Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Proto-UKPunting?  (Read 459 times)

Offline Aj280

The Harris list - a catalogue of all the prostitutes in London in the 18th century. Listing their services, appearance, age, height and other info.

External Link/Members Only

Spotted this on Reddit the other day, thought I’d share on here. Bit preachy at parts but a decent read. If this has been posted before then sorry.

Here’s some quote from the actual Harris lately:

Man of Pleasure's KALENDER For the year 1793
Containing The Histories and some curious Anecdotes of the most celebrated Ladies now on the Town, or in keeping, and also many of their keepers.

Mrs. P_ge, No. 26, Upper Newman-street.
Come, thou Goddess, fair and free,
With the sweet simplicity.
The above two lines are highly descriptive of Mrs. P_, who for ease, freedom and simplicity is scarcely to be matched among the whole sisterhood, besides which, her beauty is by no means inconsiderable. She is about twenty, has been near five years in business, and has had tolerable fortune; her features are good, except her mouth, which is a little too wide, especially when she laughs, which is pretty often. Those who are inclined to mirth, will find her to be a good companion, without the least tincture of blasphemy, she is not of a mercenary disposition, yet she expects one pound one, but rather than lose a customer will put up with half the sum.

Miss M_e, No. 1, Charles-street, Newman-street.
Such is the power of good nature, that it can stand in the place of the other requisites usually expected to be found in the followers of the mysteries of Venus. Beauty, which is arcanum, tho' the cosmetics which adulterate it are, is generally looked upon as the first and chief requisite; and next to it, an agreeable conversation. Here, however, is the reverse of the medal! for Miss M_e has nothing to boast of in point of beauty, as she has but a middling face, with large features, a coarse hand and arm, and in stature short and clumsy. So much for her person. Next, as to her conversation, she is ignorance itself; yet good-nature has force enough to bewitch and to continue the spell over those whom it has once bound.
Her age is about nineteen, and her favours may be had on very moderate terms. She is an excellent bedfellow, being fond of the sport, and is just from the country.

Miss _, No. 44, Newman-street, Oxford street.
This petite belle has not yet attained her sixteenth year; and to make amends for her deficiency of height, she is elegantly formed, nor does she lack beauty. Her sparkling eyes would warm an anchorite. Her hair is beautifully fair: and her liveliness in conversation renders her a most agreeable companion. Two guineas will bring you better acquainted with this charmer; nor will you have cause for disagreeable reflections from her acquaintance.

Mrs. B_ooks, next to the Pawnbroker, Newman-street.
A genteel lady, about twenty-three, very keen, as you may judge by her eyes, as she looks both ways at once, however she is tolerable well made, with well formed projecting bubbies, that defy the result of any manual pressure, panting and glowing with unfeigned desire, and soon inviting the gratification of senses. As she keeps the house, any gentleman may with something less than a bank note, be admitted into her Sanctum Sanctorum.

I can share more if anybody is interested. I found this extremely interesting.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 11:18:50 am by Aj280 »

Offline LLPunting

Interesting... will have a butchers and perhaps pen my next few reviews in similar contemporised phrasings. :hi:

Offline Gordon Bennett

I wondered where the writers of soppy AW Field Reports got their flowery turns of phrase from. Now I know :thumbsup:

Offline PLeisure

Seems the review template was established long before UKP  :P
No mention of time spent or services rendered - maybe this wasn't the done thing in those halcyon days. I wonder if a single bank note would get you the entire afternoon.

Good find, OP  :thumbsup:

Offline Straightsix

Disgusting barebacking filth.  :D
Banned reason: Warned before but doesn’t seem to learn
Banned by: Kev40ish

Offline Aj280

Seems the review template was established long before UKP  :P
No mention of time spent or services rendered - maybe this wasn't the done thing in those halcyon days. I wonder if a single bank note would get you the entire afternoon.

Good find, OP  :thumbsup:

Thanks. Here's one that kinda somwhat vaguely describes a girl's services:

Miss D_vis, No. 22, Upper Newman-street.

Artful ways beguile the implicit rake.

THIS is a fine lively girl, about twenty-one, rather above the middle size, genteely made; has several good friends, but is much attached to young Br_om, the lottery-office-keeper, who is now in prison, where she often visits him; is ever obliging, and seldom out of humour, understands a great deal of her business, and never fails to please. She enjoys her favourite man with ecstasy; and pleases, with cold indifference, managed by art, the rest of her votaries; who are content with thinking they have fathomed the deepest part of a girl so replete with sensation; in short, she can so well counterfeit the passions of love and lust, that many of the most knowing rakes of the town would be easily deceived. This lady occupies the parlour.

Online Watts.E.Dunn

Well where theres a willy theres a way!..

Supposed they managed but no phone boxes to put cards in!! still that book seemed to be the 18 cent version of Mc Coys guide;!

But those condoms of the time! bloody hell there must have been a real demand for BB despite all the  Gutter press you'd have consumed to alleivate the clap or sylph!..
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 08:50:42 pm by Watts.E.Dunn »

Offline Aj280

I wondered where the writers of soppy AW Field Reports got their flowery turns of phrase from. Now I know :thumbsup:

I thought the same thing. Some remind of the more long winded reviews you sometimes see from fluffies.

Offline Crazyoldhaag

Mrs. P_ge, No. 26, Upper Newman-street.
Come, thou Goddess, fair and free,
With the sweet simplicity.
The above two lines are highly descriptive of Mrs. P_, who for ease, freedom and simplicity is scarcely to be matched among the whole sisterhood, besides which, her beauty is by no means inconsiderable. She is about twenty, has been near five years in business, and has had tolerable fortune; her features are good, except her mouth, which is a little too wide, especially when she laughs, which is pretty often. Those who are inclined to mirth, will find her to be a good companion, without the least tincture of blasphemy, she is not of a mercenary disposition, yet she expects one pound one, but rather than lose a customer will put up with half the sum.

I'm assuming it is one pound one shilling, which would make it about £155 in 2020 money according to the BoE

Miss _, No. 44, Newman-street, Oxford street.
This petite belle has not yet attained her sixteenth year; and to make amends for her deficiency of height, she is elegantly formed, nor does she lack beauty. Her sparkling eyes would warm an anchorite. Her hair is beautifully fair: and her liveliness in conversation renders her a most agreeable companion. Two guineas will bring you better acquainted with this charmer; nor will you have cause for disagreeable reflections from her acquaintance.

21 shillings to the guinea, 20 shillings to the pound makes it two pounds, two shillings or about £310 in 2020.

Punting wasn't cheap back then either  :thumbsdown:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 09:03:26 pm by Crazyoldhaag »

Online Watts.E.Dunn

"Punting wasn't cheap back then either"

I suppose that by and by a Roman punting book or tablets will turn up, gotta do surley?..

Offline Thephoenix

"Punting wasn't cheap back then either"

I suppose that by and by a Roman punting book or tablets will turn up, gotta do surley?..

Anyone visiting Pompeii will probably have seen the murals on the walls when entering the famous brothel in the 'red light area.'
The walls and ceilings are covered with murals depicting various erotic scenes showing couples engaged in different sexual acts.
The murals provide a catalogue of the services offered by the prostitutes in each room in way that overcame language barriers.
Many inscriptions by customers have also been found indicating that punting forums have been around a long time.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Reading those reviews shown above was hilarious. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 10:35:15 pm by Thephoenix »

Online Squire Haggard

A very interesting find OP. I've never heard of Harris's guide before.  :thumbsup:

The entire original 1789 guide can be seen here.

P26
''Her fwelling breafts now wilfully exposed to fight'.........   :):rolleyes:

External Link/Members Only

Online scutty brown