Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: O2 Pay As You Go runs out  (Read 703 times)

Offline Clitheroelad

Im not really familiar with how payg wirks as Ive always had a contract,however I have an o2 payg sim card on my punting phone. The minimum top up is £10, and because I punt infrequently every time I come to use my phone my remaining balance has disappeared and us at £0.  So in effect everutime I punt Im haing to add £+0 on the cost to top up my phone. Are there any payg contracts that dont run out after a certain time ? (I think its a month with o2)

Online GingerNuts

The most recent thread I could find: Question about PAYG phone sims

Includes links to previous threads on the subject.

Offline JontyR

I've not seen a simple payg O2 sim for sale for a long time. Even when you go into the O2 shop they generally only have the ones which sell you a "bundle". The selling point they are focussing on for these is that they provide data which, for most punting phones, is completely unnecessary. However if you call customer services you will be able to convert this to a genuine payg where there isn't the monthly deduction. The last time I did this I didn't have to provide any personal details and I got the sim from a tesco express for the princey sum of 1p.

Costs for texts and calls though is high.

Offline dynatron

i use tesco payg and as long as you send a text or make a call at least every 6 mths you retain any balance £10 lasts me for at least a year as only for punting

Offline dynatron

forgot to add tesco use o2 airtime anyway so reliability is good

Offline Clitheroelad

forgot to add tesco use o2 airtime anyway so reliability is good
Would it worknin an o2 phobe or would i need it unlocked ?

Offline Coriniumstud

I use o2 payg and noticed a change a few months back that text messages were costing me 30p instead of 15p :dash:

Offline myothernameis

Im with Vodafone, and usually for a £10 payg, I get 5Gb of data.  If I top up my next bundle, my data will carry over, so right now I have 15Gb of data

Must top up before my bundle runs out

Offline king tarzan

I've not seen a simple payg O2 sim for sale for a long time. Even when you go into the O2 shop they generally only have the ones which sell you a "bundle". The selling point they are focussing on for these is that they provide data which, for most punting phones, is completely unnecessary. However if you call customer services you will be able to convert this to a genuine payg where there isn't the monthly deduction. The last time I did this I didn't have to provide any personal details and I got the sim from a tesco express for the princey sum of 1p.

Costs for texts and calls though is high.

🦊🥊🥊🥊👊👊
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Gordon Bennett

Would it worknin an o2 phobe or would i need it unlocked ?

It's unlikely that a cheap PAYG phone is network locked but it depends on make/model and moreso where you bought it. Can't you just bung a different sim in it (eg sim from your main phone) and see what happens?

Offline RMwonderer

I got myself a 3.99 pay monthly sim from lebara (uses 02 signal) I used the excuse of playing pokemon go to justify it.

Is this something you would consider? Lots of option on uswitch

Offline dynatron

not sure if tesco sim would work on o2 phone  depends if its locked or not-however you can get payg basic phones so cheap now so u could buy a cheap unlocked phone and then a tesco sim for 0.99

Offline Gordon Bennett

I had to sort out a PAYG sim today for someone who will barely use the mobile but needs to have one for safety purposes.

Anyway, the Asda PAYG was best. 4p per min/text/mb. Must make a chargeable use every 6 months to keep SIM active. £5 min top-up.

I reckon you ought to be able to set up a punt with 4 texts and 2 calls, ie 24p. So £5 credit should cover 20ish punts. If you're an infrequent punter and top-up £5 today you just need to remember to send a text somewhere in June to keep credit alive. You'll still have £4.96 at end of December.

You can buy a SIM for 50p cash in Asda, register it to a burner email online and top it up with a voucher bought for cash. All totally anonymous.

In terms of length credit stays active and low cost of use I believe this is currently the best all round PAYG SIM at the mo'.

Offline tynetunnel

Thanks GB, I didn’t realise Asda could all be done while remaining anon. Time for a new sim for me

Offline Sunny

You can buy classic 02 pay as you go on ebay

3p a min
2p a text
1p a MB

Top up £10 and stays the same like the old pay as you go sim cards.

Offline Gordon Bennett

You can buy classic 02 pay as you go on ebay

3p a min
2p a text
1p a MB

Top up £10 and stays the same like the old pay as you go sim cards.

You have to top it up every 6 months with £10 minimum and the tariff is closed to new sign ups. Not a good choice for an infrequent punter really.

Personally I reckon it will be virtually impossible to cheaply/easily run an anonymous burner phone on PAYG within the next year or two... they all seem to be getting more fiddly and veering towards monthly bundles. Forking out a fiver or tenner a month on PAYG is alright if you're punting every week but if you're a once in a blue moon punter it's a pain in the ass.

Offline Cupid Stuntz

1p mobile are good.

1p min
1p text
1p mb

You have to top up £10 every 120 days but any credit you still have rolls over and doesn't expire.

They use EE and the coverage / signal strength is very good.

External Link/Members Only