Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: What happens in a Sauna  (Read 6858 times)

gldrowranger

Hi pals,
I am new to this whole punting thing. I had only 4 punts so far. Right now I am interested in Sauna. I want to try it but dont really know what to do when I get in the door. Can someone tell me a step by step. And would it be more expensive than AW? or the same? Cheers in advance! :hi:

Gordo987

Basically, you get to the door and ring the bell. Somebody will buzz you in, or you might get a voice on an intercom asking you if you want a sauna, and then they buzz you in. Of course it's the massage that cums after the sauna that we are all interested in.  :cool:

Offline Jerboa

You take all your clothes off, have a shower, then with towel walk into sauna and start sweating.

DaveMugabe

Take some water into the sauna with you, and take plenty of sips.

In a steam sauna you should pour ladles of water onto the hot rocks on occassion (they will be there in the room)

In a dry sauna, DO NOT pour water anywhere.

If you feel too hot or faint, get out an cool off for a bit. :drinks:

Offline berksboy

Just take great care as to what sort of sauna you go to !  :rolleyes:

Gordo987

Hi pals,
I am new to this whole punting thing. I had only 4 punts so far. Right now I am interested in Sauna. I want to try it but dont really know what to do when I get in the door. Can someone tell me a step by step. And would it be more expensive than AW? or the same? Cheers in advance! :hi:

Just to be clear, is the OP looking for a 'proper' sauna, or a knocking shop advertising itself as a sauna? :unknown:

Offline Jerboa

Just to be clear, is the OP looking for a 'proper' sauna, or a knocking shop advertising itself as a sauna? :unknown:

We'll I was under the impression he wasn't sure on what you do in a Finnish sauna. :)

overhead

We'll I was under the impression he wasn't sure on what you do in a Finnish sauna. :)

I don't think anyone on here does anyway.

A Sauna is a room with wooden walls and ceiling which absorbs moisture from the air. There is a heater that has rocks on it and the temperature in the room is anywhere between 80 and 120 celsius. You put water on the rocks to increase the humidity and that makes you sweat profusely because the sweat on your skin can't evaporate as quickly as it does in dry air. The idea being that sweating like that removes dirt and dead skin. It's a method of washing, and in the north they often jump in a nearby lake to rinse off. Also it gets rid of things like excess salt from your blood. It's very healthy and a good excuse for a few beers afterwards to re-hydrate!

All the stuff that goes on with girls falls outside the basic principle. I don't think I'd use a sauna in the UK - a) expensive,  b) they don't know how to use them here anyway.

Gordo987

I don't think anyone on here does anyway.

A Sauna is a room with wooden walls and ceiling which absorbs moisture from the air. There is a heater that has rocks on it and the temperature in the room is anywhere between 80 and 120 celsius. You put water on the rocks to increase the humidity and that makes you sweat profusely because the sweat on your skin can't evaporate as quickly as it does in dry air. The idea being that sweating like that removes dirt and dead skin. It's a method of washing, and in the north they often jump in a nearby lake to rinse off. Also it gets rid of things like excess salt from your blood. It's very healthy and a good excuse for a few beers afterwards to re-hydrate!

All the stuff that goes on with girls falls outside the basic principle. I don't think I'd use a sauna in the UK - a) expensive,  b) they don't know how to use them here anyway.

Wow, I think I'm going to stick to Swedish saunas in future!

[Removed by admin]

:scare:

Jay-Jay

Back in the day "a sauna" was the reserve of males into arse-banditry ! :P

Jay

Gordo987

Back in the day "a sauna" was the reserve of males into arse-banditry ! :P

Jay

Back in the 80s I used to go to a couple of mixed saunas, and the only arses I wanted to 'bandit' were the ones sported by some very fuckable females. :cool:

I think you may be confusing saunas with the old Turkish baths (remember The Day of the Jackal?).  :blush:

overhead

Wow, I think I'm going to stick to Swedish saunas in future!

Saunas are from Finland, not Sweden. And those temperatures are not high. The whole idea is to sweat, and that cools you down.

Offline Jerboa

Many of these so called Saunas in the UK the sauna is switched off, have used them in German saunaclubs, sometimes the ladies come in to use the sauna too.

DaveMugabe

Saunas are from Finland, not Sweden. And those temperatures are not high. The whole idea is to sweat, and that cools you down.
Sorry you would definitely die in about 30seconds (maybe a bit longer, but your lungs would probably be frazzled in two breaths) if you were in a room with a temperature of 80 degrees Celsius.  You cannot get 120 celsius and still have water unless high pressure is involved, temperaure would stay at 100 untill all the water turns to steam.  The steam would melt your skin and flesh at 120 degrees celcius, the steam would be known as superheated steam (used in cracking crude oil).  Pasteurisation occurs at around 60 degrees celsius.

You mean farenheit possibly

Tried fucking in a normal sauna once - not too comfortable
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 07:46:01 pm by DaveMugabe »

overhead

Sorry you would definitely die in about 30seconds (maybe a bit longer, but your lungs would probably be frazzled in two breaths) if you were in a room with a temperature of 80 degrees Celsius.  You cannot get 120 celsius and still have water unless high pressure is involved, temperaure would stay at 100 untill all the water turns to steam.  The steam would melt your skin and flesh at 120 degrees celcius, the steam would be known as superheated steam (used in cracking crude oil).  Pasteurisation occurs at around 60 degrees celsius.

You mean farenheit possibly

Tried fucking in a normal sauna once - not too comfortable

Oh well, that just shows how little you know. I suggest you check your facts before spouting off like that.

I've been in a proper sauna many times, and as a matter of fact I think 80 celcius is about the minimum the temperature needs to be in order to be effective. 120 is a bit strong, and 115 is the highest I have personally experienced, but I've heard stories of guys in the Finnish army staging competitions to see how high a temperature they can endure, and temperatures around 150 have been mentioned. It's surprisingly comfortable until you pour water on the stones. As the steam circulates it has an enormous effect. You have to experience it before you comment, otherwise you look like a complete idiot to those who know better.

Further reading for you.

External Link/Members Only

And the more extreme stuff.

DaveMugabe

"On 7 August 2010, Russian finalist and former third-place finisher Vladimir Ladyzhensky and Finnish five-time champion Timo Kaukonen passed out after six minutes in the sauna, both suffering from terrible burns and trauma. According to a spectator who asked not to be identified, Kaukonen was able to leave the sauna with assistance, but Ladyzhensky had to be dragged out, and almost immediately went into cramps and convulsions.[5] Ladyzhensky died despite resuscitation and Kaukonen was rushed to the hospital.[6] He was reported to suffer from extreme burn injuries, and his condition was described as critical, but stable."

When you add water onto dry stones at 110 degrees celsius, the water turns to steam, absorbing some of the heat.  This heat abosorbed is known as Latent Heat of Vaporisation / Evaporation.  The temperature therefore drops.  So temperature drops every thirty seconds by the method described in your link.  The steam thus created is not under pressure, thererfore the temperature of the steam will be at 100.

At 1 bar pressure water cannot be heated to over 100 degrees celsius.  Steam at 120 will melt your skin and flesh.  I did my A level Chemistry project on Latent Heat (there one for the freezing point also)

What you are talking about is the temperature of the rock.  Yes the rocks could be far hotter than 120 but that does not mean the steam is.  Steam below 100 will condense back into water.  So if you are going to split hairs, the temperature in all saunas will be 100 degrees.  However when you breathe it in, temperature drops due to the physiological defenses you have.

Problem is your defences can only work for so long as essentially the mechanism for reducing the temperature of steam reaching your lungs is also Latent Heat of water. So once that defence is depleted, then you have a problem.  That 30 second limit I mentioned in my last post is most likely wrong -it might be more like a few minutes, reading the articles you have linked.

Gordo987

Oh well, that just shows how little you know. I suggest you check your facts before spouting off like that.

I've been in a proper sauna many times, and as a matter of fact I think 80 celcius is about the minimum the temperature needs to be in order to be effective. 120 is a bit strong, and 115 is the highest I have personally experienced, but I've heard stories of guys in the Finnish army staging competitions to see how high a temperature they can endure, and temperatures around 150 have been mentioned. It's surprisingly comfortable until you pour water on the stones. As the steam circulates it has an enormous effect. You have to experience it before you comment, otherwise you look like a complete idiot to those who know better.

Further reading for you.

And the more extreme stuff.

Shit! somebody is actually quoting Wikipedia!  :crazy: Probably one should rest one's case, but let's just imagine sitting in a room in which the temperature is above boiling point. Anything above 40 degrees C is likely to be lethal after not too long. FMWAC  :dash:

Gordo987

Gee professor Pedantic - ity! You are sooooo brainy!!  :wacko:

DaveMugabe

The other point to remember is that air is a bad conductor of heat.  so when the walls, rocks etc are at 110 degrees, doesnt mean the temperature reaching you is at that point too.

Steam however does carry heat better than dry air, so the temperature reaching you will be 100 for esch molcule of steam reaching you.  The more steam there is, more heat will therefore reach you.  Which is why its uncomfortable if there is more steam.

I should have been more specific in my first post - reading it back, I can see that it gives a wrong impression. I was lazy and trying to describe a complex chemical phenomenon is quite a blase way.  Apologies.

The natural defences we have, allows things like people walking over hot coals which may be at 400 degrees, But the temperature reaching thier nerves might only be around 50-60.  Decribing it involves going into detail about physiological reaction in our bodies, and I only have a basic knowledge about that (my project did not focus on the mechanism, just the effect), also its very late.  But there must be good explanation on t'net as to why people can walk over hot coals but not get burnt.  Its the same principle.

overhead

"On 7 August 2010, Russian finalist and former third-place finisher Vladimir Ladyzhensky and Finnish five-time champion Timo Kaukonen passed out after six minutes in the sauna, both suffering from terrible burns and trauma. According to a spectator who asked not to be identified, Kaukonen was able to leave the sauna with assistance, but Ladyzhensky had to be dragged out, and almost immediately went into cramps and convulsions.[5] Ladyzhensky died despite resuscitation and Kaukonen was rushed to the hospital.[6] He was reported to suffer from extreme burn injuries, and his condition was described as critical, but stable."

When you add water onto dry stones at 110 degrees celsius, the water turns to steam, absorbing some of the heat.  This heat abosorbed is known as Latent Heat of Vaporisation / Evaporation.  The temperature therefore drops.  So temperature drops every thirty seconds by the method described in your link.  The steam thus created is not under pressure, thererfore the temperature of the steam will be at 100.

At 1 bar pressure water cannot be heated to over 100 degrees celsius.  Steam at 120 will melt your skin and flesh.  I did my A level Chemistry project on Latent Heat (there one for the freezing point also)

What you are talking about is the temperature of the rock.  Yes the rocks could be far hotter than 120 but that does not mean the steam is.  Steam below 100 will condense back into water.  So if you are going to split hairs, the temperature in all saunas will be 100 degrees.  However when you breathe it in, temperature drops due to the physiological defenses you have.

Problem is your defences can only work for so long as essentially the mechanism for reducing the temperature of steam reaching your lungs is also Latent Heat of water. So once that defence is depleted, then you have a problem.  That 30 second limit I mentioned in my last post is most likely wrong -it might be more like a few minutes, reading the articles you have linked.

When you have experienced it you can talk about it. Not before.

overhead

Gee professor Pedantic - ity! You are sooooo brainy!!

And you seem to be not so.

DaveMugabe

When you have experienced it you can talk about it. Not before.
You think I  havent been in a sauna?? :crazy: :wacko:

It is true though that I havent died yet

overhead

You think I  havent been in a sauna??

It is true though that I havent died yet

I can only believe that if you have been, then the heater was off at the time.

vorian

Maybe it is just me but I assumed the OP is a semi newbie punter looking for some advice and help in relation to SEXUAL activities one could expect in a sauna environment how one goes about paying for the sex, asking about the sex, how to get the sex. That sort of thing, a punter asking a other punters about punting.

Not and maybe the OP can correct me if I'm wrong the very detailed breakdown of how saunas technically work, the history and origins of saunas and the way saunas effect the body was not perhaps what he was looking to learn from UKP. This information seems more suited to "Saunas Monthly". Then it becomes an argument about who knows more about Saunas. I'm afraid I can't help as I know nothing about them either from a punting point of view or a historical/ technical one.

Can anyone help this punter please,  so we can all get back to the burning issue of punting ie how much water to pour on the hot rock things.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:10:01 am by vorian »

overhead

Maybe it is just me but I assumed the OP is a semi newbie punter looking for some advice and help in relation to SEXUAL activities one could expect in a sauna environment how one goes about paying for the sex, asking about the sex, how to get the sex. That sort of thing, a punter asking a other punters about punting.

Not and maybe the OP can correct me if I'm wrong the very detailed breakdown of how saunas technically work, the history and origins of saunas and the way saunas effect the body was not perhaps what he was looking to learn from UKP. This information seems more suited to "Saunas Monthly". Then it becomes an argument about who knows more about Saunas. I'm afraid I can't help as I know nothing about them either from a punting point of view or a historical/ technical one.

Can anyone help this punter please,  so we can all get back to the burning issue of punting ie how much water to pour on the hot rock things.

I think that with a thread title such as - What happens in a Sauna - all the above is pretty much on-topic. I posted links and a bit of guidance for others in response to those who posted a load of mis-leading ignorance.

No one is forcing you to read the thread, and as far as the sexual possibilities are concerned, no one is denying you the opportunity to contribute.

vorian

I think that with a thread title such as - What happens in a Sauna - all the above is pretty much on-topic. I posted links and a bit of guidance for others in response to those who posted a load of mis-leading ignorance.

No one is forcing you to read the thread, and as far as the sexual possibilities are concerned, no one is denying you the opportunity to contribute.

Oh please, my comments weren't aimed at you specifically which is why I didn't quote you but you kind of have to read between the lines.  The bloke doesn't want to know what happens in a sauna ie how the bloody thing works, he wants to know what happens in a sauna ie how to have a sexual encounter in one. That's kind of the point of this forum. As I said in my post I do not use saunas so cannot personally help but I was inviting other punters to help answer his questions about how to successfully punt in one. You really don't need to be so defensive I now know more about saunas than I did before reading this thread so I'm happy but still don't think the op has had his real questioned answered. I am interested have you punted in a sauna before if you have the op might find your views helpful.

overhead

Oh please, my comments weren't aimed at you specifically which is why I didn't quote you but you kind of have to read between the lines.  The bloke doesn't want to know what happens in a sauna ie how the bloody thing works, he wants to know what happens in a sauna ie how to have a sexual encounter in one. That's kind of the point of this forum. As I said in my post I do not use saunas so cannot personally help but I was inviting other punters to help answer his questions about how to successfully punt in one. You really don't need to be so defensive I now know more about saunas than I did before reading this thread so I'm happy but still don't think the op has had his real questioned answered. I am interested have you punted in a sauna before if you have the op might find your views helpful.

The OP didn't mention anything about sex in a sauna, and I wasn't being defensive.

I've spend quite a lot of time in Finland and the sauna is an integral part of the culture, which is somewhat different from UK culture. The way sauna is perceived in the UK is probably quite offensive to Finns. I feel offended and I'm not even Finnish. Fortunately there won't be too many, if any, reading this forum thank goodness. I think it is beneficial for people to know what sauna is and how it is supposed to operate before they get on to the off-beat stuff. The fact that no-one has posted anything about that speaks volumes.

vorian

The OP didn't mention anything about sex in a sauna, and I wasn't being defensive.

I've spend quite a lot of time in Finland and the sauna is an integral part of the culture, which is somewhat different from UK culture. The way sauna is perceived in the UK is probably quite offensive to Finns. I feel offended and I'm not even Finnish. Fortunately there won't be too many, if any, reading this forum thank goodness. I think it is beneficial for people to know what sauna is and how it is supposed to operate before they get on to the off-beat stuff. The fact that no-one has posted anything about that speaks volumes.

Overhead, you seem like a well intentioned guy and I certainly don't feel strongly enough about the subject matter on this occasion to have an argument about what a third party may or may not have meant. So I am happy to say I was mistaken and the OP was more interested in the technical aspects of a sauna as opposed to the more off beat sexual aspects of entering one. :hi:

Offline Jerboa

Hi pals,

I hope you are taking notes, anymore questions regarding saunas?

Offline sparrow

Hi pals,

It's obvious to anyone but a moron that the OP means the sexual side of things.

Best advice is to take the bull by the horns and just go in. Say it's your first time and someone in there will guide you. Nothing to worry about.

bush#hunter

Best advice is to take the bull by the horns and just go in. Say it's your first time and someone in there will guide you. Nothing to worry about.

Not quite everyone  :yahoo:

Whitebeer

The best and the only so called sauna I used to frequent a good few years ago was a place called Caesars palace in Sheffield. Had the steam and dry one there.
There was a room upstairs where a group of us used to go in and switch on the video and WGs would join us for bantering.
Some real hotties were available and the best times were just before the new shift comes in as that way we could spend hours in there doing two three rounds.

Gordo987

Similar. I remember one Manchester place - before Sauna and Massage became synonymous with knocking shop - where you could take a bottle of plonk into the sauna itself and share it with a girl of your choice. Sad really, but the last time I was there, the bloody thing was switched off.  :(

DaveMugabe

It may be so sparrow, but you will note that the OP hasnt posted in response to any comments.  I think its just a troll.

I was just having a bit of fun - I know it doesnt help if he was expecting advice, but he could easily post and clarify that he wanted advice on getitng a shag at a "sauna", he hasnt and that says it all.

Offline Jerboa

No you don't want to be shagging in a sauna, you'd be sweating like Ken Barlow at Crown Court.

DaveMugabe

:lol: :lol:
No you don't want to be shagging in a sauna, you'd be sweating like Ken Barlow at Crown Court.

Gordo987

It may be so sparrow, but you will note that the OP hasnt posted in response to any comments.  I think its just a troll.

I was just having a bit of fun - I know it doesnt help if he was expecting advice, but he could easily post and clarify that he wanted advice on getitng a shag at a "sauna", he hasnt and that says it all.

You know, it strikes me that some people take some threads too seriously. IMHO if some people that post on here do NOT expect answers relating to sex and brothels etc. they should probably not post at all. Like you say, as well as discussing some relatively serious issues, we are (or at least I am) 'just having a bit of fun'.  :thumbsup:

DaveMugabe

but he could easily post and clarify that he wanted advice on getitng a shag at a "sauna", he hasnt and that says it all.
Even "quite" er

James Smith

Ha ha

Offline smiths

Offline smiths

ha ha

Again, what value is this providing, according to you you will be contributing and adding value to the forum. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline Daffodil

Thats really added value as you posted you would be doing, not. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In another couple of 'his' posts today 'he' ends them with kisses. Not totally unheard of for a guy, but a much more feminine thing to do.

I also see you, smiths, suspected 'him' of touting that party.

I suspect you're probably right  :hi:

Gordo987

In another couple of 'his' posts today 'he' ends them with kisses. Not totally unheard of for a guy, but a much more feminine thing to do.

Ooh, er um ah well .... :unknown:

Offline smiths

Banned now i see Daff. I knew it, another low life pimp and tout. This forum is now worth their while trying to sell their goods on due to its popularity. This will happen more and more as it gets more popular which they will find wont be easy as unlike elsewhere we have a number of punters far far far far far far far far smarter than these people will ever be. :D