Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Suggestion for a punting phone  (Read 1639 times)

Offline ForrestGump

Never gonna impress anyone with this but, as a punting phone, it'll do the job.

External Link/Members Only

Offline oldfart

I got one from carphonewarehouse for just the cost of a £10 topup.
 a  samsung  phone.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:23:05 am by oldfart »

Rochdull lad

I'm not sure, Forrest; that looks pretty sophisticated in comparison with this External Link/Members Only , which cost me all of 9 quid at Tesco! ;)

Even though I'm not married/in a relationship, I was, as I'm sure you were, looking for something bog-standard which couldn't track you or trace your whereabouts.

Offline CBPaul

I'm not sure, Forrest; that looks pretty sophisticated in comparison with this External Link/Members Only , which cost me all of 9 quid at Tesco! ;)

Even though I'm not married/in a relationship, I was, as I'm sure you were, looking for something bog-standard which couldn't track you or trace your whereabouts.

Spot on, this is exactly what I would go for. Actually pretty much like mine only a lot newer.

20 quid CASH in Tesco and you have a phone and £10 of calling credit. Perfect !

Offline ForrestGump

Thanks all for your feedback.  :hi:

You're right there's bound to be a better deal available somewhere. But for someone who can't be arsed to go hunting for the sake of a couple of quid there's a link to the page from where it can be bought, it's in stock and available now. The path of least resistance is, I find, often the best one to take.

On the topic of sophistication, RL, I'm guessing this phone doesn't have a lot. Not at that price point. I agree that the marketing pic suggests otherwise. But I'd say it's probably right there in the same league as the Nokia you describe.  :)

Offline ForrestGump

OK so based on all the replies it seems as though everyone else has a better idea about a low cost punting phone. In which case please ignore my suggestion. Sorry to have wasted your time with my sub-standard suggestion  :(

Offline oldfart

OK so based on all the replies it seems as though everyone else has a better idea about a low cost punting phone. In which case please ignore my suggestion. Sorry to have wasted your time with my sub-standard suggestion  :(

Now go away and shoot yourself......

guns are cheaper at amazon,

Offline Cactus

I've got the very same one at present, simple and functional - all you could want in a punting phone.  Only downside is that I need to use Vodafone as all other networks are pretty shit where I spend alot of my non punting time.

Offline Cactus

Dry your eyes petal.

Offline CBPaul

Apology accepted.

Actually you are quite right about path of least resistance. I' choose Tesco because it is close by and I can get a cheap crappy phone easily, without someone banging on about upgrades and whatever else. Their PAYG is pretty good too.

Essentially you want a punting phone to be basic, make and receive calls and texts with no other fancy stuff that could catch you out.

Rochdull lad

With respect, Forrest, don't be so touchy - as with so much else on Message Boards [specially Punting Boards?], we've all got different, not necessarily better, suggestions.

I was trying to be flippant when I said that the Samsung you mentioned looked more sophisticated than my Nokia.  I also only mentioned the Nokia because it seems to be so un- :cool:, these days; I don't think anything could look less sophisticated than it, which is presumably one of a number of reasons why Nokia's share of the mobile phone market has crashed.

Like you, I go for the easiest course; and as I can't stand those smart young lads with their slicked-back hair with their know-it-all attitudes in the various phone shops :angry:, I picked up my punting phone when doing the weekend "Big shop" in Tesco, as much because that's where I got my non-punting phone.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:24:03 pm by Rochdull lad »

Offline oldfart

I blame you Rochdull lad,
                                taking the piss out of forest,
                                                 hope he tells his dad about you.

Rochdull lad

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Will I ever be able to live with the guilt you've just laid on me, oldfart?!

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
For any newbies looking at this thread, similar thread previously started, including about SIM Cards, being anonymous, etc....

Also search for "punting phone" on main UKP page.

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=3083.0

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=14357.msg221547;topicseen#msg221547

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=20044.0

Offline ForrestGump

I blame you Rochdull lad,
                                taking the piss out of forest,
                                                 hope he tells his dad about you.

I could trade insults with you, oldfart.
          But that's exactly what you're hoping for.
                                      So I'm not going to give you the satisfaction.
                                                                Sorry about that, fella.  ;)

Offline oldfart

Just joking with ya mate,  no offence... :drinks:

Offline ForrestGump

With respect, Forrest, don't be so touchy - as with so much else on Message Boards [specially Punting Boards?], we've all got different, not necessarily better, suggestions.

I was trying to be flippant when I said that the Samsung you mentioned looked more sophisticated than my Nokia.  I also only mentioned the Nokia because it seems to be so un- :cool:, these days; I don't think anything could look less sophisticated than it, which is presumably one of a number of reasons why Nokia's share of the mobile phone market has crashed.

Like you, I go for the easiest course; and as I can't stand those smart young lads with their slicked-back hair with their know-it-all attitudes in the various phone shops :angry:, I picked up my punting phone when doing the weekend "Big shop" in Tesco, as much because that's where I got my non-punting phone.

Thanks for taking the time to explain RL.  :hi:

I've just discovered what can happen when I stick my head above the parapet. If I ever do that again I'll be sure to remember my tin hat.  :)

cockneybstrd

Not sure you have them out of London (but I am sure you do) but just go to one of the numerous dubious shops selling second hand phones and grab one of those.