Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: GUM Clinic - Some advice please.  (Read 4454 times)

TheCape

Ok, I've read some other threads, many of which go off topic after a few posts so I'll try to keep to relevant.  I haven't been to one before, but I've had a little soreness after peeing for a few days and wonder if it is best to be checked out.  Been to the doctor, did a urine sample and she had a quick look down the japs eye and nothing found.  Suggests I give it a few days as it may well pass. I didn't discuss my 'hobby' as I think she'd have said 'go to the clinic' anyway so kept that off my records.  I intend going to a private one, not too far from where I work, but before I do, some help with the following please:

1) It appears to be generally accepted, I can give false details. Ok, will give a good friends name (He lives miles away and is an alcoholic anyway - chances of him tipping up in the area are zero). DOB - Easy, my football team won a major trophy a couple of years after I was born, that'll be fine.  But address and postcode, does this need to be an actual address with a postcode that matches, if so I'll have to memorise before I go and does that need to be in a certain catchment area? If I want to subsequently pay with a credit card with my real name, does that cause an issue (So should I pay cash?)
2) The swab, how bad is it? I've had a camera put down the old fellow a couple of years ago, not a great morning, would be keen to avoid.  How often does that test need to happen? What is involved with Hep B jab?  Just that, a jab? 
3) How detailed is the questioning?  As above, I can remember a certain amount of false info but not too much, will be unsettling enough anyway without having to remember too much false info, though I do intend to be honest about my 'activities', otherwise little point in going I suppose.

I have only ever had protected sex (vaginal only, never had anal), oral both ways (Oral on me is now more covered than not but has occasionally happened), DFK, fingering and on one occasion, fisting. 

Apologies if this is basic stuff to the experienced, but as you can see, I am relatively new on here (Although I have punted and viewed this site for a few years).  I'm one of those characters that worry more than most, I would say. 

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Offline GreyDave

They do`not Judge or enquire to much they are helpfull and will give you a ref card so thats the important bit for further vists not football team dates ect . the test are easy its getting the neve to go in and accept what you have been up to might not be looked upon well but these people are fine just go then relax worry causes more probs than anything and if you have guilt pangs  KEEP THEM TO YOUR SELF :drinks: dont thow away a realtionship over worries about a few mircrob`s
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 07:35:31 pm by GreyDave »

TheCape

Thanks Dave, I think I'm pretty Ok with the 'embarrassment' bit of it, it's been likened to a first punt and I got through that ok.  It's main the swab that puts me off and just 'keeping up the lie' about false details if I have to start giving them.

Offline GreyDave

Swabs not what they used to be just a small cotton wad thing I did not notice it at bit (more worried about the nurse holding it) they test some things there and then its free and others you have to wait a few days for. Oh and dont drink to much fruit juice or Lager it can give you an irritant.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 07:40:23 pm by GreyDave »

Offline Steely Dan

Not understand why you will go to a private one.  But I don't understand why others pay £350 for a punt - to each their own.  Same result more money. 

So I have no experience with private, just the normal one.  I reviewed one - look at my posts.  Two things.  This is your health = your life, not just something to add to your enjoyment.  Seriously, man up and get on with it.  Tell the truth as much as possible - they really are there to keep you alive not to 'out' you. 

OK the main thing is DOB.  It sounds like you know it.  The rest doesn't matter.  Heb B is a course of 3 jabs.  That is it.  The questioning was neutral but asked about my history.  They wont ask much more than you just posted above.  How many?  Where?  What nationality?  Did you use condom?

For test for STI, the only other thing is blood and urine.  If you have something else wrong, of course it can lead to more intervention.  But the nice people at the GUM clinic will give you the best advice.  The only advice I offer is to GO.   

JV547845

They won't do a swab at NHS clinics unless you say you've got symptoms in your jap's eye.

The questioning after I tell them I pay for it is normally, how many sexual partners, girls or boys, (and then presumably top or bottom if yes to boys), from what countries (higher HIV risk in Africa and Asia), what kind of sexy time, did you use condoms for penetration, etc.?  Once they asked have I got their contact details, which was a yes to a spreadsheet I keep.  Nothing major.  Just to assess risk and track outbreaks.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 07:44:11 pm by JV547845 »

Offline iPad3

I went to  the paddington gum in London. Gave completely false details, they use various items and your phone number to confirm its you on subsequent visits and I forgot them, this was greeted with a smirk and a roll of the eyes, they know what's going on and couldn't give a shit.

Tests were no problem at all

Attitude from the staff was completely fine, told them all about my activities and they sorted me out no problem, had NSU, so pleased I went.

My veiw now is regular checks and if anything is amiss get straight down as not going could be far worse.

I've you've any specific queries please feel free to PM

:drinks:

TheCape

Dan - Going private as I'd rather pay a little and have someone being as nice as possible to my knob.  I know, I know, the local one will be fine but part of it, in all seriousness, is the reduced chance of bumping into anyone I know.  I know the chances are slim but also anywhere other than local will need a weekend visit and I can't do the next couple of Saturdays for family commitments (Relatives rather than wife - I am single).

I'm happy to pay to reduce the chance of an awkward 'bumping into someone' anywhere near the clinic.   

TheCape

Thanks guys - this is reassuring.

domino131

1) It appears to be generally accepted, I can give false details. Ok, will give a good friends name (He lives miles away and is an alcoholic anyway - chances of him tipping up in the area are zero). DOB - Easy, my football team won a major trophy a couple of years after I was born, that'll be fine.  But address and postcode, does this need to be an actual address with a postcode that matches, if so I'll have to memorise before I go and does that need to be in a certain catchment area? If I want to subsequently pay with a credit card with my real name, does that cause an issue (So should I pay cash?)
2) The swab, how bad is it? I've had a camera put down the old fellow a couple of years ago, not a great morning, would be keen to avoid.  How often does that test need to happen? What is involved with Hep B jab?  Just that, a jab? 
3) How detailed is the questioning?  As above, I can remember a certain amount of false info but not too much, will be unsettling enough anyway without having to remember too much false info, though I do intend to be honest about my 'activities', otherwise little point in going I suppose.

1 - You can make up whatever you want, you'll be given a reference number for future visits. I'm not sure what it is you think you'll be paying for?  If you need any prescription stuff that you have to actually buy you'll go and get it from a pharmacy elsewhere so I wouldn't worry about that. Sorry just seen that you said you were going somewhere private.

2 - If you've had one of those camera procedures, it's nowhere near that.  It's literally just half a second of unpleasantness and that's it.  I've got a real issue with things going there, and I was ok - not enjoyable but if I had to do it again I could cope.

3 - They'll ask you what kind of sex you've had and with whom (as in male/female, relationship partner/casual thing/WG, nationality etc.).  You shouldn't really have to remember any false info unless there's something in particular you're keen not to tell them, in which case prepare your lie beforehand.  Ultimately though, you're under no obligation to tell them stuff, you can just not answer, though I think it's a bit less awkward to just lie.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 07:51:37 pm by domino131 »

Offline Johny Stone

I have a coded note in my phone with the fake name and address I give at GUM.
I gave them my work number so I should be fine.
Ive been there twice in the past year, all good.
They are not nosey at all, very helpfull and discreet.
When your results are done you get a text on your phone to make an appointement with them to get the results. You can go in person or call them for the appointment. Simples.

TheCape

Yes, the benefits of a punting phone are ever more obvious, sounds like I don't have too much to worry about.  I am also hopeful that a further benefit of going private is that I can be in and out quite quickly and put it down to 'taking a late lunch' from work.

Offline herbie007

I use my local NHS GUM clinic, They don’t care if I call myself Mickey mouse, as long as I give them my correct date of birth and a mobile number that they can contact me on, no need for addresses or post codes either, but as mentioned above you should make a note of the ref number of the card they give you.

Another plus for using the NHS is that you don’t have to worry about using a card to make payments and you can be up front about shagging WG’s, they will advise that you get checked for everything and give you a quick once over, the Japs eye check is not as bad as it used to be.

They say It usually takes up to seven days to get the results back, I usually get mine back within 2 to 3 days. They will ask if you prefer a text or email, If they find anything they will call instead.

Loads of advice on here about Hep B, but if you need them it’s best to get the ball rolling with the first of 3 when you have the above tests done, then 1 a week later and then the final 1 after a further 2 weeks.

Offline badsin

I go fairly regularly to the GUM clinic close to where I live- normally around four times a year.
I do the blood and urine tests, and give all my correct personal details. I am single, and therefore my mindset tells me that I am not being unfaithful to anybody - so I do as I please :hi:
I receive the results via a text message - and have never waited more than around 8 to 10 days.

The clinic itself, is clean and modern. With nice staff, whom I have never found to be judgemental or critical.The only thing that I think about is seeing anybody I know as I walk through the hospital/clinic area. However I do have a cover storey: as I have very low blood pressure - and can make an excuse up along those lines if required.
 There is both a male & female clinic so no embarrassment on that front. However, on at least two occasions I have seen quite tidy yound birds with their boyfriends waiting in the male section of the clinic........ I have to say I do wonder what they have been upto? ;)

Id say just get yourself down there, get checked out - and hopefully that will put your mind at risk :thumbsup:

Offline flybynightpm

I looked at going private but its really not worth it.. the service at my NHS GUM is easy going and very non-judgemental..

I made up a name but kept my first name/DOB, they give a unique ID and its tied to your punting phone number..

I book an appointment and I'm the only one in the waiting room... Choose a town some distance away and no probs...

With regard the questioning, you can tell them as much as you want, I was completely open about Qty/variety/TSs etc and nadda... not phased at all...

Just remember the first name you gave and have the little id card ready.. All jabs/tests are free. Going private frequently will cost you a fortune..

Hammertime99

I go to my local NHS GUM clinic as I can pop in during the day (no questions asked by the wifey).

When you fill out your details on the form they ask you how you would prefer to be contacted - text/phone/email- and if you wish your doctor to be given results or not. So I just give my punting mobile number & request my doctor doesn't know.

As for someone seeing me - I've had urinary problems in the past and referred to the GUM clinic for that, so can use that as an excuse. I also use my own name too in case someone I know is there. Can't really use the urinary prob excuse if they call out a different name (only first names are called BTW).

Get checked regularly and protect yourself as much as poss on a punt. OWO is a no-no for me personally.

Offline AnthG

There is one swab that is not a nice feeling at all. Its either the Gonorrhea or the Chlamydia one but they want to get a swab of the back of your throat and it is not a nice feeling at all.

The rest are nothing.

My advice is they will need a urine sample so do not go before leaving the house. And specifcially ask for the Hep B vaccine. Also they do not pass info on to your GP. The only time you need to be worried is if you have something they will want to tell all the people you have come in contact with. So be careful what you say as they do the questionaire first.
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Captain Caveman

I wouldn't waste your money on a private clinic - I went to one once and it was worse service than the NHS

Have been to my local hospital GUM clinic twice in last 12 months and have found it plain sailing.

Rest assured the NHS takes patient confidentiality VERY seriously.

Offline AnthG

Rest assured the NHS takes patient confidentiality VERY seriously.

Not if you have something though. They are obligated to breach confidentiality then. This is why you need to be careful who you say you have had sex with as they always ask you who you have before they do the tests.
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Captain Caveman

Not if you have something though. They are obligated to breach confidentiality then. This is why you need to be careful who you say you have had sex with as they always ask you who you have before they do the tests.

That is not my understanding of it.

At my last visit, I was asked the name of my sexual partner (which was a WG but I didn't tell them that).

They took a name but there was no obligation to provide a real name or any contact details. They told me it was a box ticking exercise so they could report they had collected a partner's name and meet a target.

They don't get it touch with that person, and don't have the info to anyway even if they wanted to.

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

I went to my local GUM clinic and they were really nice and non-judgemental. They know what goes on and all of the patients are there for the same reason so no-one sits in judgement.

I visited because my foreskin was really sore and had tiny scabs on it. I was very painful to peel it back to even wash it. I was convinced I'd picked something up after a particularly heavy oral session with a civvie. It turns out I had thrush which is a side effect of my then undiagnosed type 2 diabetes.

Whilst I was there they were filming for a channel 4 documentary series about GUM clinics. I politely declined!

JV547845

There is one swab that is not a nice feeling at all. Its either the Gonorrhea or the Chlamydia one but they want to get a swab of the back of your throat and it is not a nice feeling at all.

That swab is really no big deal.

JV547845

If you have a reportable condition they might have to refer you to the council health investigation team.  I've always told them I've paid for sex and have records of all their contact details and they've never asked me anymore than how many partners, what activities, and what nationality?  Even if I was pretending to be a local Cassanova, I could say they were all one night stands after meeting girls in night clubs or meeting girls on Plenty of Fish.

TheCape

Thanks for the advice all.  Having got the visit over and done with I thought I would give me own observations.

Firstly, don't go the private route.  It costs a frigging fortune!  I was expecting something in the £100-£200 range but it was a lot more than that and I could have had punts for the better part of a year for what it would have cost! So decided to go the NHS route and contacted the clinic a ten minute drive from where I work (But far enough away that I shouldn't be spotted, at least during office hours when everyone else will be working).

It was nigh on impossible to get through on the phone line during the day (I assume there is just one line) but easier in the evening after 5pm.  Was advised there was a walk in clinic the following morning and if I arrived before the official opening time of 8:30, I should been seen pretty quickly.  So I turned up at 8:10 to be greeted by a crowd that felt like Wembley stadium on cup final day! Took my number in the high twenties and when they called out 'Number 4 please' I thought sod this and asked if I could book an appointment which they happily arranged for the following morning.   So back in to work with no-one the wiser and returned the following day to a waiting room with just a handful of people.  Much better, much calmer and something to consider for someone visiting for the first time.

In with the doc, an Asian, Indian I think, man with a serious poker face.  A few questions as to why I was there and finally my admission that I had been with WG's.  No change in tone, really want him to say something funny or reassuring but complete blank.  Questions on sexual activity.  Nothing too raunchy here so I feel a bit more relaxed.  Have I has sex abroad?  No. He asks this more than once and then 'Thai'?  I sure that's covered in the previous question but again answer no.  Oral without is clearly the problem here.

So to the test.  First is the swab of which he takes two.  The first takes about a second, the second, maybe 2-3 seconds and are uncomfortable but not painful.  I'm 'clenched', but its more through uncertainty having not been through this before.  Once done, I give blood test and then urine with the nurse.  No residual feeling from the swab when I pee, so feeling better.  Back to the doc who tells me the jabs and treatments I'm having and gives a little lecture on safe sex etc.  Get the feeling he would seriously disapprove of unprotected sex, sex abroad and would just saw the poor fellow off if I had had sex in Thailand!

Off to see second, younger nursey who has a great figure and is quite pretty.  I'm think £150 per hour?? but that this really isn't the time for asking!  Tells me I'll be having Hep B jab in arm and something else in my arse and taking 4 tablets in one go.  I'm thinking of changing my username to 'dartboard' as the first jab goes in the arm.  No pain at all, two more of these over the next two months will be a breeze.  Then Michael Van Gerwen puts one in the backside which is actually lower hip (Don't need to remove trousers, just pull them and underwear down a bit).  Again, no pain and its all done.  Just to mention here, in my conversation with fit nursey, I am pretty sure that she is not told of why I am here and what I have been up to.  She just does the injections.  Not that it's important but if anyone was put off by the 'embarrassment factor', they really needn't be.  She tells me there is no need to be embarrassed and is very chatty and friendly. We're then all done.  Results to punting phone in a week or so and then book in 1 month for 2nd Hep B jab and again 1 month after than.  No sex at all for 10 days (Which fucks up me rather pleasant plan for next weekend but hey ho) and off I go.

Having 'taken the plunge' I would summarise the following:
1) Private is too expensive and the NHS staff are magnificent as ever. Don't hesitate to use their services.
2) The walk in clinic was daunting given the number of people in there.  I kept looking to see if there was anyone I knew and didn't enjoy being sat there.  If you can make an appointment, it may be better.  I felt much less nervous to be greeted by about half a dozen people the next day.       
3) Be honest about your activities.  I was going to lie and mention 'one night stand' or met someone online. But I think the WG issue needs to be mentioned.  The jabs are nothing and 'poker face' didn't seem too shocked or bothered in the slightest.
4) I gave false details and this nearly caught me out when he called my false name.  As no-one responded he went back up to reception with me chasing after him saying 'err, yes that's me'.  I'm sure he knew and my slight concern is that they will pull me up on this more my treatment is over.  So far so good though.

So thanks for the replies and hopefully this will help someone who finds themselves in a similar position.

Captain Caveman

Thanks for providing this account

Hope you'll be back in action soon

:thumbsup:

domino131

If you don't mind me asking, what was the jab in the arse and the tablets for?  I've had the hep B course but it didn't involve that.

TheCape

To be honest Domino I was losing track with all the bloody needles! I'm sure he said Gonorrhea though.  Chlamydia was mentioned but he said I don't appear to have the symptoms for that.

bod666

The 4 tablets in one go was for chlamydia the jab in the arse was for gonorrhoea. They seem to have blanket treated you for everything - did you have symptoms?

I went to mine recently in the west mids and there were signs everywhere saying I had to give my real name. I had been referred by my doctor so wasn't too worried about giving a false name however I didn't give the other half as emergency contact details.

I had symptoms (burning sensation when peeing, discharge and a bit of incontinence!) so had the whole swab etc but they couldn't see anything when they did the test and just gave me the big dose of antibiotics because the nurse thought it was chlamydia. Still waiting on the results but they said they'd call me after a week if I was positive for anything, if all negative I'd get a text message. My week anniversary of the test is today so fingers crossed I'm in the clear.  All the symptoms are gone now so I'm now counting down the days to my next punt ;)

However covered oral only for me from now on :(

Offline tantric talents

Glad you concluded that going private for sexual health testing is a complete waste of money.
I just thought that you should also know that there really is no problem giving your real name and details to an NHS gum clinic. They keep strict confidentiality and will never inform your GP unless you give them permission.
My local clinic in Paddington also never calls out names, but always your unique reference number which you keep forever. Even if you were to see someone there you recognised, and it's never happened to me so far after many visits, they will probably be just as surprised/embarrased as you!  Remember that people are there for a variety of reasons and many of us just go for regular check ups for own peace of mind.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:50:43 am by tantric talents »

bod666

Yup - when I was describing my symptoms to my doctor he basically said - we have a specialist Genito urinary clinic in this city - go there. They're far more qualified to diagnose you than me. Which was surprisingly humble from a doctor. I may, or may not, have had an sti and basically anyone with urinary issues gets sent there. However when I went and sat in the waiting room by the fact that no one looked at anyone else in the eye I was pretty sure everyone was there getting checked out for stis. There were some fit girls there though waiting... I couldn't help but wonder how many were working girls ;)

TheCape

Bod - the symptoms I had was a mild soreness/sting after peeing, nothing else.  Seems to have gone now so fingers crossed. Good luck with yours and yes, I completely agree about oral being covered from now on. I may weaken in time but the past few days have been uncomfortable for various reasons!
Tantric - yes, private is an unbelievable waste of money but glad the prices were that high as it put me off instantly. NHS have been superb but I really would recommend a booked appointment over the walk in. Didn't see any signs about giving false details but if I have to come clean at any stage now it won't bother me. I doubt they'll hold it against me and withhold my remaining jabs and with hindsight I should have been honest. Although in saying that my GP is some way way from where I work and they may have insisted I visit a clinic near my home which would have meant taking a whole day and throwing a sickie.

TheCape

One final thing, I'm told I can't have sex (even covered) for 10 days. Not sure which part of the treatment this is due to but I'm not really in the mood for a punt at the moment anyway  :(

milfwklover

Read a few threads on here about GUM clinics and finally decided to man up and get myself checked today(no 'symptoms' so to speak, but time to be responsible).

Didn't make an appointment, just went as a walk-in. Wasn't too busy but still quite a few people there(% about 60-40 female, male). Went to reception, nice friendly girl behind the desk asked what I was there for, I said I wanted an sti-test/check-up. She gave me a form to fill in - had the basics like name, address(you only had to fill out postcode of you wanted), contact number, sexuality, ethnicity etc.

Had to wait just over an hour before I was seen, by a female doc. I expected to field questions about my sexual activity/habits but no. Was given a pot to piss in, which I did in the nearest toilet and left behind the little door in the room, and then had some blood removed. Have always hated needles but it was the most painless jab I've ever had. Whole thing took less than five minutes. Was given a card with a number to call in a weeks time to get the results.

Feeling a bit nervous now tbh. Have always tried to be 'safe' but of course there's always a risk.

Offline smiths

Read a few threads on here about GUM clinics and finally decided to man up and get myself checked today(no 'symptoms' so to speak, but time to be responsible).

Didn't make an appointment, just went as a walk-in. Wasn't too busy but still quite a few people there(% about 60-40 female, male). Went to reception, nice friendly girl behind the desk asked what I was there for, I said I wanted an sti-test/check-up. She gave me a form to fill in - had the basics like name, address(you only had to fill out postcode of you wanted), contact number, sexuality, ethnicity etc.

Had to wait just over an hour before I was seen, by a female doc. I expected to field questions about my sexual activity/habits but no. Was given a pot to piss in, which I did in the nearest toilet and left behind the little door in the room, and then had some blood removed. Have always hated needles but it was the most painless jab I've ever had. Whole thing took less than five minutes. Was given a card with a number to call in a weeks time to get the results.

Feeling a bit nervous now tbh. Have always tried to be 'safe' but of course there's always a risk.

I hope you test negative and my advice is go on a regular basis from now on.

milfwklover

I hope you test negative and my advice is go on a regular basis from now on.
Thanks mate. If I continue the punting life then regular checks will definitely be a part of it.

Offline flybynightpm

How often do people go? I've been once after a gum infection scared the life out of me..which was 6 months into my punting career, looking to go again after summer hols...

milfwklover

Follow up from my previous post.

Phoned the number given to me last Monday to get my results. It was an automated system so I only had to enter my DOB and patient id number. Clean bill of health on all counts, full house of negatives.

Relieved but thankful for that element of luck needed despite always trying to be safe when punting. It has made me think twice about receiving OWO from now on, and I'd be loath to stop giving RO but.... may have to be a little more cautious.

Thankful that I had the test, and now feel I can go into my next punt/encounter with a clear conscience and more self-responsibility.

Recommend anyone who hasn't been to a GUM clinic to bite the bullet and get checked. A painless, embarrassment-free, mature and necessary thing to do.

Might treat myself to a drink now, or a punt :drinks:

Steptoe

Quote::
Recommend anyone who hasn't been to a GUM clinic to bite the bullet and get checked. A painless, embarrassment-free, mature and necessary thing to do.

Good man. Glad all was well for you. NOBODY should have reservations about using NHS Walk-In GUM.  Most user friendly group in the hozzy I reckon.  I have been going so regular for so long that I just walk in whistling and wave to all the staff - well, the lady on reception has been there for years.  As another poster said - feel easy giving your real name/ details because unless you give them full authority they will NEVER contact your GP or send any regular mail. 

Step

Offline smiths

Follow up from my previous post.

Phoned the number given to me last Monday to get my results. It was an automated system so I only had to enter my DOB and patient id number. Clean bill of health on all counts, full house of negatives.

Relieved but thankful for that element of luck needed despite always trying to be safe when punting. It has made me think twice about receiving OWO from now on, and I'd be loath to stop giving RO but.... may have to be a little more cautious.

Thankful that I had the test, and now feel I can go into my next punt/encounter with a clear conscience and more self-responsibility.

Might treat myself to a drink now, or a punt :drinks:

Glad to hear you got a clean bill of sexual health. :thumbsup:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Quote::

Not sure about "embarrassment free".    :unknown:

My last visit was to a clinic in Barking, I was surprised to see that it was a mixed clinic, men and women wait in the same room.  :scare:

fredpunter

My last visit was to a clinic in Barking, I was surprised to see that it was a mixed clinic, men and women wait in the same room.  :scare:

I've never been to one where that isn't the case. Not embarasing, nice to have a bit of eye candy to help pass the time.

Offline smiths

I've never been to one where that isn't the case. Not embarasing, nice to have a bit of eye candy to help pass the time.

Yes its not in the slightest embarrassing to me, though some clinics do run men and women only clinics at certain times.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Well I felt like a dirty old nonce.       :blush: :blush:

Offline gary03

just one concern.i have had 3 visits to gum clinic.all negative thank goodness
my concern is me & mrs have private medical insurance.could i be turned down & if so how do i expkain that ?

Offline Trevor12

Yes its not in the slightest embarrassing to me, though some clinics do run men and women only clinics at certain times.

The clinic I visit has a mixed waiting area for walk-ins, and seperate gender waiting areas for booked appointments. Wouldn't bother me either way though.

Offline smiths

just one concern.i have had 3 visits to gum clinic.all negative thank goodness
my concern is me & mrs have private medical insurance.could i be turned down & if so how do i expkain that ?

I have the same Insurance but when I go to the GUM I never give my real details so there is no link to me. I personally don't trust there couldn't be a data leak for example so being anonymous is the way I do it.

milfwklover

No, it was fine, and I'm someone who gets embarrassed pretty quickly :blush: Possibly might've been less intimidating because most of the people in there were around my age(mid 20s - 30s). 

Offline The Man from Del Monte

If you're single is there any good reason not to give your proper telephone number?

vw

If you're single is there any good reason not to give your proper telephone number?
Just in case, you don't want your mum, mates or the one night stand you just pulled seeing texts from the clap clinic. Why not live life by best practice, less change of routine when things go wrong and you end up with an OH !

Offline smiths

Yes possible data leaks as the Dean Street clinic had occur a while back, personally I don't want the possibility of others knowing what I do so being anonymous is the best way to ensure that happens.