Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Adelphi Hotel - Liverpool. What happened?  (Read 1918 times)

Offline PD11

Does anyone know why this once popular punting hotel is now very, very rarely used by WG’s?

I know it’s a bit past its sell by date, but I thought the price and location alone would be enough to tempt girls to work from there.

I’ve done some major shagging over the years in that place but I couldn’t tell you the last time I dipped my toe in.

Just curious.

Offline lewisjones23

Its that much of a dump that even WG don't want to work from there

Plenty of other hotels in the city centre with much better facilities/decor for not much more money

Offline PD11

Its that much of a dump that even WG don't want to work from there

Plenty of other hotels in the city centre with much better facilities/decor for not much more money

Tbf now that I am thinking about it, I can’t recall the last time I went to a hotel. It seems all apartment based now.

Offline JRWK

A few SP's might book a Day Room - that's where I got the idea from - Adelphi don't offer them as far as I know

Online scutty brown

It's a Britannia
All the explanation you need

Offline Chris1990mcr

A lot of girls used to use hotels, but now there are so many serviced apartments and air bnb offerings they don't tend to anymore.

Always feel quite safe visiting a hotel.

Offline PD11

A lot of girls used to use hotels, but now there are so many serviced apartments and air bnb offerings they don't tend to anymore.

Always feel quite safe visiting a hotel.

Yes, I agree. You know you’re on camera and the room is booked in someone’s name. It’s not ideal, but much preferable to a block of flats’.

Offline Chris1990mcr

Yes, I agree. You know you’re on camera and the room is booked in someone’s name. It’s not ideal, but much preferable to a block of flats’.

Exactly that my guard is always a lot lower. Feel far more relaxed.

Offline Colston36

It's a Britannia
All the explanation you need

Britannia have a unique business strategy - happily running the worst hotels in Britain, Mind you the Adelphi was shit already when I had my first job in Liverpool over 60 years ago,

Offline PD11

Britannia have a unique business strategy - happily running the worst hotels in Britain, Mind you the Adelphi was shit already when I had my first job in Liverpool over 60 years ago,

Are they the worst? Or do they just pick the most ridiculously large buildings! I’m sure they have two in Manchester - The Britannia & Saschas - that were also popular.

Offline GorillaWarfare

I haven't done a hotel punt in years. I'd imagine as noted it's not just the Adelphi that's got less WGs booking in - suppose there's zero risk of the door staff clocking on when it comes to flats or AirBNBs and the like. Price wise I'd be interested to hear from one of the WGs that post on this site at the comparisons.

Also the fact that the Adelphi is a bit of a shit-hole and everyone in Liverpool knows that it's essentially a brothel from the third floor upwards.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 05:24:05 pm by GorillaWarfare »

Offline Blue1878

Girls working from here is usually a red flag for me after some poor punts years ago. There was a young girl who I had seen before stating she was at the Adelphi but that was enough to put me off a return visit

Offline Springoid

That used to be a premier hotel in Liverpool, there was a fly on the wall series filmed there in the 90’s.  Would like to see an update!

Offline Thephoenix

That used to be a premier hotel in Liverpool, there was a fly on the wall series filmed there in the 90’s.  Would like to see an update!

It was truly a premier hotel long before the 90s.
Winston Churchill stayed there often, as did Harold Wilson.

Many top artists performing at The Empire Theatre in Lime Street stayed there including Frank Sinatra and Judy Garland.

I remember when it was proper posh to go there for afternoon tea.

A favourite memory of the place was when Roy Rogers and Dale Evans were appearing at The Empire along with his famous horse Trigger, and the three of them all stayed in the hotel.

Like many old hotels it's seen better days, but it's still got lots of character.

Hidden Image/Members Only

« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 10:11:56 pm by Thephoenix »

Offline PD11

It was truly a premier hotel long before the 90s.
Winston Churchill stayed there often, as did Harold Wilson.

Many top artists performing at The Empire Theatre in Lime Street stayed there including Frank Sinatra and Judy Garland.

I remember when it was proper posh to go there for afternoon tea.

A favourite memory of the place was when Roy Rogers and Dale Evans were appearing at The Empire along with his famous horse Trigger, and the three of them all stayed in the hotel.

Like many old hotels it's seen better days, but it's still got lots of character.

Great pics. It’s a fallen giant, but you’re correct, the building has more character than 95% of those in the city.