Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Please, Admin (feature request)  (Read 1034 times)

Offline TheOracle

Please, Admin, implement a freaking alert feature that blocks a browser tab from closing if one by mistakes clicks on the X instead of on the tab itself if there is a post that's being written!

It happened at least 3 times in the last year that I lost a review after 20 minutes of typing because I was trying to get back to it and it's honestly depressing.

Offline puntingpumping1920

Please, Admin, implement a freaking alert feature that blocks a browser tab from closing if one by mistakes clicks on the X instead of on the tab itself if there is a post that's being written!

It happened at least 3 times in the last year that I lost a review after 20 minutes of typing because I was trying to get back to it and it's honestly depressing.

Simple solution.

Download a notepad app if you're using a mobile/ tablet device. Type your review in the notepad app, then copy and paste it on this site

Even if your browser tab closes….you can copy and paste it again           

If you’re using a PC check these sites below

External Link/Members Only
External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 02:39:32 am by puntingpumping1920 »
Banned reason: Mr £500k go and buy some fucking manners
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline JayEZ2K

That's a bummer. I'm guessing you mean an "are you sure you want to leave this page" dialog.

In the meantime, a few tips that might help: If you use Chrome and then right-click on the tab bar and select "Reopen closed tab" (CTRL+Shift+T), it will reopen the tab with the text still intact. That has saved me several times.

It might also help to jot down notes on the notepad on the phone after the punt, while the memory is still fresh. This will give you an easy backup to work from.

And then the third tip that I've been working on is writing shorter, concise reviews. I used to spend forever writing reviews that were like essays, but now I'm trying to write faster, more concise reviews, which are probably easier to read as well.

OldAdmin

Ctrl + Shift + T will re-open the last closed tab.
Ctrl + Shift + N for last window.

Oldy worldy

Doesnt work on my tablet, so i guess only useful on a desktop?

Stevensmiles

Yes, always a good idea when writing long posts,
ie: a review

Type it somewhere safe first then cut and paste.

I do everything on my mobile so it’s so easy to use “Notes”

Online Waterhouse

I normally compose a review in the main body of a new email.  The draft is automatically saved in case anything goes awry, then I simply cut'n'paste it into the review panel and delete the unsent email when I'm done.

Offline TheOracle

That's a bummer. I'm guessing you mean an "are you sure you want to leave this page" dialog.

In the meantime, a few tips that might help: If you use Chrome and then right-click on the tab bar and select "Reopen closed tab" (CTRL+Shift+T), it will reopen the tab with the text still intact. That has saved me several times.

Nah, doesn't work in incognito mode.

Offline TheOracle

Not in incognito mode.

Offline TheOracle

I normally compose a review in the main body of a new email.  The draft is automatically saved in case anything goes awry, then I simply cut'n'paste it into the review panel and delete the unsent email when I'm done.

Anything else than an incognito window is at a higher risk of getting forgotten and leaving a trace. This needs a solution from inside UKP. It's something that requires maybe 10 lines of JavaScript.

Offline TheOracle

Yes, always a good idea when writing long posts,
ie: a review

Type it somewhere safe first then cut and paste.

I do everything on my mobile so it’s so easy to use “Notes”

Yeah, but I'd rather not 1) cut and paste stories of me fucking prossies, 2) use any type of persisting solution that is not confined to an incognito window.

Offline puntingpumping1920

Not in incognito mode.

I'm using incognito mode/ Firefox and those short-cuts works for me
Banned reason: Mr £500k go and buy some fucking manners
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline TheOracle

I'm using incognito mode/ Firefox and those short-cuts works for me

That sounds like a bug. ;-)

Offline TheOracle

Yeah, but I'd rather not 1) cut and paste stories of me fucking prossies

Sorry, obviously what I meant here was "...and then potentially forget I have that text in the clipboard".

mrhappypants

I write my reviews in word then cut and paste into the review box.  In particular, I find starting with the summary of the review writing guide and then writing over makes the reviews quicker and easier to write.  The other thing is that following some bad experiences I usually now leave reviews a few weeks before publishing them. 

Online Waterhouse

I write my reviews in word then cut and paste into the review box.  In particular, I find starting with the summary of the review writing guide and then writing over makes the reviews quicker and easier to write.  The other thing is that following some bad experiences I usually now leave reviews a few weeks before publishing them.
Now where have I heard that before...?   :D

Offline JayEZ2K

So to review...

* Reopen tab doesn't work in incognito mode
* Smartphone notepad is higher risk (iPhone notepad can automatically back up to registered email I've found)
* Word could be higher risk if on a shared computer

I think using a punting email account in incognito mode would be the safest. Yes there would be a trace within the email account, but there would be no history of visiting that email account, so nothing to lead someone there. And no user name saved, no password saved. So it's basically incognito mode + password protected.

Offline TheOracle

So to review...

* Reopen tab doesn't work in incognito mode
* Smartphone notepad is higher risk (iPhone notepad can automatically back up to registered email I've found)
* Word could be higher risk if on a shared computer

I think using a punting email account in incognito mode would be the safest. Yes there would be a trace within the email account, but there would be no history of visiting that email account, so nothing to lead someone there. And no user name saved, no password saved. So it's basically incognito mode + password protected.

Yeah, I'll resort to that.