Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: TER and current websites  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Caradoc

I’ve noticed TER is back up and available in the states. Does anyone have any info on using it? I’ve also noticed a lot of massage sites popping up through tinder and Instagram. Any info on that too? I spend most of my time in the states.

Offline gophil05

I haven't really utilized TER since it came back. I look at Tryst, Private Delights, EROS and TNA if I'm considering a meeting. That said I very rarely book here in states because of laws. With COVID I have no desire to re-engage just yet. I miss my 3 or 4 trips to London where I try to arrange 2 or meetings per trip.

Offline Caradoc

I’m kind of the same way. If I get rumbled in the US there would be hell to pay. I am thinking I’ll stick to the UK, but I haven’t been back in a while.

I’ve been looking at Seeking as an alternative - although I do alright in dating sites, they can be a pain in the arse. Have you considered it? I think it may be cost prohibitive in the States, but worth a look in the UK.

Offline Marmalade

Polite request

Surely it's good to say what we are talking about when opening a thread.

Even more so in the case of The Erotic Review (which is what I assume is meant by "TER")
External Link/Members Only
rather than the more saccharine Erotic Review which turns up on searches,

Sadly for many of us not living in the USA (or 'punting desert' as it often officially known), punting either involves extortionate fees or risking the 'badlands' of outer suburbs.

I've always had good experiences in the badlands, but they are not for the unwary.

The good news for Americans is that Seeking or almost anything else in most of the civilised world seems like such a bargain that the phrase "kids in a sweetie shop" comes to mind, sometimes even pushing prices up since wiling Americans part with what seems to them "small change". Gentlemen, please remember that tipping is a predominantly U.S. custom so when in Rome, or the U.K. it worries us if you throw money away. When in Rome, por favor...

On a positive note, the go-to site and jump-off point for US mongering (as it is called there) is ISG but the USA section is located at a different address:

Americans have the unfortunate habit, rather like the legacy of colonial Brits in India, of talking in euphemisms and code; but I found that once I established myself there as genuine for any particular city they were most helpful. (As with UKP, remember to give back to the site after you have received assistance.)

Some common (but rather crazy on first glance) shorthand I encountered:
$ = One Hundred US Dollars
.6 = Sixty US Dollars
$.5 = One Hundred Fifty US Dollars
AMP = Asian Massage Parlour

Another useful site is External Link/Members Only
Full sex is often available. The negotiating process follows certain rules, as it does for the strip clubs only more so (at least if you don't want to get ripped off – and remember that American practice involves tipping for just about everything, so 'reasonable' tips especially in massage places are a bit more formal IMO than in countries where it can be anything or more sensibly nothing).

For strip clubs, strangely just googling "Gentlemen's Clubs" will show them up on googlemaps and the further out in the sticks the more likely the probability of getting full service and at very reasonable prices (Naturally no well-paid American city-dweller goes to such places!)

Offline Caradoc

Thanks for that Marmalade, although I did find some of it a bit cryptic.  :D Not an American, by the way.

I have only ever punted in the UK and never heard the term mongering until the last few weeks. I suppose I am not I the right circles. I do like the idea of a punt here, but then i think of the consequences and spark up Tinder or a dating app instead. I do like the idea of Seeking, but it’s also something I’m yet to pursue. I think I would like to try that away from home first, perhaps the UK.

Offline Caradoc

On a positive note, the go-to site and jump-off point for US mongering (as it is called there) is ISG but the USA section is located at a different address:

‘Very’ useful.  :drinks:

Offline MilleMiglia

I’ve noticed TER is back up and available in the states. Does anyone have any info on using it? I’ve also noticed a lot of massage sites popping up through tinder and Instagram. Any info on that too? I spend most of my time in the states.

My information goes back a few years, when I subscribed for a single quarter to see what it was like. Free membership only got you limited access, so you  did need to pay for the full version. The problem was that, if you submitted a certain amount of reviews in a quarter, then your membership fee was waived; this resulted in a plethora of fake reviews, which was discussed at length on various websites. The fakes, for the most part, were ultra positive, fantasy reviews to be honest, which caused problems for SPs, as they were having to field enquiries from guys who thought that they could obtain the same level of (never actually happened) service, not to mention the ones who went straight ahead and booked, then got badly disappointed.   

One thing that is worth mentioning is that the vast majority of reviews for "names" were, with the notable exception of Aletta Ocean, far from positive, with reviewers complaining that they had received a service with no resemblance to the SPs performance on film, which was what had made them book in the first place. One, in particular, would have been almost comical, if wasn't for the time, effort, and considerable fee involved. 

Note that I only looked at SPs from Europe, and can't make any comment on those based in the USA.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 06:54:00 am by MilleMiglia »