Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Murder in Leeds.  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Horizontal pleasures

External Link/Members Only

"We are therefore appealing to anyone involved in any aspect of sex work in the managed area in Holbeck to let us know anything they have seen or heard that could assist the investigation.”"

what is a 'managed area'? If it was supposed to be safe it was mismanaged.

I know this is a Yorkshire incident but the issues raised surely affect us all.

Offline stevedave

I read about this yesterday, horrible news. But, sadly, I guess this is a risk of working on the street  :(

The managed area is effectively a zone where prostitution is tolerated between certain hours (7pm-7am) - ie the girls can ply their trade without fear of prosecution. How it works for the punters, I have no idea...I guess they can still be done for curb crawling?

Since the murder was in this managed zone, I would have thought there would be cctv all over the place, but it appears not...which strikes me as nonsensical. Also, this might force the authorities in Leeds to reasses the decisions they have made over the past few years to close down all the parlours in the area, which presumably has forced some (not all) girls onto the street.

Still, like I sat, horrendous news for the girls family and friends, especially so close to Christmas.

Offline smiths

I read about this yesterday, horrible news. But, sadly, I guess this is a risk of working on the street  :(

The managed area is effectively a zone where prostitution is tolerated between certain hours (7pm-7am) - ie the girls can ply their trade without fear of prosecution. How it works for the punters, I have no idea...I guess they can still be done for curb crawling?

Since the murder was in this managed zone, I would have thought there would be cctv all over the place, but it appears not...which strikes me as nonsensical. Also, this might force the authorities in Leeds to reasses the decisions they have made over the past few years to close down all the parlours in the area, which presumably has forced some (not all) girls onto the street.

Still, like I sat, horrendous news for the girls family and friends, especially so close to Christmas.

Thanks very interesting post. So in that area the police have allowed a managed zone although street prostitution is illegal both by the WGs and those that pick them up off the street, and now in that managed zone a WG assuming she was one has been sadly murdered, and there may not be any CCTV. If its proved she was a WG murdered in that managed zone I hope very serious questions are asked of the top cop/s who allowed the zone and why there was no CCTV if there isn't any.

I must say I find it amazing the police allow a managed zone for street WGs but raid and close brothels in the area assuming the WGs working at the brothels were doing so of free will. That's the wrong way round to me as a brothel is safer than the street as this may have shown, though both are obviously illegal but brothels aren't for WGs to work in.

Offline stevedave

Thanks very interesting post. So in that area the police have allowed a managed zone although street prostitution is illegal both by the WGs and those that pick them up off the street, and now in that managed zone a WG assuming she was one has been sadly murdered, and there may not be any CCTV. If its proved she was a WG murdered in that managed zone I hope very serious questions are asked of the top cop/s who allowed the zone and why there was no CCTV if there isn't any.

I must say I find it amazing the police allow a managed zone for street WGs but raid and close brothels in the area assuming the WGs working at the brothels were doing so of free will. That's the wrong way round to me as a brothel is safer than the street as this may have shown, though both are obviously illegal but brothels aren't for WGs to work in.

I couldn't agree more - as I mentioned previously, the whole situation is completely nonsensical.

I find it hard to believe that there isn't a high level of cctv in the tolerance zone, and I would presume that every car driving in and out of it would have it's registration number flagged. If these things aren't happening, I hope heads roll within the local authorities.

bensonhedges20

I would imagine it being more of a theft that led to assault/murder than sex workers being targetted. Most sex workers do have a tendency to dress well, have bling, look and feel the part.

Its just that time of year

vw

I would imagine it being more of a theft that led to assault/murder than sex workers being targetted. Most sex workers do have a tendency to dress well, have bling, look and feel the part.

Its just that time of year
Could be anything, religious nut job, normal nut job, rival pimp an anti prossie feminist to push their cause, an ex lover a current lover a drug dealer a policeman ?

To many reasons

cognito

I would have thought an area swarming with CCTV cameras would put off  both the purveyor and purchaser of services. Evidence to prosecute if they choose to instantly available without the police even having to make an effort......

tonysoprano

I have to say street prostitution is just fucking retarded. In this day and age there is no need for anyone other than drug addicts to stand on street corners selling sex. It's prehistoric and has no place in modern society.

The whole concept of a 'managed zone' is flawed. Why don't they just get those girls off the streets, clean them up and if they want to work, put them in a 'managed flat'?

Having girls standing on the street is just lining them up for the Fred West's of this world to pick them off at will.

Online webpunter

I have to say street prostitution is just fucking retarded
+1   Dangerous for the SP & punters alike.  More so for the former
Great idea by Yorkshire Police having a clampdown on the parlours
Went to a great one in the late 90's.  Massive place - 1 to 2 miles out of the centre.  Can't remember the name.  Began with an 'H' ?  Had pool tables / bar area upstairs & rooms [some with jacuzzis] downstairs

Offline LanceVance

I have to say street prostitution is just fucking retarded. In this day and age there is no need for anyone other than drug addicts to stand on street corners selling sex. It's prehistoric and has no place in modern society.

The whole concept of a 'managed zone' is flawed. Why don't they just get those girls off the streets, clean them up and if they want to work, put them in a 'managed flat'?

Having girls standing on the street is just lining them up for the Fred West's of this world to pick them off at will.

+1 to this, particular the last point. As VW said, anyone who wants to do harm to a WG can just waltz in and there is little anyone can do to stop it. Don't forget that the Ipswich killer was a regular punter who the street girls all knew and trusted, enabling him to target new victims even when the girls wern't seeing new guys as a precaution.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10

vw

The city that allows women to sell sex....

External Link/Members Only

All cities in this country allow people to sell sex, only difference is leeds lets them so it outside in a RLD.

Headline is very misleading.

Offline stevedave

All cities in this country allow people to sell sex, only difference is leeds lets them so it outside in a RLD.

Headline is very misleading.

Media sensationalism? Who'd have thought it!