Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Punting phone advice please  (Read 7516 times)

Offline GingerNuts

$800 for a smart phone.... you could do a lot worse!

For four year old technology I think I'll pass.

Offline spiralnotebook

Just thinking on this, with phone models services and deals constantly changing might it be an idea to pin this topic as to be continually updated?  :hi:

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Just thinking on this, with phone models services and deals constantly changing might it be an idea to pin this topic as to be continually updated?  :hi:
Quite agree, but we don't really need a new thread started every time someone has a query about a mobile phone. I'm sure reading the 37 replies on this thread  -  https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=303199.msg3176377#top from April this year would give the OP some answers.

Offline thor555

Was gonna reply on the other post but was kinda directed here after nearly 18m out of the game thought I’d top up!! Phone dead, charged up. Sim dead!!

Phone recovered after a charge sim was dead.

Easy option corner shop lebara sim is free with top up. No registering needed, all works no issues.

Recon many a low frequency punter/put off by the virus will have the same issue. Any corner shop will do,  a sim and cash payment no questions asked..job done

Now to actually start punting again and get some reviews up!!

Offline spiralnotebook

Yes true Davie, I was thinking that as deals change so frequently a fixed point of reference might be easier to navigate for the latest offers. But point taken in the number of existing threads going on a similar theme.

Offline BallJangles

Just started using Hushed. Works good, except that calls are showing amonsgt my regular call log. This is despite me turning notifications off.

Offline happyend

Discovered the hard way that my EE PAYG Sim dies after six months if you don't make a call. Started with a new one during lockdown.

Offline adindas

What the fuck are all you people up to that you need to hide from the Police? You know porking SP’s, as long as they aren’t under age, trafficked or coerced is legal yes?

Agreed that having a different number from your real life number is a sensible thing, but to hide from pimps, SP’s and the police tracking you??  :lol: Pimps and WG’s tracking you - really? How?

The Police will find you if they want to talk to you, you all know how many CCTV cameras there are out there right? Just don’t do illegal stuff or act like a prick etc  :unknown:

If the way mobile networks operate changes, I’m not sure what there is to fear from having a punting SIM registered in your own name

Very well said. More than twenty years ago, mobile phones were not so common. How did the police find criminals? Did they track the mobile devices??

Offline Buttons

Just started using Hushed. Works good, except that calls are showing amonsgt my regular call log. This is despite me turning notifications off.

That’s a pain, but just delete the entries after your booking would be the simple solution.

I keep wondering about Hushed as opposed to a separate punting phone. But I like that keeping the physical handset separation means my real life phone is totally safe to leave lying around and I don’t have any sweaty palm moments if the other half wants to borrow it to find a certain picture etc etc. If I had Hushed installed, even in stealth no notifications mode, I’d still be concerned.

Offline Buttons

Very well said. More than twenty years ago, mobile phones were not so common. How did the police find criminals? Did they track the mobile devices??

Exactly. They didn’t track punters mobile phones, because they couldn’t.

The Police used to hand around outside call boxes dressed like Inspector Clouseau, mac and hat, sometimes a large magnifying glass, so as not to be spotted. Then follow punters to the girls flat, wait for the deed to be done, then ask the girl if she thought the client was a criminal and had he murdered anyone. If she said no, Clouseau let you go. If she said yes, you were splashed across the front page of the local paper and your life was in tatters.

These days, having a registered SIM card in your punting phone has made the whole tracking you out on a shag so much easier. Shows how much technology has progressed  :lol:

Online FiveKnuckles

Ordered a Asda PAYG 4p sim recently.  Had the sim shipped to my 'legit address and gmail'.  Once received the sim I registered it to my 'Punta name and email'.  The billing and shipping address on my account is blank.    Hopefully they don't do a audit and tie my address to the number.

Credit loading, I use revolut and top up with the disposable card option.  So I load revolut with £20 from my debit card, then top the Asda mobile with the revolut throwaway.  No unusual stuff on my bank statement.   When the OH ask what's revolut, you tell them it's used to buy stuff online so you don't put your real card numbers at risk  :)

Offline simping

Bit sneaky, when registering to activate the SIM card use a random street/house no that's miles from you? Untick all the subscription bullshit (email/letter promotion) and be on your way. So long as you top up with vouchers [which are paid in cash of course] you should be fine.

Online ZeroCount

I recommend getting a smart phone from one of the cheaper Chinese brands. Even the lower end models are perfectly good for texting and surfing the web. Being able to check AW/emails while you're out and about without polluting your everyday phone is well the extra expense over just paying a tenner for a non-smart phone, imho.

Offline adindas

To me 1p Mobile is the best VFM. I have been using it since two years ago. It will need a registration, so if you do not want to register then it might not be suitable to you.

No contract, No monthly fee, It uses EE network. 1p a minute, 1p a text, 1p a MB. It will need the top up of minimum £10 for each 120 days though to remain active.

As other has suggested you could get cheap a new Chinese smart Phone with the simcard.  I have seen you could get a new 4G Xiaomi around £60. Avoid buying a used smart phone from ebay due the problem with battery not holding charge in manyy cases.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 01:57:18 pm by adindas »

Online oioi

I've noticed a few people mention they use a separate punting phone.

Any reason why you don't just get a separate SIM card?

It would be much less hassle hiding a tiny SIM card over another phone. Wouldn't fancy explaining why I have an extra phone if it was found.

Offline Spacecowb0y

Phones track and hold all sorts of info. Don't go with a sim . Buy a small simple puntng phone and hide it somewhere.

Offline Crackpot11

I use a separate SIM card as I just need to use another number for punting and don’t want texts popping up unexplained on my real number. I suppose it depends on your level of paranoia or how much punting you do. But as a once a month, if lucky punter, using mainly regulars, it works for me. You just have to remember to delete texts and never use it for anything else like what’s app etc.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 06:35:18 am by Crackpot11 »

Offline Home Alone

Phones track and hold all sorts of info. Don't go with a sim . Buy a small simple puntng phone and hide it somewhere.

Less need for those last four words for those of us without an OH, though. ;)

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
It's pointless having multiple thread on the same subject so I've merged this with one of the others.

A simple search before starting a thread would show that this subject has been discussed just about every year since 2011 and it would also have shown this thread from last month.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 08:08:49 am by daviemac »

Offline Gameboy121

Forget having two phones and sim cards etc. Tech has moved on. Download a burner phone app, register via a newly created Gmail account and pay via credit card.  10 sheets for say 90 days of texts. Change numbers when you like. Nothing weird on the c/card. I always block punting numbers, btw. And since you have an account , to be ultra-safe you can delete the app, and to re-connect, simply re download and re-eneter Gmail and password. You can even rename the app ('iPhone dialler' or similar). There you go.

Offline bossanova

Forget having two phones and sim cards etc. Tech has moved on. Download a burner phone app, register via a newly created Gmail account and pay via credit card.  10 sheets for say 90 days of texts. Change numbers when you like. Nothing weird on the c/card. I always block punting numbers, btw. And since you have an account , to be ultra-safe you can delete the app, and to re-connect, simply re download and re-eneter Gmail and password. You can even rename the app ('iPhone dialler' or similar). There you go.

Make sure you've switched off all alerts notifications etc or you may get pop ups at inconvenient times

And you can get  a second whatsapp with new phone app by downloading whatsapp for business – it's a separate app to whattsapp and allows a new number

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
Make sure you've switched off all alerts notifications etc or you may get pop ups at inconvenient times

And you can get  a second whatsapp with new phone app by downloading whatsapp for business – it's a separate app to whattsapp and allows a new number
WhatsApp will stop working on older Android (OS 4.0.4 or earlier) and iphones (OS  iOS 10 or lower) Plus select phones running KaiOS 2.5.1 or older, from 1st November.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Gameboy121

Wise words. You can also download an App to conceal your downloaded burner app (which is pin-coded/renamed)  how clever is that...?

Offline Boundless

O2 Classic Pay As You Go
Minimum top up £10

Calls are 3p a minute
Texts are 2p
Data is 1p a MB (you are better off using your normal phone as a Hot Spot, or WiFi at home/work)
Calls to customer service are free of charge
Calls to Voicemail are 3p a call.

AFAIR, provided you use your phone at least every 6 months, you will not lose any credit on yur phone, nor the SIM becomes Inactive.

That sounds good, I think I'm still on the 12p a text plan on EE!

Offline Knny

O2 Classic Pay As You Go
Minimum top up £10

Calls are 3p a minute
Texts are 2p
Data is 1p a MB (you are better off using your normal phone as a Hot Spot, or WiFi at home/work)
Calls to customer service are free of charge
Calls to Voicemail are 3p a call.

AFAIR, provided you use your phone at least every 6 months, you will not lose any credit on yur phone, nor the SIM becomes Inactive.

This looks like the correct answer, thanks CT.

Thread could be closed now :)

Offline Rishi Max

• Ban Countdown
  • Reviews: 0
Get samsung phone and operate second set of applications through secure folder. Only you can access secure folder it becomes visible with password. Also most of these phones are dual sim and you can turn second sim off without taking it out of phone and gives you option of running separate copies for messengers like whatsapp but i prefer secure folder. Nobody knows what's in your phone even if they browse through it as all data gets hidden

Offline Tommygun67

Giffgaff are great, free SIM and you just buy the vouchers to top up with.

Offline contentguy

Just a red flag on Vodafone SIM cards.
The tariff has switched and it now costs £1 a day for unlimited calls, texts and some data.

The first call you make costs £1, even if it's goes to VM.

I'm going back to Lyca.

Offline tynetunnel

Giffgaff are great, free SIM and you just buy the vouchers to top up with.

But they’ll know who you are, so it’s not anonymous

Offline Tommygun67

But they’ll know who you are, so it’s not anonymous

No such thing as total anonymity these days where modern tech is concerned. Somebody somewhere always has your details one way or another, whether thats through payment details, cookies on your phone, website tracking or whatever.

Offline tynetunnel

No such thing as total anonymity these days where modern tech is concerned. Somebody somewhere always has your details one way or another, whether thats through payment details, cookies on your phone, website tracking or whatever.

I didn’t say that there is: simply “that they’ll know who you are” because you’ll have to give your address details to have the Gifgaff SIM posted to you. There are levels of anonymity though. My Three punting SIM card was purchased for cash at a well known former catalogue shop, and is topped up with cash at a well known convenience retailer.

I’m aware that with cell tower triangulation I could probably be found, or at least narrowed down, although even then I keep the sim turned off in the phone settings until I actually need to use it, then off again afterwards. So I do my best to remain as anonymous as I can

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

I didn’t say that there is: simply “that they’ll know who you are” because you’ll have to give your address details to have the Gifgaff SIM posted to you. There are levels of anonymity though. My Three punting SIM card was purchased for cash at a well known former catalogue shop, and is topped up with cash at a well known convenience retailer.

I’m aware that with cell tower triangulation I could probably be found, or at least narrowed down, although even then I keep the sim turned off in the phone settings until I actually need to use it, then off again afterwards. So I do my best to remain as anonymous as I can

That triangulation that you talk of, would'nt worry about that, there're arent sufficcent towers in most locations and accuracy around a 100 yards or so at best..

GSM tracking is far more accuate and the one that will find you.

Well most of the time ,won't singhe you out in a night club;!...

Offline aloha

In my infinite naivety I've never considered having a separate punting phone. I've only recently read comments on here about the importance of this. However, can I pose the question of what is the risk of being outed using main phone? I am careful to always use incognito mode, always delete texts, phone calls etc. I'm careful to ensure that any w/g I see has an established reputation or any parlour also has a sound reputation. I'm certain my phone number isn't on any social media sites (although I'm sure various companies will have it on their databases). I'm thinking that having a second phone will raise more questions than asked if found by wife. If I end up in any criminal investigation then I'm assuming I could be traced via cctv, anpr, car registration etc. With this in mind, should I still consider a phone or just continue taking the risk. Thanks. P.s. I appreciate the phone issue has been discussed a lot-I'm wondering, however, what the actual risk is as long as I manage my personal phone carefully.

Offline finn5555

1.Get a punting phone
2. Pro$$ies cannot be trusted

:hi: :hi: :hi:

Online southcoastpunter

we all assess risks and decide what is right for us in our individual curcumstances. You have been on here since 2014 and have as you say, read lots of previous comments on phones so you should have all the information you need by now, surely?

The risk of a WG messaging you or calling you when your phone has bluetooth connected to say your car etc. and have you never accessed FB or other social media from your phone? its easy to underestimate the ability of your smart phone to recognise or connect with other apps etc. Why take the risk? why not get a punting sim or use one of the "additional number" apps some guys use.

But after 7 years you should be able to make this judgement for yourself. 

Offline marc_hotsteppa

A WG texting or calling you out of the blue (does happen sadly) and your other half seeing it.
WG's appearing on social media as people you may know.

If you don't want to have a second phone then consider installing an app like second number which gives you a virtual phone number that you can text and call from and won't interfere with your regular number.

Banned reason: Continued abuse despite warnings.
Banned by: daviemac

Online Moby Dick

If you are careful about who you give your number out to and keep your ID secret , no internet / social media then your risks are low.
However have you considered what will happen if you upset a WG, if she reads a comment on here. She could ring you at any time, report your number on the internet (ugly mugs/client eye/SAAFE) for all to see. Her boyfriend or pimp could do the same.
She could share your number with other WG so you don’t get a booking.
Or just use your number so you get loads of nuisance calls.

Some could also do this even if you don’t upset them.
Looking for business texts late at night can be hard to explain (for some) if you are with family.

It’s easier to get a punting phone then it is to change your main phone (family, friends, banking etc).
Just turn the punting phone off when you aren’t organising / going to a punt.
Keep it separate.

Offline Bikerman

Any reccomendation for second number app? I never knew they existed..being a bit of technophobe if you turn app off does it turn number off?
Banned reason: Shitstiring troll
Banned by: daviemac

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
In my infinite naivety I've never considered having a separate punting phone.
Are you having a laugh? You've been here over 7 years and you haven't read any of these threads.

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=34123.msg473197#msg473197
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=56182.msg734065#msg734065
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=96691.msg1161016#msg1161016
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=226776.msg2306304#msg2306304
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=276369.msg2829383#msg2829383
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=303199.msg3175349#msg3175349

They are just a random selection, there's loads more.

In fact I'll merge this with the current punting phone thread, we don't need a new one every time there's a slight variation in the basic question.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 09:40:27 am by daviemac »

Offline aloha

Thanks very much. That's helpful. As I said, I'm perhaps being a bit naive. Thanks for the other responses. I like the idea of the second number app. I'm just wondering how I can justify/explain having a second phone if it is found.

Online Moby Dick

Thanks very much. That's helpful. As I said, I'm perhaps being a bit naive. Thanks for the other responses. I like the idea of the second number app. I'm just wondering how I can justify/explain having a second phone if it is found.
Charging it up may be the problem for some.
I don’t have a nosey GF/wife; and have different phones for work etc so no suspicion.
I don’t envy  those that have such “under the thumb” lives. I am free to pick what socks and pants I wear in the morning  :sarcastic:
Keep it an drawer (with other redundant phones, chargers, cables etc - we all have that drawer or box) or even better a works bag, out of sight, but in the right place.
Charge when you are alone or where your family is unlikely to go : in the car, home office, shed?

Online FiveKnuckles

You can get dual sim phones.  Samsung has a couple, however the well known chinese brands are just as reliable.  Xiaomi, Oppo, Oneplus.

I would still opt for a separate punt phone.  I had 2 sims in one phone and the messaging app kept reverting to sim-1 by default, so I'm texting a WG on sim-2 and next minute I'm on sim-1 having the follow up conversation.  ...Doesn't help when i'm walking to her door and she receives a message via different number  :)

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Do what i do collect old vintage phones, who's to know which one is in use and is connected that one that has that not easy to remember password of course;!..

BUT whatever punting phone yoiu have or use..

THE MOMENT YOU LEAVE THE LADYS PLACE AFTER THE PUNT  DELETE ALL MESSAGES MAILS TEXTS ETC!!!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 02:07:09 pm by Watts.E.Dunn »

Offline aloha

You can get dual sim phones.  Samsung has a couple, however the well known chinese brands are just as reliable.  Xiaomi, Oppo, Oneplus.

I would still opt for a separate punt phone.  I had 2 sims in one phone and the messaging app kept reverting to sim-1 by default, so I'm texting a WG on sim-2 and next minute I'm on sim-1 having the follow up conversation.  ...Doesn't help when i'm walking to her door and she receives a message via different number  :)
Excellent advice. Just noticed my phone has dual sim. I'll try that first. Thanks for the help and responding to my query. Appreciated. I'm a bit of a technology dinosaur (didn't even know cars had Bluetooth that could connect to phone!!)

Offline geostorm1

This is something I'm battling with. I don't have the most nosy wife but she'd notice a really old phone instantly, she's always tidying up and rummaging through drawers. Then there is the issue of keeping it charged up.

Not to mention the issue of browsing adultwork when I'm dead horny, firing off a message to 20 different girls. Bit hard to do that on a dinosaur phone, I'd have to type in the number every time rather than just copy/paste or even clicking on the number. Basically it's easier to punt with a smartphone.

This is why I prefer the dual sim approach, you can turn off the 2nd sim, and as long as you're careful with messaging ensuring messages come from the right sim then you should be OK.

Problem is my new phone doesn't have dual sim, so I'm going to nip to o2 and get myself an e-sim and use that for punting, and then on my personal sim I'll block every WG number I've ever contacted. (I have 10000s of messages in my messages app going back years)

Offline geostorm1

I've purchased an e-sim from esim.net, £12 a month I think. Got the email with QR code, scanned with my phone and now I've got a second number.

Can use second WhatsApp with Samsung secure folder, and just turn off the sim when around the wife.

Now to block all the WGs on my normal sim so I never get any out of the blue messages or calls and I can relax a bit more.

Offline onedivergent

2022 cheap punting phone available

Vodafone Mobiwire Ayasha Mobile £3 at argos.
It makes calls, texts. No Internet. Classic.

Offline vindici

2022 cheap punting phone available

Vodafone Mobiwire Ayasha Mobile £3 at argos.
It makes calls, texts. No Internet. Classic.

In this day and age, internet is a must. How else are you gonna arrange a plan B if the main event falls through?