Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Factory Settings on punting phone - can someone confirm it's safe to use  (Read 944 times)

Offline belamy85

I've had a search on this subject on the site buy can't seem to find a definitive answer.

My original punting phone is on the point of dying. So I plan to use an old phone. That phone was for bought in Argos for cash. I used my regular SIM in it for a couple of months, then moved on to a different phone. I've since deleted everything off the Argos phone.

If I now reset it back to the factory settings and use a new PAYG SIM... will it be a completely blank phone for punting with? I hope those who are more technically minded than me can confirm this will be a safe phone to use. Thanks in advance.

Offline Punting2022

yes an no.
Yes for the average user, everything is wiped. History OS Etc.

NO- An expert can go into the hidden areas, everything you delete never gets deleted and recover stuff

Offline paul_tall_

yes everything will be wiped and is the advised way of removing everything before selling on

Offline RandomGuy99

You'll be fine unless your name is James Bond and you mess with GCHQ or the NSA.

Offline akauya

yes everything will be wiped and is the advised way of removing everything before selling on

This  :thumbsup:

Offline Richthescouser

I've had a search on this subject on the site buy can't seem to find a definitive answer.

My original punting phone is on the point of dying. So I plan to use an old phone. That phone was for bought in Argos for cash. I used my regular SIM in it for a couple of months, then moved on to a different phone. I've since deleted everything off the Argos phone.

If I now reset it back to the factory settings and use a new PAYG SIM... will it be a completely blank phone for punting with? I hope those who are more technically minded than me can confirm this will be a safe phone to use. Thanks in advance.

It depends on many things, including what phone it is. Iphones when reset to factory settings are fairly bullet proof, some android phones are less so.

Offline belamy85

Thanks for all your thoughts on this. I appreciate a factory reset leaves some traces behind if experts starting checking the phone... but I only need it 'clean' enough that it doesn't send out any personal info to SPs. Reset, with a new SIM and the replies here I feel confident that's the case. Thanks again, this site is always a great source of info.

Offline Tender.french.kiss

Yes for the average user, everything is wiped. History OS Etc.
NO- An expert can go into the hidden areas, everything you delete never gets deleted and recover stuff
+1

So as per your latest post OP, you'll be fine for the intended use