Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: TV ads you hate  (Read 15234 times)

Offline sparkus

Very much this ^ also I hate the Jet2 advert and that dreadful 'Hold my hand' song.

Whenever I see those 'ideal couples' in TV ads I always think "I bet he punts"

I did some research on the Radox chick and it seems the mango may not be as sweet as I imagined (was easy to find her as clearly others have Googled her as well).

Offline winkywanky

One ad which bucks that trend (and some others, and I also like the soundtrack) is the current eBay ad.

A young, good looking, aspirational couple furnishing their new home together. The guy is White, the girl is Mixed, they seem to share a very equal stake in it. No gender politics, just relationship harmony. The girl gets to stroke the cat at the end on the sofa but I'll forgive them that  :P.

Offline winkywanky

Whenever I see those 'ideal couples' in TV ads I always think "I bet he punts"

I did some research on the Radox chick and it seems the mango may not be as sweet as I imagined (was easy to find her as clearly others have Googled her as well).

Did KT punt her in a previous life and she had a smelly fanny?

Offline sparkus

One ad which bucks that trend (and some others, and I also like the soundtrack) is the current eBay ad.

A young, good looking, aspirational couple furnishing their new home together. The guy is White, the girl is Mixed, they seem to share a very equal stake in it. No gender politics, just relationship harmony. The girl gets to stroke the cat at the end on the sofa but I'll forgive them that  :P.

The consensus in the Sparkus household is "Fucking pair of hipsters :dash:"

Fun fact: the ad music is by Redbone, the highest charting Native American band ever.

Offline sparkus

Did KT punt her in a previous life and she had a smelly fanny?

I want KT to google "Simone Holmes" and give us his verdict.  I'm guessing :thumbsdown:, big time.

Offline winkywanky

The consensus in the Sparkus household is "Fucking pair of hipsters :dash:"

Fun fact: the ad music is by Redbone, the highest charting Native American band ever.

What the actual fuck?!!! Of The Witch Queen of New Orleans fame!!!  :cool:

Re: your comment about 'hipsters' sparkus, it just makes you sound old  :P  :D

Offline DouglasReynholm

That's Matt Berry, who's someone's avatar on here as it happens.  He also starred in that drama about the prostitutes killed in Ipswich.

Quite weirdly I have seen him in a bar too (was by himself and kept looking at everyone in that kind of 'If you recognise me come over' way (I've seen several celebs do this, including Dave Gorman).

He did make a good album of TV theme tune cover versions a year or two back: External Link/Members Only
I don't post in the off-topic forums because as you all know as I am far too busy being an intentional man of mystery, but if you check my reviews you will see none of them were anywhere near Ipswich.

A number of albums actually: External Link/Members Only as you can see, I've now uploaded my UKP avatar here.

And yes, if you do recognise me and want to have sex with me, do come over. If you're a girl. And attractive. And not mental.  :hi:

Offline winkywanky

I want KT to google "Simone Holmes" and give us his verdict.  I'm guessing :thumbsdown:, big time.

She's been in Corrie and shit. And... :unknown:.

Offline winkywanky

I don't post in the off-topic forums because as you all know as I am far too busy being an intentional man of mystery, but if you check my reviews you will see none of them were anywhere near Ipswich.

A number of albums actually: External Link/Members Only as you can see, I've now uploaded my UKP avatar here.

And yes, if you do recognise me and want to have sex with me, do come over. If you're a girl. And attractive. And not mental.  :hi:

Are you intentionally an international man of mystery Matt?

Offline DouglasReynholm

Are you intentionally an international man of mystery Matt?
I will be after lockdown. Foreign travel is hardly the thing at the moment, is it?

Offline winkywanky

I will be after lockdown. Foreign travel is hardly the thing at the moment, is it?

Indeed it isn't, just so long as that's defiantly the case  :D

Offline DouglasReynholm

That's defiantly what I meant to tyre.

Offline Markus

I like this advert. Has to be one of my favourite:

External Link/Members Only

Offline sparkus

I quite liked the ad for power tools a few years back, at least I think it was an ad: External Link/Members Only

Offline sparkus

She's been in Corrie and shit. And... :unknown:.

And a bath.  In a Radox ad.

She does look better wet than clothed.

Offline winkywanky

And a bath.  In a Radox ad.

She does look better wet than clothed.

I'm disappointed, I thought you had some dirt on her sparkus!  :D

Offline sparkus

I'm disappointed, I thought you had some dirt on her sparkus!  :D

I'm guessing or at least hoping she'll be less dirty after she leaves the bath than when she went in :)

Offline winkywanky

I'm guessing or at least hoping she'll be less dirty after she leaves the bath than when she went in :)

That would depend on whether there was anyone in the bath with her at the time.

I would certainly like to give her a damned good Radoxing from behind.

Offline Warkboy

I will never use GoCompare due to the annoyance factor of their adverts. I know it makes them memorable, but they exhausted my patience soon after 2010.

Offline sparkus

That would depend on whether there was anyone in the bath with her at the time.

I would certainly like to give her a damned good Radoxing from behind.

I might be prejudging the mango based on her face (and yes, her behind might be great too).

Given the purpose of the ad campaign was to shake off its OAP image, I'd say it's succeeded.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 04:01:09 pm by sparkus »

Offline Hotpocket

"Someone's knocking at your door, somebody's ringing your bell" well i ain't answering because it does my frigging head in.

Offline sparkus

"Someone's knocking at your door, somebody's ringing your bell" well i ain't answering because it does my frigging head in.

I can't stand the McCartney original or the Billy Paul cover used.

It's a bit of a pisser if you win that lottery prize then all your friends and neighbours on the council estate will know from the stupid advert and start asking for handouts :dash:

Offline willie loman

Out of interest, how much is it to subscribe to youtube?
Are there different levels of subscription?
Paid monthly or annually?

can only say i pay around 11 £ a month to avoid the ads, first month free, if you are on you tube they make these offers

Offline paper7

Those damned 'Perf with surf' ads. Sounds like she's saying, 'Puff with suff' I wish she'd speak English. What's the fkn advert about anyway?
Another one that really grates my gears is the 'Cinch' ads. The way he pronounces the word 'motor' really does my head in.

Offline gonewest

The 'Step One' bamboo underware!

Peleton adverts.

Adverts for women's panty pads, I just don't want to know!

Just about any over 50s Life Insurance.

As I head deep into the back nine of my golfing life I hate any mention of Life Insurancw

Offline sparkus

Those damned 'Perf with surf' ads. Sounds like she's saying, 'Puff with suff' I wish she'd speak English. What's the fkn advert about anyway?
Another one that really grates my gears is the 'Cinch' ads. The way he pronounces the word 'motor' really does my head in.

That's Dani Dyer.  I don't know why but those ads make me want to fuck her, possibly just to shut her up.

Those Haribo ads where adults talk like little children :dash:

Online StingRay

The GoCompare adds now show the silly fat fucker in real life - as if anyone gives a flying fart in a hurricane. Never used it once as a direct result of that bloke !

I'm actually OK with him since he came clean, but understand your sentiment about never using because of the advert - mine is the meerk*nts and their supermarket!!!

Online StingRay

Vinny also really pisses me off, is he really that hard up for money, and those "adults" that use kids voices FFS - I wonder what their friends say (but I can guess) !!!!! ???

Offline Corus Boy

The current Brut advert, fronted by what seems to be an escapee from EastEnders.

Offline DouglasReynholm

Absolutely ANY fucking advert where they say we got this or you got this.
Yes there are several. Also ads that talk about "owning it", "smashing it", (like you and your telly) or use nouns wrongly - and not just party as a verb but "be more noun/proper noun".

Oh and the Starbucks one where they write your other gender name on your cup. They stopped showing it but still, £5 for a coffee? How dare they; this is England, bring on the tea.

Good thing I don't post in these off-topic forums or I'd waste half my day.

Offline sparkus

The current Brut advert, fronted by what seems to be an escapee from EastEnders.

Vinnie Jones?

Offline winkywanky

Yes there are several. Also ads that talk about "owning it", "smashing it", (like you and your telly) or use nouns wrongly - and not just party as a verb but "be more noun/proper noun".

Oh and the Starbucks one where they write your other gender name on your cup. They stopped showing it but still, £5 for a coffee? How dare they; this is England, bring on the tea.

Good thing I don't post in these off-topic forums or I'd waste half my day.

I guess truth be told, it's just basically the Americanisms which really piss me off  :dash:  :P

Offline David1970

Nationwide advert, an actor talking total bollocks to the camera about not paying his share of a meal in a restaurant, what that to do with a Building Society?

Offline rockstar

Out of interest, how much is it to subscribe to youtube?
Are there different levels of subscription?
Paid monthly or annually?
I am using a MBP and I find YT ads always play when using Safari regardless of ABP settings but never do when using Chrome !

Offline sparkus

I hate Intuit QuickBooks at the best of times but their 'Taking care of business' pretend heavy metal advert with assorted uglies...

Offline paper7

That's Dani Dyer.  I don't know why but those ads make me want to fuck her, possibly just to shut her up.

Those Haribo ads where adults talk like little children :dash:
Oh God! I'd forgotten about those, now they're going round my head and won't stop!

Offline Dave33ws6

I hate Intuit QuickBooks at the best of times but their 'Taking care of business' pretend heavy metal advert with assorted uglies...

+1

Offline Dave33ws6

Offline sparkus

"I've just crashed into a pet shop,"

Offline Sir Robin

Reading through these going yep yep yep you realise how many annoying ads are out there - but they must work otherwise they wouldn’t keep making them!

Offline winkywanky

Yes, the whole jokey tone of that ad surprised me a little, no mention of whether any pets were harmed in the making of the ad?

Offline David1970

The ring door bell adverts

Is that the post code lottery one, so annoying

Offline sparkus

Is that the post code lottery one, so annoying

I think he means the brand Ring, who sell CCTV doorbells.

Yes, both ads are annoying to the max.

Offline David1970

« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 03:17:54 pm by David1970 »

Offline Dave33ws6

I think he means the brand Ring, who sell CCTV doorbells.

Yes, both ads are annoying to the max.

That's the one

Offline Dave33ws6

If she had just crashed into a pet shop she wouldn't just be stood there like a statue speaking in a monotone voice

Offline Corus Boy

Any advert that uses a Sarf London or Cockney accent to promote financial matters!

What makes people think that a Del Boy character is going to do good things with their money?

Offline King Nuts

All of them. They ruin the viewing experience.

Quite. They're all detestable.

For starters, it's rare to see any group of people in an ad that's representative of what Britain actually looks like outside of Tottenham. But worse than that, is the total lack of imagination. We had memorable ads in the old days, with strap lines and sayings that passed into common parlance.

Refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach.
You got an 'ology.
Tea's too wet without one
You cant get better than a Kwik Fit fitter
Does what it says on the tin
For mash get smash

and so on

And the ads just looked better and were far more imaginative.

Like this Honda ad: External Link/Members Only

Cadburys gorilla: External Link/Members Only

Guiness: External Link/Members Only

Online WARSZAWA16

Always fast forward through the adverts nowadays. These would be my all time favourite adverts though. PG Tips Chimps Adverts Full Collection:

External Link/Members Only