Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: When do you think Thailand will be fully open for "fun?"  (Read 38767 times)

Offline wtfb

Thailand has started testing more, although outlying villages are passed over, the main towns are now being tested! Hence the climb in 'cases / infected' - test being used is the PCR test which will give false positive results which increase with cycle count. Simple - more test = more cases (many of which are false positive due to the nature of the PCR test which as the invertor of the test stated is not a diagnosis tool)! I think the year will be lost if they keep along these lines. Eventually UK will put Thailand on the red list.

The PCR test is the most accurate available. New infections in Thailand are falling despite the fact they are doing more testing.

"CCSA spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin said the number of new local Covid-19 cases nationwide had fallen from 2,174 reported on Tuesday to 2,001 on Wednesday, 1,864 on Thursday and 1,579 on Friday. Figures for Bangkok were also declining, from 993 on Tuesday to 830 on Wednesday, 689 on Thursday and 417 on Friday."

Thailand isn't doing enough testing and they have been complacent in not ordering vaccines when they should have done (sounds like the EU dooesn't it). However I do hope they get this under control quickly because I love the place.

Offline Kev40ish

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Nightmare to get out there..

So much paperwork required..

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline wtfb

Yes. The current requirements for entry including quarantine and all the paperwork and the associated costs are horrific!

When the Thai authorities announced the Phuket sandbox - starting in July and only for those who are fully vaccinated there would be no quarantine and limited paperwork I decided to check out flights and hotels. The deal is/was once you have stayed in Phuket for a week you can go anywhere in Thailand. You have to have the tracker app on your phone and I think have at least one negative test during the 7 days. Some really cheap deals in hotels - from about £10 a night and £30 for some beachfront I decided to take the plunge and book for August. Booked Singapore Airlines (one of the few approved Thai carriers - Thai Airways in deep financial shit and my not survive) so flying via Singapore £505 return ticket fully changeable. Two hotels booked both with free cancellation until day before arrival with Agoda and my plan was to stay in Thailand for a couple of months on a 60 day tourist visa. Of course, I did this before the current infections crisis!

The Phuket sandbox was always dependent on the 700,000 residents/workers  being fully vaccinated before July. The vaccines were available then but of course there are now other priorities for the Thai government. Over 60s first! The Phuket tourist authorities have been told that if they can acquire the vaccines commercially from outside Thailand and get the people vaccinated they can still go ahead with the sandbox. However, it seems to me unlikely that they will be ready for July. But I live in (no) hope for August.

Offline Kev40ish

• Forum Moderator
Everywhere was so quiet. I really feel for the locals. It’s a real struggle at the moment for them.

Offline Steve2

Unfortunately a lot of the businesses won't survive the new lockdown that came into force in several areas yesterday

Offline kuck

Kev, you lucky handsome man! Well done on landing there!

Do share more about your trip, please. How did you plan the trip? How was the travel - specially arrival? How did you get all the information required? What part are you in? Is there much life? How long are you there for, and what's the plan looking like?

Offline Kev40ish

• Forum Moderator
Kev, you lucky handsome man! Well done on landing there!

Do share more about your trip, please. How did you plan the trip? How was the travel - specially arrival? How did you get all the information required? What part are you in? Is there much life? How long are you there for, and what's the plan looking like?

Unfortunately I haven’t much to share, as I was only there for 3 days for work. I would have liked to have stayed longer and been released from my ASQ hotel, but had to be back in the Uk for some meetings.
It was straight forward for me as it was an important meeting, so was fast tracked with the Visa, flights and only really had to book into the hotel. I have had both vaccinations and had to arrange PCR tests all quite straightforward.

I couldn’t leave the hotel, as it was a Covid secure conference, so the only fun I could have was with a girl who worked at the hotel.

Offline pgpgpgpg

Landmark bakery girls downstairs used to be very friendly but that was pre-COVID......need to get back out there and order something tasty :)

Offline kuck

Thanks Kev.

Ok, I'm no longer jealous  :P

I'm now getting the impression that a Thai trip won't really be possible till next year.

Offline winkywanky

Unfortunately I haven’t much to share, as I was only there for 3 days for work. I would have liked to have stayed longer and been released from my ASQ hotel, but had to be back in the Uk for some meetings.
It was straight forward for me as it was an important meeting, so was fast tracked with the Visa, flights and only really had to book into the hotel. I have had both vaccinations and had to arrange PCR tests all quite straightforward.

I couldn’t leave the hotel, as it was a Covid secure conference, so the only fun I could have was with a girl who worked at the hotel.

You may not even have paid for it Kev, but I'm sorry, I simply cannot let that go. Details, please  :)

Offline Kev40ish

• Forum Moderator

You may not even have paid for it Kev, but I'm sorry, I simply cannot let that go. Details, please  :)

I did pay for it.

I was chatting to a Maid that worked there, saying how I miss not being able to go out for a massage and how lonely it is on my own, She had a friend who worked at the hotel, who would keep me company overnight.

Offline winkywanky

I did pay for it.

I was chatting to a Maid that worked there, saying how I miss not being able to go out for a massage and how lonely it is on my own, She had a friend who worked at the hotel, who would keep me company overnight.

She love you long time then?  :D Cute? Looker? Naughty? Price?

Offline Jerboa

Looking at those videos, the places I know well deserted, all those bargirls hungry for some baht, how things have changed, many businesses will never return, it has been the Cities plan for years to gentrify Patts west of Second road and move the dirty farang bar beers and gogos eastwards, maybe they will accelerate that. I would usually got for at least a month to 6 weeks, so maybe a 7 day QT might not be so bad, maybe we will again really be handsome men once again!  :D

Will WS ever be like this again?

Offline Steve2

Apparently Tree Town off So1 Bukhao is gradually replacing Walking St as the goto place to be

External Link/Members Only

Offline Your Chef

Gents, some good news.
Rejoined Thai Friendly and slowly adding contacts to Line. One lady in Bangkok has posted a TikTok video showing her receiving her first dose of vaccine and the number of people seen is large.
So it looks as though progress is being made.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 10:41:13 am by Your Chef »

Offline Rossi

And what test do you recommend that we should use for diagnosis?

Stating a fact, not giving advice. The inventors name was Kary Mullis.

I hope they are on track soon, as I need to go and sort a task, and the obvious requirement of debauchery
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 07:40:43 pm by Rossi »

Offline Somebloke

Thanks for all the details posted here, looks like my current plans for Autumn may not happen.
I had an awesome time on my first visit in Phuket back in 2019 and am desperate to get back to a few of the girls I met and to hang out in a fantastic live music bar I found hidden away down a back alley.
Banned reason: Troll
Banned by: Ali Katt

Offline METEOR

I'd love to to be able to get there for some winter sun just after Xmas. Not been for 2 years. Have a horrible feeling that it won't be quite the same or could take a while to get back to what it was like. Even though I don't go mainly for the Thai women it's still nice to have the option and to be able to sit in a bar or club with half naked women surrounding you!

Offline Your Chef

Updated information at External Link/Members Only

Mandatory quarantine is still a requirement.

Offline Steve2

This Youtube channel does a daily update. Some quite interesting info

Offline Your Chef

It looks as the the big towns and cities are doing OK but not out in the sticks?

Offline wtfb

The Phuket Sandbox is still on track for 1st July implementation. The Phuket Sandbox will allow fully vaccinated tourists to enter Phuket without quarantine. The Sandbox plan is still one step from approval but is being supported by the Thailand Tourist Association (TAT) and the Prime Minister. It was reviewed at cabinet earlier this week and given approval to proceed subject to one final approval. If the Phuket Sandox succeeds then further Sandboxes are proposed for other areas of Thailand including Chiang Mai and Pattaya.

For the Phuket Sandbox to be allowed  to be implemented on 1st July
- 70% of the Phuket population have to have been vaccinated (currently 60% of 400,000)
- Only vaccinated visitors (Thai and foreign) will be allowed to enter the Island (currently entry to Phuket is very strictly controlled at all entry points)
- Phuket must have a very low incidence rate of Covid (it does)

All foreign visitors will have to meet strict conditions
- Visa from Thai Embassy
- Certificate of Entry from Thai Embassy (will be updated from current COE which requires quarantine)
- Visitor must come from low risk country
- Must have COVID-19 approved travel insurance (approx £100 per month) for duration of stay
- Must have negative PCR test 72 hours before travel
- Must have Vaccination certificate and have been fully vaccinated (2 doses) more than 14 days before arrival
- Must fly direct to Phuket (Thai are offering direct flights from LHR and various other European cities)
- Must be pre-booked to stay in an SHA Plus approved hotel for 14 days on arrival (but no restrictions on tourist activities and girlfriends can join you in your room :-))
- Must install contract tracing app
- Must have negative covid test on arrival and on Day 5 of stay (cost £10 - £25)
- Must follow the local rules for Covid avoidance (masks, social distancing etc)

After the 14 days in Phuket the visitor can then travel anywhere in Thailand.

Two links with more details

Obviously, no-one can predict the future with Covid... so the whole Sandbox plan may fail, or UK may not be classed as low risk or a whole bunch of other stuff....

However, your action news reporter is going to give this a go in August. Flights booked (£550 return, changeable) Hotel booked (£10 a night, free cancellation ) I will do the Visa/COE/Insurance stuff in July when the Sandbox has officially opened. I will have to physically go to the Thai embassy (2 visits) for the Visa/COE

Offline fudi_maar

However, your action news reporter is going to give this a go in August. Flights booked (£550 return, changeable)

Thanks for the really useful post, @wtfb.

Question - which airline are you using? I could not find any direct flights at all from London to Phuket.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 04:58:19 pm by fudi_maar »

Offline cunningman

Question - which airline are you using? I could not find any direct flights at all from London to Phuket.

It actually says which in the post.  Specsavers?

Offline wtfb

Although I am flying Thai, the question is still relevant because if you want to go to the Sandboxes in Chiang Mai or Pattaya you will have to fly to Bangkok and then make onward connections. The exact way this will work is still not approved. Chiang Mai was supposed to be an October opening along with Pattaya and others but Chiang Mai is now pushing for an August opening. It's worth saying that only the Phuket sandbox has been "approved" so far.

The only direct flight from London to Phuket is Thai from LHR every Saturday from July 3rd onwards and with the Sandbox plan for Phuket you have to fly direct. No changes or stopovers. There are a number of airlines approved by the TAT/Thai government including Singapore Airlines, Eva Air, British Airways and others but Thai is the only one flying non-stop to Phuket.

I hope that the Chiang Mai Sandbox is approved for August. I like the place a lot.  Although I could go there after 14 days in Phuket anyway, it will be a lot lot safer if they have vaccinated 70% of the population in Chiang Mai which will be one of the requirements for the Sandbox to be approved.

Offline wtfb

Quick update on Covid-19 insurance that you have to have to go to Thailand.

It is probably best to take out a Thai policy rather than trying to rely on Travel Insurance purchased in the UK. There are two real reasons for this. If the UK government is advising against all but essential travel (punting may not be classified as essential  :yahoo:) UK purchased travel insurance may not be valid. Also, the Thai Embassy will have to approve the policy to grant the Visa/COE and they have strict guidelines on what the policy has to cover. A policy purchased in Thailand will automatically provide a certificate guaranteeing COVID-19 cover.

In my earlier note the price I quoted was wrong. I said it was approximately £100 per month. In fact it's £100 for two months. This was with Allianz Thailand. AXA also operates there. I got my quotes through MrPrakan (they operate like comparethemarket)  for AXA/Allianz and others.

Finally the Covid-19 insurance is medical insurance and works for your medical needs in Thailand, not just Covid related. It is not travel insurance so there is no cover for missed flights/lost luggage/delays etc etc

Offline wtfb

A quick update on the Phuket Sandbox.

This has now got the final go-ahead to start on the 1st July. The order was published in the Royal Gazette which means that the Thai embassies can now acknowledge the existence of the Phuket Sandbox. The new COE (Certicate of Entry) for the sandbox will be available on Monday. The old one used to insist on quarantine. I will publish the link to the new process on Monday when I find it.

All the other conditions I mentioned above are still in place. (Two vaccinations, Visa, COE, Covid insurance, neg PCR test before travel, Direct flight to Phuket, Neg PCR test on arrival + two further PCR test during the first 14 days. ) first 14 days need to be booked in an SHA+ hotel after that you can go anywhere - then of course you have to come back to the UK....

Apart from this long winded (and expensive) process. There are two other possible obstacles. Covid is running riot in Thailand (but not in Phuket where most have been vaccinated) and Covid is running riot here too. The UK may decide to put Thailand on the RED list. Similalry, one of the rules of the Sandbox is you must come from a country that is low/medium risk. UK is currently medium but I guess could be classified as high risk soon. If either of these happen then it won't be possible to go.

I am still hoping to go in August but who knows. It is an expensive process but the hotels are very cheap. I am paying £100 a week for a 4* hotel near the beach/Bangla including breakfast which is about a quarter of what I paid last time I was there.  Flights/hotels can be cancelled/changed for free.

This is the full text of the order as published in the Royal Gazette plus a summary from theThaiger news

Offline jonn

The only direct flight I can find is thai airways from London and were about £800 return
The 3 tests you need in TH are 10000 BAHT (£230) then you need your tests for the flights
They are also saying that you cannot have anyone in your hotel with you
If / when infections rise I think they will be quick to close things
I'd love to get back to asia, but I think I will wait a bit longer

Offline UKDave51

A quick update on the Phuket Sandbox.

This has now got the final go-ahead to start on the 1st July. The order was published in the Royal Gazette which means that the Thai embassies can now acknowledge the existence of the Phuket Sandbox. The new COE (Certicate of Entry) for the sandbox will be available on Monday. The old one used to insist on quarantine. I will publish the link to the new process on Monday when I find it.

All the other conditions I mentioned above are still in place. (Two vaccinations, Visa, COE, Covid insurance, neg PCR test before travel, Direct flight to Phuket, Neg PCR test on arrival + two further PCR test during the first 14 days. ) first 14 days need to be booked in an SHA+ hotel after that you can go anywhere - then of course you have to come back to the UK....

Apart from this long winded (and expensive) process. There are two other possible obstacles. Covid is running riot in Thailand (but not in Phuket where most have been vaccinated) and Covid is running riot here too. The UK may decide to put Thailand on the RED list. Similalry, one of the rules of the Sandbox is you must come from a country that is low/medium risk. UK is currently medium but I guess could be classified as high risk soon. If either of these happen then it won't be possible to go.

I am still hoping to go in August but who knows. It is an expensive process but the hotels are very cheap. I am paying £100 a week for a 4* hotel near the beach/Bangla including breakfast which is about a quarter of what I paid last time I was there.  Flights/hotels can be cancelled/changed for free.

This is the full text of the order as published in the Royal Gazette plus a summary from theThaiger news

You`ve mentioned you need a visa to travel, I was under the impression it was visa free for anything up to 30 days.

Offline seandana

That was pre COVID-19 now you need a visa from the Thai embassy but that may change if the sand box experiment works

Offline wtfb

The only direct flight I can find is thai airways from London and were about £800 return
The 3 tests you need in TH are 10000 BAHT (£230) then you need your tests for the flights
They are also saying that you cannot have anyone in your hotel with you
If / when infections rise I think they will be quick to close things
I'd love to get back to asia, but I think I will wait a bit longer

I booked my flights some time ago now on spec so I don't know what the flight prices are like now.

You'll pay for two covid tests in Phuket Day6/7 and 12/13. cost is 2800 baht per test from the official supplier and it's organized by the hotel at one of seven testing centres or at the hotel. The test at the airport is currently said to be free but things change. But I will have to pay for a test in the UK beforehand which will cost about £60. I will also have to pay for a 60 day tourist visa as I'm planning to stay for 60 days. I will try and get a 90 day O visa if I can. It all seems like a lot of money but because the hotels are so cheap in about 10 days I will already be saving money compared with my 2019/2020 trip. I appreciate that the economics work for me because I'm going for a longer time but are not much good for short time punters   :D

There was a question about guests in the room in the first 14 days. This issue isn't agreed/sorted. The statement saying no guests was made by the TAT chief but then he was told he didn't make the law. The law states you can have guests and that is not contradicted by the Sandbox order as published in the Royal Gazette. Of course it could still be ammended... in which case I'll have to shag the maid instead....

On the punting front lots of freelancers have started popping up on Thaifriendly in Phuket. A month ago it was pretty dead. If no guests are allowed in rooms for the the first 14 days, a slow comfortable screw against the wall or sex on the beach will be more than cocktails....

Offline Goodtimegary

Where do i find the hotels which are released for staying in by the Authorities? I was looking into renting a condo via Airbnb  is that possible? I have seen on Airbnb a villa which was advertised as sanctioned by the Authorities?

Offline jonn

Where do i find the hotels which are released for staying in by the Authorities? I was looking into renting a condo via Airbnb  is that possible? I have seen on Airbnb a villa which was advertised as sanctioned by the Authorities?
I assume you mean for the Phuket sandbox? Try this link

Offline wtfb

For the first 14 days tou have to stay in an SHA+ hotel.

Offline wtfb

Earlier in this post, there we some questions about visas. It's confusing!

The Pattaya Mail reports today that there will be 30 day VISA on arrival for Sandbox entrants

The Thai Embassy in London says 45 dav Visa on arrival is available

But some of the comms on the sandbox says you have to get your visa before travel

Who knows1

Offline clivethomas

Earlier in this post, there we some questions about visas. It's confusing!

The Pattaya Mail reports today that there will be 30 day VISA on arrival for Sandbox entrants

The Thai Embassy in London says 45 dav Visa on arrival is available

But some of the comms on the sandbox says you have to get your visa before travel

Who knows1

Yeah, they've lost the plot.

You can get a visa now at External Link/Members Only  Not entirely sure but might have to send your passport to London. I don't see why visa exempt wouldn't be valid for the sandbox.

Waste of time going back right now, everything has gone and all bars have shut for now.  Check the youtube videos for where ever you are planning on staying and you will see what derelict shit hole awaits you.  Nearly all the birds are back in the villages and forbidden from coming and going by the locals who think covid is the most dangerous thing in the world.  (Possibly is quite dangerous given how they live and the medical facilities available to them mind you)