Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Punting on ice?  (Read 2635 times)

SirFrank

Anyone currently put punting on ice? If so why? This morning i took my car into the garage for a service and MOT and the mechanic is still shaking his head rubbing his chin and making bad news noises! It would be easier to tell you what's not wrong with my car. He's yet to give me a quote (he's going to phone me tomorrow) but he thinks it's upward of £500! I was planning on sinking the pink Wednesday night as the duchess is out but I think it's fair to say that's now gone for a burton. Fucking cars - dead money. One thing is for sure if it's really bad news I'll probably buy a new motor. Pointless paying hundreds on a car that's on its way out. It's 8 years old now and been a good motor but thought for a while it was getting time to flog

rogerc23

I thought this was going to be a thread about a new tv series!
Seriously though i totally agree about cars,payments for repairs are the one thing above else which can eat right into my "naughty fund"....

valleypunter

I've spent way too much on my car lately.. Think mine needs replacing too...

cockneybstrd

For some reason Sir Frank. I read between the lines that its 1990 were over at Frank's Car Lot you need the insurance money and your asking me to do a proper job and make sure there are no tramps left in the car this time.

Anyway that sounds like a double kick in the balls to be frank frank.

Specially as you had the free pass for wednesday as well

Offline billyjo

I've only had one punt so far this year, not due to financial reasons but because I just haven't been finding punting as exciting as I used to. 

SirFrank

I thought this was going to be a thread about a new tv series!
Seriously though i totally agree about cars,payments for repairs are the one thing above else which can eat right into my "naughty fund"....

Imagine that - a reason to watch ITV. Hosted by Torvill and Dean and presented by the silver fox himself Phillip Schofield. Each week some c listers shag some hooker while ice skating. Now that I would tune in for

Xerxes

I'm surprised, this is an easy one. Tell Lady Frank it's £2K for the car and you've got £1.5K spunk money (sponkey for short).

Offline finn5555

Anyone currently put punting on ice? If so why? This morning i took my car into the garage for a service and MOT and the mechanic is still shaking his head rubbing his chin and making bad news noises! It would be easier to tell you what's not wrong with my car. He's yet to give me a quote (he's going to phone me tomorrow) but he thinks it's upward of £500! I was planning on sinking the pink Wednesday night as the duchess is out but I think it's fair to say that's now gone for a burton. Fucking cars - dead money. One thing is for sure if it's really bad news I'll probably buy a new motor. Pointless paying hundreds on a car that's on its way out. It's 8 years old now and been a good motor but thought for a while it was getting time to flog

Look at leasing deals some good ones to be had including servicing tyres etc etc. the only downside is you never actually own the car but sometimes that can be a blessing  :hi:

Offline akauya

[snip]

Fucking cars - dead money.

[snip]

I feel your pain SirF. I don't have a car I have a wallet on wheels! And it's not just the repairs. Living in London make one tiny mistake it costs you a bomb. Park in the wrong place, or even just parking cost a fortune, get stuck in a box junction, forget to pay that miserable congestion charge, the list is endless.

Offline wristjob

I've only had one punt so far this year, not due to financial reasons but because I just haven't been finding punting as exciting as I used to.

You won't if you don't do it :)

Offline mattylondon

Look at leasing deals some good ones to be had including servicing tyres etc etc. the only downside is you never actually own the car but sometimes that can be a blessing  :hi:
I too looked into those, but I'm afraid the discovery that a large deposit is usually in order put me right off! I mean, what's the point? I may as well use that deposit towards the cost of a car that at least I'll own!  :D

vt

I too looked into those, but I'm afraid the discovery that a large deposit is usually in order put me right off! I mean, what's the point? I may as well use that deposit towards the cost of a car that at least I'll own!  :D

Yep, massive deposits, you've still got to finance that massive first year depreciation and after 3 years you have to hand it back with little or nothing to show for it...easy, but not a great deal IMHO

'Buy at 2, sell at 5' is the old traders' adage!  ;)

Nowadays, this means buying after the massive initial depreciation, this can be anything from a nearly-new to a 3 year old and then sell before expensive things start to drop off big time, clutches, fuel pumps, injectors, exhausts, alternators, power steering, air-con, wheel bearings, suspension and the multiple electronic gizmos that modern cars have...usually after 50-70k.

To the OP...oh well, it's the age-old problem, it looks like you've got to spend a bit of cash on the old banger and hope that she'll still get you there...but sadly that leaves you with nothing for any aspirations of going for a younger model!! Were we talking cars???  :lol:

Offline smiths

Indeed, if you dont want to own the car and want to change it every 2-4 years leasing can be a good idea in my experience. Also long term car hire which includes insurance can work out a decent deal at business rates. As ever depends what you are looking for. Top priority for me is low hassle motoring with everything but the fuel i use included, to me thats worth paying a bit more for.

Rochdull lad

Before I gave up driving, my attitude was similar to that.  As someone who had no interest in, nor aptitude for, mechanical matters so would have been hopeless at servicing a car, leasing was an easy alternative for me.

Offline anyfucker

the cost of buying a new car or leasing is likely to be far more than the depreciation or cost of a new car.
if your old car has a fe years life then £500 a year on repairs is way less than depreciation or leasing.
Whatever route you choose will cost you.

Iulia_P

I feel your pain SirF. I don't have a car I have a wallet on wheels! And it's not just the repairs. Living in London make one tiny mistake it costs you a bomb. Park in the wrong place, or even just parking cost a fortune, get stuck in a box junction, forget to pay that miserable congestion charge, the list is endless.

It would be much cheaper for you in the long run to get rid of it and use other modes of transport like tubes and buses. You could hire a car when you  really need one.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:49:28 pm by Iulia_P »

Offline finn5555

I lease but offset it against the business the deposit I had to pay was 10% so less than £4k last time. I have a limited mileage 3 year deal

Offline smiths

It would be much cheaper for you in the long run to get rid of it and use other modes of transport like tubes and buses. You could hire a car when you  really need one.

Of course its cheaper, thats not the point for some of us though, we either need or want a vehicle. Personally i am not up for using public transport, i did once and i vowed never again. I had what i can only describe as an extremely basic form of life, just about human sit next to me on the tube, the stench was horrific. :vomit:

An option for those that only need cars every now and again and for only short periods is Zipcar, no good to me but might suit some.

Iulia_P

Of course its cheaper, thats not the point for some of us though, we either need or want a vehicle. Personally i am not up for using public transport, i did once and i vowed never again. I had what i can only describe as an extremely basic form of life, just about human sit next to me on the tube, the stench was horrific. :vomit:

An option for those that only need cars every now and again and for only short periods is Zipcar, no good to me but might suit some.

Yes. Cabs are another option.

SirFrank

Well the news was pretty bad. All in it came to over £700 and for a car that's 8 years old I decided it wasn't worth the outlay. Just opted for essential MOT work and will replace. No have to spend Easter car hunting. Punting is out of question for this month. Bollocks

SirFrank

Fucking car salesmen. What a bunch of smarmy cunts. Looked at a few cars over last few days as mine has to go. Anyway went to see one yesterday that I really like but a bit more than I want to pay. Anyway the guy phoned me back today just to clarify a few things and I said does the price include the servicing agreement - yes all in he says. He then just phoned me back to clarify lead time if I ordered a motor and said do you want me to include the service agreement? I said it's included, you told me earlier it was when I specifically asked you. He said ah no that was for the 5 door not the 3 door. I said listen mate that's your problem not mine. I specifically asked you and you said it was included now you're telling me it's not. Oh ahh etc. I won't go into the diatribe that followed but it amounted to don't fuck me around pal. He's looking into it apparently... Presumably he's discussing his fuck up with his boss. Smarmy cunt. He ain't phoned me back and I guess he's not going to tonight

Offline akauya

Fucking car salesmen. What a bunch of smarmy cunts. Looked at a few cars over last few days as mine has to go. Anyway went to see one yesterday that I really like but a bit more than I want to pay. Anyway the guy phoned me back today just to clarify a few things and I said does the price include the servicing agreement - yes all in he says. He then just phoned me back to clarify lead time if I ordered a motor and said do you want me to include the service agreement? I said it's included, you told me earlier it was when I specifically asked you. He said ah no that was for the 5 door not the 3 door. I said listen mate that's your problem not mine. I specifically asked you and you said it was included now you're telling me it's not. Oh ahh etc. I won't go into the diatribe that followed but it amounted to don't fuck me around pal. He's looking into it apparently... Presumably he's discussing his fuck up with his boss. Smarmy cunt. He ain't phoned me back and I guess he's not going to tonight

Sounds like some prossies who agree to everything on the phone but refuse to deliver once money changes hands...

Siadwel

I'm on ice too. Haven't had a punt since early March and now my MoT's due on 3rd May.

Well, not MY MoT, you understand, but my car's MoT.

I'll get a decoke when that's done  :D

SirFrank

I'm on ice too. Haven't had a punt since early March and now my MoT's due on 3rd May.

Well, not MY MoT, you understand, but my car's MoT.

I'll get a decoke when that's done  :D

I'm suffering from open wallet surgery at the moment. Cost me £250 just to get it through MOT. To sort all the other shit out is around another £450-500, which is why it has to go. My misses harping on about getting shit for the garden today. I said FFS I'm skint as you well fucking know. Can't see me puntin again until at least May-June. Good luck with your motor

Siadwel

Thanks, Frank. I know I've got an advisory from last year about ball-joints, that I've done nothing about.

Cars are like pussy. Money-pits.

:lol: