Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Chinese Brothel Court Case  (Read 1215 times)

Online Jonestown

Online Jonestown

Note there is no mention of, or charges relating to, trafficking, coercion or any kind of enforcement.

Can it be these numerous ladies referred to worked voluntarily?

Offline Corus Boy

Note there is no mention of, or charges relating to, trafficking, coercion or any kind of enforcement.

It can be, however there maybe some who are 'forced' to work because they need money to live or to send home.

Where do they come from?

If you visit some local Chinese supermarkets, you'll find a selection of both free and pay for Chinese newspapers.  Careful scrutiny of the small ads and personals and you may well find recruitment adverts, most in Chinese but some in English, it's not rocket science to understand the adverts and what they are for, even if they are disguised as jobsfor models, dancing partners...

Offline winkywanky

So this pair of Chinese bints running the show, I wonder what the declared 'work' was, with which they were able to obtain their Visas?

Offline scutty brown

Problem is the language barrier, and the girls usual failure to co-operate with the authorities makes getting a trafficking conviction difficult.
Also there's the problem that any coercion may be through pressure on the girls family, or through accrued debts which will still be payable back home, whatever happens in a UK court. Whatever happens here, the girl is still under a percieved risk.
I don't know anything about this case, but the fact its gone to court is interesting: there must be something significant going on for it to go to trial. There seems to have been more of a recent trend to just deport the brothel pimps and let the Chinese authorities pick up the pieces.

Offline scutty brown

So this pair of Chinese bints running the show, I wonder what the declared 'work' was, with which they were able to obtain their Visas?

Probably some kind of chinese therapy / medicine, complete with fake degrees
that's just a guess - I don't know the facts of this case, but in general if immigration vetted these people more thoroughly a lot of the trafficking problem would go away

Offline scutty brown

It can be, however there maybe some who are 'forced' to work because they need money to live or to send home.

Where do they come from?

If you visit some local Chinese supermarkets, you'll find a selection of both free and pay for Chinese newspapers.  Careful scrutiny of the small ads and personals and you may well find recruitment adverts, most in Chinese but some in English, it's not rocket science to understand the adverts and what they are for, even if they are disguised as jobsfor models, dancing partners...

Some adverts are more subtle.......I'm told that adverts for noodle bar waitresses can have a different meaning

these two sites are used for recruiting girls for UK jobs
External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:18:24 pm by scutty brown »

Offline elrond

You could try reading this book Invisible: Britain's Migrant Sex Workers by Hsiao-Hung Pai, published by the Westbourne Press at £10.99 on 15 April 2013. She entered the sex industry as a cook/bookeeper in Chinese brothels. She says many entered sex work because work in restaurants was harder and paid less.  An extract from the book is in the Guardian.

Banned reason: Not a punter, maybe pimp.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline cunningman

Uncomfortable reading, but I guess they are desperate.  £20k to be smuggled here?  WTF?

At least the girls seem to keep a decent percentage.

Offline RogerBoner

At least the girls seem to keep a decent percentage.
Some Thais keep almost all the punters' money but pay extortionate rent. I've heard over £2k/month yet can send home over £50k/year. The figures are so mind boggling that I've probably undervalued both figures by almost half. I can't quite get my head around the fact that some have forgotten themselves and entered a lifestyle of subservience instead of taking time off to enjoy life. Sorry lads :kissgirl:

Online Jonestown

If working because you need money to live constituted being forced or coerced then there isn't an employer in the land that wouldn't be in the dock. 

Offline fisherofsouls

From the linked DM article:

"Police found 'a wealth of documentation' at the property in St Kilda's Road, including records of girls' names, customers, and rates charged of £60-70 for a half-hour sex session, or £100-120 for a full hour."

And you're not using an untraceable punting phone because ...???  :scare: :scare: :scare:

Offline Prof O lactic

Problem is the language barrier, and the girls usual failure to co-operate with the authorities makes getting a trafficking conviction difficult.
Also there's the problem that any coercion may be through pressure on the girls family, or through accrued debts which will still be payable back home, whatever happens in a UK court. Whatever happens here, the girl is still under a percieved risk.
I don't know anything about this case, but the fact its gone to court is interesting: there must be something significant going on for it to go to trial. There seems to have been more of a recent trend to just deport the brothel pimps and let the Chinese authorities pick up the pieces.

Certainty agree that its economic forces that bring them over mostly , rather than a gun to their head imho. The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, the earning capacity over here is inconceivable in the motherland. Its mostly a tax avoidance case I reckon . Very apt that a stated address was "The Depository".
Their govts must be complicite in churning out passports/ permission to leave whatever, desperate for a flow of foreign currency. On that note maybe the next wave of working girls will be North Korean ? 

Hidden Image/Members Only