Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Indexing reviews  (Read 1562 times)

Offline TheMurloc

Is this something anyone can do? If so how does one index a review?

I did search but every phrase i searched for brought back hundreds of results mostly reviews that had been indexed. :dash: :dash:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:23:04 am by TheMurloc »

Offline SO595

There's a group of user (I think admin calls them "helpers") that can do this.  If you're a helper, there is a box to enter the AW ID of the SP.
Banned reason: Idiot who won't take advice.
Banned by: daviemac

OldAdmin

Only accounts that I've added the 'Helper' facility to can do that, it extends to other things such as facility to move topics between regions, categorize topics, etc. At moment around 121 members have access.
Members wanting to be added just PM me.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
Is this something anyone can do? If so how does one index a review?

I did search but every phrase i searched for brought back hundreds of results mostly reviews that had been indexed. :dash: :dash:

Generally, as soon as a review is posted, either the reviewer (if he has permission) or any of the helpers usually index the review within a short period of the review going up, sometimes even minutes.

The only other time a review is re-indexed is when the WG has created a new profile, replacing the old one.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
There's a group of user (I think admin calls them "helpers") that can do this.  If you're a helper, there is a box to enter the AW ID of the SP.

PM Admin if you wish to help out on indexing reviews.

EDIT
Oops, Admin beat me to it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:29:29 am by CoolTiger »

Offline pewpewpew

Generally, as soon as a review is posted, either the reviewer (if he has permission) or any of the helpers usually index the review within a short period of the review going up, sometimes even minutes.

The only other time a review is re-indexed is when the WG has created a new profile, replacing the old one.
So what happens when a review is re indexed? Do review counts from all old profiles merge?

Offline GingerNuts

So what happens when a review is re indexed? Do review counts from all old profiles merge?

Yes. Reviews from the old profile are linked to the new profile.

Offline houseboot

It's always difficult to beat Goldfinch  :lol:

Offline Goldfinch

Offline Derrick101

The buggas pipped me by seconds many a time. He's also ace age getting links to parlours etc  :thumbsup:

Online Moby Dick

Occasionally he leaves the screen to go for a massage.

Edit
He probably uses a phone to update whilst he’s getting a massage.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 06:12:30 pm by Moby Dick »

Offline Goldfinch

Occasionally he leaves the screen to go for a massage.

Edit
He probably uses a phone to update whilst he’s getting a massage.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Goldfinch

The buggas pipped me by seconds many a time. He's also ace age getting links to parlours etc  :thumbsup:

:P :thumbsup:

Offline Goldfinch

One day...!   :P ;)

🕵🕵🕵

:drinks:

As 'Sinz' once told me "it's not a competition you know"

The Sheriff has taught his deputies well. :D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 06:46:09 pm by Goldfinch »

Online Waterhouse

🕵🕵🕵

As 'Sinz' once told me "it's not a competition you know"

The Sheriff has taught his deputies well. :D

:thumbsup:

Offline RedKettle

I usually manage to index my own before anyone else, otherwise I occasionally index one in the middle of the night. Very rare in the day.

Offline catweazle

Its quite rare that l get in fast enough to index a new review. Goldfinch is king, but others beat me to it.

The hundreds of unindexed reviews are VS, Gumtree, agencies or massage shops..... would be good if there was a way of indexing them too.

Offline Goldfinch

Its quite rare that l get in fast enough to index a new review. Goldfinch is king, but others beat me to it.

Davey Dykes and WARSZAWA16 tend to beat me to it on quite a few occasions. :angry: :mad:

Offline threechilliman

Davey Dykes and WARSZAWA16 tend to beat me to it on quite a few occasions. :angry: :mad:

Can I ask what the fascination about being the one to index reviews is?

OldAdmin

Thanks to those who index the reviews, there were the days years ago when I had to do them all by myself  :scare:

Offline Goldfinch

No fascination,just a task that needs to be done.

And no-one wants to see this message on the screen:

'An Error Has occurred!

Already indexed'

:scare: :scare: :scare:

Offline stevedave

I'm waiting for the day he indexes one of my reviews before I've had the chance  :lol:

Offline Goldfinch

I'm waiting for the day he indexes one of my reviews before I've had the chance  :lol:

;) :P

Online WARSZAWA16

No fascination,just a task that needs to be done.
And no-one wants to see this message on the screen:
'An Error Has occurred!
Already indexed'
 :scare: :scare: :scare:

I know that feeling well. I have a term for it now though - "Goldfinched".

Offline Goldfinch

I know that feeling well. I have a term for it now though - "Goldfinched".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline RedKettle

started off as just wanting to be helpful - now it is a challenge to find one to do before the buggers get there first!!!!

Online WARSZAWA16

started off as just wanting to be helpful - now it is a challenge to find one to do before the buggers get there first!!!!

Yes indeed. More challenging than doing crosswords or Sudoku. It's healthy competition - and it's all for a good cause too!

OldAdmin

Offline TheMurloc

Just giving a little bit back to our community

Offline tynetunnel

Just giving a little bit back to our community
Exactly, although in my case plainly not enough as I never made the top 24!  :dance:

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
Current indexing stats for past 1 year:

Hidden Image/Members Only

Goldfinch is waaaaaaaaay ahead of everyone, twice as many as 2nd placed Admin!!

Offline Marmalade

Good info. Someone ticked me off for not indexing my reviews. I guess I somehow thought it was automatic if the AW ID appeared somewhere in the review.

I assume it’s the case that no way has been devised yet of indexing individual prossies at establishments. I guess I have access to helper stuff (at least I used to) so will try to remember. I take long periods off from the board or sometimes just contribute more occasionally now. But I do believe in the value of a certain quid pro quo and try to give back at minimum in proportion to what I get out of it — but also as a way of supporting what I think is a worthwhile project, and out of respect to Admin and the founders who established it (against all odds). Best regards.

Offline Hobbit

I would love to index more reviews but others beat me to it.  It would be good if there was a way of having an alert sent to email when there is a new review published.

Offline Littlefoot

I would love to index more reviews but others beat me to it.  It would be good if there was a way of having an alert sent to email when there is a new review published.

By the time the alert was sent someone would have indexed it, probably GF.

Online Waterhouse

Hey fella... if you need something more than the 'Show recent reviews' link at the top of page, I can put you in touch with an African prince and some Nigerian lawyers who would be more than happy to keep your email inbox busy.   ;)
 :lol:

Offline Hobbit

Hey fella... if you need something more than the 'Show recent reviews' link at the top of page, I can put you in touch with an African prince and some Nigerian lawyers who would be more than happy to keep your email inbox busy.   ;)
 :lol:

Ahh, I didn't see that link, thanks for pointing it out. I think I'll give a pass on the African prince's for now as my mailbox is quite full already. :D

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Ahh, I didn't see that link, thanks for pointing it out. I think I'll give a pass on the African prince's for now as my mailbox is quite full already. :D

if you really want to get technical you could use the 'Unindexed Reviews' in the 'helpers' tab.   :hi:

Offline wristjob

Good info. Someone ticked me off for not indexing my reviews. I guess I somehow thought it was automatic if the AW ID appeared somewhere in the review.

I always assumed that. At one point I had access to the index screen - just assumed it was a mistake and didn't want to mess anything up :)

Much appreciated are the guys who put the effort in.

Offline Bogof60

Great to see the Helpers Helping out. Thanks Guys it makes the Board more readable.
And also a big Thanks to the new Moderators for taking the burden off Admin.
There was a time when I feared the workload on Admin alone was going to get too much and what happened with OT would happen to the whole board.  :scare:
Helper Me?
Too damn erratic at posting. Post a burst of stuff then go quiet for ages added to the fact that I am a complete numpty with tech rules me out but so glad some stepped up to the plate.

Once again Thanks Helpers, Moderators and of course the Man Himself.  :drinks:
Banned reason: Abuse of a mod.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Sparta Prada

I never index my own reviews, in my mind it’s nice etiquette for another helper to do this. Anyone agree?

Online Moby Dick

I never index my own reviews, in my mind it’s nice etiquette for another helper to do this. Anyone agree?
Absolutely
It’s like adding the approval or rubber stamp.

Offline Hobbit

if you really want to get technical you could use the 'Unindexed Reviews' in the 'helpers' tab.   :hi:

How would you index those as many of them don't have any AW links?

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
How would you index those as many of them don't have any AW links?

You can't index non AW reviews but it gives you the same information as the 'Show recent reviews', (both include reviews that can't be indexed) the difference is it only shows the unindexed ones. If a review is listed in the 'recent' tab you have to click on to see if it's been indexed or not, if an AW review is in 'unindexed' you know it hasn't been indexed .

Offline Hobbit

You can't index non AW reviews but it gives you the same information as the 'Show recent reviews', (both include reviews that can't be indexed) the difference is it only shows the unindexed ones. If a review is listed in the 'recent' tab you have to click on to see if it's been indexed or not, if an AW review is in 'unindexed' you know it hasn't been indexed .

Okay, thanks for the info. I will try my best but there seem to be people in the wild West that index faster than I do. :hi:

Offline Sinz

Offline RedKettle

I have just bagged two - Goldfinch must be getting a morning punt  :yahoo:

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
I have just bagged two - Goldfinch must be getting a morning punt  :yahoo:

Nah, he was busy doing 2 in the NE section.   :D

Oh, and adding a link to one in the WM.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 09:20:11 am by daviemac »