Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Bangkok and Pattaya hotel recommendations  (Read 7192 times)

Offline Pierpoint

As title. 3 days in Bangkok 2 in Phuket and 3 days in Pattaya beach. We want safe clean hotels around £16 - £26 per night central to the red light areas. Personal recent recommendations please and hotels with en-suite and who allow guests. Thanks in advance.

Offline ShyGuy.

Err, you'd get a ten people-per-room hostel for those prices, I doubt a room within a reasonable distance.

If you're prepared to spend some cash without going overboard, I highly recommend the 'Aspira Sukhumvit' in Soi 7/1, Sukhmvit Bangkok: modern, clean, girl-friendly (as 99% of hotels are).

Phuket: Yorkshire Hotel: the cheaper windowless rooms are small but pleasant

Pattaya: Golden Ville Spa and Boutique: 10 mins walking distance of Walking Street but, poor quality bathrooms (honestly, who wants to see a frosty image of a girl shitting whilst you're waiting for her on the bed) where the water from your shower just goes everywhere, but otherwise quite nice.

I'll be returning to the Aspira next May and on the lookout for a better hotel in Pattaya this time, closer to Soi 6 than Walking Street. Though I might get a baht-bus if I end up going there.

Honestly, you're going for just 8 nights - unless you want the nightmare of Thai taxi drivers taking you from a cheaper hotel, why not treat yourself to something a bit better?

Offline Pierpoint

Hidden Image/Members Only
    So what do you suggest I put in thè search box for recent recommendations for hotels ? Unlike you I don't have hours to spend trawling through old 2017 posts which are not up to date. If you don't have any helpful advice don't comment.

Offline METEOR

The crystal beach hotel in patong is nice. About a 10 min walk to bangala and 1 min to the beach. I was there in June and paid £12 a night. Was off season so will br more now I expect.
In Bangkok I stay around sukhumvit soi 11. Near nana and not far from soi cowboy. I stayed in a hotel called eleven avenue last time . Girl friendly and ok rooms plus if you want lounge around a pool go to the ambassador just up the road and use theirs. Just buy a couple of drinks while. No one has ever questioned me and I've done it a dozen times over the last few years. I've stayed at that hotel before and it's nice but think it will be around £40 a night and the night guard will usually want 100bht or so to take a girl up.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 12:44:13 pm by METEOR »

Offline RogerBoner

Offline Rossi

As title. 3 days in Bangkok 2 in Phuket and 3 days in Pattaya beach. We want safe clean hotels around £16 - £26 per night central to the red light areas. Personal recent recommendations please and hotels with en-suite and who allow guests. Thanks in advance.

Try here - External Link/Members Only

Just scroll down and you will see some hotel guides

Offline Goodfellas000

You're coming across as quite the entitled cunt in your approach.

Offline Boinky

Unlike you I don't have hours to spend trawling through old 2017 posts which are not up to date.

You must really enjoy shit experiences in life if you're not willing to put in the effort on a bit of research before you buy/travel/order.

As you're unwilling and too busy to put in any effort, why should we for a no-name user that's been here a year and contributed fuck all.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 05:50:08 pm by Boinky »

Offline Pierpoint

Thank you Rossi METEOR and ShyGuy. You have been most helpful.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
    So what do you suggest I put in thè search box for recent recommendations for hotels ? Unlike you I don't have hours to spend trawling through old 2017 posts which are not up to date. If you don't have any helpful advice don't comment.
Hardly going to endear you to other members.   :unknown: 
You might find you get a better response if you state what you've done for yourself, searches and the like, before asking on here. Goes down a lot better than expecting others to spend their time, to do it for you.

Offline Redakita

Surreena hotel.......soi 13/2... b&b aaround £18.
Beach Road and beach is 200 yards away. Walking Street 5 min walk.
Stayed there 2 times now...
Girl friendly...
Enjoy

Offline seandana

Boss Suites Nana Hotel Bangkok is just off soi 4 (SOI Nana ) I stayed there in 2018 its fit for purpose and not far from all the action no problem bringing ladies or ladyboys back all depending on your preference enjoy
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 11:19:55 pm by seandana »

Offline Pierpoint

Hardly going to endear you to other members.   :unknown: 
You might find you get a better response if you state what you've done for yourself, searches and the like, before asking on here. Goes down a lot better than expecting others to spend their time, to do it for you.

[/quote]
Plenty of looking at Booking.com Travelzoo etc etc but not had any personal recommendations from anyone who has recently been and actually stayed in the hotels. I did a search on here but many are 2 or 3 years old and things change.

Offline Pierpoint

Offline Beamer

You're coming across as quite the entitled cunt in your approach.

His contribution is SFA yet he expects everyone else to identify and put options available on a plate for him and when it appears that he is not wanting to spend a reasonable price for accommodation
What a plonker    :hi:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 07:11:18 pm by Beamer »

Offline Summers

Stayed 10 nights at Sleep with me Pattaya in October. Really nice rooms for 25 odd quid a night and only a 5 min walk to lk metro

Offline Pierpoint

Stayed 10 nights at Sleep with me Pattaya in October. Really nice rooms for 25 odd quid a night and only a 5 min walk to lk metro
  Thanks Summers.

Offline billyjo

Can someone recommend a 4-5 star  hotel in a good location in Pattaya?  I will be there for 5 days in January, first time, I would like a location preferably within walking distance of the action.  Ideally looking to spend around £80 per night on accommodation that would have to be guest friendly.  Also what kind of spending money would i need?  In Thailand for 2 weeks, 3 days Bangkok, 5 days Pattaya and a bit of sightseeing in between.  All flights and accommodation will be paid for beforehand.  Would £2000 be enough?

Offline Steve2

Can someone recommend a 4-5 star  hotel in a good location in Pattaya?  I will be there for 5 days in January, first time, I would like a location preferably within walking distance of the action.  Ideally looking to spend around £80 per night on accommodation that would have to be guest friendly.  Also what kind of spending money would i need?  In Thailand for 2 weeks, 3 days Bangkok, 5 days Pattaya and a bit of sightseeing in between.  All flights and accommodation will be paid for beforehand.  Would £2000 be enough?

£2000 would be a very generous budget

hardtoplease

Define "walking distance" - 100yards/500yards/mile? Siam@Siam Design Hotel. I’m booked for here in November and got it for £70pn on one of the aggregator sites and with free cancellation just in case it all goes tits up. Terrific rooftop pool. Remember, always book a double room, makes it less likely you get stung for a joiner fee when you bring a lady back  :drinks:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 08:35:09 pm by hardtoplease »

Offline Birdhunter

LK Empress Beach road Pattaya 5 min s walk to walking street  right amongst the action, very nice rooms. Good breakfast.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 11:51:31 pm by Birdhunter »

Offline Birdhunter

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 11:53:33 pm by Birdhunter »

Offline billyjo

Thanks for the replies, the temperature gets up to 30C in January so I'd pefer to be as close to the action as possible, minimum walking distance, easy to pop back to hotel for a quick shower to freshen up and straight back to the action.  I'd like to be as close as possible to walking street, Soi 6 and Beach Road.

Booked the Novotel on Sukhumvit 4 in Bangkok which is meant to be right next to Nana Plaza.

Online pgpgpgpg

Pattaya - what was the Marriott (now Avani) is worth a look also. Closer to walking street and can be accessed from its main entrance or directly through the back gardens from beach road. Really nice traditional gardens which are great for escaping the heat and hiding away with your new friends.

Bangkok - one of the night managers of the Novotel is the cousin of one of the girls on Nana and always assured a friendly welcome :)
Location is fine for Nana and little shopping centre on the doorstep for all those odds and sods, as well as a good outdoor restaurant on the other side of the road in what looks like an old garage - great fish.

Offline billyjo

Pattaya - what was the Marriott (now Avani) is worth a look also. Closer to walking street and can be accessed from its main entrance or directly through the back gardens from beach road. Really nice traditional gardens which are great for escaping the heat and hiding away with your new friends.

Bangkok - one of the night managers of the Novotel is the cousin of one of the girls on Nana and always assured a friendly welcome :)
Location is fine for Nana and little shopping centre on the doorstep for all those odds and sods, as well as a good outdoor restaurant on the other side of the road in what looks like an old garage - great fish.

I've read a few reports saying Avani not guest friendly.

Online pgpgpgpg

I’ve never had a issue with a guest at any of the 4-5 star hotels including those that have negative reviews. Hilton’s, Sheraton’s, Radissons etc.

Maybe some have but that’s not my experience. Avani has an open reception at the front of the hotel and the garden entrance entirely bypasses the reception area and you have access to rooms without going near it.

Security guy on the gate was always very amenable.

Just my 2p’s worth from my experience if it helps.

Offline billyjo

I’ve never had a issue with a guest at any of the 4-5 star hotels including those that have negative reviews. Hilton’s, Sheraton’s, Radissons etc.

Maybe some have but that’s not my experience. Avani has an open reception at the front of the hotel and the garden entrance entirely bypasses the reception area and you have access to rooms without going near it.

Security guy on the gate was always very amenable.

Just my 2p’s worth from my experience if it helps.

I;'ve emailed Avani direct and asked, just awaiting their reply.

Offline tobyk1

Bangkok you wanna stay at Marriott Sukhumvit for easy Nana Plaza Access

:thumbsup: :music: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cool:
Banned reason: Posting on 2 accounts
Banned by: daviemac

Offline billyjo

Here's the reply from Avani,

Greetings from Avani Pattaya Resort!

Thank you very much for your interest in our products and services. Regarding your question: there is no ‘companion’ or ‘visitor’ fee when booking an Avani Flexi or Avani Flexi with breakfast, directly with the hotel.

For other rate plans and other indirect booking channels, a ‘companion’ or ‘visitor’ fee of 1,000 baht net, per visitor, per day/night will apply.

Offline billyjo

Bangkok you wanna stay at Marriott Sukhumvit for easy Nana Plaza Access

:thumbsup: :music: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cool:

Too pricey!

Offline billyjo

Off topic but need some advice, I've been reading a Pattaya forum on another website and it sounds like most these guys are barebacking the girls in Pattaya.  Punting is only a bit of fun to me and no way I would ever risk barebacking any of these girls, the stories of punters catching std's from these girls has scare me.  If I stick to the more expensive go go girls and avoid the freelancers and bargirls am I correct in assuming the more expensive go go girls are less likely to offer bareback? 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 02:01:26 pm by billyjo »

Offline Kev40ish

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Off topic but need some advice, I've been reading a Pattaya forum on another website and it sounds like most these guys are barebacking the girls in Pattaya.  Punting is only a bit of fun to me and no way I would ever risk barebacking any of these girls, the stories of punters catching std's from these girls has scared me.  If I stick to the more expensive go go girls and avoid the freelancers and bargirls am I correct in assuming the more expensive go go girls are less likely to offer bareback?

I wouldn’t assume anything... just look after your own safety

Offline RogerBoner

I wouldn’t assume anything... just look after your own safety
It really is at the punter's initiative as the girls are very lax over this issue.

Offline billyjo

It really is at the punter's initiative as the girls are very lax over this issue.

Was planning a few long time punts but after reading what I've read think I will stick to short time, wouldn't feel comfortable sharing the same bed with someone who's barebacked who knows how many people.

I was under the impression the gogo girls are regularly tested?

Online pgpgpgpg

I am sure there's a lot of people on here who can offer differing opinions but the advice I would give myself in retrospect all those years ago is....

Thailand is an amazing country full of possibilities - you don't know what they are until you have spent time there.
Don't plan everything and don't ask every question that jumps in your mind.
Thai people use the words fussy and serious to describe people who do this and taking a relaxed approach will pay you dividends.

If you are worried about girls who BB - don't play - it's that simple.
Alternatively keep yourself safe and stop thinking about what they may have done in the past.
They certainly aren't :)

You can have masses of safe fun according to your wants and likes but just don't overthink it.

It's a great place to have great times - enjoy.

Online pgpgpgpg

Was planning a few long time punts but after reading what I've read think I will stick to short time, wouldn't feel comfortable sharing the same bed with someone who's barebacked who knows how many people.

specifically and a point I have made on another thread a long time ago, girls swap urine tests so just because people are testing doesn't mean they are reliable.

I know this from direct personal experience in Nana.

Offline RogerBoner

Yes they are supposed to be. Also there are places like The Devil's Den that show each girls up to date sexual health certificate in their online profile and they only practice safe sex there. I've never taken a girl from a tourist GoGo bar. They  are good fun and will wank you under the table. But the barfines are high and the girls aren't much prettier. So your thinking is logical. The other site may have more info as the contributors are more focused about specific girls and bars. If you are squeamish you could use Short Time rooms in the premises of many of the bars.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 10:26:36 pm by RogerBoner »

Offline beanfarmer05

Off topic but need some advice, I've been reading a Pattaya forum on another website and it sounds like most these guys are barebacking the girls in Pattaya.  Punting is only a bit of fun to me and no way I would ever risk barebacking any of these girls, the stories of punters catching std's from these girls has scare me.  If I stick to the more expensive go go girls and avoid the freelancers and bargirls am I correct in assuming the more expensive go go girls are less likely to offer bareback?

I had a scare in 2019 in pattaya where a condom split whilst I was with a girl. It was the last week of my 4 weeks in Thailand and I was bothered that much by it I went to one of the hospitals and paid for a course of PEP (post exposure prophylaxis).

Back in the UK I went to the STI clinic and got the full spectrum of checks in the relevant times. The nurse/doctor was very good and advised me to consider taking PREP on my next holiday.

PREP is used widely in the gsy community but not as much by straight people but the principle is the same. You take one pill a day and it reduces your risk of catching HIV dramatically. BUT it wont protect you from other STIs so using condoms is sensible.

You dont have to take it all the time either,just dose yourself up before and during your holiday and stop when you get back. You have to purchase it online and you must get your kidney function checked before starting your STai clinic can advise you.

It's something to think about doing if you worry about a condom splitting,or being so drunk or horny or both that bare back happens

BF

Offline wtfb

I have stayed in several hotels around Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza all since Chrismas. Before I start to list the hotels, I am always a little surprised when I read about extra charges for guests. This has never happened to me in Thailand or Philippines. I always book a double room. I tend to stay in larger hotels because i like the anonimity. I also like big beds.  I have only once been asked for the name of the other guest, that was in the Go Hotel in Ermita, Manila. I gave them a name but no-one checked when i returned later with a Doris in tow. So I am interested to know if anyone has been charged extra for a guest having booked a double room or whether some people (not members here) are perpetuating a myth for a financial incentive like booking fees or because they want to push bookings to certain hotels.

Anyway, back to the hotels. !000 baht is approx £25

Syama Nana. A short walk to Nana Plaza. A double room booked through booking.com 1,300 Baht. A modern hotel with good facilities. Good shower. Good bed. I stayed here on my last night in Bangkok (10th Feb 2020). I went to Nana Plaza but decided I preferred Soi Cowboy but I will write about that separately. It's a 100 baht taxi fare off the meter between the two . As it was my last night in Bangkok I had decided to enjoy myself. It's a good locatiion because some girls open "pop up" bars on the main street near the hotel. Good fun and good prices. Reception and security guard in the hotel were great. I took three girls back in total that night, the first from Soi Cowboy and then one from one pop up bar and another from the other pop up bar. With the first girl they just smiled, with the second girl they smiled and grinned. With the third they burst out laughing! Would I stay there again? Yes definitely.

Red Planet Bangkok Asoke. About a ten minute walk to Soi Cowboy. Booked through booking.com 1000 baht a night double room. The hotel has been recently modernised. The rooms are nicely decorated but too small. The bed is too small too. Nice bathroom. I wouldn't book this place again. No room anywhere for your suitcase. But cheap and staff were pleasant. No problem bringing guests back but no staff around to ask for extra towels.

W21 by Serene Asoke Suites. About as close to Soi Cowboy as it's possible to get. Next to a 7/11 and opposite a big shopping mall. Booked through Agoda 1250 baht per night. Hard to find in the taxi. But about 20 yards from Soi Cowboy! Small lift. Good size room. Big bed. Modern. Good shower. Two guests first night. No issues. Extra towel requested and provided. Good value and an excellent location. Would stay again.

Sukhumvit Suites Hotel. Very close to Soi Cowboy. Just walk round the corner. Also very close to the big shopping mall. Has a downstairs bar with food. Hotel entrance on third floor. Doorman helped me out of the cab and to the lift and reception. Smart place and sometimes expensive. Booked through Agoda 2000 baht per night in a "Superior" room. Nice room. Good size. Big bed. Good shower. Stayed here several times but sometimes rates are expensive. For me about 2000 baht is tops. Wouldn't pay more. First time I stayed here had a very enthusiastic overnight. Finished up with blood on the sheets. Quite a mess. But they handled it very well and in a professional manner. Extra towels provided on request. Would stay again if the price was right.

If you need cash, there are a number of cash machines (they all charge)  in the big shopping mall and a money exchange place that did surprisingly good rates.

Hope this helps.

Online pgpgpgpg

Here's the reply from Avani,

Greetings from Avani Pattaya Resort!

Thank you very much for your interest in our products and services. Regarding your question: there is no ‘companion’ or ‘visitor’ fee when booking an Avani Flexi or Avani Flexi with breakfast, directly with the hotel.

For other rate plans and other indirect booking channels, a ‘companion’ or ‘visitor’ fee of 1,000 baht net, per visitor, per day/night will apply.

Just a shot to get you to book via their website. I booked indirectly via Agoda because I build up lots of points on there from work which you can offset against the hotel prices. Never charged a fee at the hotel. Asking an official a question will get you a party line that suits them - not necessarily the reality when you are there.

HTH

Online pgpgpgpg

I have stayed in several hotels around Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza all since Chrismas. Before I start to list the hotels, I am always a little surprised when I read about extra charges for guests. This has never happened to me in Thailand or Philippines. I always book a double room. I tend to stay in larger hotels because i like the anonimity. I also like big beds.  I have only once been asked for the name of the other guest, that was in the Go Hotel in Ermita, Manila. I gave them a name but no-one checked when i returned later with a Doris in tow. So I am interested to know if anyone has been charged extra for a guest having booked a double room or whether some people (not members here) are perpetuating a myth for a financial incentive like booking fees or because they want to push bookings to certain hotels.

Syama Nana. A short walk to Nana Plaza. A double room booked through booking.com 1,300 Baht. A modern hotel with good facilities. Good shower. Good bed. I stayed here on my last night in Bangkok (10th Feb 2020). I went to Nana Plaza but decided I preferred Soi Cowboy but I will write about that separately. It's a 100 baht taxi fare off the meter between the two . As it was my last night in Bangkok I had decided to enjoy myself. It's a good locatiion because some girls open "pop up" bars on the main street near the hotel. Good fun and good prices. Reception and security guard in the hotel were great. I took three girls back in total that night, the first from Soi Cowboy and then one from one pop up bar and another from the other pop up bar. With the first girl they just smiled, with the second girl they smiled and grinned. With the third they burst out laughing! Would I stay there again? Yes definitely.

Red Planet Bangkok Asoke. About a ten minute walk to Soi Cowboy. Booked through booking.com 1000 baht a night double room. The hotel has been recently modernised. The rooms are nicely decorated but too small. The bed is too small too. Nice bathroom. I wouldn't book this place again. No room anywhere for your suitcase. But cheap and staff were pleasant. No problem bringing guests back but no staff around to ask for extra towels.

W21 by Serene Asoke Suites. About as close to Soi Cowboy as it's possible to get. Next to a 7/11 and opposite a big shopping mall. Booked through Agoda 1250 baht per night. Hard to find in the taxi. But about 20 yards from Soi Cowboy! Small lift. Good size room. Big bed. Modern. Good shower. Two guests first night. No issues. Extra towel requested and provided. Good value and an excellent location. Would stay again.

Sukhumvit Suites Hotel. Very close to Soi Cowboy. Just walk round the corner. Also very close to the big shopping mall. Has a downstairs bar with food. Hotel entrance on third floor. Doorman helped me out of the cab and to the lift and reception. Smart place and sometimes expensive. Booked through Agoda 2000 baht per night in a "Superior" room. Nice room. Good size. Big bed. Good shower. Stayed here several times but sometimes rates are expensive. For me about 2000 baht is tops. Wouldn't pay more. First time I stayed here had a very enthusiastic overnight. Finished up with blood on the sheets. Quite a mess. But they handled it very well and in a professional manner. Extra towels provided on request. Would stay again if the price was right.

If you need cash, there are a number of cash machines (they all charge)  in the big shopping mall and a money exchange place that did surprisingly good rates.

Hope this helps.

Good recommendations for location; to add to that if Soi Cowboy is of interest then Sukhumvit Suites Hotel is on the corner of Asoke Junction i.e. you've soi Cowboy, the popup Bar, Citibank, Hotel. You fall out of the gogo's into it :)

HTH

Offline dubs

Just a shot to get you to book via their website. I booked indirectly via Agoda because I build up lots of points on there from work which you can offset against the hotel prices. Never charged a fee at the hotel. Asking an official a question will get you a party line that suits them - not necessarily the reality when you are there.

HTH

Yeah just make sure that you book a double room for 2 guests, and you will be fine.

If you bring a girl back, most places will want to get a copy of her ID card which makes for good security for them and for you.   It goes on all the time so nothing to be embarrassed about.

The Thermae bar is in that area if you want to check out freelancers, but the prices are high.  4000 Short time, 8000 long time are the starting bids from the girls.  There's YT videos that give a good impression of the place.  External Link/Members Only

Offline Roykeegan

For Pattaya I like Bay Breeze Hotel.
It’s on the second road end of Soi Honey (opposite Retox bar). Very close to LK Metro, Beach Road, plus Baht Buses (20 baht) to and from Walking st and Soi 6.

Offline Stickitin

Hope this helps.

Park Plaza is on the corner of the Big intersection by cowboy, that is a nice hotel and pretty good value at around 2000 ish per night. It’s a bit of a business hotel though but I had no problem bring girls back. Taipan on the other side of cowboy isn’t bad either, not as nice as PP but more of a mongers hotel so you won’t feel self conscious.

Offline MrMohican

£2000 would be a very generous budget
You say 2k is very generous but out of interest what would you experienced guys look to put aside for expenses for a couple of weeks in Thailand - ballpark figure?

Offline Stickitin

You say 2k is very generous but out of interest what would you experienced guys look to put aside for expenses for a couple of weeks in Thailand - ballpark figure?

Depends what you are doing, if you like to party it up and get a girl most nights it’s easy to blow through £200-300 a day.

If your a bit more low key and just chilling out and doing sightseeing and the odd massage etc £50-100 a day would be enough.

Offline exhippy

I was in Thailand 10 weeks on my own, hired a car twice for about 5 weeks and took 5 internal flights. Travelled from the northwest mountains to eastern Isaan and the central plains to  Phuket. Hit 3 real islands: Phuket, Phayam and Samet (ko lan I don't count). Punted according to my records 24 times - in total they worked out roughly at £1100 (cheapest handjob, 700Baht cheapest sex 1000 , most expensive 3500 in nuru places). Never spent more than £27 for a room, most less than £20 - £8 for some). Spent on everything including presents, clothes, cars, flights internal and external, even a £70 taxi at one point,  £7000 in total compared to the £4000 I would have spent back in Britain. Wish I had not come back  - though I have two non punting foreign trips coming up to Ireland and Albania in the next two months, followed by Thailand and Indonesia , I hope in August & September and Colombia for Xmas. Got to stave off the retirement blues