Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: "hi, long time lurker here" - why do they introduce themselves as such?  (Read 1129 times)

Offline PLeisure

Is it the overwhelming sense of relief that they've finally decided to join the punting brethren. And that this admittance somehow justifies their months of previously 'lurking' ?
It's not like we're some elevated type of species  :rolleyes:   Just like to enjoy some decent sex is all  :drinks:

I've never understood the need to say this :unknown:  - probably because soon as I discovered this forum no further time was wasted in deciding whether it was right for me.
It does come across as slightly creepy, though. Or is that just me?

Anyway, looks like Admin has figured out a way to weed them out...  :hi:

cockneybstrd

I expect its just really an extension of those that like to ring up Radio phone ins and say 'Hi long time listener first time caller' or UKP 'long time lurker first time poster'

One can only assume its way of making others feel a bit more relaxed and they understand the protocols and some of the Idiosyncratic nature of the forum

SirFrank

I'd love to know the stats on this - how many long time lurkers get banned? New members are essential to the site but I'm now highly dubious about any new poster who starts a thread on the main board where they essentially introduce themselves to all and sundry. Each to their own but I'm pretty sure my first thread was a general comment in the regional threads and slowly built up to talking shit.

Of course there are long time lurkers out there but for me this kind of shit is a bit like walking into a military check point with a suicide vest on - they stand out a mile! They may just as well say I'm a fucking troll and I'm hoping to be banned before the ink is even dry on my first post. My advice to the genuine newbie - do a bit of swimming before you dive off the high boards. That's not about 'knowing your place' it's simply about showing that you are genuine.

Fucking iPhone autocorrect - I'm constantly modifying my posts because of it. Even when you spell the right word, apple think another word would be more appropriate. Cunts
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:05:22 pm by SirFrank »

yorkshire123

Personally I don't mind the long time lurker bit unless its followed by some inane bollocks that they would have easily picked up as unacceptable if they were actually a lurker.

Offline cueball

Each to their own but I'm pretty sure my first thread was a general comment in the regional threads and slowly built up to talking shit.

That's how I started and yorkshire was my first reply (to instruct me on how to post a link)

I've talked a lot of bollox since that first day :D

Offline azrael

Personally I don't mind the long time lurker bit unless its followed by some inane bollocks that they would have easily picked up as unacceptable if they were actually a lurker.

+1 but what irks me right to the bones are those that request wg's and finish their posts by saying GO!!  :dash: :dash:  :diablo:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:19:30 pm by azrael »

Offline cueball

+1 but what irks me right to the bones are those that request wg's and finish their posts by saying GO!!  :dash: :dash:  :diablo:

Plus another one

Also, the lazy arses that come on when one or two posts and expect us lot to suggest lasses to em.

They think we're a Fuckin service for lazy cunts to get a heads up without putting anything in.

Cunts (as Frank would say)

Atticus Finch

I expect its just really an extension of those that like to ring up Radio phone ins and say 'Hi long time listener first time caller' or UKP 'long time lurker first time poster'

One can only assume its way of making others feel a bit more relaxed and they understand the protocols and some of the Idiosyncratic nature of the forum

I think there is probably a lot of merit in both of these points.

Offline AnthG

It does come across as slightly creepy, though. Or is that just me?

The only thing I find really creepy about it, is when anyone replies to their topics, they then reply back as if they've known you for years.

That I find a bit creepy as nobody knows them at all but they are acting like you should know them and they know everything about you.

To be honest I think this is just a line someone says when they are re-registering from a previous ban and they use to think they will hide it.
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline azrael

The only thing I find really creepy about it, is when anyone replies to their topics, they then reply back as if they've known you for years.

That I find a bit creepy as nobody knows them at all but they are acting like you should know them and they know everything about you.

To be honest I think this is just a line someone says when they are re-registering from a previous ban and they use to think they will hide it.

Or the ones you offer advice/alternatives to there request, and they then proceed too get upset that your asking personal questions. And your like well you did ask for help...... :dash:  :dash:

Deviant

It all makes this forum what it is.

I love the Moderators in waiting everywhere who incorrectly label me as a troll and who love to tell me that I am X amount of days away from being banned. All because I deviate from the normal accepted ways of punting and posting.

Still you are not a bad bunch of blokes. A lot of grumpy old men but, extremely knowledgeable.

Offline PLeisure

ha, yorks, cueball & azrael - so true. Thinking that UKP is a travel agency for punters' specific wants and tastes  :rolleyes:

I wholeheartedly agree that more members are welcome. Long as they understand the value of contributing, of course.
Just bemused by the need to introduce yourself in this way.

Sir Frank - sage words as always
My advice to the genuine newbie - do a bit of swimming before you dive off the high boards. That's not about 'knowing your place' it's simply about showing that you are genuine.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 12:00:47 am by PLeisure »

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Plus another one

Also, the lazy arses that come on when one or two posts and expect us lot to suggest lasses to em.

They think we're a Fuckin service for lazy cunts to get a heads up without putting anything in.

Cunts (as Frank would say)

We've got 2 first timers in the NE section reviving threads 12 to 18 months old, 1 to tout and the other to ask for a phone number.   :dash:

Offline maxxblue

I love the Moderators in waiting everywhere who incorrectly label me as a troll and who love to tell me that I am X amount of days away from being banned. All because I deviate from the normal accepted ways of punting and posting.

Still you are not a bad bunch of blokes. A lot of grumpy old men but, extremely knowledgeable.

Who has incorrectly labelled you as a troll?

yorkshire123

It won't be the troll label or the grumpy old men that will get you banned, your own arrogance will be your downfall.

Compared to late8 & Infosneaker you are a mere amateur in the world of self importance & reaction posting & they were eventually found out, you just seem to have given yourself a head start. 

Offline smiths

Yeah deviate by saying the forum is predominantly narcissists, diagnosing people you don't know on the net, complete and utter bollocks. :rolleyes:

vw

I love your intro post Deviant !!

Croydon is the cesspool of London punting.

Notice everyone commenting on this thread never done this lurker confession
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 12:14:44 am by vw »

Offline PLeisure

Yeah deviate by saying the forum is predominantly narcissists, diagnosing people you don't know on the net, complete and utter bollocks. :rolleyes:

A recent attempt at benign antagonism  :rolleyes:
At times with this forum it is like the seasoned veterans who make the forum are all on the blob. They tend to over-react.

Gotta say, the level of premium douchery this place sometimes attracts.......  :sarcastic:

hattiejacques

Guilty as charged. I think it's to an extent just a common courtesy to introduce yourself as a newbie but I will agree that 'LTL' is a bit clichéd and probably has, if you'll excuse the pun, had the arse torn out of it.

OP makes some good points. I'd say it was probably ukp got  me over the line from AW to doing the deed. Got my 3rd deed lined up for tomorrow.

Timmy2

Went to see what my first post was back in January 2015
phewwww

"Saw her in December 2014. Fantastic
OWO, CIM, Anal £30 extra. Rough Face Fucking, and best Rimming i have ever had
Safe flat, well woth a punt"

8 minutes after registering ...not bad, impressed

Raddy

Offline Lowie1973

Wonder how people would react if you behaved the same way offline.

Knock Knock
"Hi - I've been lurking around outside your house for the last three weeks listening into your conversations and staring through your windows. Just thought I'd introduce myself and ask for your advice on who I should fuck ?"

Offline PLeisure

Wonder how people would react if you behaved the same way offline.

Knock Knock
"Hi - I've been lurking around outside your house for the last three weeks listening into your conversations and staring through your windows. Just thought I'd introduce myself and ask for your advice on who I should fuck ?"

Got it in one !  :hi:

~ creepy, right ?  :unknown: