Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: East Mids potential scam caution thread.  (Read 1848 times)

Online Dipper

External Link/Members Only

What do we think of this profile?

To me it’s fishing for phone numbers and other details.

Offline papak

Her feedback on AW looks legit, some of the punters have seen other well reviewed SPs.

She's massively overpriced for her limited service though, and her profile pic is not her. Checked the private gallery and it's all just behind shots of a much skinnier blonde woman, albeit fairly close to the profile pic but def not the same person.

Offline jc1971

Offline ZeroCount

I don't know what she's going to do with our phone numbers after she's got them, that makes it worth scamming us out of them.

Besides, she has decent feedback. Not that I care, that's way too pricey for 30 minutes.

Offline Captainhowdy666

What am I missing lol?
Looks like every other advert on adultwork

Offline ZeroCount

Looks like every other advert on adultwork

I assume he's referring to the "leave a contact number in the title bar" bit. Still not sure how this scam's going to work though.

Step 1: Collect lots of phone numbers of horny guys.
Step 2: ...nope, I'm all out of ideas.

Online Dipper

I assume he's referring to the "leave a contact number in the title bar" bit. Still not sure how this scam's going to work though.

Step 1: Collect lots of phone numbers of horny guys.
Step 2: ...nope, I'm all out of ideas.

Just a heads up, as specific requests to leave numbers aren’t the norm.

Offline JD1

I saw this profile recently and figured it was a B&S and discounted it on that basis.

Offline Dynasty89

The phone number thing is certainly odd, but seems atypical of a scam.

Online Dipper

What other good reason would a genuine WG with a legit profile request mobile numbers for other than nefarious activities?

I can’t think of any.

Isn’t it us who’re supposed to be requesting their numbers. ?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 04:07:46 pm by Dipper »

Offline Dynasty89

What other good reason would a genuine WG with a legit profile request mobile numbers for other than nefarious activities?

I can’t think of any.

Isn’t it us who’re supposed to be requesting their numbers. ?

No idea tbh

But it is good to bring awareness to it so thanks. Maybe it's a new type of scam?

Online NickyBobby

Have seen a few profile with “message me with your number and I’ll get back to you”

They obviously don’t have an idea about punting phones that are normally switched off or it not always being rhe best time for them to call

Online Dipper

Number harvesting perhaps for attempts of blackmail on the odd gullible punter who’d fall for it?

This type of scam is well documented on UKP.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 04:47:48 pm by Dipper »

Offline ZeroCount

I've seen plenty of profiles where the girl prefers to communicate by text or WhatsApp, so she asks for people to include a number in their initial message when contacting her, to save messing around.

What's the well-documented scam? Literally just collecting random guys' numbers and texting them with blackmail threats? And expecting them to send her money, even though she's no clue who they are, what they look like or where they live?

I mean if that worked, you'd be even more at risk of it from every girl you ever met up with, so I don't see any extra cause for alarm from this profile in particular.

Offline gbyld87

What do we think of this profile?

To me it’s fishing for phone numbers and other details.

I can't really see anything wrong with this profile tbh.  There's lots of SPs that prefer whatsapp and I reckon this one just wants to streamline that process and keep the comms on her terms.

The biggest red flag is if, as reported, it's a different woman in the private gallery.

Offline gbyld87

I can't really see anything wrong with this profile tbh.  There's lots of SPs that prefer whatsapp and I reckon this one just wants to streamline that process and keep the comms on her terms.

The biggest red flag is if, as reported, it's a different woman in the private gallery.

... which it definitely will be.

Here's the girl in the main photo: External Link/Members Only

Hot as fuck, maybe.  British, definitely not.

Online Dipper

Doesn’t seem like many are too troubled by it. Which is fair enough, but I’ve hardly seen any profiles where phone numbers are specifically requested by the WG.

To me it sticks out like a sore thumb and goes beyond just “preferring WhatsApp”
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 05:34:24 pm by Dipper »

Offline bops909

... which it definitely will be.

Here's the girl in the main photo: External Link/Members Only

Hot as fuck, maybe.  British, definitely not.

Good detective work gbyld87 - thank you  :hi:

Offline infrequentuser

I’m at the latter end of a scam by this girl, since she’s not answering my calls or texts since we met in person yesterday (semi-explained below):

I paid £150 via bank transfer & she claimed it hasn’t come through. Like the dumbass I am I believe her when she said to reschedule for tomorrow.

I can only caution everyone here to avoid her - she’s just a scammer to me.

Offline bops909

Just a heads up, as specific requests to leave numbers aren’t the norm.

Fair enough of you to mention it but if you were a scammer trying to harvest numbers you would have no need to make a special request. Just put a phone number in your advert and you'll get hundreds of numbers ever day.

Putting the number in the subject line is probably just them being lazy - not reading the email just pinging a generic message via WhatsApp.

WhatsApp for business has an automated response so it will handle basic enquiries just fine, especially if the profile is a PG credit farming operation.

Online Dipper

Fair enough of you to mention it but if you were a scammer trying to harvest numbers you would have no need to make a special request. Just put a phone number in your advert and you'll get hundreds of numbers ever day.

Putting the number in the subject line is probably just them being lazy - not reading the email just pinging a generic message via WhatsApp.

WhatsApp for business has an automated response so it will handle basic enquiries just fine, especially if the profile is a PG credit farming operation.

But here whoever operates the profile can pair the mobile with an AW username. It’s a bit more than just a number.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 06:27:31 pm by Dipper »

Offline bops909

But here whoever operates the profile can pair the mobile with an AW username. It’s a bit more than just a number.

Yes, that's true. Fair point. Probably not going to get them very far with a fraud though. Could try and blackmail someone but still unlikely to get them much return.

PG credit farming is much more reliable.

We could all move to Vivastreet I suppose  :D

« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 06:36:39 pm by bops909 »

Online mr.bluesky

Surely she will see your number anyway when you contact her unless you withhold your number in which case most service providers will not see punters who withhold their numbers anyway and if you use a punting phone not your everyday phone how is she going to scam you  :unknown:

Online Dipper

Surely she will see your number anyway when you contact her unless you withhold your number in which case most service providers will not see punters who withhold their numbers anyway and if you use a punting phone not your everyday phone how is she going to scam you  :unknown:

It’s just the fact numbers are being requested. As discussed above this isn’t standard practice.

Online Dipper

Another phone number harvester, and likely scammer as mentioned above.

Offline JD1

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?msg=3656471

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=350123.0
It doesn't look like either of those are linked to the harvesting of phone numbers though?

One she tried to charge extra for something agreed upfront.

Other one the punter made the poor choice of paying via bank transfer (exposing more than just his phone number) and she seized the opportunity to take the money and not provide the service.

I personally don't think there is anything suspicious about girls asking for phone numbers, it's just a slight variation of having to message some girls to ask for their numbers (rather than them listing it on AW).

You're going to have to give your phone number over at some point.

Online Dipper

It doesn't look like either of those are linked to the harvesting of phone numbers though?

One she tried to charge extra for something agreed upfront.

Other one the punter made the poor choice of paying via bank transfer (exposing more than just his phone number) and she seized the opportunity to take the money and not provide the service.

I personally don't think there is anything suspicious about girls asking for phone numbers, it's just a slight variation of having to message some girls to ask for their numbers (rather than them listing it on AW).

You're going to have to give your phone number over at some point.

It’s just for awareness. As always tread with caution.

Why ask for numbers… simply respond to the AW messages and send out her own number… seems the more genuine approach to me.

Offline JD1

It’s just for awareness. As always tread with caution.

Why ask for numbers… simply respond to the AW messages and send out her own number… seems the more genuine approach to me.
Yeah it is slightly unusual but I suspect some girls are just doing it because they don’t want to put their number up and haven’t really thought much more about it.

As long as you’re using a punting phone that is on pay as you go there is very little they would be able to find out from a phone number.