

I've decided not to go down that route but to try to lose fat and increase sexual appetite and general energy levels through diet and exercise instead.

In the last ten days or so I've cut right down on sugary, processed foods. I've started lifting heavier in the gym three times a week and I've resumed running a couple of times a week. I'm eating better, fresher food generally and cut down on portion sizes.

The effect has been a noticeable increase in my libido even in that short time and I've lost a couple of pounds already. Maybe there's some placebo effect going on? Whatever. I feel better for it already.

I'm 49 years old and weigh 15 stone 6 lbs. Overweight but I have quite a lot of lean muscle and I'm 6' 2". If I can get down to 14 and a half and keep the muscle I'll be happy. 14 stone is apparently the ideal weight but I'd look too skinny at that weight. If I don't lose it now I never will and probably develop type 2 diabetes at some point.

Has anyone else done this?
Yes. I'm trying to get a six pack by summer. Going pretty well I can see definition down the sides of my stomach which I didn't have even when I was in my late teens. I'm quite a bit lighter than you, but a bit shorter and I do look what most people would class as a medium to slim build. I managed to lose half a stone after Christmas, so I'm now working on getting lean muscle not too bothered about bulking up. Rather than diabetes what worried me most is if I don't get in shape now I never will as I don't think I will have the determination.

I've cut out the energy drinks, which is a shame as there's some new ones out this year. Cut down on coffee and booze. Hardly have a Lar Dee Dar these days. Rarely buy processed food and if I do I go for the better stuff like chilled pizzas, rather than microwave meals. I've noticed I've had more energy. I don't know if my libido is improving, but I have noticed more appreciative looks and my confidence growing. My advice is to avoid steroids, the side affects including acne and sleep deprivation you definitely don't want.

Offline king tarzan

Fresh coriander in a fresh curry big time no no for me..
Very hard for me to get erection
(Can't account for anyone else just incase someone finds above factual comment about myself offensive towards certain communities )
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.

Offline Trenlover

Some of this has to be down to genes. My male relatives generally have a high libido judging by the amount of affairs, swinging and general verbal interest in sex. I wouldn't say the gym makes mine any different or food. I still occasionally
as juvenile as it is smoke weed and that makes my sexual appetite rage.....and my appetite for a pizza too.

it definitely is largely genetic, just like everything about you is, ( personality, bodyfat, skeletal shape, height, and libido )

alot of scientists will quote "genes load the gun but environment pulls the trigger" and while on the face of it that is true, the effects of environment are way over stated in general medicine. Pretty much everything is blamed on "lifestyle" choices and free will, when the exact opposite is true, its mostly about genes and genetics.

improving libido through diet and exercise is almost certainly due entirely to lowering insulin which will lower the conversion of testosterone to estradiol thus improving LH and FSH secretion. in the fitness and twitter community I see alot of bullshit being thrown around like "lift heavy weights for testosterone and libido"  shit give me a break.

I can raise my testosterone way higher by simply popping an aromatase inhibitor that will work far better than a 200kg deadlift.

Offline peter purves

it definitely is largely genetic, just like everything about you is, ( personality, bodyfat, skeletal shape, height, and libido )

alot of scientists will quote "genes load the gun but environment pulls the trigger" and while on the face of it that is true, the effects of environment are way over stated in general medicine. Pretty much everything is blamed on "lifestyle" choices and free will, when the exact opposite is true, its mostly about genes and genetics.

improving libido through diet and exercise is almost certainly due entirely to lowering insulin which will lower the conversion of testosterone to estradiol thus improving LH and FSH secretion. in the fitness and twitter community I see alot of bullshit being thrown around like "lift heavy weights for testosterone and libido"  shit give me a break.

I can raise my testosterone way higher by simply popping an aromatase inhibitor that will work far better than a 200kg deadlift.

Although, I understand your reasoning. I think you may have over-stated the role of genetics. Since following this line of reasoning to its logical conclusion: If someone is fat, it is because of their genes and similarly, if they are ripped like Bruce Lee was, then it is genetics again.

The environment - and/or use of supplements - can help push the body much further than it would go otherwise. We see this every day with professional athletes

As for raising libido some suggest it can be any 'strenuous' exercise, some say yoga can have a positive effect in this regard.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:54:52 pm by peter purves »

Offline rathbone

I guess from what I’ve read and observed, improving your health generally will improve specific things like libido and stamina.  That means doing all the things we already know we should, like eating healthily - more fruit and veg, and try to cut out processed foods, drinking enough water, getting 7 or 8 hours’ sleep most nights, cutting down on alcohol, cutting out smoking, taking more fresh air and exercise - a half hour run or cycle every day, or even a brisk walk.  Lots of other positive side effects like losing weight, improving concentration, and ultimately avoiding type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and so on.

Offline Rooster

Speaking of supplements, what do others take?

I take multi-vitamins, omega 3 fish oil, glucosamine, zinc and a quarter aspirin every day. I'm also loading with creatine at the moment. I used to take protein shakes after the gym but I've read they're a con and you get enough protein in a normal diet unless your some super-athlete. Still have a tub to get through though.

Offline TomR

I think it's very easy to want to diet and exercise but the really difficult thing is actually
doing it and then maintaining it. I am overweight and do occasionally go on a sort of diet
i.e. wine instead of beer, no cheese, no chocolate etc but it never lasts. I have never conquered
the huge obstacle of the desire to just eat and drink things that give me instant gratification. I
know what I should be eating and drinking and what I shouldn't but it's doing it that beats me.
I have huge admiration for those who can make permanent changes to their lifestyle that results
in improved fitness and health. A gift that I think, alas, will always elude me.

• Banned
  • Service Provider

I take multi-vitamins, omega 3 fish oil, glucosamine, zinc and a quarter aspirin every day. I'm also loading with creatine at the moment. I used to take protein shakes after the gym but I've read they're a con and you get enough protein in a normal diet unless your some super-athlete. Still have a tub to get through though.

Green Tea Extract
Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
L-Carnitine
L-Glutamine
ZMA
Thermopure
Creatine Monohydrate

Im sure i fucking rattle when i walk!

Offline TomR

Goodness, have you noticed a real difference since taking those things? That is commitment.

• Banned
  • Service Provider
Goodness, have you noticed a real difference since taking those things? That is commitment.

sleep better
dont get hungry
good skin
can train hard.

Offline TomR

It is certainly something to think about. Can't do it all in one go but must try to make small changes
and build on them. Very interesting posts in this section.

Offline Trenlover

If someone is fat, it is because of their genes and similarly, if they are ripped like Bruce Lee was, then it is genetics again.

but that is mostly true. Plenty of evidence to support it aswell such as twin-overfeeding studies which controls for genetics.

In these studies different twin groups gain highly variable amounts of fat in response to deliberate overfeeding, but the amount of fat each twin gains compared to his identical twin is exactly the same, they also gain the fat in the same places.

your height is mostly genetic
hair color, genetic
skin color, genetic
personality, genetic,
eye color, genetic,
skeletal shape, genetic
intelligence, genetic
bodyfat, ?????????  lifesytle?  :dash:

Supplements are useless and a waste of money mate. youll have to trust me, the best advice I can give for health is ,

whole foods diet,
keep an eye on insulin secreting foods
exercise
8-9hrs sleep.
plenty of sex !

with regards to supplements/drugs, the stuff that works is the stuff that is regulated, and thats because big pharma wants to control the market for £££$$$
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:58:12 am by Trenlover »

Offline PepeMAGA

Zinc & fenugreek libido
Omega 3 mood
Vitamin D cos I don't get enough sun

Offline Marmalade

It is certainly something to think about. Can't do it all in one go but must try to make small changes
and build on them. Very interesting posts in this section.
You'd think all that creative and green tea would help her lose weight.  :hi:

You'd think all that creative and green tea would help her lose weight.  :hi:
The other day she was complaining that's she's too skinny, now she's super fit from all the training she does. Most things she says it's best to take with a pinch of salt.

Offline Gordon Bennett

I nip into my local council gym a couple of times a week. Vast majority of people there are fat and overweight. There are some commited regular attendees there who seem to really hammer it but they're about 2/3 stone overweight I reckon ( and have been for several years). This seems to suggest that slim/healthy bodies are made in the kitchen, not the gym. Cut out all the crappy processed foods and eat sensible modest portions. Under no circumstances embark on a diet - they never work in the long term. You just have to decide to eat healthily as a permanent and ongoing lifestyle choice. Yeah, exercise is important but try and get that through an active lifestyle as opposed to doing monotonous regimes in gyms or jogging endlessly.
I should explain that I have to go to gym to do a sort of physiotherapy. I still play sport but my knees and​ shoulders are creaking so I have to keep the supporting muscles strong  by doing a programme of loaded rotations and extensions.