Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: how did it get to this? £100/30mins  (Read 2985 times)

Offline horsa

I can remember when I first joined this site prices on AW were £120 maximum for an hour with a Brazilian stunner or £100 maximum for a hottie Pole. The girls looked great with much more variety. It seems that more and more girls are increasing their prices, but based on what? They are obviously getting the customers and people are paying it.
£100/30mins seems to be the norm now for a decent looking WG. Even the new girls are using this as figure when they start up. How can girls now charge £100 for 30mins and £200 for an hour  :dash: Prices for things in life never decrease, they always go one way which is up  :dash:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 06:15:01 pm by horsa »

Offline HarryZZ

Because people pay it, is the simple answer. It's supply and demand, near where I live York/Harrogate it's around £150 an hour as an average, but you see SPs in London advertising at £100 an hour, that doesn't seem right, but there's just far more choice in London, had any of my local SPs phones started to get dusty then they would have to reduce their prices.

Offline David1970

Could agree with you more.
I mainly punt in the Northeast and it was £50 HH up to a couple of years ago now £70 HH for a decent independent a 40% increase in 2 years.
I also punt some times in Scotland and it's gone from £60HH to £80HH+ a  33%+ increase.
One SP I saw in Glasgow in Febuary at £80 HH has had 2 price increases in 2 months to £90 then £100.
Some idiots must be fuelling this hyper inflation in SP prices.

Offline horsa

Could agree with you more.
I mainly punt in the Northeast and it was £50 HH up to a couple of years ago now £70 HH for a decent independent a 40% increase in 2 years.
I also punt some times in Scotland and it's gone from £60HH to £80HH+ a  33%+ increase.
One SP I saw in Glasgow in Febuary at £80 HH has had 2 price increases in 2 months to £90 then £100.
Some idiots must be fuelling this hyper inflation in SP prices.
another year and it will be £120/30mins in London?

Offline Payyourwaymate

Well, you have a couple of options.

1) Find a way to make more money.

2) Find cheaper options/punt less.

3) Hope and Pray for an economic recession to knock everything back down and you don't fall victim to it either.

The first two options are more pragmatic. 

Online threechilliman

Same in Manc. When I started 5 years ago 120 was the norm. Now 150 seems to be the going rate and plenty charge more, particularly ex-Sandy's girls.

TBH I punt so little these days it hardly matters. That said, I still like VFM cos I'm from Lancashire.....

Offline horsa

dont like it? dont pay it! this applies only so much, when does it stop though?

Offline hitman33

And add to this mediocre punts, Photoshop pictures, all the rubbish Romanian s,  poor attitude, not responding to messages, it goes on. I think it used to be better in the old massage parlour days.

Offline EnglishRebecca121

• Banned
  • Service Provider
same thread different day.....

supply and demand . everything goes up, my chiro increased his rates, as did my hairdresser and the cats cattery,  part of life.

im pretty sure 10 years ago it was still the same £120-£200 ph people pay today
Banned reason: Ex sex worker with zero useful contribution to make
Banned by: Head1

Offline horsa

supply and demand . everything goes up, my chiro increased his rates, as did my hairdresser and the cats cattery,  part of life.

you have contradicted your words there. I very much doubt it was £120ph 10 years ago, it would be interesting to hear from people who punted then..
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 07:51:39 pm by horsa »

Offline David1970

There seems to big regional variations in price, but what is not varying is large percentage increase in price all over the country.

If we are flooded with Easter European and South American SP, the law of supply and demand seems not to be working.

Offline hendrix

15 years ago, London agencies charged around £200-£250 for all services. No different today.

I started punting around 30 years ago, services were very limited compared to now, rare to get kissing or owo, with prices at around £30 for 30 minutes.

Offline horsa

lots of girls charging £100/30mins without OWO or FK  :wackogirl: 10 years ago what were AW girls charging? assuming it was around then

Offline biker-boy

Went a long way to helping me quit. When I figured out that it was costing me £2/min and around 2 days of good honest work just to get my rocks off, and to facilitate a relatively action-less marriage, and ultimately to fund another persons' life, I had to stop. Don't get me wrong, I had some great experiences, but the thought of what I spent overall deeply disappoints me nowadays.
On the subject of price increases, I know one ex-Newport girl who charged £70/hr; now she's £170! Even my No.1 favourite from Cardiff is now up to £180/hr, when once she quoted £50/hr.
I'm glad I'm out - generally.

Offline hendrix

lots of girls charging £100/30mins without OWO or FK  :wackogirl: 10 years ago what were AW girls charging? assuming it was around then

Yeah, for me, that's terrible vfm. It's hard to say, but the Indies I saw from AW around 10 years ago were probably £120-£150, but that was with cim, anal etc. I'm not really interested in less service than that so can't recall what the more vanilla WG's charged.

Online wristjob

you have contradicted your words there. I very much doubt it was £120ph 10 years ago, it would be interesting to hear from people who punted then..

Fraid so. The main Leeds agencies were the same price back then, and the way things are going now they are cheaper than many indis and probably more reliable. I think up til abotu 2010 it was something like 80/120-150 for the most part round these parts. I imagine the recession and lots of EEs pushed prices down and Brexit + weak pound has pushed some of them away or increased prices and maybe things like SA have soaked up some of the new talent.

Offline Stiltskin

10 years ago I remember seeing London AW girls for £70-£80 per half hour. An hour was £150 usually.

Today you still have girls charging £70-£80, but the spread in prices has gotten wider. With some charging £100-£110. I was expecting the new minimum to be £90 by now, but many of them have skipped that price point and gone straight to £100.

TailSeeker

Prices go up and prices go down. You can't just think what was happening 10 or 20 years ago. Changes in technology and law shifted what was going on. Plus changes in the market.

It's like trying to compare housing prices. The flex can be minor or extreme compared to the time frame you use.

Offline peter purves

I can remember when I first joined this site prices on AW were £120 maximum for an hour with a Brazilian stunner or £100 maximum for a hottie Pole. The girls looked great with much more variety. It seems that more and more girls are increasing their prices, but based on what? They are obviously getting the customers and people are paying it.
£100/30mins seems to be the norm now for a decent looking WG. Even the new girls are using this as figure when they start up. How can girls now charge £100 for 30mins and £200 for an hour  :dash: Prices for things in life never decrease, they always go one way which is up  :dash:

I cannot remember the Brazilians being at £100 for the hour...were they??  :(
Banned reason: Can't / won't take advice.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Marmalade

I don’t think that’s necessarily the case. Let’s say you decide you need £500 a week to live on. That’s 4 punts at £125 for however long or two punts at £250. Unless you’re hard working, which most prossies are not, that’s an interruption to the day’s shopping, box sets, and pretending to go to the gym, twice a week or four times a week. Clearly twice a week is less of an interruption.

You need four people to fund a 4x£125  income but only two idiots to fund a 2x£250 income. While idiots might be in short supply, they’re not in complete short supply, so it’s a more attractive market.

The same greedonomics has been applied to chocolate. There’s only a small margin on a bar of dairy milk: but put it in a fancy box with a cheap ribbon or a list of miraculous organic benefits and sell it to idiots floating around John Lewis or Harrods for ten times as much.

The lower middle class and working class now have less money to spend on whores; but the upper middle class find such numbers mere trifles. Hence whores focus on those with money to spare and fanny flap figures rise accordingly.

In certain 3rd world countries I’ve often seen a not dissimilar phenomenon that puzzles the ‘market economics’ fools. If business goes down (for whatever reason) the prossie, instead of lowering prices, raises them. The logic is, if there are only so many people willing to pay for a fuck, then they had each better pay more.

A third factor is lifestyle. When the society is generally tolerant, many young girls or housewives will do a bit of quick part time work to add to their student loans or hubbymoney. But they don’t want to risk brushes with police or hardened criminals. So they leave the business and the more avaricious, hardcore fanny flappers, such as your dear beautiful self, can take over the market and demand their own prices. No offence.

Offline Marmalade

Prices go up and prices go down. You can't just think what was happening 10 or 20 years ago. Changes in technology and law shifted what was going on. Plus changes in the market.

It's like trying to compare housing prices. The flex can be minor or extreme compared to the time frame you use.

Technology and laws definitely. When prossies realise the money they could be making they put their prices up. Some of my best punting days were abroad in a small ‘village’ that was run by prossies. They all worked independently at the times they chose. Everything was on tap — food, bars, music, tattoo artists, traders that would visit selling them cosmetics, toiletries and sparkly things that girls like, even their own security, all this even though they didn’t live there. The price of a quickie was less than £5, a percentage of which went for the room (behind and bar) and which provided a condom if you hadn’t brought you’re own. Mostly it was only locals that patronised the establishments. Over the years it was advertised more on forums and the internet and tourists arrived in their hordes. Prices went up. And up.

Offline Marmalade

How can girls now charge £100 for 30mins and £200 for an hour  :dash:

How can Greggs charge you more for their pies?

They simply convince you it’s “the going rate”  :sarcastic:

Online willie loman

Its not 100£ , 30 minutes up in Scotland, you can actually find 60£ 30 minutes, in Edinburgh.

Offline tesla

Prices do go up and down but the trend is definitely up, my first punt was £10 for half an hour but that was 40 years ago

Offline luv2kiss54

Went a long way to helping me quit. When I figured out that it was costing me £2/min and around 2 days of good honest work just to get my rocks off, and to facilitate a relatively action-less marriage, and ultimately to fund another persons' life, I had to stop. Don't get me wrong, I had some great experiences, but the thought of what I spent overall deeply disappoints me nowadays.
On the subject of price increases, I know one ex-Newport girl who charged £70/hr; now she's £170! Even my No.1 favourite from Cardiff is now up to £180/hr, when once she quoted £50/hr.
I'm glad I'm out - generally.

Yes there are many examples of girls charging more for less services. One example is Rosie who used to provide full services and now only limited breast play but i see from her profile that her next London Tour is fully booked !!. External Link/Members Only.
Quite unbelieable really but if she can get punters to pay £100 for 30 mins of such a limited service you cant blame her i suppose.

Offline MilleMiglia

Over 20 years ago, £120 ph was standard at parlours in the home counties, with independents at £80. I think most peoples minds have been coloured by cut price foreign imports, which applies to a lot of things these days.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Its not 100£ , 30 minutes up in Scotland, you can actually find 60£ 30 minutes, in Edinburgh.

It isn't in the NE either, there's loads on agency books at £60 / £110. Plenty of indies at the same price as well. It all depends on your location really.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 08:24:11 am by daviemac »

Offline hawkzville

Stella Artois and IBM Computers!

In short; economics, advertising and market forces combine!

Stella Artois "reassuringly expensive" was the old strap line - how many times have you seen a prossie advertise herself as "upmarket" or "high class" before delivering the killer blow in the price box of £200 PH + It's the old adage of paying over the top for perceived quality - in my experience rarely delivered.

Then you examine the IBM model; go back tot eh early mid 90's and you'd pay £2,000 - £3,000 for a pretty low-spec clunky PC, which now would cost you £2250-£500...…

Translating to the prossie world then; you have your Stella Artois prossies - often British, or niche; then the IBM type impact of the EE's who started arriving at the turn of the century, bring the average price right down for "the same thing" - only it isn't any more is it? My old 1993 IBM still works a treat - very basic, but it works - I've lost count of how many new PC's I've had since throwing away after a couple of years..... with prossies; it could be argued that the better girls are the more expensive (I've not seen too much evidence though) but undoubtedly at the budget-bin end of the market the service/quality has plummeted and now - with the Brexit effect on the £ etc - as well as falling numbers of girls, those that remain are either increasing prices, rushing services, optional extras etc etc..... will it get better? I doubt it! Chances are in 5-years we will look back at now as some sort of golden age.

Thank goodness my punting days are pretty much behind me - he says selfishly.

Offline Thepacifist

Over the years I’ve seen prices fluctuate from 60/120, 80/150 and now I see the trend of 100 for hh. Maybe it’s a London thing  :unknown:

Offline blueduck

Over the years I’ve seen prices fluctuate from 60/120, 80/150 and now I see the trend of 100 for hh. Maybe it’s a London thing  :unknown:
I think london can be treated differently, I’m prepared to pay far more than I would up north because it’s a one off treat..

Offline Blackpool Rock

Ultimately the value of any commodity / item or service etc is what another person is prepared to pay for it so it's back to the laws of supply and demand plus regional variations.

I've always maintained that parlours (certainly around Manchester) offer far better value than Indi's however others complain that "extras" are extra in a parlour despite already paying for the extras up front with an Indi as it's pre loaded into the price and then you find it's either not on offer or the girl wants to still charge extra :dash:

I've seen girls AW adverts who I want to punt but don't on principle as they are asking too much.
My benchmark for 30 minutes is £50 + £10 for OWO + £10/20 for CIM / Facial so "All in" i'm happy to pay £80/30 minutes however many Indi girls want £90/100 and don't even list half the fucking services or if they are on offer it's still not clear whether it's included or she's going to rinse you further once your cock is in her gob.

The thing is that I could go over my benchmark price for the right girl that i've seen before and know she hit's the spot with an excellent service or if she is well reviewed / recommended on here but even the Newbies with no history or track record are charging top dollar.
Someone must be paying and therein lies the problem  :thumbsdown:

Offline Blackpool Rock

I think london can be treated differently, I have to pay far more than I would up north because everything is a rip off in the big smoke
Corrected it for you  :blush:  :D

Offline king tarzan

It's simple as time moves forward in years prices move forward rising up...

This punting game is for

Starting point financially comfortable upwards...

It's not for hand to mouth penny pinchers...
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Waterhouse

It's simple as time moves forward in years prices move forward rising up...

This punting game is for

Starting point financially comfortable upwards...

It's not for hand to mouth penny pinchers...

Spot on, Mr Kouros.   :thumbsup:

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
I've been punting for over 10 years. You would regularly pay £120 then I know I did. The difference is in 2009 we had the £50/£60 an hour punt started with poles and Baltic girls, then European gypsies and then the prices went up.

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
Stella Artois and IBM Computers!

In short; economics, advertising and market forces combine!

Stella Artois "reassuringly expensive" was the old strap line - how many times have you seen a prossie advertise herself as "upmarket" or "high class" before delivering the killer blow in the price box of £200 PH + It's the old adage of paying over the top for perceived quality - in my experience rarely delivered.

Then you examine the IBM model; go back tot eh early mid 90's and you'd pay £2,000 - £3,000 for a pretty low-spec clunky PC, which now would cost you £2250-£500...…

Translating to the prossie world then; you have your Stella Artois prossies - often British, or niche; then the IBM type impact of the EE's who started arriving at the turn of the century, bring the average price right down for "the same thing" - only it isn't any more is it? My old 1993 IBM still works a treat - very basic, but it works - I've lost count of how many new PC's I've had since throwing away after a couple of years..... with prossies; it could be argued that the better girls are the more expensive (I've not seen too much evidence though) but undoubtedly at the budget-bin end of the market the service/quality has plummeted and now - with the Brexit effect on the £ etc - as well as falling numbers of girls, those that remain are either increasing prices, rushing services, optional extras etc etc..... will it get better? I doubt it! Chances are in 5-years we will look back at now as some sort of golden age.

Thank goodness my punting days are pretty much behind me - he says selfishly.
This is a jumbled mess of a post, but there is a point.

Stella is a shit lager anyone who thinks it's great tasting has no olfactory receptors. The ABV has gone from about 5.4% to 4.8% to avoid a higher tax rate. Reassuring cutting value for the consumer.

Travel back in time very few competitors to the IBM in the early days. Later we had things like the C64 and if you like cheap pcs like Tandy. This drove the price down. Now for a top of the range PC I would expect to pay about £1000+. So prices have pretty much halved if not quartered. With your IBM it is basically a glorified typewriter, the more complicated the architecture the more likely it is to break. Nokia 3210 are more likely to still work than an iPhone 1.

What has kept prices down is parlours. £45 to £50 per half hour. Different environment but it's going to be an alternative for a punter. The other is British girls raising their prices to differentiate themselves from the ees at £80 an hour or whatever, if they are now more it's going to reflect that.

Brexit effect is a concept not a fact.

With price. It isn't the same as buying a vauxhall shitheap and a Bentley continental. When will people learn? The number of profiles I've seen at £200 and not even OWO is offered. How is that vfm?

Likewise people have had a great time with £70 an hour Bulgarians. It's just about whether someone is willing to take the risk and walk if it looks shit.

I've seen no profiles, no feedback £150 an hour why the fuck am I going to bother? The same at £120, probably not. £100 or less I'll take the risk all day long.

Online wristjob

What has kept prices down is parlours. £45 to £50 per half hour. Different environment but it's going to be an alternative for a punter. The other is British girls raising their prices to differentiate themselves from the ees at £80 an hour or whatever, if they are now more it's going to reflect that.

Interesting this and maybe I was misreading the data before. Parlouds/agencies seem to have kept prices the same so are starting to look like good VFM - and I was expecting them to follow suit with the price rises. But.... surely the parlours/agencies are the entities that are ran most like businesses, the ones that notice if they are getting more footfall and if the market can stand an increase. If they aren't increasing prices maybe girls at these crazy prices really aren't getting the amount of business we assume they are. I've been in parlours a bit recently - saw 4 girls under blankets on sofas yesterday and no other punters in sight.

I wouldn't be surprised if EEs cartel  aren't behind a price at the bottom of the market and that is pushing everyone else up, but doesn't mean people are getting business

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
Interesting this and maybe I was misreading the data before. Parlouds/agencies seem to have kept prices the same so are starting to look like good VFM - and I was expecting them to follow suit with the price rises. But.... surely the parlours/agencies are the entities that are ran most like businesses, the ones that notice if they are getting more footfall and if the market can stand an increase. If they aren't increasing prices maybe girls at these crazy prices really aren't getting the amount of business we assume they are. I've been in parlours a bit recently - saw 4 girls under blankets on sofas yesterday and no other punters in sight.

I wouldn't be surprised if EEs cartel  aren't behind a price at the bottom of the market and that is pushing everyone else up, but doesn't mean people are getting business
It was bank holiday recently, still is a lot of people away. I've not been in a parlour for a few years, but they were busy then. It's quite telling that there has been a number of offers last month with Indies.

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider
As far as I understand and based on the time I've been involved, most prices haven't risen much if anything since the mid 2000s and possibly back to the 90s.

Services I use have mostly increased their prices, although a few types of business seem to have reduced or stayed at the same rates during these time periods.

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
As far as I understand and based on the time I've been involved, most prices haven't risen much if anything since the mid 2000s and possibly back to the 90s.

Services I use have mostly increased their prices, although a few types of business seem to have reduced or stayed at the same rates during these time periods.
Total bollocks. Energy bills have increased as has council tax. Wages in the middle band at least have stayed fairly stagnant, minimum wage has doubled since say 1995, but so has the price of a loaf of bread. There's no doubt money doesn't seem to stretch as far as it used to.

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider
Total bollocks. Energy bills have increased as has council tax. Wages in the middle band at least have stayed fairly stagnant, minimum wage has doubled since say 1995, but so has the price of a loaf of bread. There's no doubt money doesn't seem to stretch as far as it used to.

When I said "Most prices" I meant in the sex industry, not general bills - which is what I was then referring to in the second paragraph of my post.

Council tax, household bills have definitely risen!

Sorry about the confusion.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 01:38:22 pm by Strawberry »

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
When I said "Most prices" I meant in the sex industry, not general bills - which is what I was then referring to in the second paragraph of my post.

Sorry about the confusion.
Nope wrong again. About 10 years ago, a girl with no feedback, no reputation and no reviews wouldn't have the sheer audacity to price herself at £150 an hour upwards in Yorkshire. Poles also wouldn't price themselves at £120 without working for at least a year and building up a client base.

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider
Nope wrong again. About 10 years ago, a girl with no feedback, no reputation and no reviews wouldn't have the sheer audacity to price herself at £150 an hour upwards in Yorkshire. Poles also wouldn't price themselves at £120 without working for at least a year and building up a client base.

Thank you.

Offline BaronVonProdger

In certain 3rd world countries I’ve often seen a not dissimilar phenomenon that puzzles the ‘market economics’ fools. If business goes down (for whatever reason) the prossie, instead of lowering prices, raises them. The logic is, if there are only so many people willing to pay for a fuck, then they had each better pay more.

I think you make a fine point there.

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
Thank you.
Do you see female escorts? No judgement, I just wondered what you meant by this:
Services I use have mostly increased their prices

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider
Do you see female escorts? No judgement, I just wondered what you meant by this:

No I meant services provided by businesses in general, and self-employed traders/service providers.

For example physio, counsellors, osteopath, beauty treatments, hair cuts that sort of thing.

First paragraph in my original post referred to sex industry, second paragraph bills for household expenses, power bills, council tax, other businesses and tradespeople etc.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 04:27:28 pm by Strawberry »

Offline tidytuz

when you do an AW search, in the 'Rates' tab put 0-80 quid only for the half hour rate, & in the 'Profile' tab tick the services you uncompromisingly want included.

that way,  you won't even come across & be annoyed by any deluded overpriced whores & their laughable profiles  :thumbsup:

Offline David1970

when you do an AW search, in the 'Rates' tab put 0-80 quid only for the half hour rate, & in the 'Profile' tab tick the services you uncompromisingly want included.

that way,  you won't even come across & be annoyed by any deluded overpriced whores & their laughable profiles  :thumbsup:

I did that for a £80 HH appointment, only to be told when I phoned form outside the flat for the flat number about extras that are standard in hour punts.

Offline Matrix

I used a lot of agencies in Edinburgh, 15 odd years ago. Haven't used one since the "world famous" Becky Carlisle turned up at my door loudly saying "I hope you don't have aids as I haven't brought any condoms"!!! Rather fucking awkward.

The prices were usually £130-150. Still the same now. I've had good punts at £90, but now I ignore anyone who charges less than £110 an hour (in the UK).  I probably miss out on the odd gem but most girls who charge less than that scream "Romanian pimp shit".

Standard appears to be £120 with services and looks raising the price to £150-200 in above average cases. There are a number of girls who only charge £120-140, looking for £80-100 for a half hour, now.

Never paid more than £200 an hour. Don't think I ever will. The last time I arranged a punt at that price, the "girl" behind the door looked like Pete Burn's Ugly brother/sister after falling asleep beside the fireplace. She answered the door with her butchered tits hanging out. Probably to detract from her even uglier face.

"ABOUT TURN!"  :scare:

Essentially it comes down taste.

Do you go "free-range" , "factory farmed" or "grass-fed"?

Offline acer123

West Kent, plus other parts of Kent as well, it's £100 half an hour, that including the clock watching and time wasting BS. 

:dash:

Punting is an expensive business, most of the time a piss take!