Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Std testing at the Dr's  (Read 1290 times)

Drillakilla

Does anyone know if local gp's or their practices test for std's?

The last post about bareback got me thinking.

Years back if and when I was needing to get tested, our GUM clinic had lengthy waits outside of it on a busy street near the centre of town, where morning commuters can see the queue of shame as such, and there was also a chance you could bump into someone you know.

It would be far more discreet and convenient if the local go surgery done this.

Offline tesla

it probably depends on your GP practice, I suspect most will want to refer you to your local GUM clinic

Offline smiths

Years back if and when I was needing to get tested, our GUM clinic had lengthy waits outside of it on a busy street near the centre of town, where morning commuters can see the queue of shame as such, and there was also a chance you could bump into someone you know.

My GP has never offered this and no other GP I have had has either. Also for ME if they did I wouldn't be getting tested through them anyway as I don't want my GP to know I shag WGs whereas I happily tell the GUM that so I get all the tests,

Offline HappyandLucky

Some GP practices do but most GUM are onsite with hospitals or have facilities onsite for lab tests. This means a quicker turnaound on results, plus if HIV is involved I believe you need access to counselling etc  for which a normal  GP practice can only refer for.
For me I swallow the cost and go private, £300 some tests back immediately, others in 2 hours. Expensive but a latte is thrown in and fine glossy waiting room magsazines. I hate waiting on results so worth the investment for me. After years of punting still nothing to report  :yahoo:

SirFrank

Most don't and will send you to the local GUM

Offline jawill

GPS can test you but whereas a GUM clinic is confidential, the go well record on your medical notes the tests, including hiv test. In the future, if you need a medical disclaimer signed by your gp and they ask if you have had a hiv test, the go must answer it yes, whereas a GUM clinic cannot say anything.

And, as others have said, gum clinics have quicker appointments and some have test facilities on site .

pierrot

My local gum clinic is appointments only
very little waiting

Offline LanceVance

It seems to vary. The GUM Clinic I use has walk-in slots available, so I don't bother waiting for a GP's referral if I want a test.

SUMO61

Go to a clinic in another town. Give a made up name. That's what I do.

Simple :unknown:

Sylvester

One of the benefits of working in central London is that I can readily get to the Dean Street Express GUM clinic in Soho.  No appointment required, and results texted to you the same day.

It gets busy so I always go before work, and have never had to wait.

Offline x369

Years ago I had to go to the Doctor's for a suspected HIV test, it was all clear but the doctor did say that you don't want things like that on your record as it can affect mortgage applications and life insurance policies.

At least with the GUM clinic its between you and the clinic.

jcdmj12

Years ago I had to go to the Doctor's for a suspected HIV test, it was all clear but the doctor did say that you don't want things like that on your record as it can affect mortgage applications and life insurance policies.

At least with the GUM clinic its between you and the clinic.

Yep, I'm very careful about what I disclose to my GP, because records can come back to bite you. Even getting treated for something minor like chlaymydia needs to be declared on an insurance application if it's on your records, and could well raise your premium because they will assume (not unfairly) that you engage in "risky sexual behaviour"