Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Cardiff Bay  (Read 1347 times)

Offline h34

As a visitor to Cardiff Bay I've found myself wanting some action, but often at short notice and with a small window.

One frustration of AW listings is that these are listed as Cardiff Bay, but could mean Atlantic Wharf/Mermaid Quay (which is what I want), or Ikea/Morrisons (which is not what I want).

I wondered if anyone had a list of service providers and could list them on either side of the bay.  This would save me (and maybe others) in messaging all the girls individually and wasting their time.

This post follows my recent visit to Bann Sakunee.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Corus Boy

They do move about!

At a guess;

60%+ At the Retail Park side. Western end of the Bay, Morrisons. Prospect Place, Ferry Road, Windsor Court.

<10% Around Dumballs Road. Century Wharf, Overstone Court.

<10% At Mermaid Quay. Havannah Street, Quayside Apartments.

<10% At Lloyd George Avenue. Hemingway Road and Schooner Way. Each block has it's own name.

<10% Pierhead Street. Eastern end of the Bay. Celestia, Adventurers Quay and the Waterquarter.

Offline nonuser

This is an excellent topic, and exactly what this part of the board should be for (imo).

Unfortunately, I'm too old to know many of these places as I still (just about) remeber the docks!

Offline Proton

This is an excellent topic, and exactly what this part of the board should be for (imo).

Unfortunately, I'm too old to know many of these places as I still (just about) remember the docks!
  Yes... It's hard to believe how much it's changed, I was given a framed black & white photo by my mum that's still on my wall..

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 04:15:43 pm by Proton »

Offline Corus Boy

Yes... It's hard to believe how much it's changed, I was given a framed black & white photo by my mum that's still on my wall..

If you are in the Bay I suggest a visit to the Post Office in Bute Street.

On the wall they have a framed picture of two aerial photos of then and now pictures.  What are now roads were waterways, now apartment complexes were docks.

Hidden Image/Members Only
This area, outlined in yellow, is Roald Dahl Place;

Now an exhibition site.

The waterway to the north is a dual carriage road to the city centre, Thomas Ellis Way.

The wet area to the right is the site of the Senydd.

The same area now;

At the top of the water area shown in the top right of this picture is Baan Sakunee;

Offline Trpy

As a visitor to Cardiff Bay I've found myself wanting some action, but often at short notice and with a small window.

One frustration of AW listings is that these are listed as Cardiff Bay, but could mean Atlantic Wharf/Mermaid Quay (which is what I want), or Ikea/Morrisons (which is not what I want).

I wondered if anyone had a list of service providers and could list them on either side of the bay.  This would save me (and maybe others) in messaging all the girls individually and wasting their time.

This post follows my recent visit to Bann Sakunee.

Thanks in advance!

The advantage is that  for Morrrisons you can park in ASDA car park without being clocked.   Unless you happened to  be the twat who parked his Porsche in front of a Morrisons click and collect van recently

May as well changed his number plate to PUN TER 1

Twat

Offline h34

Thanks for all the replies - also GREAT pictures!

To quote the above:

60%+ At the Retail Park side. Western end of the Bay, Morrisons. Prospect Place, Ferry Road, Windsor Court.

<10% At Lloyd George Avenue. Hemingway Road and Schooner Way. Each block has it's own name.
<10% Pierhead Street. Eastern end of the Bay. Celestia, Adventurers Quay and the Waterquarter.

I'd probably bundle this into 60% retail park side, and 40% other side.  So walkable if I'm working in the Mermaid Quay area...

Offline Proton

Corus Boy Many thanks for posting the Bay photos.
Good memories with as my grandfather and virtually as soon as I could walk, would take me on the top deck of a bus to Pier-Head. Midday would eat in a Brains pub Packet where I had a very small glass with a handle of beer no body cared. It was family thing as he took his daughter(my mum) with the little glass in his pocket. Then I did for decades just mum & me, but no little glass it went missing unfortunately . :drinks:

Offline Corus Boy

Corus Boy Many thanks for posting the Bay photos.
Good memories with as my grandfather and virtually as soon as I could walk, would take me on the top deck of a bus to Pier-Head. Midday would eat in a Brains pub Packet where I had a very small glass with a handle of beer no body cared. It was family thing as he took his daughter(my mum) with the little glass in his pocket. Then I did for decades just mum & me, but no little glass it went missing unfortunately . :drinks:

Well the Packet is still there!

And the Pierhead building.

There are 1,000s of photos of the old docks online.  Use Google images and do a search fo, 'old photos of tiger bay cardiff.'

« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 05:27:53 pm by Corus Boy »

Offline Proton

Your last aerial B&W photo of the docks, is the one on my wall, can't ever see anything in the new Cardiff so photographed in the future.
 Central Square is an empty concrete space, void of any character except of dozens of skate-boards zooming around.
 Not to mention the dopey replacement bus station, to impress the visitors who arrive my train and looking for buses across south Wales.    :dash:

Offline Corus Boy

Your last aerial B&W photo of the docks, is the one on my wall, can't ever see anything in the new Cardiff so photographed in the future.
 Central Square is an empty concrete space, void of any character except of dozens of skate-boards zooming around.
 Not to mention the dopey replacement bus station, to impress the visitors who arrive my train and looking for buses across south Wales.    :dash:

Some years back I wrote to BBC Wales describing how as an Englishman I was fascinated with the stories that the older people that I would meet as I walked in Cardiff Bay.

I went on to say that in the near future these people and their stories would be gone forever.

Would it not make an interesting programme to document their tales while still alive?

I got a polite reply saying that they could not see any likely interest or demand?

I was new to Cardiff back then and learnt so many things that interested me.

Like the Penarth tunnel;

The view from the front of the tunneling shield taken on the 1st July 1897. These were incredible people indeed who toiled in such conditions inside the shield. It was heavy physical work in cramped claustrophobic conditions. The chamber was subjected to increased atmospheric pressure generated by an air compressor installed above ground and intended to create an environment where water ingress was reduced. However, this internal pressure increased the possibility of a sudden catastrophic blow out. The hydraulic mechanisms to move the shield forward may be seen at the left and right hand sides (there probably about six hydraulic cylinders in total situated around the periphery of the shield) and the control valves are laid out on the bulkhead (wall) around the airtight door.

That Churchill Way, outside Bann Sakunee was the site of the Glamorganshire Canal, Merthyr to Cardiff Docks, which is still there under the road but filled in.

Another document I found was the Cardiff Public Art Strategy;

External Link/Members Only

From where I discovered that Cardiff's first airport was at Pengam Green;

Now the site of Pengam Tesco Supestore.

In 1963/4 a factory, comprising two vast sheds one either side of the former main runway at its northern end, was erected to manufacture transmissions and axles for Rover and Land Rover vehicles. The airfield's perimeter track was upgraded and named 'Rover Way', presumably at about this time. The factory closed in November 1984. The airfield site continues to be redeveloped with housing and industrial units; the names of some of the new roads recall the former airfield and include Runway Road, Seawall Road, Hawker Close, Handley Road, Halifax Close, Clos Avro and De Havilland Road, amongst others. It is unlikely that any buildings associated with the aerodrome, within the perimeter track, have survived. However, to the south west of the airfield, in Seawall Road south of Willows Avenue and centred on ST20807640, four hangars and associated buildings are visible on RAF photography dated 01 March 1941, with a fifth hangar erected by 25 June 1942 and a substantial rail-served factory added to the west a little later, certainly by 30 May 1947.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 12:00:18 pm by Corus Boy »

Offline Pondbargains

Are there many who are within walking distance of, say, Ikea? Or are they all Morrisons side of the dual carriageway? Having a car that is tracked by work is a pain, probably wouldn't be an issue but knowing my luck the one time I park somewhere odd will be the one time they'd question me. Personal use oddly not permitted during work hours unless I stop for a break. After work hours can use as I wish.

They do move about!

At a guess;

Offline Corus Boy

Are there many who are within walking distance of, say, Ikea? Or are they all Morrisons side of the dual carriageway? Having a car that is tracked by work is a pain, probably wouldn't be an issue but knowing my luck the one time I park somewhere odd will be the one time they'd question me. Personal use oddly not permitted during work hours unless I stop for a break. After work hours can use as I wish.

IKEA to Morrisons is walking distance!

There is now a branch of Starbucks in the Morrisons' car pak, surely a legitimate rest break?

Offline Proton

There are plans to reopen the feeder canal again at the north end of Churchill way. If carried out it will be an extension of Queen St another dirty mess. Cardiff is rapidly losing any of its former iconic bindings and character.  :thumbsdown: